Company and Position Description
Are you a designated accounting professional or nearing completion of your designation? If so, Recruitment Partners wants to hear from you! Our client, one of Edmonton’s leading organizations in the construction industry, is searching for a Senior Accountant to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of a variety of financial information.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Daily accounting functions, reconciliations, journal entries, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting;
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements and operational reports;
- Identification of best practices, recommendation and implementation of internal controls, both financially and operationally;
- Ensure consistency of policies and procedures within the organization;
- General accounting processes and other ad hoc projects as required.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the ideal candidate will be a team player who is dedicated to driving change and continuous improvement within a fast-paced environment.
Other desirable attributes will include:
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience;
- Post-secondary degree in accounting/finance;
- Professional accounting designation, or near completion (CMA, CGA or CA) will be essential;
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, Primavera and/or ERP software is definite asset;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proven ability to perform under tight timelines and manage change in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel.
If you are interested in this Senior Accountant position and meet the qualifications, please send your resume directly through this ad to the attention of Candice Rookes. Please visit our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities today!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. The result is finding a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us- “Your Search Partner” today- to learn more.