VP of Finance
Company and Position Description
Are you designated accounting professional with top-notch strategic planning and negotiation skills, looking to step into a great new position? If so, look no further – Recruitment Partners has a great opportunity for you!
Our client, a rapidly growing industrial manufacturing company located in Edmonton, is searching for a Vice President of Finance to join their growing team. In this role, you will utilize your leadership skills to plan and direct financial and operational functions within the company. This position requires an individual that has a very team-oriented focus.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage relationships with financial institutions;
- Manage the capital request and budgeting and forecasting process;
- Recommending improvements to ensure the integrity of a company’s financial information;
- Managing or overseeing the relationship with external auditors;
- Presentation of the organization’s actual performance versus budgets and company objectives to senior management;
- Recommending growth strategies, as well as identifying areas for improvement;
- Work closely with other department heads to prepare and identify critical business opportunities;
- Overseeing compliance, reporting and tax strategies;
- Hiring, training and retaining finance staff.
Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will have a professional designation CA/CMA/CGA, coupled with excellent accounting, analytical and problem solving skills. We are looking for a dynamic individual that can become the face of this organization by utilizing their ability to build strong relationships and influence their team.
Other desirable attributes include:
10+ years of progressive accounting experience;
Exceptional computer skills (MS Office, accounting software and HR information systems);
Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization;
Well-developed leadership, judgment, time management, organizational, and team-building skills;
Able to quickly adapt to constant change while managing priorities and resolving conflicts.
If you are interested in this role, working with a team of professionals, please respond directly to candice.rookes(at)rpinc.ca. Please view our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. The result is finding a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us- “Your Search Partner” today- to learn more.