Red Deer College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Poor
Stage Hand (Properties Master) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 15, 2016
The school doesn't care about it's students at all and has a ridiculous amount of miscommunication in the business and student issues. They pay well because they have to and if problems arise they are no help in fixing it
Pros
Convinient
Cons
Disorganization
Supportive environment
Health Care Aide Chair (Former Employee) –  Red Deer CollegeNovember 16, 2015
Department is managed by extremely competent and forward thinking individuals. Student success is always the priority with much support given to Instructors. It was a privilege to be part of the Nursing department.
Good work environment, very low pay.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red DeerOctober 7, 2015
Red Deer College is acceptable as a first job, but the pay is too low for an individual to support him or herself. The work environment is fine, and the work is not very strenuous.
Excellent fun place to work
Manager, Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Red DeerSeptember 10, 2015
The environment is fun, exciting and all about the students in providing a great place to come and learn. Staff works well together for a common goal
Absoutly Amazing Place to Work
Donations Officer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2014
In this position I was responsible for many aspects of 3 different departments within the Community Relations department as well as the College Finance department. I was responsible for all Canada Revenue Agency requirements being met on all of our donations from all types of donors. I would draft donor agreements, receive donations in all forms (cash/bonds/stocks/gift-in-kind etc.) Receipting our donors was one of my major responsibilities. I also met with co-workers about our campaign and created financial reports.

The experience with co-workers was like being one big family, everyone worked as a team and were always open to new ideas.

I can't pin point just one part of my job as the most enjoyable because it was all so enjoyable. Very thankful to have worked with such an amazing organization.
A good work environment
Instructor in Geography (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Looking back, it has been a fruitful and enjoyable experience teachinrg a range of first and second year geography courses, which also included Geomatics, GIS in particular.
The work environment in the Science Department and the morale among co-workers was excellent, despite having to manage with limited funding for programs overall.
I never really felt any pressure on the job, so when we mean hardest part, I can think only of the prep work needed for lectures and labs, and also, of course marking exams!

My work as an instructor was most enjoyable simply because I knew I was not only imparting knowledge on students but also helping them along in their learning endeavours, preparing them to meet the challenges of the outside world.
RDC
Alberta Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer CollegeApril 21, 2015
RDC is a excellent place to take my welding apprenticeship schooling, the instructors were helpful, on the ball and gave great advice and tips.
excellent place of growth.
Audio/Visual Assistant & Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 30, 2014
This was a great place of growth both in work and play. I learned many skills at this work place.
Great place to work.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 19, 2013
Excellent place to gain experience from. A good job to learn about what post-secondary is like.

4.3