A national printing and book manufacturer is currently looking for a Senior Sales Account Executive. The incumbent will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing. He/she will be responsible for the development and growth of Strategic Accounts for both prospects and customers. The Sales Account Executive works closely with sales management to develop new product solutions and sales plans to meet annual sales targets.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using detailed knowledge of Client’s capabilities and the customer’s business, develop appropriate business solutions for customers.
- A minimum of 20% of time each week is spent in front of “C” level and management contacts of strategic customer prospects and existing strategic customers discussing business models to best address their business challenges to develop contracted volume partnerships.
- Strategic plan development (includes identification of market trends, opportunities, and new product/service offerings).
- Consistently apply the documented “Client Selling Process” using Microsoft CRM as the customer content repository.
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales and contribution targets.
- Develop and document annual and quarterly sales plans for both sales dollars and contribution dollars targets.
- Develop Client’s industry presence through networking and active participation in publishing communities to support development of Client’s go to market strategies, and product solutions.
- Have a sound understanding of Client’s pricing methodology and present recommendations for successful achievement of sales and profit targets.
- Leadership functions including the support of corporate values, objectives, sales processes and policies throughout peer group.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience in a sales or sales management position.
- Ability to plan and deliver communications including, writing proposals and presentation skills
- Results oriented with sense of urgency to meet targets and timelines
- Aptitude for technology, developing and executing new business strategies
- Multi-tasking, well organized working with internal and external customers
- Strong communication and persuasiveness skills. Proven experience working with “C” level customers
- Developed understanding and demonstrated execution of a structured selling process
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and tackle a problem by using a logical and systematic approach
- Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions
- Makes sound decisions; uses logic to reach solutions
- Maintains high standards of quality despite pressing deadlines
- Driven to achieve desired results focusing effort on meeting or exceeding goals
- Ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers
- Flexibility/openness to different and new ways of doing things
- The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure
- Handles confidential situations with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Proficient in the use of CRM and MS Office products, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- University degree in Business or Sales & Marketing Management, Graphic Communications Manager, or related field of study preferred
- Highly developed publishing sector industry knowledge (education, professional reference, and trade)