Red Deer College Employee Reviews

Volunteer on executive
Visual Arts Society Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 October 2016
once a week the Visual Arts Society would meet to discuss,plan and execute projects for the Arts in Red Deer College, ranging from Art sales to workshops to further skills of artists.
Poor
Stage Hand (Properties Master) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2016
The school doesn't care about it's students at all and has a ridiculous amount of miscommunication in the business and student issues. They pay well because they have to and if problems arise they are no help in fixing it
Pros
Convinient
Cons
Disorganization
Supportive environment
Health Care Aide Chair (Former Employee) –  Red Deer College16 November 2015
Department is managed by extremely competent and forward thinking individuals. Student success is always the priority with much support given to Instructors. It was a privilege to be part of the Nursing department.
Good work environment, very low pay.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer7 October 2015
Red Deer College is acceptable as a first job, but the pay is too low for an individual to support him or herself. The work environment is fine, and the work is not very strenuous.
Absoutly Amazing Place to Work
Donations Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2014
In this position I was responsible for many aspects of 3 different departments within the Community Relations department as well as the College Finance department. I was responsible for all Canada Revenue Agency requirements being met on all of our donations from all types of donors. I would draft donor agreements, receive donations in all forms (cash/bonds/stocks/gift-in-kind etc.) Receipting our donors was one of my major responsibilities. I also met with co-workers about our campaign and created financial reports.

The experience with co-workers was like being one big family, everyone worked as a team and were always open to new ideas.

I can't pin point just one part of my job as the most enjoyable because it was all so enjoyable. Very thankful to have worked with such an amazing organization.
Was a challenge working with a Spanish crew but we had lots of fun.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  32 street Red Deer16 October 2012
On Red Deer College if students left when they had done there school year in spring,i was getting a crew for doing spring cleanings and turn the units into little hotel rooms for the summer.My crew of 12 to 15 people provide in summer towels,soap,toilet paper ect to those houses and when it was August we turn the houses back for the students who were coming back for the next year of school.

My crew was spanish speaking people so it was a challenge to work with them there i only speaking dutch and english,but we had mostly fun and they did do a good job because my assistant was speaking a bit of english.

The most enjoyable time was the summer time because in the winter i worked all by myself without any assistant or crew member.
Excellent fun place to work
Manager, Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Red Deer10 September 2015
The environment is fun, exciting and all about the students in providing a great place to come and learn. Staff works well together for a common goal
RDC
Alberta Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer College21 April 2015
RDC is a excellent place to take my welding apprenticeship schooling, the instructors were helpful, on the ball and gave great advice and tips.
excellent place of growth.
Audio/Visual Assistant & Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 September 2014
This was a great place of growth both in work and play. I learned many skills at this work place.
Great place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2013
Excellent place to gain experience from. A good job to learn about what post-secondary is like.

4.4