RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS

RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A typical day at work.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Aylmer, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is never the same. We are always out visiting different clients in their home. and you never know what you are going to walk in to. Most of the time the clients you see regularly are very excited and pleased to see you.
The toughest thing about this job is that you are out on your own. which for some, myself included this is a bonus. you don't have a supervisor always looking over your shoulder. However there isn't always someone around to bounce idea's off of.
This job was almost exactly what i went to school for. I would pretty much do what a PSW is required to do. i would clean, cook, assist, bathe clients
PSW Worker (Former Employee), Erin mills & Sheridan mallApril 21, 2015
Pros: The pay was good and i was able to work well with management
Cons: Acquiring a leave of absence was always an issue, and i had to run around to always figure that out
This would also be along the same lines of spectrum. i would drive to the clients homes and take care of them. i would assist in lifting and moving clients to different rooms. Help clean and tidy up living area along with kitchen & bathroom. I would also help prep meals, and take care of specialty clients.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
RPN (Current Employee), SimcoeApril 14, 2015
Pros: Learned a few new skills.
Cons: Too much on call.
If you like working 3 days and nights with no breaks and no overtime pay then this is the place for you. Little to no management support. High turnover rate. Feel like I got the old bait and switch routine. Only support came from your fellow nurses. Just sad, don't do it. Way too stressful, you will regret it.
Clients
Community Support Worker (Current Employee), north bayMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Works around family life
Cons: All the travelling and ware and tear on your own vechile, Very unorganized, Huge staff turn over.
Best part is working with and helping variety of clients. huge staff turn over. Company is very unorganized. Its more house cleaning than anything, we didn't go to school to learn how to clean house
Very fast paced, manages multiple tasks at once, ability to prioritize.
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 7, 2015
Provides patient and Community Service Worker (CSW) service delivery on a daily basis
-Receives & processes routine referral/intake information from Funders and private-pay clients
-Develops and maintains client and CSW service schedule
-Informs CSW’s of assignments and changes to their schedules.
-Enters all relevant client and CSW information into the automated information system including live data, recorded information, service hour changes and adjustments to hours worked for billing and payroll purposes
-Inputs and adjusts schedule to reflect correct number of Sick days, leave of absences, Medical leaves, Bereavement, Vacations and mandated days off for HR billing
-Produces schedules and reports on regular basis, and on request of the Supervisor.
-Communicates/reports as required regarding client and CSW status.
I enjoy working in the health care field and I find this company is the best I have ever worked for.
PSW (Current Employee), SarniaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not really any
Hours are great, all co-workers are very positive and professional this is the best job I have ever had.
My manager is absolutely wonderful , the company is fair and very understanding , but i also work hard for them !!
Awful
Psw (Former Employee), GuelfJanuary 31, 2015
. They demand seven day a week availability for part time work. They are doing you a huge favour by letting you work FOR them.
Productive And Fun
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 4, 2014
A typical day working at B&B resturant would start off greeting all customers and assuring all are ok and seated well.
Worse Place I have every worked
PSW (Former Employee), niagaraNovember 12, 2014
Pros: closeness with clients
Cons: bullied by management
They are 'CARE PARTNERS' not 'RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS' they are a group of liers.
Management is a bunch of bullies.....changing the rules to suit their needs.
They file 'REFUSAL TO WORK' if your vehicle breaks down and you call in to inform the supervisor of your situation. Due to not having permission from your supervisor to have an LOA day....what a joke!
Taking away clients whenever they want. Large gaps in time. Have to be available from 6am to 6pm in hopes to get a 5 hr day.
I could go on and on.
overall gained experience
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee), barrieOctober 21, 2014
It was difficult to manage the hours giving while raising a younger child. I learned how to be a team player and that the health and care of my residents and clients came first. Management was okay even though we ended up on a strike for better wages for the employees.
The hardest part of the job was having clients pass away but as you gain experience you are able to handle thoses situations better. The best part of my job was the clients being properly taken care of and providing a good quality of life.
The nursing part of the job is great.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), oshawa, ONSeptember 24, 2014
A typical work day with this company. It always starts the night before you work at home. Starting at 8pm, look up the client`s names you will be seeing. Organize your day, with times of visits then call each client to let them know what time you will be there the next day.
Morning, wake up, get ready and drive to Whitby. Once at the first clients house record your km. Drive to each client and provide nursing care. Once done I must wait in Whitby as more clients may be added to my list and I have to be available. If its Tuesday or Friday or a weekend I am then On call from 430pm until 830 am. This means I may have to see a bunch more clients. For example I had a client added to my list the other day, he was added at 4 pm but was to be seen at 9pm. This meant I had to work from 830 am until 430 pm then sit around and wait until 9pm then go see the client which took almost two hours for which I earned a total of 18$. Then I went home but can`t sleep because I was on call and get calls all night. On weekends I don`t get to sleep at all because I work 830 to 430 and am on call from 430 until 830 in am. Then I work the same over the next four days. Like I said the part where I am a nurse is nice. Oh I forgot to mention the two hours of paper work and phone calls you do at home for no pay after each work day, also we only get 5$ for being on call. Even when we answer calls all night we still get a total of 5$.
Fast paced work place
Client Services Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: the chance to work overtime
Cons: constant payroll issues
On a day to day basis, my main job was to schedule personal support workers to ensure that our clients needs were being met. The job came with some challenges the hardest one being the lack of personnel to handle the amount of clients we had. Sometimes, the geographic areas were cause for some problems; like for instance if the weather conditions were in a bad state, it made it impossible for our workers to arrive at our clients home.

