Part-Time Accountant Needed.
With a strong local presence, we are one of the leading professional property management, real estate and investment providers in Edmonton. Our team of professionals provides clients with a full range of management and advisory services. We are looking for an eager and dynamic accountant with 2 or more years of experience to help facilitate future growth.
Job Purpose / Scope:
This role will initially begin as a part time position and will evolve into a full-time accounting position. The individual will oversee the compilation of monthly financial statements for numerous condominium corporations.
This role will prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Generating monthly reports and performing monthly account reconciliation
- Responding to transaction inquiries and reviewing accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies
- Responding to customer inquiries
- Setting up projects in customer management system
- Processing journal entries and ensuring appropriate support documentation is provided
- Performing a variety of general accounting tasks
- Ensuring internal control processes are followed accordingly
- Preparing monthly and year-end reporting and periodic statistical reports
- Ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
- Experience in operational and accounting and variance analysis
- Financial statement monthly reporting
- Creating budgets
- Implementing processes and controls
- Cash flow management
Education and skills
- An accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) and previous experience in full cycle accounting with a minimum 2 years of experience is required. Experience in property management would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with office and accounting software, Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of an integrated management software would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of theories and generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with an accounting firm would be an asset
- Analytically minded
- Integrity and thoroughness
- Negotiating skills
- Good teamwork and personnel management skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent remuneration package for the right individual.
As we continue to expand our operations, there will be opportunities to grow into new roles within the firm and help to create an exciting work environment that promotes personal and professional growth.