Red Cross Care Partners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers for community work in our Personal Support and Homemaking program. We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living. This position requires someone to perform special functions under the Supervision of a RN or RPN.
- Provides personal care to the client
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a community setting
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends
- Access to transportation/vehicle
- PSW certificate
Total Compensation and Benefits:
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Benefits package
Thank you to all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Red Cross Care Partners, inspired and supported by the Canadian Red Cross, works in partnership with the client and others to offer...