Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

productive day at superstore
Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2016
learned how to deal with angry customers in a reasonable fashioned way, tried to satisfy there need and leaving them a happy and satisfied customer. Always kept our work area, cash lane neat and clean for there customer to be satisfied and not feel disgusted coming into a dirty isle. Breaks were mostly on time unless it was very busy but no longer then a additional 1 hour wait due to short staff
Pros
easy to work with people making the job environment much more positive
Cons
Enjoyable place with interesting people
Superstore- Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 13, 2016
Days were busy with a lot of different things to do. We had to complete our duties which were assigned by the manager in between customers. I learned a lot about food handling and customer service. I really enjoyed my co-workers, although they changed often. We went through a lot of co-workers that were hired and left soon. The most difficult part of the job was time-management. Completing all the duties, customer service, and cleaning by the end of the day is difficult. Team work was always appreciated to avoid working past closing.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
Very busy sundays, too many different coworkers
Fun, enjoyable, reliable workplace
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2016
I love working at The Real Canadian Superstore. On a typical day I am helping customers find products, answer calls, assist colleagues and supervise cashiers.

My co-workers like to keep the working environment fun and enjoyable, we like to laugh and joke around with customers to make them feel welcome and give them that family feel.

Most enjoyable part of my work is that I get to learn about new products and help customers and service customers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unfortunately now is not a fun place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
GM Clerk (part time) (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 3, 2016
When I started to work at Superstore I enjoyed to work there. They let me organizing the shelfs and let me use my brain how we can made the store look nicer, they were very thankful for my hard work. Now they changed the manager and my job is just facing , no thinking just like a robot facing.They even cat back very badly the ours because I cant work any time. That is very sad :(
Cons
short ours
Productive work environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work would be walking around the store, finding products we where low on and refilling them. I learned how to keep myself busy at all times as well as time management.

the toughest part of my job was dealing with costumers who where always after me for discounts because I was a new employee. What I enjoyed most about this job was the friendly work environment my co-workers provided.
Pros
Prductive workplace, friendly staff.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and very Friendly environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 23, 2016
This job really helped me gain the customer service and communication skills I needed to excel in future work places. It was my first actual job other than a paper route and it was an overall amazing experience. I enjoyed coming in everyday and never refused a call in. I would definitely work in a bakery again if the position ever came along.
Pros
Socially/Emotionally Beneficial
Cons
n/a
Very unclean work space with very little time for employees
Cashier/Courtesy WestKelowna (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 25, 2016
a very dirty work enviroment with very rude management, every day when you went in youd see the slumly looks on everyones faces as they moped over to theyre tills to begin the day, and I only have ever heard of very very few cashiers ever getting raises of anything more than 5 cent
Pros
Cons
the physical state of the store will leave your immune system ill
Normal working, too much talking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at my job consisted of walking in, not getting greeted and scanning through customers items. I've learned the skill to handle irrational customers. I found the store to be too big and they hired way to many people as to where my hours got cut. Co-workers are only friendly with there "groups" of workers. The hardest part of my job would be having to deal with angry customers with the anxiety I have but I'm progressively getting better. The most enjoyable part to my day was seeing all the smiling kids every time I were to compliment them.
Cons
breaks at the beginning of the shift, cut to a minimum of 8hrs a week, to much group talking including supervisors
First job First love.
Dairy/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2016
Loved working for superstore, it was around the time i had just finished high school and a lot of friends working there helped develop a strong relationship with me and work. Enjoyed every minute of my job up until I sought more compensation in terms of pay.
Pros
Free lunches were given every once in a while which was nice.
Cons
alot of staff changes caused for a weak bond, employees to supervisors at least
Great first job!
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONJune 18, 2016
I was hired on as a cashier at Real Canadian Superstore when I was 15. It was my first job ever, and I was far from a perfect employee. Working at RCS taught me respect and patience for others, how to handle money and perform brief security checks on customers (Looking into reusable bags, watching for suspicious behavior, etc.), and how to be an efficient/self-improving worker.
Pros
Free food and great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
A great place to work
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 21, 2016
Everyday in my previous job was a challenging day for me.
I have learned and improved my time management skills and also have improved my communication skills.
My co-workers were really helpful and understanding with me and I am a best team worker.
The hardest part of my job was to complete my work on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I finish my tasks before the time.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 23, 2016
I really enjoy the rush that come with working with this company. Getting customers through the checkout quickly and efficiently as well as ensure the customers satisfaction of their shopping experience is the main goal of all cashiers. I greatly enjoy the customer service aspect that applies to this cashier position.
Pros
Break Time is enough to take a breather
Cons
N/A
high stress, very busy
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCSeptember 17, 2016
store was very busy
had a hard time keeping good staff
not enough pay to keep them since going to a 2 tiered pay scale
always cutting hours