Although stressful, this job also had its rewards and made you feel like you were contributing to something good. I personally got the opportunity to speak with clients who were so appreciative of the help they got. Even though they were quite ill, they still found some reason everyday to smile and be thankful. It gave you a different outlook on life.

The hardest part of the job, was having to tell a client that they didn't qualify for a certain service. This part would leave me feeling sad and wishing I could do more to help.
productive
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 22, 2014
i learn alot about my clients and thier needs. Management is a excellent team and coworkers are a well maintained group of people
Management is bullying and rude to PSWs. Do not work here!
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 26, 2014
Pros: job experience
Cons: no respect, no job security, lack of money for driving.
The schedulers and management treat workers like garbage. They are bullying and keep bothering you to work hours that are not in your schedule with large gaps between clients Or they work you straight without any breaks - no lunch most days or any breaks and do not give you traveling time between clients so you end up rushing so you can make it to your next client and no time to eat or use the bathroom. They break employment laws.

They have a condescending attitude towards workers and treat you like you are children.

I am completely shocked by this agency. Other agencies are better and so many PSWs I've met quit Red Cross Care Partners to work for other agencies and gave up the benefits just to get the out. They have no respect for workers and they all have this smiling serpent like attitude. You'll find out.

The gas they pay you doesn't amount to much. You pay $400 a month in gas and they reimburse you $160 a month. You are working for 8 hours and get paid for 5 because of the driving around. What is worse is they try to get you to work days and then come back for one or two hours at night!

They schedulers and management have no conscience about booking you without any breaks or and give you no driving time even though they have breaks. These people are inhumane and uncivilized.
Rewarding but tiring job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: interacting with and helping people
Cons: long hours and physical demands
A typical day would include an early start at between 6:00 AM and 7:00AM at the home of my first client of the day. I would have to provide my own transportation at my own cost. The first client could vary from day to day and therefore the distance traveled and time would also vary. Most clients are entitled to a visit anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour (typically). During the visit (depending on the time allowed and what duties are approved) I would assist the client with personal hygiene, meal preparation, safe ambulation, dressing, confirmation that medication had been taken, light housekeeping. I would then travel to the next client and perform similar duties as required for typically an 8 hour day which also includes evenings and weekends (every second). This job requires good work ethic and the ability to work without direct supervision as well as the ability to manage your own time effectively. The best part of the job is meeting and interacting with a variety of people and knowing that what I do helps them. The hardest part of the job for me is now the physicality aspect and the long hours which leaves me little time or energy for a personal life.
waste of gov't funding and workers time.
PSW (Former Employee), muskoka.May 16, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
Absolutely horrific. What an abuse of the system. 80% of the clients do not need help. Like a lot of these government assisted FREE services, its abused by clients. Essentialy you're a cleaning lady and demoralized by management. Hey, your tax dollars are paying for it.
EXCELLENT IN HOME CARE SERVICES
FLEXIBILITY
PAID DRIVING
Awful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Timmins, OntarioApril 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: was abused
I would never want to work for them again. They don't care about clients or their staff, just their profits
Poor Management, Negative work environment
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee), sudbury, ontarioApril 4, 2014
Poor Management, No chance for wage increase, Negative work environment
Not a rewarding place to be at
RPN (Current Employee), OshawaMarch 22, 2014
Pros: managing your own time, work with patients in their home
Cons: managers jerking you around as they please, make up rules on the go.
Used to be a great place to be. Management has no appreciation for employees, no consideration. More $$$ oriented than patient oriented or employee appreciation. Would suck the blood out from you for nothing in return.
Rules made up on the go, no set guidelines for employees issues/ concerns.
No support, no consideration for work/ life balance.

About RED CROSS CARE PARTNERS

Bringing together the Canadian Red Cross’s tradition of compassion, experience and quality personal support services with – Read more