Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

Good people
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 May 2017
Management is not perfect, but generally a good place to work. I really enjoy the people I work with. Good benefits if you work the right amount of hours.
Flexible hours, clean and safe environment
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 May 2017
A typical day at work included cleaning, food prep, and maintaining food displays. Employees were kind and helpful when adjusting into a new position.
Pros
Opportunities for other positions
Cons
Minimal staff available during shifts
professional &friendly envoirnment to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 May 2017
I am happy with my job.
Excellent work environment.
I really enjoy interacting, dealing and helping customers..
Management is co-operative.
Its a continuous learning experience
Pros
company offers us free lunches quite often
fun they dont give you enough hours and switch your schoulded with out you knowing
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2017
you cant advance unless you work there for years. the hour are really bad hours, unpaid lunch. if you ask for more hours you dont get it. its there way or the highway.
Busy store
Part-time Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 May 2017
I worked there only briefly. People were nice but didn't find the job interesting. Didn't have any orientation or proper training which I think would have helped me like the place better.
independent work and public interactions
Part-time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 May 2017
this job requires you to work with the public which provides much of the daily struggles that go with the job. most of the work is you dealing with the costumers and a bit of interaction with other employees
Productive and Fun Workplace
Apparel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 May 2017
Typical day at work is pretty much just folding and keeping the department neat.
I learned how to manage my own time while being at work, and how to be flexible on my tasks.
My workplace culture is very diverse, everyone is approachable and you don't have to worry when you didn't finish a certain task.
The most enjoyable part of this job is that I was able to make friends with everyone. And everyone is very approachable if something happened in the department that gives us trouble.
Overworked and underappreciated
Price Checker/Runner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
As a price checker my duties extended far beyond my job description. Being at the mercy of the conflicting demands of all departments and people under whom you work is a situation that was not sustainable for me. The unionized culture put the workers at odds with the management often, but at least provided a competitive wage. The most enjoyable part of this job was the reprieve of a break, which split up an otherwise hectic shift.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Workload
terrible place to work
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 May 2017
i would not recommend people to work there. the management is unfair and are bullies. the only good thing about that place is the union protects you and you need it.
Do not recommend
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
the management at most superstore locations do not show the employees any gratitude for there hard work. without us they would be nowhere yet they treat us like we are nothing. they really don't care about any of there employees well being. head office only considers us as numbers and not people.
safe and a hands on community
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Working at superstore could be difficult at times but majority of the time the task is easy. I learned time management and how to greet customers. every month my manager buys pizza for all the staff to show his gratitude.
Pros
free food once a month
Cons
overnight
Fun place with cool head staff
Stocker ; Customer service (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK14 May 2017
I love working at superstore. The managers and supervisors are too good. The work hours are flexible and according to emoloyee's demand . Good co-worker staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
feces
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 May 2017
big store, managers arent organized that much, dont count on getting free lunches, pay isnt that goodm discount is terrible, co workers are nice though
Pros
Cons
everything
It was decent
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Not bad not great just a decent place to start working as a teen
The management was okay
The employees didn't like working there so the job culture wasn't THAT great
Perfect first job
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 May 2017
This was my first job ever and it helped me come out of my social shell. Before working a till (and later the cash office) I could hardly make eye contact and within 4 years I was able to talk to almost anyone. Sometimes people would get testy with me because of a mistake outside of my control but welcome to retail!

Moved into a cash office position 2 years in and thrived in it. Counted large sums of money and handled every till in the building. Helps establish a good work ethic.
Pros
Good hours, good benefits, decent movement both lateral and upwards.
Cons
Hard to stand in an office 8x8 for 8 hours with little movement and no chairs.
Great environment, not great pay or advancement
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 May 2017
As a student there was great flexability in hours, a great team to work with, and great managers. The downside was the ability to move up in pay due to the union restrictions of only increasing pay by between $0.25-$0.75 every 500 hours. Hours can also really fluctuate, one week you could have 20 hours, the next week you could only have 4-8 hours.
Pros
Great staff, good starting job, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, unreliable hours
Productive work environment with exceptional management
Front-End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2017
Throughout my 3 years at the Oakville location, the Real Canadian Superstore and it's employee has provided myself with an exceptional work experience and have allowed me to progress as an important and productive member to the company. My experience has also given me valuable work knowledge and personal attributes that will allow me to excel in my future opportunities.
its a good work for me
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
I enjoy working at the superstore i meet people i learn lot of things i work as a part time i like there my co worker are nice people .i like packing meat .and sanitize the equipment and clean the place.
pay sucks, management suck, company sucks
Cook/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 May 2017
you are but a number in the company, they give you minimum wage with impossible expectations of production, ridiculously high amount of work to put in for almost nothing's worth of a raise ($0.25/9001hrs) and will never hire you full-time but will make you work 40+ hours for 15 years.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Real canadian superstore
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON1 May 2017
Not a bad job by any means. Just has to be for people who are happy making minimum wage. I don't mind it at all being a student. Great staff, decent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Canadian Superstore. Our community is ready to answer.

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location