RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS

RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive And Fun
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
A typical day working at B&B resturant would start off greeting all customers and assuring all are ok and seated well.
Worse Place I have every worked
PSW (Former Employee), niagaraNovember 12, 2014
Pros: closeness with clients
Cons: bullied by management
They are 'CARE PARTNERS' not 'RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS' they are a group of liers.
Management is a bunch of bullies.....changing the rules to suit their needs.
They file 'REFUSAL TO WORK' if your vehicle breaks down and you call in to inform the supervisor of your situation. Due to not having permission from your supervisor to have an LOA day....what – more... a joke!
Taking away clients whenever they want. Large gaps in time. Have to be available from 6am to 6pm in hopes to get a 5 hr day.
I could go on and on. – less
overall gained experience
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee), barrieOctober 21, 2014
It was difficult to manage the hours giving while raising a younger child. I learned how to be a team player and that the health and care of my residents and clients came first. Management was okay even though we ended up on a strike for better wages for the employees.
The hardest part of the job was having clients pass away but as you gain experience – more... you are able to handle thoses situations better. The best part of my job was the clients being properly taken care of and providing a good quality of life. – less
The nursing part of the job is great.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), oshawa, ONSeptember 24, 2014
A typical work day with this company. It always starts the night before you work at home. Starting at 8pm, look up the client`s names you will be seeing. Organize your day, with times of visits then call each client to let them know what time you will be there the next day.
Morning, wake up, get ready and drive to Whitby. Once at the first clients house – more... record your km. Drive to each client and provide nursing care. Once done I must wait in Whitby as more clients may be added to my list and I have to be available. If its Tuesday or Friday or a weekend I am then On call from 430pm until 830 am. This means I may have to see a bunch more clients. For example I had a client added to my list the other day, he was added at 4 pm but was to be seen at 9pm. This meant I had to work from 830 am until 430 pm then sit around and wait until 9pm then go see the client which took almost two hours for which I earned a total of 18$. Then I went home but can`t sleep because I was on call and get calls all night. On weekends I don`t get to sleep at all because I work 830 to 430 and am on call from 430 until 830 in am. Then I work the same over the next four days. Like I said the part where I am a nurse is nice. Oh I forgot to mention the two hours of paper work and phone calls you do at home for no pay after each work day, also we only get 5$ for being on call. Even when we answer calls all night we still get a total of 5$. – less
Fast paced work place
Client Services Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: the chance to work overtime
Cons: constant payroll issues
On a day to day basis, my main job was to schedule personal support workers to ensure that our clients needs were being met. The job came with some challenges the hardest one being the lack of personnel to handle the amount of clients we had. Sometimes, the geographic areas were cause for some problems; like for instance if the weather conditions were – more... in a bad state, it made it impossible for our workers to arrive at our clients home.

Although stressful, this job also had its rewards and made you feel like you were contributing to something good. I personally got the opportunity to speak with clients who were so appreciative of the help they got. Even though they were quite ill, they still found some reason everyday to smile and be thankful. It gave you a different outlook on life.

The hardest part of the job, was having to tell a client that they didn't qualify for a certain service. This part would leave me feeling sad and wishing I could do more to help. – less
productive
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 22, 2014
i learn alot about my clients and thier needs. Management is a excellent team and coworkers are a well maintained group of people
Homecare
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you get to meet one-on-one and actually get to know your clients really well.
Cons: milege
I love home care it is absolutely wonderful, to be able to assist with allowing a person to live a better quality of life in the comfort of their own homes.
Management is bullying and rude to PSWs. Do not work here!
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 26, 2014
Pros: job experience
Cons: no respect, no job security, lack of money for driving.
The schedulers and management treat workers like garbage. They are bullying and keep bothering you to work hours that are not in your schedule with large gaps between clients Or they work you straight without any breaks - no lunch most days or any breaks and do not give you traveling time between clients so you end up rushing so you can make it to your – more... next client and no time to eat or use the bathroom. They break employment laws.

They have a condescending attitude towards workers and treat you like you are children.

I am completely shocked by this agency. Other agencies are better and so many PSWs I've met quit Red Cross Care Partners to work for other agencies and gave up the benefits just to get the out. They have no respect for workers and they all have this smiling serpent like attitude. You'll find out.

The gas they pay you doesn't amount to much. You pay $400 a month in gas and they reimburse you $160 a month. You are working for 8 hours and get paid for 5 because of the driving around. What is worse is they try to get you to work days and then come back for one or two hours at night!

