Red Bull

Red Bull Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 29, 2014
Pros: amazing events
Cons: tight budget
It was a fast paced work place, lots of cool perks. Be prepared to walk into a boys club, get along or go along.
Red Bull Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 28, 2014
• Drove the product supply truck, maintained stock for existing vendors, looked for opportunities to expand and promote the product to new vendors, set up displays, and handled customer payments. Involved negotiating new deals and responding to concerns to build customer relationships and reach sales targets. Presented oneself, role and organization – more... in a professional and respectful manner. – less
It was satisfactory
Laborer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2014
It was satisfactory.
Aside from the occasional bird that flew into the warehouse.
If you work here be prepared for lies by upper management
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, long hours, little pay, no life outside of work
I've been working here for over 2 1/2 years now and have seen this place go from being the greatest job to being the absolute worse I've ever had and it's all because of management. Typical day here is being to work by 5am, and don't be late cause you can be written up if you are. Then count our trucks that are almost always wrong and then have a group – more... meeting to discuss weekly news. After that we go into the field and are supposed to get 20 stops done per day which is almost near impossible to do and still give each one the proper service they need. Then around 3 or 330 you head back in and then by about 4 you should be on your way home. All of this doesn't sound all that bad until you get into it and you see how bad management is.

There's only one DM here that actually knows what he's doing, we have one DM that has no beverage experience at all (obviously knows how to interview), one open DM spot that should be filled and then our branch manager is best friends with his boss. What's bad about that is, he's never done our job, he thinks he has but covering a week or a few days doesn't mean he knows what we go thru on a daily basis for months at a time, day in day out.....but he'll swear he's the best. Little man's complex I think cause he's really short.

Redbull just came out with this new focus on wanting to promote within, which would be great...but it's a lie. There's been DM position open for 3 month's and you mean to tell me that nobody at Redbull is qualified to get promoted? We're always told we're the best there is, but nobody is good enough for that job and they hire outside the company? The last DM they hired from the outside has no idea what he's doing and can barely talk in front of us without sounding like a fool. You are definitely not treated with any respect here, you're talked about behind your back to other reps by management and you have no job security. The turn over rate here is amazing to me and it seems as if lower performing reps are treated better then the higher performing reps for some reason. Your monthly numbers are not fair and if you're a high performing rep, your numbers are higher cause the branch manager can't trust lower guys. Maybe fire those guys for poor performance and hire real salesman and not glorified order takes.

Bottom line is that if you're a single person that just wants to work and have no life then this is the job for you. It's definitely not a good job if you have a family (luckily I don't yet) but if you're planning on a family, think about how this job would be a struggle.

I don't feel my job is secure at all and I perform at an above average level. I've seen really good reps be fired and really good managers be fired for very strange reasons. The branch manager doesn't like us all being friends and doesn't believe that there should be any personal interaction with each other. If you don't see things the way that the branch manager does then you'll have a target on your back but if you brown nose and agree with him all the time then you'll be fine. Don't plan on getting promoted any time soon and you will go no where with the company. All managers are hand picked to make sure that the branch manager can use them to his advantage and are "yes" men. So if you have no opinion, want to work 13 hrs a day, be lied to, have no friends at work and always have the negative brought up to you instead of the positive then this is the job for you. – less
It's like family
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free red bull
Cons: long hours
the hardest part of my job was going back to the office cause I wanted to stay out and sell sell sell

management is great if you needed any thing they were right there for you

what can I say an very lively group love to have fun

what I love about my job is the challenge of the sale nothing is ever guaranteed
good enviorment
Venue Designer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks outside all the time
set up and break down events. warehouse duties including inventory,data processing,house keeping duties as well.
Fun and creative student job
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), South of ParisOctober 2, 2014
- Typical day: create network, meet students and opinion leaders on their campus to develop the brand image, bring cans to events, report tasks done.
- Learned to organize myself better in order to be able to succeed at school and in my missions for Red Bull.
- Awesome management that gives you what you need to succeed. You are independent and handle – more... your program as you want and the managers help you when you need.
- Strong idea of what co-workers do thanks to the reporting done on the private website of the company. It allows you to share your ideas and see what the others set on other campus.
- The hard part was to be able to handle school projects in the same time because you get super involved in the job really fast.
- The most enjoyable part was the independence I had, the means Red Bull gave me and meeting new people every day. – less
Great
Merchandiser (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT RED MAKING SHORE STORES HAVE THE RED BULL PRODUCT
A Typical Day At Work At Red Bull
Sales (Former Employee), South EastSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: after leaving the company, i was able to restore my family life and achieve balance
Cons: after working 65 hours a week, it takes saturday and sunday to rest up for monday.
1. Wake up at 3 AM.
2. Get to work by 4 AM.
3. Plead, scream and complain to a group of zombies who's just as tired as you are with no response.
4. Get chewed out by your caring boss.
5. Visiting stores now, to handle complaint issues. Complaints handled.
6. Dozing off now while driving. Opps, all about safety.
7. Refer to steps 3 - 6 to finish your – more... day.
8. Home at 7 PM.
9. Fall a sleep in chair.
9. Shower and eat dinner.
10. Go to bed and repeat the entire process 4 more times, because it's only Monday. – less
Hit the Ground Running
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2014
Came in with an Idea of what is it to be a salesmen and now I am confident with not only selling and up selling products and services but account management as well.
Great workplace
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee), Tempe azJuly 30, 2014
Wish there were more challenges and opportunity for advancement
If you want to LIVE AT WORK you found the RIGHT PLACE, With little
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: none that i could find
Cons: very long hours, little pay, poor go to market plan, no work life balance
I have been the DSD business for 18 years, this was the worst place I have ever worked. The hours are crazy long easy 65 plus that's 1 reason I left the company. There is no real work life balance starting at 4:45 am and finishing your day leaving the warehouse after 6:00 pm note the other reason I left the company. The communication from above in my – more... option is lacking, they know the hours employees are working yet do nothing to correct the problem. Your employees need to be a company's #1 priority across the board from safety, account load, work life balance, I do not feel this was a top priority at Red Bull. The reps are paid penny's for the work load they have. The average rep was making around $42,000 a year if they hit all there objectives, key word is IF they hit all there objectives.

