Company and Position Description
Are you a self-starter with a background in Fleet Management and Maintenance and proven leadership skills? If so, Recruitment Partners has a great opportunity for you! Our client, a dynamic and growing organization, is looking for your skills to fill their Fleet Manager position. This is a 20 days on and 10 days off rotation based in Fort McMurray, with regular travel to the Nisku head office, to ensure first-rate project execution. The incumbent will ensure that an effective and efficient preventative maintenance program is in place to safeguard the fleet, and to be sure that logistic needs are met. In addition to your technical experience, the corporate culture fit of the candidate will be key in the selection.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Continually evaluate the company fleet, stock and supplies to ensure necessary resources are available, as well as keeping equipment downtime to a minimum;
- Assist in decisions to retire/add equipment to the fleet as required; maximize use of existing fleet at all times;
- Act as company liaison in all supplier, public, management and internal dealings;
- Manage your department in achieving goals and significant performance indicators;
- Assess and manage risk within your department;
- Develop and monitor department budgets;
- Provide leadership and maintain company culture and a positive and productive work atmosphere;
- Become familiar with and carry out duties and responsibilities in relation to company Health & Safety program, and Alberta Occupational Health & Safety regulations;
- Maintain exceptional communication with management through regular reports and meetings;
- Other duties as required.
Reporting to the Director of Field Services, the ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years related experience, including a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position. You will also have the ability and willingness to escalate difficult issues to deliver successful outcomes when necessary.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Post-secondary education in a mechanical trade, or equivalent work experience;
- Strong ability to multi-task and think on your feet in a high-pressure environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to oversee multiple overlapping projects from cradle to grave;
- Understanding of financial reporting (budgeting, project expenditures);
- Exceptional organizational, planning and time-management skills;
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial transportation laws is a definite asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to tactfully and effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization as well as clients/customers;
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
If you are interested in this management role, please send your resume directly through this ad to the attention of derek.yeomans(at)rpinc.ca. Please visit our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities today!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. Resulting in a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us “Your Search Partner” today to learn more.
The Recruitment Partners Inc. is a dynamic and entrepreneurial recruitment firm with experts specializing in:
Finance and Accounting