Growing interior design firm looking for a Junior Interior Designer to assist on residential and commercial projects. Working directly with the Principle Designer, this is a great opportunity to gain a broad range of experience in the industry. It is a part-time, contract role that could develop into full-time for the right candidate.
- Create detailed construction drawings and specification packages
- Source material, plumbing and lighting specifications
- Interaction with suppliers and reps to obtain up to date information on products
- Work with Principle Designer on creative aspects of projects
- Participate in client meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD (3D Autocad is an asset)
- Experience working with contractors and trades is considered an asset
- Must be able to work autonomously
- Well organized
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Have or be working towards a design degree or have equivalent work experience
- Must have a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
All interest in this position is appreciated but only qualified applicants will be contacted.