Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB #154617 February 2017
I worked at the then "new" Superstore and staff/management were easy to get along with. Scheduling time off around kindergarten outings made really easy
Pros
flexible shifts
Average Job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON17 February 2017
Nothing special, day goes by pretty fast on nights stocking shelfs. Pay is awful considering you work 40 hours a week like a full time employee but they consider you part time so you get paid 12 an hour instead of full time employee pay at 20. Decent job compared to whats out there in terms of how hard the job is.
Great work life balance and wonderful colleagues
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 February 2017
Great management and work/life balance. If you want to move up within the company you will have plenty of opportunity to do so. Plus you get free meals every so often.
Great Co-workers
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON14 February 2017
Great coworkers, hard work if you like lifting, it is for you. Don't expect to get rich but you will learn a lot. Coworkers are the best part of the job. wage starts at minimum however.
Pros
get paid weekly
Cons
managemant
Fun workplace, Great people
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
Your typical grocery store environment. The people there are great to work with, and there's lots of events always happening. Aside from management blunders from time to time, its an awesome place to work..
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  51 Gerry Fitzgerald Drive.11 February 2017
Learned many new tasks, from planograms, to using the SAP system, customer sevice skills, merchandising, expiry date rotation and label and signage making. Hardest part would be the labor and the enjoyable part is the work environment and the people that I work with. A typical day at work consisted of doing returns, restocking, putting up labels and making missing labels and completing planograms and rotations in a timely manner. Management is very accommodating to your availability
Pros
Events and environment
Cons
Not enough salary for part timers
Good job, nice people!
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 February 2017
Great job for students, part-time work. Shift premium for overnight shifts although hard physical work for pay rate. Poor scheduling and hours management. All benifits you are promised never seem to show up. You have to bug them and keep reminding them. Some managers are really nice, considerate and fun to work with.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
False benifits, not enough hours
Fun place to work and a Great first job!
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
The average day at work depends on the time you are working.

Mornings:Mostly labeling (new prices are put into the system overnight and are printed in the morning) and also putting out the morning load.

Afternoons: Mostly working skids of product onto the shelves or any other tasks that the manager gives ex. Changing aisles for new seasons, reducing DNO products (items that no longer have a home on the shelves), etc.

Evenings: Clean-up (Facing and Returns) so the store is nice and tidy for the next day.

Overall the job is not too difficult and with kind management and employees it makes it an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Almost always stuff to do
Cons
Open early and Close late
Amazing people to be around, great management
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 February 2017
A typical day in the work place is making sure everything is well stocked on the shelf, if holes they could be filled but if no stock to fill it is ordered for next shipping day, cleaning the departments (front facing) so it looks nice and tidy for the customers. I learned to be a people person, made friends who became a little family to me outside of home life and learned what my limits were. Management is awesome, get along great and really know how to make a place home and make you feel welcomed and understood and are always on top of situations. The hardest part of the job is basically lifting the heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part is being there helping someone with their needs and having support by your coworkers and building relationships with everyday customers.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and friendly staff/management
Cons
Wage does not go up that much, less hours
Organize and restock shelves
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
The day starts with retrieving misplaced or returned items found at the customer service desk. After determining the items are available for resale, they are placed back on shelves along with the daily new stock. Typically, one to two palate full of items are brought out to the floor to be shelved. Endcaps are often changed or moved around to either display promoted items or accommodated for backstock. Engaging and diffusing customer problems are frequent while facing the items in aisles are done throughout the entire shift.
enjoy to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 February 2017
in my 14 months working as a part time in superstore, I really enjoyed it dealing with the customers is my main responsibility. assisting with their needs.
Real Canadian Superstore
Temporary Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 February 2017
The Real Canadian Superstore is a wonderful place to work for. The hours are very flexible and you work with wonderful colleagues. The Management team is very helpful in there way of making sure the customer is happy and the employees are always coming into work with a smile and wanting to do there shift.

A typical day at work for me is going in and seeing what is new for the day that needs to be done. Usually talking to each colleague about what has happened before my shift has started and what is needed to be done for the rest of the day so i am caught up with what has been done.
Pros
Employee Lunches, Good Colleagues to work with.
work
Customer Service/Cashier/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 February 2017
The Real Canadian Superstore is a great place to work, perfect for students and someone who just needs to get out of the house. They have good benefits and have flexible scheduling.
Wouldn't work here again
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2017
The job itself was brutal. The store's management never had proper answers and only band aid solutions. Perks for working there where lackluster and the job itself never left me feeling fulfilled.
Team was very helpful
GM Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC31 January 2017
Good company to work for lots of great charities. Flexible work scheduler. Management seemed stressed or that they work too hard.
I was an over night stock person, way too much work to get done in 4 hours, if stock did not come in on time.
Very multi-culture got to meet lots of amazing team members who are from all parts of the world.

The job i was doing was just not for me.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
hourly wage and takes forever to get to next pay raise
Let Go Just Before Probation Was Over
Housewares (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 January 2017
Poor company to work for. Let me go just before my probation was over. Have me no warning. Called me in on my last shift and said I was to slow. No one had mentioned this to me before. I always got my assigned work done and more. Really needed this job and now I'm unemployed and not sure why. Help!
Cons
No guidance
always a busy place and plenty tasks to keep busy during a shift
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 January 2017
rcs is a decent place to work, and always busy in the produce area. all though even that it is union and a secure job, most workers only get 21-27 hrs are given to most people there.
Pros
they provide lunch once a month for everyone working, and most days there are snacks such as veggiesn dips, fruits and nuts provided in the lunch room.
Cons
not enough hours to make ends meet.
Many different areas of opportunity
Grocery Replinishment (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
I have been with this store from 2009. There is plenty of room for advancement and transfers within the store. If you are looking for something different you are always given the opportunity to find something that fits you
Pros
10% employee discount, competitive wages, stock options, flexible scheduling
Cons
Full time/part time privilege discrepancies
General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2017
Everything i have done at superstore has been good. i worked with a bunch of co-worker
Learned how to change labels
Stocked shelves with items
Friendly customers and co-workers
The hardest part of my job was the amount of customers i dealt with on top of my workload
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Working at superstore was a great opportunity. I learned a lot about customer service and enjoyed working with others. The hardest part of the job was communication with customers who didn't speak English fluently. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with others and helping customers. I also enjoyed achieving goals, such as scanning a large amount of items in efficient time.
Pros
Good salary, fair break time, good benefits
Cons
Standing on feet

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location