Red Deer College is a dynamic organization. If you are looking for a unique
opportunity to discover the benefits of working at RDC and you enjoy a work
environment where you can make a significant contribution as part of a
positive and energetic divisional support team, this may be the opening you're
Under the direction of the Dean, the Programs Administration Coordinator
position is responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative
functions to assist in the delivery of a wide variety of programs. In
consultation with the Chairpersons, faculty and staff, you contribute to the
efficient allocation of physical, financial and human resources within an
evolving post-secondary environment. The Programs Administration
Coordinator is responsible for project coordination, budget process
management, human resources management, strategic planning support,
coordination of clerical support services to the division, and facilities
management in the Division of Arts. A high degree of initiative, independence
of action and the ability to achieve results without explicit guidance is
Using effective communication, problem-solving and analytical skills the PAC
provides accurate information and data to education programs, administrative
leadership, and service departments for the purpose of informed decisionmaking.
The PAC is expected to utilize and expand her/his depth of knowledge
to improve processes and achieve efficiencies within the educational
administration cycles at Red Deer College. Within delegated authority, the
incumbent supervises support personnel and expends funds within their
signing authority. In keeping with College values, the PAC develops and
maintains positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external
to Red Deer College.
- 4-year undergraduate degree, or 3-year undergraduate degree plus
one full additional year of University in a related program, representing
4 years of study or equivalent in Business or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years related experience, including supervisory, financial
(budget) and project coordination experience.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Proven ability to:
- Work as an effective team member with all levels of the organization.
- Provide leadership to teams and projects.
- Use and interpret complex data to accurately advise and inform
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in solving problems.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience with developing, interpreting, and monitoring
- Experience in applying and interpreting collective agreements.
- Current knowledge and understanding of financial and human resource
policies, procedures and administrative information systems.
- Show high level of ability in building and maintaining positive work
- Exhibit high level of analytical skill and ability.
- Show expertise in creation and use of spreadsheets and evidence of
high level of skill in word processing.
Salary: $36.60/hr (currently under review) plus 15% in lieu of general holidays,
vacation and benefits
Position is Term Certain, Full Time with an end date of June 30, 2014
This position is to provide coverage for an extended leave of absence. Start
date will be as soon as successful applicant is available. First review of
applications will begin August 30, 2013.
Applications accepted via our website only: www.rdc.ab.ca/employment