Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible and fun atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 30, 2016
Superstore is a great place to gain work experience. It is flexible with hours and you are treated as a valued member of a team.
productive and fun place to work
Produce Associate (Former Employee), British Columbia king George highwayApril 28, 2016
Pros: work individually
Cons: short shifts 2 days a week
5 hour shift, i learned how to handle fruits, i also learned lots about different veggies and fruits. a typical day of working is punching in and go straight to work and finish your side by the end of your shift
Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONApril 27, 2016
My passion for photography really grew during this job. I really enjoyed the constant client interaction for all the services the store provided. There were many obstacles to over come especially during high peaks such as christmas time . Stressful situations were a every day nature at the photo studio but made the day go by a lot faster and kept things interesting and on point.
Productive fun place to work at
HMR/ Cold Deli /Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: employee benefits and discounts
Cons: co-workers
Learned a lot about Food health and safety in a food handling position. Learned about cash handling in a cashier position.
Excellent team work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 20, 2016
It was pleasant working in Superstore because our whole staff had a strong bonding with each other. I really missed my amazing supervisor and my friends.
Limited Hours - Great Supervisors
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
8-13 hrs per week (if you limit your availability) - great benefits - high union dues - set pay increases - hard to advance
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 13, 2016
Other Pharmacies I've worked at had a machine to do some of the sorting and prep. This one unfortunately was not working so everything had to be done by hand. Manager was nice and coworkers were friendly as well.
Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
active environment
grocery stocker (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 13, 2016
Pros: learning new experience
Cons: no promotions and more trainings
starts normal with happiness and ends depending on what happens during the day.
I mostly learned from my own creativity first, and then from mistakes of others.
the hardest time at the job when there is a slow down. that creates pressure on employees to be more than creative. yet, I like it.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when working in a team and everyone is happy and equally contributing to the achievement of the set goal.
very busy envirpnment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Prince George, BCApril 5, 2016
Pros: busy
Cons: not enough hours
was nice to work there, always had something to do, took extra hours or switched shifts to help others out.
learned to package and prep baked goods, I enjoyed it as I liked to by busy.
a very productive and fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 4, 2016
Well i worked at the Real Canadian Superstore i really enjoyed working cash because the staff and customers were always friendly and easy to communicate with. I would say my communication and responsibility skills went up over the few months i worked there.
Respectful work environment
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 3, 2016
Working at superstore is a good first job because it teaches young people how to interact with people and how to depend on yourself. The managers and coworkers are all very kind and help the employees when needed. It is a good place to work and I have worked there for a very long time.
Online Order Processor / Personal Shopper (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 3, 2016
Pros: Union Job
Cons: Sometime less working hours
Currently working part time with Real Canadian Superstore as personal shopper. Gained more knowledge about customer service , cash handling, working in groups
Productive, Fast paced environment, friendly fun co-workers, great manaement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Langford, BCApril 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Real Canadian Superstore. I left on my own terms for personal reasons. Management was awesome an VERY accommodating.
Enjoyed people in my workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Meet new people everyday
Cons: Smelly uniform
Overall I had enjoyed the people I had worked with and also trained, the environment felt like a family/friends area. everyone worked together and not against each other.

In and average day of being there you would have to come in, and start collecting all expired products off the shelf and write them up and depending on the product you would either have to throw them out or keep to send back to the manufacturer. I had learned a lot while being with this company for the years i had spent with them, since it was my first job i had i taught me to be responsible, punctual, honest, and to assist the customers.

The management there were very nice people when they do their rounds of the Store they would stop at every department and see how everyone was doing and to see if any one needed help with anything that was the store manager, the department manager was always around if there was a problem with machinery and had it fixed immediately, They made sure everyone on duty was doing their assigned jobs with in the department they also made sure that our big orders for customers where done on time and the way they were supposed to look. There really wasn't any hard part of the job, the hardest thing was to meet the happiness of a customer meaning if there was something they needed and we did not have at the time other then that the job was just great. I enjoyed every aspect of my job, with the Real Canadian Superstore, i enjoyed the poeple i worked with we were all close in and out of the work area i was very please with the management and how they did their duties, and as for – more... the store managers i liked how they made everyone in the store feel happy with their jobs. – less
Productive and busy work environment
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Kenaston/GrantMarch 28, 2016
Overall a great place to work with great job security and union benefits. Management isnt the greatest, but they allow you to work independently and productively. I learned a lot about work ethic and team work, as well as supervising employees while i was full time.
Fun workplace get to interact with people during the day and night and make new friends
Part-Time Cashier (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 25, 2016
Work is fast paced, lots of customers to deal with some happy and some in a rush have to stay professional, the hardest part of the job is probably the end when you have to clean the cashiers out and make sure everything is clean but other than that everything is great
great place to work, good benifits
Bulk Food Clerk (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 25, 2016
it was great working at Super Store. i learned a lot of things over there. earned very valuable experience. co workers are very helpful.
Positive environment and surroundings with few negative factors that included weather conditions
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2016
The Superstore has been very beneficial in developing my social confidence with both costumer service and peers. Management and co-workers are all very welcoming and comforting. The hardest part of the job is working in the bad weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is entering a positive and enthused environment making my working experience much more enjoyable.
good work place.
Front End Cashier / Tobacco Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
It is a good and secure job with option of full time or part time. Since it is a union job so there is job security. Gaining a lot of customer service experience is the best part. You get to talk to a lot of people, learning how to be a team player etc.
Boring/Stale job, but friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 15, 2016
Job was very boring, same thing everyday. Wasn't very challenging. Forced to stand for hours, unable to walk around. Coworkers were very nice.