Realogy Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work, with exercise area, cafeteria, a good location and free parking and very secure environment, friendly team
Data Entry Clerk III (Senior) (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ14 November 2017
I have learned a lot about real estate, you must be detail oriented, very accurate, the typical day is like very busy entering data into the system and downloading information from other site. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you work with a piece of mind, very good environment and a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
1 hours lunch
Cons
healthcare
great work place
Paralegal, Litigation and Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ7 November 2017
Really was a great place to work. I worked with amazing, smart and hard working people on my team. Our group was very busy, but we still found a way to have fun :). I learned a lot about real estate franchise and trademark infringements, I got to work with new databases that I never used before.

The hardest part of the job is getting to know people in different business units. Once you know the personnel and who handles what, it becomes much easier to gather information needed for your department.

The benefits were decent, vacation/ sick days, 401K matching, some perks when buying/ selling house, discounts on cars and other retailers, gym and cafeteria in the building. You may have flexibility in your schedule depending on the department you work in. The compensation and raises are below market (again, depends on the department/ business unit you are in).
Wonderful managment -
Relocation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FL1 November 2017
Place referrals, multitask between programs managing real estate transactions. unorganized and lack of training. every man for himself kind of environment.
Pros
couldnt ask for better management
Cons
Reduntant and no room for advancment
Field Tech Support
IT Field Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, IL23 October 2017
Once you get used to the environment it feels good. It is good that you don't work in a cubical or have a manager down your neck.. but.. there are times when too much exposure to a manager is bad
Pros
People you work WITH
Cons
People you work FOR sometimes
designing training materials
Performance Consultant/Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ17 October 2017
Developed and designed training materials for realtors and their brokers on how to use new electronic tools in their business. Helped to increase their 'book of business by learning these e-tools.
Pros
extensive learning about realtor industry
Typical corporate structure
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ16 October 2017
You are either in the all-boys club that runs the company, gets the raises and additional benefits or you aren't. Which is why I am seeking a new position.
Pros
ample time off
Cons
management
Disorganized at the ttime
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ16 October 2017
The company had just split into different divisions and there was quite a bit of disorganization. I really liked the people I worked with. Everyone tried to help each other out.
Pros
Good cafeteria, great people to work with
Cons
long hours, disorganized
Turned in to a not so good place to work over the last few years
SR. MANAGER INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO4 October 2017
Newer management and CIO make this place unbearable to work at. Staff is overworked and expected to take more on. No communication among management and upper management.
Accumulating technical experience
Migration Technician (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ29 September 2017
It was a temporary contract and it went well. The people were friendly and free parking is always a good advantage.This is a place I wouldn't have minded to work full-time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to be on time. strictly enforced
great place to work
CSR/Phone Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ29 September 2017
If you are not in IT, you will love it, as a helpdesk person, missed out on some of the culture there. I saw the overall work place morale, and spirit de corps, was good.
I have no issue with Realogy
Corporate and Field Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX26 September 2017
I don't like the way that my manger handle the way that I was released. I know it was more personal than business.
Nothing else I have to say at this time. I wish Realogy the best and now I must move for the betterment of myself and my family.
Pros
N/a
Cons
40 hours even if you had to work more than 8 hours a day
Ok place to work
Deployment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ25 July 2017
Technical support for deployment of proprietary lead management software for real estate brokers and owners; review of deployed systems for maximum utilization; identify, research and resolve client inquiries; use organizational and communication skills by responding promptly to telephone calls, email and co-worker requests for technical support matters; document, track and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution; advice to brokers on maximizing software utilization.
Pros
Constant interaction with clients
Cons
Lousy compensation. Direct management
productive
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX22 July 2017
I did not like the fact that when I wanted to move up in the company they would move me around so I decided to move myself around. The supervisor I had have her favorite picks.
Pros
lunch almost every week
Cons
micro manage
Senior Director, IT (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ21 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at Realogy. I held various roles over the years and learned from professionals in various cross functional teams. I would highly recommend Realogy.
Demeaning environment with complete lack of organization
Property Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX9 June 2017
A typical day at work included fast paced work learning to prioritize at a new level depending on need or request. Management is not supportive or encouraging and all about what you can do for them. They do not care the least bit if you are overburdened. They only care if the numbers look right, so they will look good. Essentially, the job entails making money for others and you will be just a number. They do not respect women and do not value education. The hardest part was trying to get everything done in a day and the most enjoyable part of the job was the rare, but appreciative Tenants and Owners who valued a detailed, personable, and educated professional who had their best interests at heart.
very independent atmosphere for IT desktop support
Desktop Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA30 May 2017
A typical day consist of making appointments and meeting with end users all around the Bay Area to assist with printing issues, email setups and new PC setups. A big benefit from this job was that I was able to learn and navigate Mac OS's and different Mac Products that I didn't have much experience with. The most enjoyable part of my job is fixing issues for end users and seeing smiles and relief on their faces.
Pros
sometimes we got free lunch and I was pretty much able to make my own schedule.
Cons
i put a lot of ware and tear on my car.
Fortune 500 with new impressive headquarters in beautiful New Jersey Suburb close to NYC
Director of Development - Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ2 May 2017
I was based in the field, meaning I was only at the greater NYC headquarters once or twice a month. A typical week for me involves domestic travel to meet with Owner/Brokers, Developers, Architects, Construction Managers, Interior Designers,and Politicians. I focused on Site Selection for new offices, and all necessary due diligence involved in the process. I cultivated relationships from 'Cradle to Grave', and once the offices were opened, I transitioned into Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures with other culturally aligned companies within that region. We provided internal financing to help companies acquire and grow market share.
Realogy
Consultant through Addison Group (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ27 March 2017
By far this is the worst place I have ever worked. No one talks to anyone and people are very rude. This is an open space environment and there are not enough conference rooms so you have to have your call right next to other people.
Pros
Cons
Bad Culture
Don't Work Here and Do Not Invest!!!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ27 February 2017
Authoritarian CEO

Wall Street Shell Game / Ponzi Scheme

Treat Brokers, Employees, Vendors Like Trash

Took on over $6B in debt when they went private in mid-2000's and have been breaking the backs of their employees and brokers to recover ever since.

The business model relies on old, outdated economic model of charging the consumer 5% commission regardless of home listing price then collecting fees from their brokers.

The culture is sick, everyone is afraid of the next round of cuts as the leadership tries to convince their tech investments are somehow going to magically create a "real" company out of this holding company. If you can find a more unqualified management team, they are probably already out of business.

This company is dead man walking and any investor, employee, broker / agent still working for them is either getting taken for a ride or will be in the near future.
Pros
Brokers, Staff
Cons
Management, Vision, Business Model, Leadership, Ethics, Hostile Work Environment
Analyst
FP&A Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ8 December 2016
The best part of the work day is it always goes by so quickly. It can be fun and challenging and keeps you on your toes. Co-workers are great and supportive as is the mgmt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realogy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9