co workers made job enjoyable
learned a lot about customer service
always had good supervisors in my department
Pros
full time, good holidays, good benefits
Cons
very heavy work load with few hours given
Very productive and good place to work
General Services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 26, 2016
A typical day a work was good, I usually always had something to do, until the middle of the day because i did all my duties around the store. I learned how to run a floor machine. Management was good. I never had any problems with my co-workers, we always got along well. There wasnt really any hard part to my job, it was fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i got to walk around and talk with customers.
Pros
It was fairly easy
Cons
I didnt like cleaning bathrooms
Productive, fun and a hardworking environment
Cashier and Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMay 20, 2016
I have learned a lot about customer service, working on a cash lane and most importantly keeping customers happy. The management worked hard and listened to the requests of the employees on things that could make work better. The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be dealing with angry customers just because you don't want them to be angry you always want to leave a customer happy and satisfied, but the best part of the job would have to be the relationships that you build with you colleges as well as the frequent shoppers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Angry Customers
Suitable for a student with no work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 19, 2016
I find that supervisors lack respect for employees (reprimanding you in front of customers at your cash register). In your training, you are told a number of things that would generally not be allowed. But when it comes time to practice these store policies, they let customers get away with it. It makes you look like an idiot in front of said customer.

You do get benefits part-time and I enjoyed a number of my co-workers. But the company as a whole needs to make improvements with management.
Pros
Good customer service experience and part time benefits.
Cons
Poor management, rude supervisors and low wages. You also have to work weekends and evenings frequently.
Day to Day simple task given
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
Given task and report when finished. Many of the task given was not physically demanding nor intensive. I enjoyed the repetitiveness of the job, of sorting and organizing. Interations with customers was always a welcome, directing them to certain aisles for their general
Pros
Time allotted for lunch/ break
Would never recommend anyone work here
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 16, 2016
One of the worst places to work. Management are awful to their employees, Store manager is extremely greedy to not give anyone hours, favoritism is what they recognize at all times, never hard work. And the union representation for everyone is just as awful as management. You're basically paying union dues for them not to do their jobs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out and going home.
Cons
Management, Union representation.
Productive and fun workplace
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be filling dairy with products that are needed to be stocked as well at the grocery department. I trade the empty milk crates with full ones. As well as the eggs. I stock the shelves and make sure everything in the grocery is organized and neat. I have learns to give great customer assistance, deal with difficult situations, work well with my co-workers and many more, The hardest part of working is working alone, you can not get as much things done as you need to with only one colleague. I enjoy working with everyone, I get alone with all my colleagues and we occasionally have BBQ's and snacks from the bakery and other departments.
Pros
Free Lunchs occasionally
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice workplace where co-workers helped each other and now my previous co-wokers are my friends
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 29, 2016
The Real Canadian Superstore was like a family to their employees because they did annual parties and celebrations to acknowledge our work ethics.
Cons
Bad weather conditions, and we were not allowed to come inside the store sometimes

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location