Assistant Fleet Manager
Company and Position Description
Are you a driven individual with a background in Fleet Management and Maintenance? If so, Recruitment Partners has a great opportunity for you! Our client, a dynamic and growing organization, is looking for your skills to fill their Assistant Fleet Manager position. This role is based in Nisku, with occasional travel to Fort McMurray. The incumbent will assist with the preventative maintenance program to safeguard the fleet, and to be sure that logistic needs are met. In addition to your experience, the corporate culture fit of the candidate will be key in the selection.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in evaluating the company fleet, stock and supplies to ensure necessary resources are available, as well as keeping equipment downtime to a minimum;
- Contribute in decisions to retire/add equipment to the fleet as required; maximize use of existing fleet at all times;
- Act as a company liaison in supplier, public, management and internal dealings;
- Support the department in achieving goals and significant performance indicators;
- Assist in assessing and managing risk within your department;
- Provide leadership and maintain company culture and a positive and productive work atmosphere;
- Become familiar with and carry out duties and responsibilities in relation to company Health & Safety program, and Alberta Occupational Health & Safety regulations;
- Maintain exceptional communication with management through regular reports and meetings;
- Other duties as required.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years related experience. You will also possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Post-secondary education in a mechanical trade, or equivalent work experience;
- Strong ability to multi-task and think on your feet in a high-pressure environment and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to oversee multiple overlapping projects from cradle to grave;
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial transportation laws is a definite asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to tactfully and effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization as well as clients/customers;
- Strong computer skills, with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume directly through this ad to the attention of Jason Dick. Please visit our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities today!
Recruitment Partners is an Edmonton based recruitment firm dedicated to securing top talent for employers of choice. We are a full service recruitment firm dedicated to building successful long-term relationships with our clients and candidates. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach aimed at building strong, successful teams. We are the ONLY full service recruitment firm staffing consultants with practical experience and focused solely on what is best for our clients and candidates. Resulting in a better candidate fit for you, reducing turnover, enhancing employee engagement, increased productivity, customer satisfaction, and more. Our senior team members have more than 20 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. Contact us “Your Search Partner” today to learn more.