Provincial Physician Consultant - Addictions Services
- Health PEI is seeking a family physician with extra training or an interest in Addiction Services to fill a .4 FTE position as a Provincial Physician Consultant/Addiction Services. The physician shall work from the Provincial Addiction Treatment Facility on a part-time basis and be responsible for providing clinical services to clients in addiction services in the province, support to addiction staff and education to clients and staff. The physician will also provide a leadership role in establishing provincial protocols and standards. Extra training in addiction medicine may be provided to the incumbent.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Based on a .4 hours per week
- Physicians have the option of choosing salary or contract-for-service payment modality. For additional information regarding payment modalities, contact the Physician Recruitment Coordinator.
- $12,000 return-in-service grant for three years of committed practice.
- Moving allowance - minimum of $4,000 and maximum of $8,000 attached to a three year return-in-service commitment.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie Medical School.
- An electronic hospital patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports form office.
- Other incentives as outlined in the Master Agreement between the Government of Prince Edward Island and the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
The City of Charlottetown has a population of 40,000 and is the capital city of the province. Charlottetown is called the “Birthplace of Confederation.”
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part 1 and MCCQE Part ii as well as at least 1-2 years of clinical experience working in Canada. CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- International Medical Graduates who have an interest should contact the Physician Recruitment Coordinator to discuss licensure requirements.
For more information or to submit a C.V., please contact:
Sheila MacLean, RPR
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
(902) 620-3875 (fax)