Red Deer College is offering a new Occupational Therapist & Physiotherapist
Assistant program to prepare graduates for an exciting and challenging career
as an occupational therapist/physiotherapist assistant. This two-year program
will begin in September 2013.
During this two-year diploma program, students will learn how to provide
assistance to occupational therapists, physiotherapists and clients in a variety
of health care settings such as: hospitals, long-term care facilities, schools,
public and private clinics, mental health facilities, and home care programs.
Part-time instructor position(s) will be available with varying start/end times
starting in Fall 2013.
- Registered Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- Registered member of the Physiotherapy Alberta-College and
Association or Registered member of the Alberta College of
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary physiotherapist or
occupational therapist program. A Masters level degree in a related
field is preferred.
- Current CPR-Health Care Provider
- 3 to 5 years of recent practical Physiotherapist or Occupational
Therapist clinical experience
- Relevant teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team based
- Excellent demonstrated collaboration skills and a strong commitment to
quality patient care; recent work experience in various clinical settings
with adults and seniors would be considered an asset
- Your desire and enthusiasm to educate students with diverse
backgrounds and knowledge, along with your superb presentation,
interpersonal and team building skills make you an ideal candidate
- As a creative self-starter, you have been recognized for your high
energy and your commitment to excellence
- You are innovative, and committed to life-long learning and reflective
Position start date: March 1, 2013
Applications accepted through our website only at : www.rdc.ab.ca/employment