RealNetworks

RealNetworks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable creative enviorment where I was able to grow
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle WASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great benifits and time off
Cons: lack of comunication.
During a typical day at work I answered and routed incoming calls to the appropriate person, greeted guests, helped them sign into the badging system and contacted their host, answered employees' questions from where things were located to how to book a conference room in calendar. I also took on any additional work that my team members needed help – more... with.
I learned a lot about the interworking's of a building since I worked in facilities. I also learned about the relationships between different departments and how they work together to keep a company running smoothly.
Management changed a couple of times during my employment. Some were more helpful and better communicators than others. They were all fair and good managers in my experience.
Dealing with upset customers over the reception phone. This was because I was not able to help them.
The people there are amazing. Both the employees and most of the guests. It was a very happy place to work. I tried to keep the reception area an inviting and low stress area so that people can start their day on a positive note. – less
This company has an awesome culture!
HRIS Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 6, 2014
I really love the people at this company. My everyday life is to give 100% with ultimate customer service. The management makes sure that we are communicated on the happenings of the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing employees with great service.
Interesting
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2014
It was interesting to work there. I learned lot of new technologies and lessons working there.
Good technology, poor use of my skills
Product Manager Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2013
Interesting internship opportunity while getting my MBA. They didn't make good use of my talents or skills however. My manager was traveling and out of the office most of the time I was there that summer.
good one
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2013
Developing BI Queue Reader and data transforming based on Teradata and Oracle using JAVA/J2EE based EDW/BI system (Zabbix+Teradata+Oracle+SonicMQ) for Real Networks.
Fun place with nice people but declining business
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2012
Pros: lunchroom with subsidized lunches, waterfront location
Cons: lay-offs
It is a friendly place to work with people who like each other and collaborate. There is mobility within the company.
A company with a lot of great intelligent people and a ton of areas to work in
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2012
A company that is invested into many areas, which provides a lot of opportunity to stretch and grow
Some great parts to the business and super people, as long as Seattle isn't included...
Network Operations Eng III,System Adm,Tech Writer (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: reston team, including team and management
Cons: all things seattle
The location in VA experienced great growth and had golden years as WiderThan (formerly Ztango). WTA had attributes that made it a fantastic place to work, and attractive enough for a hostile takeover to take place from corporate Real in Seattle. The positive benefit like a free Rhapsody account was a nice perk, though pales in comparison to the balance – more... of the equation. My team and department and managers up through the WTA CEO were outstanding and are solidly referable, and would work with and assemble as a team again. RealNetworks at the home office took a diamond and threw it in a pile of sh t, thoroughly tarnishing a once-sound business. That approach doesn't give you a pile of diamonds, just a sh t-covered diamond.
How many CEO's have transitioned through and how's the timeline on the stock price shaped over the past few years? Search RNWK under google finance to see for yourself- – less