Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON15 November 2017
I started as a meat clerk and within my 1st year I was offered meat cutter training. The have an employee stock benefit plan and colleague discount card. The meat department is fast and challenging, with lots of lifting. but overall good work
Pros
employee stock benefit plan and colleague discount card
Cons
lots of lifting
Bad Company
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC11 November 2017
They are real jerks. Both my sons worked for them. we all had bad experiences. I would never shop in their stores or recommend them to others. Very shady. You don't have to go far to hear bad things
Pros
Cons
everything
A balanced workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 November 2017
The workplace was enjoyable with fun colleagues and enjoyable management , unfortunately I am unable to continue work there as the hours are too late.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Late Hours
was part time job
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 November 2017
This was a good place to start my job history it was a new experience and a very good one. The only thing that became a little hard was scheduling. Working all afternoons was hard with a family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
1 hour unpaid break
co-workers were great
Click and Collect (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 November 2017
Not enough training, wasn't for me
best part was having the co-workers there to help you throughout the day.
Good experience for retail
Most customers were very ungrateful for not being able to help them
Very friendly, accepting atmosphere. Positive work environment with good standards.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON6 November 2017
Everyone is very humble and communicates well with others not only in a single department but all through it. Lots of support and help is offered if required. Very understand memebers of seniority.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Coordinator for Cooking school (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 November 2017
Wonderful place to work! At lest once a month they hold food tastings for staff and they have a wonderful staff room with TV's sofas and lockers. I always felt welcome at work.
Overnight shift
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 November 2017
Slow work, night shift is tiring but it pays the bills. The people there were cool, and you did not need to wear a uniform. The supervisors were always around if you needed help or any questions.
Depends on your boss
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2017
You work incredibly hard for what feels like not nearly enough pay. The atmosphere is fun, and I love my coworkers and especially my boss, but the admins aren't always the best.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, union
Cons
Exhausting
Why I would like to find other work.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 October 2017
The Real Canadian Superstore are okay jobs, I say okay because I was getting good hours 8:30 - 5:00, Tuesday-Saturday but the thing was is that it felt like I was being relied on like a full timer with amount of tasks I was doing and I was actually doing 40hours a week like a full timer but I am only getting paid as a part timer $11.40/hr so I decided that if I was going to be paid as a part timers I will be a part timer so I cut my hours to 24 hours a week so that I could give my self time to look into other job opportunities.
Pros
Easy to get to, clean enviornment.
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work.
real canadian superstore
General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC27 October 2017
they have health benefits. work 5 days a week and work more than 9 hours a day. need to work 12 hours a day even to finish task. multitasking most of the time and stressful situation at most
Pros
free food
Cons
not a good place to work for
stocker, real canadian superstore. (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 October 2017
The Real Canadian Superstore is a horrible place to work for, their management team treat their employees like garbage, it is not worth working there.
Overall well
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 October 2017
It was overall a good work environment and likeable job as well as salary wages. But for the most part I did not like the people I worked with and my management was not very understanding or cooperative within my workable hours.
it was okay
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 October 2017
bad management but some good co workers. theyre terrible at scheduling proper amounts of workers for busy days and cut corners every chance possible..
Pros
free holiday lunch
Cons
everything else
Very kind co workers and management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 October 2017
The management is always friendly and willing to help. The co workers and very friendly and very passionate about the work place. Over all a very good experience working at Real Canadian Superstore.
Pros
kind workers
Cons
poor scheduling
Enjoying work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2017
I learn most of thing here for my future job.
I learn system,personality,communication and respect.
supervisor and manager are good.
i enjoy working in this company.
Real Canadian SuperStore
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2017
Fun place to work in. As a produce clerk I stock up and maintain all raw and fresh foods ( fruits and vegetables ). I learned about urgency for everything in my department is perishable and must be attended at all times.
Cart Clerk
Floor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 October 2017
Position collection carts and returning the carts inside the store Helping the customers carry out doing sleeping log and return for lost and found
Hard working and welcoming atmosphere but just wasn't for me
General Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Good place for people who don't mind working with heavy material/ work well under pressure. However this was not for me. My skills didn't apply here. While the people were great even if I wasn't I just couldn't match the expectations of the managers. I felt like I was good at what I did some days, but most days I felt like I needed to switch back to a place where my knowledge could be better used into something I was more interested in. Likes books.

Overall a good place but not for me.
Pros
Great Co-Workers and a respectable manager.
Cons
Could not complete tasks due to lack of skills.
Communication Issues
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
To many managers and to many different messages from each one leading to overall confusion. At times its feels that there is a disconnect between the stores and upper management