Summary of role:
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to cross-train and build on previous knowledge. Candidates must have extensive experience with one or more of the following HP software tools. Candidates must have hands-on consulting experience in creating strategies and implementing ITIL solutions using best practices and proven methodologies.
Reporting directly to the General Manager; there will be two main responsibilities associated with this role.
- To provide support to the sales processes for development and demonstrations of HP Enterprise Software Suite focusing on: HP ITSM Offerings, HP BSM, HP Data Center Automation, HP Server and Network Automation and Asset Management and Software Asset Management (SAM) related solutions, proof of concepts, estimates, proposals and other artifacts required throughout the sales cycle.
- To accomplish successful implementation of our solutions to our clients as well as the maintenance and support of these solutions. Additionally, Technical consultants will establish credibility and serve as a trusted advisor internally to RealIT Management associates and our clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To engage, strategize, and team with account managers and partners in various sales situations developing innovative and competitive customer solutions based on RealIT Management services, with primary focus on HP products;
- Become an active member of billable projects involving one or more of the solutions that RealIT offers.
- Ensure that business requirements of customers and prospects are clearly understood, translated, and architected into RealIT Management solutions;
- Actively participate in the RFP/RFI/RFQ process.
- Promotes HP products in the assigned territory by being product evangelist;
- Carries out business requirements studies and proofs of concepts;
- Conducts customer presentations and product demos;
- Oversees the entire life cycle of the project including presales, demos, POC, go live, and up-sell;
- Create or assist in the creation of document templates including reusable content that are related to any implementation projects.
- Lead and/or manage implementation activities where appropriate.
- Coordinate and respond to Request for Proposals as needed, regardless of the geography the RFP is for.
- Help resolve issues that have been escalated from RealIT support.
- Participate in Company’s activities and other duties as appropriate.
- Travel within the assigned region is required;
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree;
- The ideal candidate should be of degree caliber or equivalent experience in lieu;
- 5-10 years technical experience in designing, implementing and deploying HP and/or other software applications across a variety of platforms;
- Experience in technical consultative selling and account management is a definite asset;
- Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry
- Experience in various vertical industry preferred
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of HP's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies;
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions an asset;
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects;
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology;
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges;
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives;
- Reputation for being a team player, results oriented, organized and responsible;
- Ability to work well and stay calm whilst under pressure and stress;
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset;
- Clear and precise written and oral communication skills;
- Canadian Citizen;
Knowledge and technical background experience:
- Experience in using or deploying various HP software products (such as Network Node Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager, Asset Manager, Business Service Management, legacy Mercury products, etc.);
- Experience in implementing ITIL processes (Incident, Configuration, Change, Problem, Release, Service Request Catalogue, Service Level Management);
- Hands on development experience with scripting and programming in various languages (Java, VB, C, C++, Unix shell, Powershell, etc.);
- Hands on familiarity with some of the following: MSSQL 2005 or later, Oracle 10 or later;
- Exposure to relevant technology covering one or more of the following: SNMP, WMI, WBEM;
- Exposure to System administration for Windows, Linux, and Unix servers;
- ITIL v3 certified
- HP Certified Integration Specialist or System Engineer
What do we offer
- The challenge of meaningful work - our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills;
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
What do we expect from you
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact - turning your passion into action;
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work and your life, regardless of your role;
- A spirit of collaboration - you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities;
- A pragmatic and commercial mindset that understands the challenge of sustainability.
Indeed - 7 months ago