Realogy Employee Reviews

productive
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX22 July 2017
I did not like the fact that when I wanted to move up in the company they would move me around so I decided to move myself around. The supervisor I had have her favorite picks.
Pros
lunch almost every week
Cons
micro manage
Senior Director, IT (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ21 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at Realogy. I held various roles over the years and learned from professionals in various cross functional teams. I would highly recommend Realogy.
Demeaning environment with complete lack of organization
Property Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX9 June 2017
A typical day at work included fast paced work learning to prioritize at a new level depending on need or request. Management is not supportive or encouraging and all about what you can do for them. They do not care the least bit if you are overburdened. They only care if the numbers look right, so they will look good. Essentially, the job entails making money for others and you will be just a number. They do not respect women and do not value education. The hardest part was trying to get everything done in a day and the most enjoyable part of the job was the rare, but appreciative Tenants and Owners who valued a detailed, personable, and educated professional who had their best interests at heart.
very independent atmosphere for IT desktop support
Desktop Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA30 May 2017
A typical day consist of making appointments and meeting with end users all around the Bay Area to assist with printing issues, email setups and new PC setups. A big benefit from this job was that I was able to learn and navigate Mac OS's and different Mac Products that I didn't have much experience with. The most enjoyable part of my job is fixing issues for end users and seeing smiles and relief on their faces.
Pros
sometimes we got free lunch and I was pretty much able to make my own schedule.
Cons
i put a lot of ware and tear on my car.
Fortune 500 with new impressive headquarters in beautiful New Jersey Suburb close to NYC
Director of Development - Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ2 May 2017
I was based in the field, meaning I was only at the greater NYC headquarters once or twice a month. A typical week for me involves domestic travel to meet with Owner/Brokers, Developers, Architects, Construction Managers, Interior Designers,and Politicians. I focused on Site Selection for new offices, and all necessary due diligence involved in the process. I cultivated relationships from 'Cradle to Grave', and once the offices were opened, I transitioned into Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures with other culturally aligned companies within that region. We provided internal financing to help companies acquire and grow market share.
Realogy
Consultant through Addison Group (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ27 March 2017
By far this is the worst place I have ever worked. No one talks to anyone and people are very rude. This is an open space environment and there are not enough conference rooms so you have to have your call right next to other people.
Pros
Cons
Bad Culture
Don't Work Here and Do Not Invest!!!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ27 February 2017
Authoritarian CEO

Wall Street Shell Game / Ponzi Scheme

Treat Brokers, Employees, Vendors Like Trash

Took on over $6B in debt when they went private in mid-2000's and have been breaking the backs of their employees and brokers to recover ever since.

The business model relies on old, outdated economic model of charging the consumer 5% commission regardless of home listing price then collecting fees from their brokers.

The culture is sick, everyone is afraid of the next round of cuts as the leadership tries to convince their tech investments are somehow going to magically create a "real" company out of this holding company. If you can find a more unqualified management team, they are probably already out of business.

This company is dead man walking and any investor, employee, broker / agent still working for them is either getting taken for a ride or will be in the near future.
Pros
Brokers, Staff
Cons
Management, Vision, Business Model, Leadership, Ethics, Hostile Work Environment
Analyst
FP&A Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ8 December 2016
The best part of the work day is it always goes by so quickly. It can be fun and challenging and keeps you on your toes. Co-workers are great and supportive as is the mgmt.
Great team oriented atmosphere
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ9 November 2016
Enjoyed working in the Network Run security group. Learned Juniper and Fortinet firewalls. I was on a short contract project with the company but from what I saw while I was there it was a wonderful and respectful atmosphere.
Pros
Nice modern facility
Cons
Going through lay offs
Great Place to Work and Grow
Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ28 October 2016
Superlative leadership team sets the tone for a great and forward-looking company built on rubrics of integrity and deep industry knowledge but still seeking and leveraging latest technology to grow even more.
Pros
Open door policy at all levels - great code of ethics
no review
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ27 October 2016
I really have nothing I want to share about working for this company. You would need to work here and form your own opinion.
Great org!
SENIOR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ25 October 2016
Great org that cares about their employees! Glad to be part of this company. The people are terrific and the focus on the community, ethics and diversity is wonderful.
The smart, happy people are all trying to leave.
VP of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ22 September 2016
Now that I have a new job in a healthy work environment, I look back and realize that Realogy knows exactly what to say and do to impress everyone except the full time, long term employees. The facade has worked really well with job candidates, the press, college interns, trade associations, and philanthropic organizations. Every single action made is purely for a photo opp and a press release. Managers who foster a hostile work environment are paraded around like heroes to distract from the fact that they're actually really horrible people. Doing good work and producing real results doesn't matter. Management respects people who are overly aggressive, rather than kind-hearted, down to earth professionals who are the best at what they do. Across the board, people are paranoid about losing their jobs and feel the need to prove themselves which is also creating a nasty work environment. The negativity is spreading like wildfire and it's sad to say that most of the good people are leaving as soon as they get another job.
Pros
Free coffee, beautiful gym, great location in Madison.
Cons
The biggest egos with the smallest brains.
Good
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ8 May 2016
• Operate as service point-of-contact for help-desk, helping to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve approximately 10 tickets per day.
• Assist customer with setting up accounts, resetting passwords, modifying permissions, distribution lists, elevate user rights via Active Directory
Realogy environment is ok to work for
Customer Support Representative Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ26 March 2016
Answer and resolve internal and external users password account lockouts and resets. Troubleshoot and resolve wireless devices.
Ever changing work environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ18 February 2016
A typical day at work is very busy filled with meetings. A good group of co-workers helps to make the day go by while still being able to focus on the job at hand.
Pros
There is a full service cafeteria and fitness center on site
Cons
There is always a lot of change and you never know when you will be effected in a negative way.
Great company to work for
Director Corporate Procurement and Travel (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ9 February 2016
Great company to work for. Worked there for 14+ years. Long term good place to work for. Providing work life balance a priority for the company.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Parking at the Madison location
Excellent company to work for; great learning environment; great team work
help desk (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ21 January 2016
A typical work day at Realogy I consider to always be a busy day with great working environment. When work day is this busy, I consider it to be a great day because by the time you know it, the day is over already without feeling the time. Realogy taught me a lot when it comes to interacting with end users, working with management from director all the way down to the newest employee since we all get along pretty good. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with angry with angry users since our job is to make them happy by providing the support they need to be happy again.
Pros
Fun working environment; coffee breaks
Cons
Looking for a permanent psot.
chop shop
Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NY11 January 2016
the office is nice - near Bloomingdale's on E 59th and very convenient. I have spoken to my manager perhaps thrice in 16 months. zero actionable support, process, tools, or structure.
Pros
can't say
Cons
several
Productive and great company to work for.
Compliance Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ3 August 2015
High volume work load on a daily basis. Wonderful management and coworkers. I learned many different aspects of the Real Estate and Franchise Industry. Enjoyed my experience at Realogy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realogy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9