They do send the top reps to nice Red Bull events but again you need to be the cream of the crop and that's how it should be. The product is second to none in the market and does sell very well for being so high priced. A normal day is 18-24 plus accounts give or take on the day. I made the wrong decision going to Red Bull, not saying its like this across the country but I would not make the same decision again knowing what I know now.

I made the choice to go to red bull well because its Red bull, thinking it would be a cool place to work _ GOD I WAS WRONG. What I can tell you in closing is this, if you want to work long hours for penny's apply. The positive is you will have job security as they already have turnover. FYI I now drink nothing but MONSTER. – less
Productive and funplace
Student Brand Manager (Former Employee), Paris, A8July 4, 2014
Recruiting new customers on campus thanks to partnership for events, and setting of new sales point.
Fantastic employer!
Senior Cell Brand Manager (Former Employee), RussiaJune 5, 2014
Pros: amazing projects
Cons: sometimes it is disorganized
Working for Red Bull means adopting the corporate lifestyle, which is awesome!
Vibrant, energize & fun fast moving consumer enviroment
Head of Finance (Current Employee), Singapore/MalaysiaJune 2, 2014
Pros: free red bull drink
Cons: high targets but achievable
Responsible for the overall finance and IT functions and play a key role in ensuring the Groups’ objectives are met. Working closely with the senior management in providing sound financial advice, and hold a strategic role in driving and evaluating potential growth opportunities for the Group.
Fun Work Place
Assistant Brand Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), TempeJune 1, 2014
Great place to work, advancement and pay make things difficult.
Productive and fun work place
sampler (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, working with a great bunch of people being part of the red bull experience
Cons: working late nights
We would have a weekly meeting, at this meeting our shifts for thsi week were given to us. the shifts were based on, find people at work, at university, playing sport, people driving, anywhere where energy is needed. Then as a sampler you would approach people educated them on the product and offer them a complimentary Red Bull.
During the time at Red – more... Bull, I learnt good peoples skills as I met new people daily. I learnt interactive skills and how to productively work in a team.

The challenging part, was working in a team as sometimes team memebers dont always pull their weight. The shifts were sometimes challengingb as wew were required to work at night and sometimes, thois was a fearful experience as neing a woman on the road at night is dangerous.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new people constantly, being part of the Red Bull family and the huge Red Bull events.

Over all, it was a pleasure working for the company – less
Super Dynamic challenging workplace
wings team member (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, team building activities
Cons: working at environment where all colleagues are school girls
Job title: wings team member
Working in this position introduced me to important business concepts, and shaped up my personal, interpersonal and professional understanding:

• Understanding the corporate culture and behavior
• Analytical skills by understanding the requirements, the targets to be achieved and the execution plan
• Time management and – more... meeting deadlines
• Developing effective communication and professional interaction skills to fulfill the position – less
Life changing
Event Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee), LondonMay 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, gym, and great atmosphere
Cons: small teams
My day will start with breakfast and coffee in the kitchen with the rest of the team.
Go through my emails and probably have a chat with one of my 3rd party providers
Usually have a minimum of 2 meetings a day, I try not to schedule too many as work still needs to be done. Red Bull is a very meeting friendly place, even the more serious meetings are – more... relaxed. meeting vary, either they will be WIP or you will come away with action plans to carry out between that and the next meeting – less
Super Great Job
Wings Team Member (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
I love working for this company! My coworkers and boss are the best. I love the fact that it helps me network and meet new people.

1 2 3 4

About Red Bull

You don't have to twirl a red cape in front of this bull to get a charge out of it. Red Bull markets its eponymous energy drink – Read more