Company and Position Description
Another amazing opportunity through Recruitment Partners! If you are eager to apply your expertise in IT project management, then this could be the role for you… Our client is a fast paced, publicly traded company that offers endless opportunities for those wanting a career within a dynamic and cutting edge organization. Due to their consistent growth, they are searching for a Project Manager to manage all aspects of planning, executing, completion and measurement of IT related projects.
Specifically, the main responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Collaborate with senior management to define the scope of each project;
- Create a detailed work plan to identify the sequence of activities, as well as the resources, required to complete each project;
- Hands-on execution during the project implementation lifecycle: Requirements Definition, Design/Configure, Test, Document, Implement, and Post-Implementation Support;
- Enforce key controls within the Change Management Control and Systems Development Life Cycle processes.
- Review schedule and monitor progress with senior management; make revisions as necessary for successful project completion;
- In partnership with other managers, recruit, interview and select staff and/or consultants for project activities;
- Ensure all project personnel receive appropriate training and follow the policy and procedure of the organization;
- Manage records and files to ensure project information is documented and secured appropriately;
- Review the quality of work being completed on a regular basis, to ensure standards are continually being met or exceeded;
- Monitor and approve budgeted project expenditures; manage project funds based on established accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure project financial records are kept up to date.
Reporting to the Director of Business Applications, the ideal candidate will possess their PMP designation as well as a strong understanding of Project Management practices and how to best utilize them.
Other desirable attributes include:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an IT Project Management position paired with post-secondary education in a related field;
- PMP designation is an asset;
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction and development of technology/infrastructure and desktop projects;
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms;
- Works well under pressure, meets deadlines and prioritizes tasks;
- Committed to achieving excellent results and comfortable delegating duties when necessary;
- Demonstrated leadership attributes to lead meetings and liaise with various stakeholders;
- Well-developed documentation, facilitation and customer service skills;
- Highly self-driven to take on new challenges, while working well within a team environment.
If you are interested in this role and have the qualifications, please send your resume directly through this ad to the attention of Jason.Dick(at)rpinc.ca. Please visit www.recruitmentpartners.ca for more career opportunities!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. The result is finding a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us today- Your Search Partner - to learn more.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
We create detailed job orders, including job descriptions, core competencies and required skill sets.
Search and Selection :