The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing mechanical components, machinery, and equipment using applied knowledge of engineering principles. This may include fabricating, operating, installing, or repairing design products such as motors, instruments, control panels, and other machines.
- Design, develop, manufacture, install, and test machines such as motors, tools, instruments, and other mechanical devices.
- Fix machines such as electric generators, internal combustion engines, steam turbines, and gas turbines.
- Specialize in energy systems, applied mechanics, machine design, manufacturing, plant engineering, and maintenance.
- Develop HVAC equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, industrial production equipment, and robots used within manufacturing.
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon engineering schematics and specifications prepared by consultants.
- Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Create and implement standard specification languages and procedures for mechanical engineering projects.
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
- Assist with the development of project plans, project costing, and coordinating the efforts of other engineers, technicians, designers, and drafters to support cross-functional collaboration.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured, recommending improvements needed to current design products.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of direct work experience with production systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Direct knowledge of manufacturing methodologies.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and other 3-D imaging software is essential.
- Solid background in machine design as it relates to motion controls, switches, valves, motors, panel wiring, cylinders, and so on.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into machines to insure that the organization is meeting its high quality goals and objectives.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so may result in your application not being properly considered for the position.
Web Site: www.janddrecruitment.com
Indeed - 11 months ago