Project Accountant – Construction
Company and Position Description
Recruitment Partners is searching for you ASAP! Are you a professionally designated accountant (CA/CMA/CGA or near designation) looking to take it to the next level? This is an exciting opportunity for you to obtain career growth, challenge your current skills, utilize your project accounting experience, and be a part of a well-established team!
Our client, a publicly traded construction company, is searching for a project accountant to join their team. This is a hands-on role responsible for monitoring construction projects and requiring a very operationally focused accountant.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Process project accounts receivable and accounts payable, including billings and back up documentation.
- Maintenance of project related purchase orders.
- Ensure project control protocols are effectively implemented as per contract requirements.
- Set up new projects.
- Review billings and journal entries as related to projects.
- Assist project controls in implementing the processes and client reporting.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies and issues
- Responsible for all accounting and job costing functions as related to projects.
- Maintain monthly project financial forecast.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and CSOX.
- General accounting processes and ad hoc projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have a professional designation (CA/CMA/CGA or nearly designated) with significant business acumen and senior level experience. We are looking for someone who demonstrates leadership qualities and also takes pride in their work and thrives in a team driven environment. In addition to the technical experience, personality and corporate culture fit of the candidate will be critical in the selection.
Other desirable attributes include:
- 2+ years of progressive experience supplemented with industry relevant experience.
- Senior level progressive accounting experience is necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization, including operations.
- Work ethic and team spirit are critical.
- Strong project management skills and considerable experience in managing change.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume directly through this ad to the attention of Candice.Rookes(at)rpinc.ca. For more career opportunities, visit www.recruitmentpartners.ca!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. The result is finding a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us- “Your Search Partner” today- to learn more.