QUALITY ASSURANCE DEVELOPER - Intermediate
Recognia Inc. is seeking a talented and experienced Quality Assurance Developer to join our QA team based in our Ottawa office. In this role you will be responsible for designing and developing automation test cases and performing other testing activities in a fast paced, agile, team oriented environment.
- Work as project team member during end-to-end system life cycle development of major projects.
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute automated tests for end-to-end scalable software projects.
- Identify report on, and validate software defects in our tracking tool.
- Develop greater expertise in industry leading information management technologies.
- Participate and contribute to team and client meetings.
- Provide technical input to performance analysis and report on application readiness.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience
- Object oriented design and development is a plus
- Test automation programming experience is required
- Experience with relational database (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- LINUX environment is considered an asset
- Capable of thinking "out of the box" or being stretched with respect to creative expression.
- Well developed analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a fast paced environment
- Proficient in both verbal and written communications (English)
- Ability to define and resolve complex technical problems in heterogeneous information systems environments
If you are a forward thinker and want to acquire knowledge in various web and server technologies as well as gain an edge in understanding the online investment tools, we invite you to submit your resume by email to: jobs at recognia.com
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Recognia - Recognia Inc. provides unique actionable investment research and web applications to financial sites and self-directed online brokerages. Recognia has developed patented technologies for fundamental analysis and quantitative analysis using chart pattern recognition and Technical Events. Recognia’s investment research covers all publicly traded financial instruments globally including stocks, indexes, ETFs, commodities and currencies. Altogether, Recognia tracks over 65,000 financial instruments on a daily basis.
To the online brokerage community, Recognia provides a range of delivery methods that allow brokers, and other organizations, to deliver actionable and user-engaging information to their clients and account-holders. Customers of Recognia include E*TRADE, TD Waterhouse, ICICI Bank, Reliance Money, Bloomberg, Saxo Bank and Interactive Investor. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization poised for fast growth. Successes have included integrating Recognia’s investment research with the online applications of TD Waterhouse and E*TRADE, as well as broadcasting news of Technical Events to all Bloomberg users around the world. Global uptake of Recognia services has also been strong as evidenced by contracts with Saxo Bank and Interactive Investor in Great Britain and Reliance Money, Sharekhan and ICICI, the world’s largest online brokerage, in India.
Recognia Inc. provides unique actionable investment research and web applications to financial sites and retail online brokerages. Recognia...