Reckitt Benckiser

Reckitt Benckiser Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced but intolerable work culture
Marketing (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: fast pace and gain responsibilities from week one
Cons: culture, work hours, and senior management and some colleagues are unbearable
Reckitt is known as a fast based culture where you get significant responsibility from the start, which makes it great to learn many aspects of the business, but at a cost.

Work hours are longer than other CPGs and you're forced by management to meet their deadlines even if the project doesn't need to be accelerated, which means you're constantly changing – more... direction and priorities everyday to the point where almost everything is late. And management in marketing and trade is demeaning. They like to say the culture is direct but there is a big difference between that and behaviors like: throwing people under the bus, talking down to people, and focusing on negative issues primarily. It's very much a top down culture and they bring in Europeans to fill in the top roles so US employees are generally shafted.

I would recommend not coming to work here. Don't be tempted by the salary and bonus. – less
Fmcg, challenging plant learning new things every day
electrician (Current Employee), jhbJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: constantly learning new things
Cons: lack formal training
Morning meetings , plan for the day, walk through plant, ensure line run efficiently, do projects, tackle breakdowns, plan for shutdowns.
Always room for learning new things no limit between trades.
Excellent Benefits and Pay
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Have to be flexible for demanding schedules. Management doos reward associates when things are done well.
Operations - BIG responsibility and HUGE pressure job
Operations Team Lead - Household Hygiene Segment (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: big mnc - job security and free lunches once you spend > 3 years with the company
Cons: npd/epd, squeeze, xtrim, lean initiatives is very weak when you compare it to big fmcgs like p&g
I would rate it 3/5 considering it a ideal launchpad for a fresh graduate who wants to understand FMCG - Operations business in and out. Gradually as the saturation hits (1-2 years), the company is pretty good in rotating you around in multiple roles and offers flexible "geography based" opportunities as well.
Too many restructures no job security
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 14, 2013
Great Benefits, too many changes in upper management causing restructure every other year it seemed.
Great Company!
Operator/ Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: great cross-training opportunities
Cons: none this company has been great!
In the course of my 31/2 years at our RB FTW facility (STILL CURRENTLY THERE until Feb. 5th, 2013), I have operated many different machines and many different processes. While in the Packaging Dept., I operated the Blister Lines I.e. IMA C80’s, CSAT foil printers, Pester - Bundlers and Casepackers, Sepha De-Blisterer, and Leak Test Scanner; as well – more... as Optel Vision quality inspection system, Wolke carton printers, and various bottle line functions with the exception of the Aylward Filler. We performed “A” and “B” Cleans as well as changeovers on formats and products. I also performed basic resetting functions of the palletizing robot. While in the Mfg. Dept., I have worked primarily in Weighing with the new DFB/DMS System, but initially trained in the old manual style of weighing as well. I have also been cross-trained on Blending; both V-Blender and Bin Blender. I have been trained on some processes that we have since upgraded and phased-out including the old Granulation operation which utilized Day Mixers, Drying Ovens, and Fitzmills/Swecos (Work-Up). I have been trained in DEA List I materials compliance. I have been trained in AM (Autonomous Maint.) and as an operator/mantech perform the daily and weekly preventative maintenance tasks. We have also been trained in the SMED program which has reduced our downtime and changeover times significantly. – less
An experience
PA to Global Marketing Excellence Director (Former Employee), Corporate HQ, SloughJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: free soft drinks
Cons: agressive culture
Culturally the most aggressive work place I have ever been in. Limited progression opportunities and training opportunities for those outside the Top 400.
productive, pressure and learning a lot in a short space of time
Information systems helpdesk administrator (Former Employee), Jet ParkJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: dinners
Cons: unpredictable working hours
my day ussualy start at 8:30 to 4:30, i learned how to work under pressure under stressful invironment going the extra mile. the hardest part of my job was attending always trying to deliver to customer that didnt have patience but i always managed tto please them.
nice people and a nice place to work
Fork lift operator (Former Employee), Wolcott, NYDecember 29, 2012
Pros: close to home
It was a real nice place to work and if they didnt move i would have retired from there
the people i worked with were like family most people were there for a long time and alot retired from there
we had no bosses we had team leaders and they were employes you worked with every day
the
hardest part that the company moved
the most enjoyable was seeing – more... all my co workers – less
Productive workdays
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2012
Pros: great co-workers and supervisors
We have fun and productive workdays. Our management team were always on top of issues handed to them.
My First Job, very Productive and fun to work
Territory Sales Incharge (Former Employee), Banglore,Mysore, TSIDecember 5, 2012
Pros: extra incentives for achieving extra targets
Cons: very rarely meetings were conducted on sunday's.
Learned how to manage a team, work along to reach the end goal that is Target. Achieved a trip to Bangkok, which was totally a superfine Team work. Enjoyed working
Wonderful work place
Assistant to Sensory Director (Former Employee), Montvale, NJNovember 25, 2012
Great place to work. Employees are friendly and the room for growth in unmatched.
High energy
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 19, 2012
Cons: jobs moving from us
RB allows you to have responsibility in several roles and allows experience across the board. Great team spirit and hours are plenty
Supplier Quality Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: great place to work
Great place to work. Very challenging and promotion opportunities
Repetetive work in factory.
team leader (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: small responsibility
Cons: repetitive work in factory
Typical day - running the packaging line in factory.
I learned that factory work is not for me.
Management - no comments.
Co-workers - very straight people.
Hardest part - standing 8h and watching packaging line.
Most enjoyable - end of the shift.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Supply Planner (Former Employee), elandsfonteinSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: hanging out as a team on fridays after a tough day at work
Cons: no work life balance
My typical day at work would start off by- me running the customer service report that i was in charge of in the Supply planning department (that shows missed sales,stocks sols and stocks on hand) and therefore follow up on the reason codes and replenish stock accordingly where required and also feedback to the business on the reasons for low stock/missed – more... sales.

