The Be Fit For Life Centre at RDC is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed
individual specializing in fitness and wellness programming to join our team. In
a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the Appraisal Services Coordinator is
responsible for coordinating physical literacy programs, delivering appraisals,
and coordinating sport, fitness and wellness programs. Reporting to the Be Fit
For Life Coordinator the successful candidate will be a Certified Exercise
Physiologist with experience and knowledge in Physical Literacy.
This position is currently 4 days per week with potential to grow to full-time.
Be Fit for Life - Red Deer is one of nine centres in Alberta which receives
annual operational and program funding from Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks
& Wildlife Foundation. This position will implement new Physical Literacy
strategies based on the Canadian Sport For Life model.
- Responsible for all coordination and delivery of fitness appraisal services to groups, clubs, students, workplaces and the general public.
- Includes testing for government agencies such as RCMP and Canadian Forces
- Prepare invoice requests, book appointments and provide financial updates.
- Ensure all appraisal equipment is maintained and calibrated based on requirements of the equipment.
- Provide exercise analysis, prescription and program design when required.
- Ensure appraisals are properly administered following protocols and set appropriate testing parameter, programs, goals and strategies based on client need and ability.
- Develop, create, coordinate courses and programs and provide information that promotes active living and wellness in Central Alberta.
- Design, deliver, customize community outreach activities, workshops, seminars and/or presentations for various clientele (businesses, schools, not for profit agencies, healthcare groups, on campus groups etc).
- Coordinate special events (ie. Go Girl), sport camps and Canadian Sport For Life programs.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans for programs and centre, communicate to Program Coordinator and work with Marketing & Communications to implement.
- Provide quality Custmer Service
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree, or three (3) year undergraduate degree plus one full additional year of University in a related programrepresenting four years of study or equivalent in a Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology or Physical Education.
- Certificates required: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Standard First Aid and CPR
- Minimum of 1 year experience
- Experience in fitness/ health promotion field and in an appraisal setting.
- Excellent understanding of equipment and their maintenance and calibration.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain quality of facility (safety, function, asthetics).
- Ability to lecture and speak in front of large groups.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Create a positive work environment and maintain a strong commitment to service.
- Ability to lead and train in Fundamental Movement Skills.
Salary: $31.33 + 15% in lieu of general holidays, vacation and benefits
Position Start Date: As soon as suitable candidate is available. Review of applicants will begin September 3, 2013
Position End Date: June 30, 2014 (Possibility of extention)
Hours: 28 hrs. per week, Monday - Thursday, 8:30 - 4:30 (hours and days are flexible and may expand into additional hours)
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED VIA OUR WEBSITE ONLY: www.rdc.ab.ca/employment
Red Deer College now offers its own unique applied degree in motion picture arts. This program offers two streams - production or acting....