Red Cross Care Partners offers a competitive compensation program, including tuition assistance, a variety of on-site-in service training, along with a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for professional growth! Come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career goals!
We are currently looking for someone to join our administration team in the role of Intake Administrator. This position may involve a shift rotation of afternoons, evenings, and weekends including holidays. The position would require flexibly as schedules may change. Belonging to a team of individuals who are accountable for the referral intake for the organization, you will be responsible for managing referrals, holds, orders and frequency changes. Act as the communication liaison between members of the multi-disciplinary team, as well as other health care professionals and personnel outside the unit. This is a part-time position.
- Monitor referral system (HPG), process offers and referrals, frequency changes, medical referrals
- Evaluate capacity and accept/decline referrals accordingly.
- Communication with Community Care Access Centre’s (CCAC), local offices and nursing teams
- May assist with creating a schedule for front line workers;
- Assesses availability and appropriateness of front line workers for routine assignment referring to service agreements and contracts, policies and procedures and the collective agreement (if applicable). Assigns clients based on predetermined policy procedure and protocol
- Reports any escalated topics to immediate Supervisor/Manager or local branch Supervisor, as appropriate.
- Enters all relevant information into the client management system
- Verifies integrity of data and makes corrections as necessary
- Records all communications and consequent actions in appropriate fields/locations.
- Responds to funder reporting requirements as required.
- Communicates regularly with front line employees, funders and various departments (i.e. Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology)
- Provides reports to appropriate professionals regarding client status.
- Collaborates with Accounting to ensure accurate and timely billing and payroll functions.
- Provides support and general direction to front line workers, as appropriate.
- Receives concerns from front line workers with regards to scheduling practices and re-directs to appropriate professional.
- Documents all communications and subsequent actions in appropriate field/location within the database.
- Processes faxes, photocopying and electronic mail.
- Labels all incoming fax with standard naming convention and actions appropriately
- Provides clients, who contact the organization, with accurate information and/or timely assistance to support a positive outcome.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Ability to promote collaboration among colleagues within a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to shift priorities and adapts work tasks to reflect changes, as required.
- Ability to model successful coping in stressful situations
- Non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends are required.
- Preference to a college diploma in business or a medical related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and interruptions
- Experience in an office environment and administration procedures
- Minimum qualifications for this position are one to two years of post secondary education and done to three years of job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office
How to Apply: Please forward your resume, quoting the “Intake - Waterloo” in the subject line.
Thank you to all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.