Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

A flexible and comfortable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
As a cashier, the best part of the job was interacting with the costumers. I really enjoyed the repetition aspect of this work. The hardest part of the job was being able to compromise with customers who did not understand price matching. Although, there was lots of support from other staff that made coping with this easy.
Good environment
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 April 2017
Great environment to be around, and also great people to work around, I just think that Superstore should have a higher wage for these hard workers who spend their time running the Company.
Pros
Cheap chocolate
Cons
Wage
Unprofessional and disrespectful
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
Everyone talks about other workers behind their backs. The salary was just okay, not the best. Way too many politics went on and supervisors were hiring other supervisors' family on purpose!
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Long hours, too many creepy shoppers
Fun but hard tasks
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC18 April 2017
My opinions are all over the place for this job. Some days it would be really fun working there because some customers would brighten your day with their kindness but some managers were moody and they would yell at you for no reason some times... I learned how to price check when customers say "Oh but on the shelf it said this price." Management was horrible. I can't stress it enough. You get horrible hours and don't get me started on the pay. Hardest part was bringing in carts back inside when it gets busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly clocking out.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
horrible pay
very busy place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON17 April 2017
we are one big happy family
And we all work to the best of our abilitly

salary its ok
Management -never on the same page and they dont go by the book

we have to wait so long for our benefits

there is never a balance
Pros
store outings
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2017
My typical day working at Real Canadian Superstore, was some times fun, Fun because of the different personnel's are come in contact and across with, and my fellow co-workers.I learned a lot but with my colleagues and the customers. But the most important thing i learned working there was building a healthy relationship,How to multi-task, making friends and having the opportunity of being part of a loving and caring family. The managing team were friendly, hardworking, punctual and good at ensuring that everyone does what he/she is expected to do.
Pros
No complains
Cons
A lot of responsibility and multi tasking is required
entry level is good
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 April 2017
If you like work in a fast and mess store, yes this is your dream job. If you want to be work into bones, yes, you found one. Some of co-workers are super nice and friendly. But , not the boss.
Pros
Steady income, benefits
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 April 2017
Fine place to work at. Is that enough for you? I guess not. Interesting they make you write lots words here and if you don't do it they won't let you pu
Pros
Fine
Cons
Fine
It was a great experience for me as my first actual job
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2017
A typical day at work would include clocking in, getting to my till, work for 2.5 hours before a 15 minute break. After that I would work until my shift was over. The management was not quite very well as most cashiers had trouble with the supervisors. The hardest part was the fast pace of my tasks while performing them with perfection.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Bad management
Long term employees under appreciated
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Asst,Supervisor10 April 2017
Not a very good company to work for. There is zero appreciation for time served. I have never seen a place with such major workplace politics. Really only good as a starter job to gain some experience.
Not the best place
Calgary - Produce Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shawnessy, AB6 April 2017
Superstore was not my favorite place to work at but provides good options for students. i worked there in high school and they were very good at giving me time to study and focus on school when needed. One of my mangers unfortunately did not like me and put stress on my work.
Great team working coworkers
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
Working here for 4 years have but nothing but FUN and enjoyable!

Management team was awesome as well as meeting new people and chatting with customers was a great experience to have
Productive and fast paced work enviroment. Good work/life balance.
Front End Manager & Store Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 April 2017
A typical day at work was very fast paced and dynamic. I had several duties to maintain therefore I had to be very organized. I learned a lot of skills that has been beneficial to my careers.
Pros
Good work/life balance, Paid holidays, Benefits.
Cons
Shift work, graveyards
A great place to work with great benifits and coworkers
Night Crew Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2017
Great place to start working at. I was doing night shifts and that part of it was the hardest. Unloading skids full of product and having peace and quiet while doing the work was the best part and made it all so much worth the long hours and waking up at 5pm everyday. getting used to the night shift was difficult and I had to quit due to that, but hey I met a lot of friends while working there and also found alot of great deals too while working my aisles. So working nights is not for everyone.
Pros
Learned valuable inventory, stocking and mercahndising skills that ive had to use in all my jobs
Cons
Hard work, tough managers
Amazing coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 April 2017
Amazing people to work with. Amazing customers! A little confusing with the lay out where everything is but overall a great place! Great prices too it's amazing.
Not Bad, But Certainly Not Good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC1 April 2017
While the work environment is nothing challenging, herein lies the greatest flaw. The pace of work is monotonous and any challenges are far more tedious than actually difficult. Furthermore, due to the unionized nature of the position, opportunities for advancement in position or wage are not dictated by ability or effort, but rather simply by time spent in a position. These attributes provide a work atmosphere that is best represented by a concrete wall. Not inherently dangerous, but not inherently helpful.
Pros
Unionized attribute makes getting fired very hard.
Cons
Extremely monotonous, position lacks all sense of individuality.
very bad management
Joe Fresh Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC30 March 2017
very bad management. very rude and not understanding what so ever. complete disregard to personal problems and incapacities to do many things. they over work you alot and the recompense is very slight.
Fun and relaxing
Warehouse Receiving (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 March 2017
Working in warehouse receiving was fun due to the people I worked with. Everyday was fast paced and always busy as we had dozens of deliveries per day for clothing, furniture, produce, other foodstuffs and plenty of other goods.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Physically tiring
Overall good place to work for a student
SAP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 March 2017
They offer flexible hours to meet with your schedule. Managers are willing to discuss changes if they come up suddenly. Depending on the department you are given the opportunity to learn new aspects of the job and have a possibility to advance further in the company.
Paid events
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC21 March 2017
Fast paced and goal driven. Bonus paid for performance. Freedom within a framework. Yearling paid conferences. Flexibility scheduling and paid holidays.
Pros
Expenses paid
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Canadian Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location