The Red Deer Public School District
Invites applications for the position of:
Location: Facility Services Department
The successful applicant will perform plumbing maintenance work at various Red Deer Public Schools locations. The employee will receive a starting wage of $30.23 hourly, and a comprehensive benefit and pension package complete with life insurance, extended disability, dental and vision care. Three weeks vacations will be offered after the first year of employment. The regular work schedule is Monday through Friday. Employees must be available for after hour callouts and an on call coverage rotation.
- High School Diploma
- Journeyman Plumber Certification and Journeyman Gas Ticket over 1 million BTU’s
- Knowledge of occupational and safety precautions of the position
- Valid Alberta Class 4 Drivers License will be required after hire
- 5 years experience in a commercial setting as a Journeyman Plumber
- Knowledge of heating and ventilation systems is preferred
- WHMIS and First Aid training is preferred
- Backflow Prevention Certification preferred
- Good physical stamina is required
Preference will be given to those with a positive attitude and the ability to build strong and effective relations. Sound written and verbal communication is a must as you will be required to interact with staff, students, parents and contractors.
For more information about the Red Deer Public School District, visit our web site at: www.rdpsd.ab.ca
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; however, applications received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013 will be assured of careful consideration.
Applications, with references, should be directed to:
Human Resources at Red Deer Public School Division
Address: 4747 53 Street, Red Deer, AB T4P 2E6
A current criminal record check and child intervention check will be required of new employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.