Realstar Management Employee Reviews in Canada

Nothing you do will ever be good enough
Asst resident manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Management out right lies to make themselves look good. No training provided we went with 1 couple for 1 day and then we were told the next day what our building was and go. The harassment that goes on in some of the properties and the belittling of employees is criminal and when you write the HR dept. you get fired and told it is without cause. Head office and the top managers / owners do not care about the employees at all as long as they make money that is the only motivation. Terrible place to work.
Pros
we are not there anymore.
Cons
pretty well everything
Not an equal opportunity employer
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
We were let go because I injured my knee and needed a cane to get around. I could still do my duties of cleaning, showing suites and the office duties but they did not want people to see my cane. I would recommend that you live in one though as the managers have to bow down to everyone and give the residents what they want.
Pros
some benefits, bonuses
Cons
live where you work, little time off
One of tbe best placees to work in the Property Management Buisness
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 18, 2014
Best managed property management company in Canada. live on site, great perks and benefits, they really care about their clients and staff. If you are not use to being on call 24/7 and don't like dealing with the public this is not the job for you. Long hours sometimes, and dealing with emergencies including intoxicated tenants, and sometimes residents with life threatening situations and maybe even deaths.
Pros
good salary, good benefits, great management and training. lots of room for advancement
Cons
long hours, can be stressful at times.
It depends on the management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2015
A typical work day was busy with high traffic of prospects, residents and trade personnel coming through our doors. Everyday was a learning experience and a truly enjoyable experience.

The resident managers were approachable, enthusiastic, caring individuals who relished input on how to approve day to day operations. Then, that management team left and the assistant resident managers took over.

From there what was once a wonderful work environment turned on a dime. Working alongside people that were not team players who did not want input from their staff and proceeded to lie to the district manager was difficult to deal with.

Eventually the final straw was drawn when the RM of our building would not respect laws surrounding the rights of disabled personnel needing transportation accommodations. This was an illegal move. I was no longer respected and I felt my safety and well-being was threatened.

It was a relief to leave, but I will say I believe the RM couple who took over the seniority position ruined my career as a leasing agent.
Pros
multi-tasking, always meeting new people, demanding but enjoyable job
Cons
very little time off, no set holidays for staff, bad management
Productive environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work start at cleaning the building and end up in some maintenance works like some electrical and plumbing works.I learned a lot in building maintenance in my one year stay in this company, The management is quite good, they gave us seminar and training with regards to the building operation and some safety measures. With regards to my co workers, we work with harmonious relationship in order to make our job well done. The hardest part of the job is when there is an emergency call but maybe it will not be called the hardest but challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do some maintenance work and complete it and the tenant is satisfied with my job.
Pros
quarterly bonus
My typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMay 8, 2013
Each day is a new day with something new to learn. Mornings are filled with the cleaning of the buildings. I take pride in where I live so this to me is the most important part of my day.

The afternoon is filled with resident concerns, data entry, answering emails and the telephone. Resident concerns are addressed immediately if possible. If this is not possible, I follow up with any information the resident needs. Data entry consists of entering prospective resident information, banking and traffic reports all in Yardi.
Pros
i live where i work. the people are very nice. i have medical benefits.
Cons
sometimes it is hard to get away from the property.
A great place to work with full training provided
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary 2yrs, Edmonton 1.5 yrsDecember 11, 2012
The women and men start the day by cleaning the buildings,then the women are suppose to go into the office for training in the afternoon,and the men do maintenance around the building.The upper Management have a tendancy not to listen to thier assts. and will listen to the general Manager first.The hardest part of the job is cleaning of the suites for months end, The most enjoyable part was meeting new potential residents or interacting with the current residents.
Cons
do not exactly explain just what they expect from you
Realstar treat their Employees with respect
Assistant Residental Manager/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2013
Excellent Company to work for
realstar does a lot for their Employee's/residents
a typical day is dealing with residents and tradesmen
hardest part of the job is unable to use a lot of my skills I've learnt throughout my years of working
the most enjoyable part of the day is when their is a smile on the Residents face cause their needs have been met
Pros
rent is includes with work package/medical/dental/clothing allowance
Cons
cant use my carpentry skills/tradesmen are called in to do big jobs
Superintendent of a high rise residential building
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 22, 2012
Basic cleaning duties of the entire premises as well as showing vacant units and performing office duties related to rentals.
Pros
apartment included
Cons
you are always at work. you live in the building. people are always knocking and calling

2.7