Recall

Recall Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management, unclear demands, illegal labour practices
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 28, 2014
Pros: "free" coffee, easy work
Cons: poor management, unsafe environment, awkward location
The company had no safety vests for workers to wear and saw nothing wrong with this clear violation of labour law in an environment where forklifts and heavy equipment routinely operate. Management is inept and demanding, blaming workers for being unable to meet impossible quotas while offering meaningless or even detrimental advice to achieve these – more... quotas.

The average day at work involves being bothered constantly by management asking for "your numbers" (i.e.: how many files you have completed) and subsequently decrying your "slowness". This is the case regardless of how many files you actually do. Be ready for pointless delays caused by managerial grandstanding, long hours in an awkward location (a car is practically essential; only the 96A and the 118 go near the warehouse in Ottawa), deplorable attempts to speed workers up (such as posting "results" so as to create "competition"), and a culture of utter devaluation. Going home at night to start this again was a torture.

On top of the crushing demands, the workplace has no concept of life/work balance. You will experience neverending pressure to take on overtime to compensate for their inability to fulfill their contracts. The slightest delay in returning from lunch or break elicits the profoundest sort of whinging from team leaders regardless of when you actually start work. Taking time off was a nightmare. I got the sense that sales had signed several contracts that they simply could not actually fulfill because it satisfied some sales goal of some kind; the company in turn automatically blames the people working for it rather than attempting to honestly understand the disconnect between contract promises and their ability to actually fulfill that contract.

The work itself is almost criminally easy. There is no challenge, no interest, and no variation. Simply scan and index. A barrel of bees could do the job, and after a week or two you will be bored stiff of the work. It's monotonous and bland. To be fair, they do allow you to listen to music, but it is a small solace.

This company will chew you up and spit you out. It is an uncaring, seething pit of uselessness and decay from whence nothing good arrives. The pay was low for the suffering incumbent to the job. If your other option is starvation you could probably survive this toxic environment for a couple of months - otherwise, I suggest working elsewhere. – less
Its a
Information Center Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: the only problem is that we have our washroom and lunch room on the secondfloor
Cons: i like my working hours and also do get overtime sometimes
Every day I enjoy working and as I am very enthusiastic person and try and achieve my target everyday.Being a friendly person I have no problem getting along with my co-workers and my management. I am a good team player
Loved it
Temp (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2013
Pros: everything about this job.
Cons: nothing.
Working for Recall was one of the best jobs I've had. Typical day consisted of showing up to work, reporting to the team lead, conferring with team members, then hitting the day of work schedule. Usually picking orders until 7:30am then hitting the road to deliver or pick up orders.

Most enjoyable was the comradry I experienced there between the team – more... lead, and team members. Nothing was ever frustrating. – less
Paranoid,stressfull environment
SSR Driver (Former Employee), Ville St-Laurent ,QuebecNovember 21, 2012
Pros: pay benefits
Cons: climate of fear instead of trust
Since new operations chief took over some years back,there has been an environment of stress paranoia and vindictivness.a kind of petty dictatorship.Customers concerns were usualy ignored or treated after multiple calls to the point the company lost a major client ,it is a shame things could have went better for the company.
working alonge
operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2012
picking and delivering goods to various locations,driving in different road conditions.safety first
Productive and fun workplace
Temp Staff (Former Employee), HertfordshireOctober 9, 2014
Pros: sharing the workload
Cons: long hours
I had a great time working for Recall. I enjoyed working as part of a team to meet the deadlines given, but also working individually within my workspace to meet my own personal deadline. I learnt how to manage my workload and how to help others.
I learned shipping & receiving also how to deal with clients from them.
Tape Librarian (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fun ppl
Very good experience if your wanting to learn about data processing,co-workers are the best (love them).You work very hard there
but at the end of the day we all kicked back & gave each other support
driving on the open road to different places
Information Management Expediter (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJJune 19, 2014
Pros: by myself
Cons: drive to many miles in one day
driving 296 miles in a day, different place I seen driving to many locations. my supervisor was great and very patient, my co workers were very helpful. the hardest part is all that driving for one driver.
Fast paced job
Material Handler (Current Employee), Otay Mesa, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: same routine everyday
Cons: time goes by fast
Scanned papers that were received from UCSD Medical center on a daily basis and stored them in the store after they were already scanned. More than 1700 files were scanned on an eight hour shift.
nice place to work
Delievry Drivery / CSR (Current Employee), Mableton, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: great work
Cons: no paid breaks
Pick up cartoons from various clients and also work in warehouse. Also nothing being from Atlanta, I learn the city being a delivery driver. My management time pretty good group of guys. CO-workers are pretty typical some work hard some don't. When my deliveries route is short and have to do a lot work in the warehouse. Most enjoyable part of the job – more... is getting out enjoying the weather when its nice outside. – less
Very well structured company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: healthy minded organization and organized
Cons: no protection as an employee when management does not follow hr policy.
Working with the best in class of customers and employees.

Good starting base for entry level
Temporary worker
Recall Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nice working area
Cons: to much demand and lack of proper training
I was driving from Terre Haute IN to Indianapolis the was getting to mcuh for me. When they moved my working times it became more difficently to drive 160 miles a day
productive
Trainer in FX (Foreign Exchange) (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHFebruary 9, 2014
The company was very nice. But dispute between directors of the company. The company is closed.
Kirby
Volt temp (Former Employee), Hamilton ,NjFebruary 3, 2014
Kirby day started off selling their product door to door. I leanrned the value to presenting information to a client. The hardest part was to sell the product.
Great experince
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Landover, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: learned
Cons: job ended
Enjoyed time there and learn a lot. Worked with various types of people and the work culture was enjoyable.
Job
Courier Driver (Former Employee), South River, NJJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: terrible work environment. very disrespectful people
Steady work and pay check. Hostile environment and stressful place to work. Extremely rude and incompetent people running things there
Good company and good workplace environment.
Courier/ Media Operator for Qantas Account (Former Employee), CourierDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good working environment
Cons: none really
Recall was a good company to work for. I quickly learned my job in the tape library and doing deliveries. Management was fine and considerate. Staff were fine and helpful.
loading videos on pallets good job
WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE (Former Employee), Collingdale NW9October 28, 2013
Good temporary job to tide me over, i was moving home at the time
A good place to start and gain experience
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Upper, ONJuly 15, 2013
A good place to learn and build the foundation for a firm future.
Not meeting its potential
Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GaJuly 9, 2013
Company has potential for growth and development but has been held back by parent company. Hopefully will change so the right investments can be made.

1 2 3

About Recall

It's not necessary to memorize your documents: this company can Recall them for you. Recall Corporation is one of the world's – Read more