Red Brick Media is a growing and dynamic Victoria startup. We need to add to our incredible team! Are you tired of maintaining old fragile code bases and working on projects that are headed for the bone yard? Look no further…
We are looking for a Back-end Developer that excels at serious back-end web development. If you get excited about designing and building high performance, large-scale, dynamic database driven Internet applications and you love being part of innovative projects that are more product focused… then we want to meet you.
As the successful applicant you embrace complex development challenges and opportunities, while making it your mission to release high quality software. Ideally you have experience building software that is highly available and optimally performing on large distributed networks. The idea of working in a start up with a bunch talented and motivated people excites you. Must be a team player and have a sense of humour. ;)
Must bring to the table:
- A solid understanding and experience in developing web applications using PHP
- Experience using MVC frameworks for PHP, such as Silex and/or Symfony2
- Experience writing SQL and using a relational database such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience using high-volume message queues such as RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ
- High volume analytics experience
- Comfortable with version control, specifically GitHub
- Comfortable working in a Unix-like environment (you know your way around a terminal)
- Able to create clean and maintainable code from mock ups
- Thoughtful about our end-user experience
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with common design patterns
Major bonus for:
- Knowledge of database administration and development, such as stored procedures, triggers, replication techniques, and an understanding of different index types
- JIRA and Confluence (and other Atlassian products)
- Silex or Symfony2
- Doctrine 2 or SweetPDO
- Building APIs using JSON or XML
- Github/BitBucket accounts with active repositories, or
- Samples of demonstrating clean, well commented, well executed code
Education / Experience:
It would be awesome if you would have a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, but ultimately you need to have equivalent experience and advanced understanding in implementing websites with PHP 5.4.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, not to mention a flexible, exciting, and dynamic place to work.
Please send in a cover letter and resume with name and position in the subject line by December 9th. Please stand out by listing relevant experience from our Must Bring to the Table list as well as any other valuable experience in your cover letter.
We appreciate your interest in Red Brick Media. We will only be responding to potential successful applicants. No freelancers please.