Red Deer College Employee Review

View all Red Deer College reviews

A good work environment
Instructor in Geography (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2014
Looking back, it has been a fruitful and enjoyable experience teachinrg a range of first and second year geography courses, which also included Geomatics, GIS in particular.
The work environment in the Science Department and the morale among co-workers was excellent, despite having to manage with limited funding for programs overall.
I never really felt any pressure on the job, so when we mean hardest part, I can think only of the prep work needed for lectures and labs, and also, of course marking exams!

My work as an instructor was most enjoyable simply because I knew I was not only imparting knowledge on students but also helping them along in their learning endeavours, preparing them to meet the challenges of the outside world.

Other Red Deer College Employee Reviews

Productive place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 September 2017
Very good facility with great teachers who are willing to go the extra steps with students to make sure they fully understand what is being taught before going onto the next lessons.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weird hours.
Okay Place to Work
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 July 2017
Better if they had benefits
Shift differential would be good
Staff language barriers
Need better new staff training protocols to ensure everyone works to the same standard