Our software developers are working on some really sweet stuff. The software developer roles at Red Brick Media are very different compared to similar positions at other companies. Here you will be one of a team of two. You will be tasked with heading up new product development on some crazy (but we think are cool) ideas. Our product strategy is to build minimum viable products in order to test market opportunities and see if additional investment is warranted. As such, the selected candidate will be a self starting individual that is entrepreneurial in nature. You love to act on an idea and bring it to fruition with minimal oversight. You thrive on juggling a couple of new projects at a time and getting it done! Be ready to come in excited to see your work come to life in an environment where innovation and creation is celebrated.
Must bring to the table:
- Advanced understanding and experience in implementing MS Windows desktop applications using .NET C# or C++ with Visual Studio.
- Comfortable with version control specifically Git(Hub)
- Comfortable working in a Unix-like environment (you know your way around a terminal)
- Able to create clean and maintainable code and UI from mock ups.
- Thoughtful about our end-user experience.
- A keen eye for creative as well as intuitively knowing what good design looks like.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with common design patterns.
If you have these we consider it a major bonus:
- JIRA and Confluence
- .NET C# or C++
- Visual Studio
- JSON based APIs
- Github/Bit bucket accounts with active repositories
- Samples of demonstrating clean, well commented, and well executed code
It would be awesome if you have a B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, but ultimately you need to have equivalent experience and advanced understanding in implementing MS Windows applications and web server back ends. We would love to hear from you!
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, not to mention a flexible, exciting, and dynamic place to work.
Please send a cover letter and resume with name and position in the subject line to us by November 15th. If you want to stand out to us, list relevant experience from our "Must Bring to the Table list" as well as any other valuable experience in your cover letter.
We appreciate your interest in Red Brick Media however we will only be responding to potential successful applicants. No Freelancers please.
Red Brick Media is a software development firm specializing in Windows consumer applications. Owned and operated by Victoria locals and UVIC...