Red Brick Media is a growing and dynamic Victoria startup. We need to add to our incredible team! Are you tired of maintaining lame websites and fixing other people's stuff. Look no further...
We are looking for a Web Developer that excels at front end web development. If you get excited about designing and building high performance, large-scale, dynamic database driven Internet Applications and you love being part of innovative projects that are more product focused. . . then we want to meet you!
As the successful applicant you embrace complex software development challenges and opportunities, while making it your mission to release high quality Internet Application/ System Software. Ideally you have experience building software that is highly resilient and optimally performing on large distributed networks. The idea of working in a start up with a bunch talented and motivated people excites you. Must be a team player and have a sense of humour.
Must bring to the table:
- Advanced understanding and experience in Implementation of websites using CMS in a PHP web framework
- Web application development using Symphony 2.1, driven through PostreSQL and MySQL databases
- Comfortable with version control specifically Git(Hub)
- Comfortable working in a Unix-like environment (you know your way around a terminal)
- Able to create clean and maintainable code from mock ups
- Thoughtful about our end-user experience
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with common design patterns
- JIRA and Confluence
- Doctrine 2
- JSON based API experience
- Github/Bit bucket accounts with active repositories, or
- Samples of demonstrating clean, well commented, well executed code
It would be awesome if you would have a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, but ultimately you need to have equivalent experience and advanced understanding in implementing websites with PHP 5.3.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, not to mention a flexible, exciting, and dynamic place to work.
Please send in a cover letter and resume with name and position in the subject line by November 15th. Please stand out by listing relevant experience from our "Must Bring to the Table list" as well as any other valuable experience in your cover letter.
We appreciate your interest in Red Brick Media. We will only be responding to potential successful applicants. No Freelancers please.