Recall Employee Reviews

Recall
shipper receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 11, 2015
Was a good job, gained a lot of experience dealing with CRA. Co-workers were great to get along with. This is the first time I dealt with CRA Files and was a great experience to learn.
Productive place to work.
Destruction Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 1, 2015
Made lots of freinds I still have to this day.Like to go into work every day.Management was easy to work for always had your back.Made you feel like you where at home.
Productive environment, fun and excellent co-workers.
Retrieval Clerk (Former Employee) –  KanataMay 1, 2015
Fun to work in the warehouse. Fast faced environment and excellent co-workers and supervisors. Working 8 hours a day and have extra hours of work during weekends. Lots of stocks and files to moved and transfer.
Loved it
Temp (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2013
Working for Recall was one of the best jobs I've had. Typical day consisted of showing up to work, reporting to the team lead, conferring with team members, then hitting the day of work schedule. Usually picking orders until 7:30am then hitting the road to deliver or pick up orders.

Most enjoyable was the comradry I experienced there between the team lead, and team members. Nothing was ever frustrating.
Pros
everything about this job.
Cons
nothing.
Paranoid,stressfull environment
SSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Ville St-Laurent ,QuebecNovember 21, 2012
Since new operations chief took over some years back,there has been an environment of stress paranoia and vindictivness.a kind of petty dictatorship.Customers concerns were usualy ignored or treated after multiple calls to the point the company lost a major client ,it is a shame things could have went better for the company.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
climate of fear instead of trust
Its a
Information Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Every day I enjoy working and as I am very enthusiastic person and try and achieve my target everyday.Being a friendly person I have no problem getting along with my co-workers and my management. I am a good team player
Pros
the only problem is that we have our washroom and lunch room on the secondfloor
Cons
i like my working hours and also do get overtime sometimes
working alonge
operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 23, 2012
picking and delivering goods to various locations,driving in different road conditions.safety first
Poor management, unclear demands, illegal labour practices
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 28, 2014
The company had no safety vests for workers to wear and saw nothing wrong with this clear violation of labour law in an environment where forklifts and heavy equipment routinely operate. Management is inept and demanding, blaming workers for being unable to meet impossible quotas while offering meaningless or even detrimental advice to achieve these quotas.

The average day at work involves being bothered constantly by management asking for "your numbers" (i.e.: how many files you have completed) and subsequently decrying your "slowness". This is the case regardless of how many files you actually do. Be ready for pointless delays caused by managerial grandstanding, long hours in an awkward location (a car is practically essential; only the 96A and the 118 go near the warehouse in Ottawa), deplorable attempts to speed workers up (such as posting "results" so as to create "competition"), and a culture of utter devaluation. Going home at night to start this again was a torture.

On top of the crushing demands, the workplace has no concept of life/work balance. You will experience neverending pressure to take on overtime to compensate for their inability to fulfill their contracts. The slightest delay in returning from lunch or break elicits the profoundest sort of whinging from team leaders regardless of when you actually start work. Taking time off was a nightmare. I got the sense that sales had signed several contracts that they simply could not actually fulfill because it satisfied some sales goal of some kind; the company in turn automatically blames the people working for
  more... it rather than attempting to honestly understand the disconnect between contract promises and their ability to actually fulfill that contract.

The work itself is almost criminally easy. There is no challenge, no interest, and no variation. Simply scan and index. A barrel of bees could do the job, and after a week or two you will be bored stiff of the work. It's monotonous and bland. To be fair, they do allow you to listen to music, but it is a small solace.

This company will chew you up and spit you out. It is an uncaring, seething pit of uselessness and decay from whence nothing good arrives. The pay was low for the suffering incumbent to the job. If your other option is starvation you could probably survive this toxic environment for a couple of months - otherwise, I suggest working elsewhere.
Pros
"free" coffee, easy work
Cons
poor management, unsafe environment, awkward location
Développement personnel
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCOctober 27, 2014
J'ai été placé chez Recall par mon agence de placement. Donc c'est un CDD. Il n'y a pas d'opportunité de développement ni d'avancement afin de construire une carrière.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
manque de communication