They schedulers and management have no conscience about booking you without any breaks or and give you no driving time even though they have breaks. These people are inhumane and uncivilized. – less
waste of gov't funding and workers time.
PSW (Former Employee), muskoka.May 16, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
Absolutely horrific. What an abuse of the system. 80% of the clients do not need help. Like a lot of these government assisted FREE services, its abused by clients. Essentialy you're a cleaning lady and demoralized by management. Hey, your tax dollars are paying for it.
EXCELLENT IN HOME CARE SERVICES
FLEXIBILITY
PAID DRIVING
Awful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Timmins, OntarioApril 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: was abused
I would never want to work for them again. They don't care about clients or their staff, just their profits
Poor Management, Negative work environment
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee), sudbury, ontarioApril 4, 2014
Poor Management, No chance for wage increase, Negative work environment
Not a rewarding place to be at
RPN (Current Employee), OshawaMarch 22, 2014
Pros: managing your own time, work with patients in their home
Cons: managers jerking you around as they please, make up rules on the go.
Used to be a great place to be. Management has no appreciation for employees, no consideration. More $$$ oriented than patient oriented or employee appreciation. Would suck the blood out from you for nothing in return.
Rules made up on the go, no set guidelines for employees issues/ concerns.
No support, no consideration for work/ life balance.
Rewarding
Extensive Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Oxford CountyFebruary 17, 2014
Job very rewarding and good to learn how to speak to families regarding death of family member. Night shift only.
worse home care company
csw /administration(mod duties) (Current Employee), BarrieFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: our clients
Cons: management, staff, pay
If you enjoy not having a balanced life this job is for you. If you like to work in an environment that changes daily with company policies as there reg managers sees fit this job is for you. If you enjoy not having the same person answer your scheduling calls this job is for you. They have a high turn over for a reason in every department. Check your – more... pay stubs too pay is never right.

enjoy being bullied at work and fyi they have modified workers rate them on this site to up there average trust me I might have been one. – less
Excellent and rewarding Nursing experience
Nurse (Current Employee), OntarioJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: 24hr support and excellent resources
I serviced clients in their home worked independently and felt very much appreciated by the clients. It's hard work but very rewarding. This job is demanding but also very flexible I enjoyed being out in the fresh air rather than being cooped up in an institution for 8-12hrs. This job has it's challenges as any other. There is 24hr support, excellent – more... resources and great opportunities to use and enhance all nursing skills now as a manager I am hopefully going to pass on my passion for community nursing to the next generation of community nurses. – less
I enjoy working with the elderly... i learn lots from them
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), St. Catherines ontarioJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: easy to gain employment
Cons: to maintain an 8 hr day i work from 8 am to 9pm
I enjoy the job. I just feel that it is time to move on. I am feeling under appreciated and disrespected by how we are treated.
its preferred choice
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 9, 2013
Cons: mileage/ wear and tear on vehicle
good job if you like working on your own and a self starter, community work going from client to client,
Worst communication and management
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 27, 2013
Hired one month. Made promises. Finally started working 2.5 months later. Once again. Promise of hours made. Not followed through. Poor communication. Poor attitude of admin staff and management yet surprised I quit! Unless u r desperate do not work for this company
Terrible Working Conditions, and Terrible Management!
PSW (Current Employee), OntarioNovember 14, 2013
Pros: love the clients i visit daily, makes me feel good knowing i am helping someone in need!
Cons: terrbile workiing condidtions!
Terrible Everything! Must be available for 10 to 12 hours daily to get paid for 6 to 8 hours. In rural areas you are made to drive extended periods to visit clients, with poor compensation for mileage. Extremely poor support from management, can never contact them on the phone, must continuosly leave messages, and they will answer you by leaving you – more... a message, so there is no confrontation. Schedules are changed hourly, and they lie to their clients, or won't even phone them to let them know that the Care Giver is going to be coming at a different scheduled time then they were told. Always hiring new PSW's, because they can't keep anyone due to working conditions, and extremely low pay! They bully employee's! Intimidate employee's! Constant grievances by employee's! Expect employee's to follow "Protocol" when managemnet doesn't! If you need a job so bad, that you need to "Sell Your Soul To The Devil", then go and apply at Red Cross Care Partners, living in poverty would be better! – less

About RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS

Bringing together the Canadian Red Cross’s tradition of compassion, experience and quality personal support services with – Read more