I have learned quite a lot from my manager who was really supportive and would encourage me to always come up with solutions to the problems at hand.i also had great and a fantastic relationship with my colleagues and we were so united that we did not only take interest in the work life but also interest in personal life too which is trully commendable.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when meeting targets even in the most difficult of times – less
FUN PLACE
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Brandon, MSAugust 8, 2012
Cons: temp job
LONG GREAT HOURS. HOW TO WORK WELL WITH OLDER PEOPLE. BEING LAID OFF DUE TO HOUR REDUCTION WAS HE HARDEST PART
Production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 21, 2012
manage several people
learning how to speak spanish
the upper management is not to bad to work for
Line leads are pretty good
having to be able to understand a different lanuage
Senior Supply Planner
Senior Production Planner/Buyer/Master Scheduler (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NJJuly 16, 2012
Pros: your achiement and growth is based on your own initiative
Provided customer service and handled inventory control for finished goods, raw, packaging and WIP components.Managed production, distribution planning and implementing activities for retail and club pack household brands. Managed overall product and coordinated with Rickett Benckiser's in planning and controlling systems. Coordinated efforts with Operations, – more... Distribution Planning, L.C. Centers, Sales Forecasting and Marketing. Prepared monthly and weekly production inventory deployment and capacity plans. Created and maintained master production schedule to ensure proper flow of materials. Implemented supply strategies, maintained ABS classification for FG, replenish order quantities, safety stocks, day’s forward supply, lead times, production rates, production capacity/utilization and deployment/shipping timing to ensure excellent service execution. Assisted Materials Manager in various analyses tasks and handled monthly inventory levels of FG and RB, purchased RM and PM. Reconciled negative inventory balances, handled issues on in-transits and RB plants, managed invoices, obsolescence and related transactions. Provided resolution to customer issues and concerns. Assisted project managers in planning new products launch. Ensured compliance to MPS and inventory KPI based on agreed targets and obsolescence FG and components keep under established target. – less
Demanding and challenging.
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NJJuly 15, 2012
Have learned a lot at Reckitt Benckiser. Work life balance is not as good as it should be.

About Reckitt Benckiser

If it doesn't clean or taste good, it doesn't cut the mustard with Reckitt Benckiser. A subsidiary of UK-based Reckitt Benckiser – Read more

Reckitt Benckiser Photos