Realstar is a leading residential property management company with properties across Canada.
Our properties are clean, quiet and attract quality residents who will attest to our unique standards of service.
We are currently seeking a Property Manager for one of our west end Toronto properties.
The Property Manager provides critical hands-on leadership in a residential rental building. With the direction and support of a District Manager, the Property Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the property by maximizing profitability and maintaining corporate standards within established operational and budgetary objectives. This includes effective marketing, efficient administration, expense control, income maximization, ensuring the proper physical maintenance of the building and surrounding property and daily management and training of support staff. The Property Manager is required to work flexible hours including month end. The Property Manager is responsible for fostering and maintaining a friendly and professional environment for residents, prospects, service providers and contractors. The Property Manager is responsible for: Business Development & Marketing, Customer Service, Management and Training, Fire Safety-Life Safety-Emergency Response and Leasing and Administration.
Business Development and Marketing Responsibilities
- Conduct monthly market surveys and have a thorough understanding of competition and current market conditions
- Hold open houses and undertake external business development activities
- Recommend leasing rates to District Manager for available suites and lease renewals
- Actively promote various referral programs
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Organize, promote, and conduct resident events
- Ensure resident issues and service requests are addressed within 24 hours
- Promote a neighbourly and community atmosphere
- Meet and interact with residents in a customer friendly and professional manner
- Undertake programs to recognize long term residents
- Seek ways to exceed service expectations of residents
Management & Training Responsibilities
- Interview candidates and provide hiring recommendations to District Manager
- Complete thorough orientation and training of new and existing staff
- Foster an environment to encourage continuous staff development and a strong customer service attitude
- Establish and monitor work schedules of staff in accordance with corporate guidelines and to meet high turnover periods
- Manage staff including resolving conflicts
- Thorough understanding of annual budgets and operating and capital plans
Fire Safety-Life Safety-Emergency Situation Responsibilities
- Comply with regular fire safety and life safety standards including keeping fire, Riskcheck, maintenance and preventative maintenance logs up to date, as well as completing and holding fire drills
- Extensive knowledge of emergency procedures including fire, flood, and mould and ensure staff has thorough understanding
The Property Manager is required to manage, maintain and schedule staff to ensure the complex and grounds are kept clean daily in accordance with company standards.
Renting & Administration Responsibilities
- Show and lease suites to prospective residents
- Process resident applications including completion of background and credit checks
- Ensure rents are collected and deposited on a timely basis
- Negotiate lease renewals in conjunction with established targets
- Utilize computerized property management system to record transactions and run various operating reports
Property Maintenance Responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of all maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, HVAC, boilers, chillers, swimming pool, sprinklers, etc.)
- Coordination of month-end duties and responsibilities, including
- Scheduling of contractors and staff for the turnover of vacant suites
- Oversee contractors of fire and life safety systems to ensure required maintenance and repairs completed properly
- Assist District Manager and construction manager with managing execution of the annual capital plan and identifying current or future physical issues for repair
- Supervise staff, service providers and contrators and oversee quality of work performed
- Review and approve invoices for payment to contractors for services appropriately completed
Skills and Experience Required
- Background in residential property management or related business experience (office administration, skilled-trade, handyperson)
- Strong customer service and selling skills
- Excellent communication skills to deal with residents, prospects, colleagues and trades
- Management skills to coach, train, and motivate staff and develop a team environment
- Maintain a professional and presentable appearance at all times
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
Please submit your resumes and a cover letter via e-mail or by fax: 416-923-9315 attn: HR.