Red Deer College Employee Reviews

Liked the online aspect
student (Former Employee) –  red deer9 June 2017
Always had assistance if needed. I didn't work there. However I imagine it would be a great place to work. Indeed took the name off my resume under my education and wants me to fill this out as a requirement.
Great team work
Trades Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2017
The most challenging and best place I've worked for. Management really helps out in every way they can. Hours are good and I'm home every night. Very hard to get a full time position.
Great Educational Environment
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 June 2017
The program I attended at the time was great. They have an amazing educational environment. I would recommend this College to anyone who is wanting to attend a college that is in a decently medium size city.
Pros
Easy layout to find your classes
I very much enjoyed being a tutor with RDC
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
I would encourage anyone thinking of tutoring with Red Deer College to do it. It is extremely rewarding and the management is very accommodating. The only downside is that there really isn't allot of work.
Working with students and faculty to enchance their goals
Coordinator of Admissions & Registrations (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 March 2017
Coordination of admission and registration process. Providing support for the student database.
Supervision of staff, dealing with student appeals and provide support in their educational decisions and experience.
Campus Recreation Programmer Coordinator
Campus Recreation Programmer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 March 2017
Great people, great company. Thankful for the opportunity!!
My role worked alongside student life and the student association in assisting with planning, organizing, promotion and implementation of campus recreation for student and staff of Red Deer College. Programmers encourage students to find a balance between academic pursuits and recreation/ life outside the classroom and support the departments goal of improving students and staff retention by offering social, recreational, educational, cultural and wellness-based programs.
all around great place to work
Open-studies / PN student (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 March 2017
Great job while attending college. Minimum of 30hrs/week and the shop was flexible when it came to my studies. Plenty of overtime if I wanted it. overall great place to work.
Pros
the ability to grow
Cons
excellent
PN clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  off site5 February 2017
Excellent culture for LPN, progressive teaching; very supportive
professional development support/ opportunities
great team approach
opportunity to work part time and maintain scholarly advancement or other employment
Volunteer on executive
Visual Arts Society Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 October 2016
once a week the Visual Arts Society would meet to discuss,plan and execute projects for the Arts in Red Deer College, ranging from Art sales to workshops to further skills of artists.
Poor
Stage Hand (Properties Master) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2016
The school doesn't care about it's students at all and has a ridiculous amount of miscommunication in the business and student issues. They pay well because they have to and if problems arise they are no help in fixing it
Pros
Convinient
Cons
Disorganization
Supportive environment
Health Care Aide Chair (Former Employee) –  Red Deer College16 November 2015
Department is managed by extremely competent and forward thinking individuals. Student success is always the priority with much support given to Instructors. It was a privilege to be part of the Nursing department.
Good work environment, very low pay.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer7 October 2015
Red Deer College is acceptable as a first job, but the pay is too low for an individual to support him or herself. The work environment is fine, and the work is not very strenuous.
Excellent fun place to work
Manager, Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Red Deer10 September 2015
The environment is fun, exciting and all about the students in providing a great place to come and learn. Staff works well together for a common goal
Rdc
Alberta Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer College21 April 2015
RDC is a excellent place to take my welding apprenticeship schooling, the instructors were helpful, on the ball and gave great advice and tips.
excellent place of growth.
Audio/Visual Assistant & Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 September 2014
This was a great place of growth both in work and play. I learned many skills at this work place.
Absoutly Amazing Place to Work
Donations Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2014
In this position I was responsible for many aspects of 3 different departments within the Community Relations department as well as the College Finance department. I was responsible for all Canada Revenue Agency requirements being met on all of our donations from all types of donors. I would draft donor agreements, receive donations in all forms (cash/bonds/stocks/gift-in-kind etc.) Receipting our donors was one of my major responsibilities. I also met with co-workers about our campaign and created financial reports.

The experience with co-workers was like being one big family, everyone worked as a team and were always open to new ideas.

I can't pin point just one part of my job as the most enjoyable because it was all so enjoyable. Very thankful to have worked with such an amazing organization.
A good work environment
Instructor in Geography (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2014
Looking back, it has been a fruitful and enjoyable experience teachinrg a range of first and second year geography courses, which also included Geomatics, GIS in particular.
The work environment in the Science Department and the morale among co-workers was excellent, despite having to manage with limited funding for programs overall.
I never really felt any pressure on the job, so when we mean hardest part, I can think only of the prep work needed for lectures and labs, and also, of course marking exams!

My work as an instructor was most enjoyable simply because I knew I was not only imparting knowledge on students but also helping them along in their learning endeavours, preparing them to meet the challenges of the outside world.
Great place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2013
Excellent place to gain experience from. A good job to learn about what post-secondary is like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Deer College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3