Currently seeking a Controls Design Engineer for our client
Controls Engineer will function as the Electrical/Controls engineer on capital projects while working with safety, regulatory codes, environmental, and Electrical/Controls projects. The right candidate will provide electrical/controls engineering support for the entire facility.
- Design, Project management, Project planning, Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities, Research and development, Operations or production
- designing and developing new control systems; maintaining and modifying existing systems; managing operations;
- working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff; liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant Work standard –
- project management within cost and time constrained environments; troubleshooting and problem-solving;
- understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards of the country in which work is undertaken;
- providing advice and consultancy support; purchasing equipment; developing new business proposals; accepting responsibility and a level of accountability commensurate with the seniority of the position.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills in areas of Control Software and Programming, Control Hardware issues, Process Control, and Packaging Controls Systems including Discrete and integrated Motion Control.
- Able to apply root cause analysis to resolve systematic or reoccurring control issues. Demonstrated ability to implement new technology that meets AIM business and regulatory requirements. Demonstrated ability to develop/drive control strategies to improve system utilization and reliability
- Bachelor in Science in Electrical or Computer Engineers
- Skilled and/or Certified in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Strong Computer Skills
- Proficiency in Controls systems software (Allen-Bradley /Siemens PLC) & MS office suite (Excel, Word) AutoCAD Electrical.
- Controls programming experience – PLCs, Servos, HMIs machine, Robots.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with plant manufacturing systems
- Experience in electrical/controls technology in a design and build environment
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment desirable
- Written and Oral communication
- Capable of job task planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and working with others
- Computer proficiency
Work Environment: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, attention to detail, ability to distinguish between colours, combination of sitting, standing, walking
Automation Manager- This position will trained by the Automation Manager with ongoing support and supervision
Engineering Team- Work with team to ensure deadlines are met.
Vendors- Establishing Quotes, Status of Quotes
Customers- Inquire on job details
Location: Tecumseh, ON
Salary: $65000- $70000 yearly
Travel: own vehicle, willing to travel, willing to travel internationally, Travel expenses paid by employer, Valid driver’s licence.
If you are interested in hearing more details please call: 647-800-6223 or email us your resume to: resume @ janddrecruitment.com
We thank all candidates who apply; we will contact you if you meet the description of this job ad.
Indeed - 4 months ago