Real Canadian Superstore

Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
as customer service experience we meet so many people
Part time Cashier (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Free tea and snacks.
Cons: Good hours
As cashier I think,I learn everyday.How to talk nicely and sometimes funny way with customers just make their day little better. Sometimes we need to have really patience. I enjoy my work.
Good entry level job with fair pay
Meat Sales Associate (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: highly inconsistent amount of hours
- Basic entry level job
- fair pay for type of work
- friendly co-workers
- flexible scheduling
- good management that is easy to talk to
i likeed it when i was there
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches sometimes
Cons: not enough cashiers
was a while ago since i worked there but when i did i liked it good benifits and friendly people they took care of there employees always was snakes and treats in the lunchroom for us
flexibility, but difficult work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 2, 2015
They are generally short of staff, and it's often busy.
Typical of busy customer service oriented workplaces, in that you often get difficult customers.
The pay was terrible and moving up was slow because everyone expect management only gets part time hours (25/week max).
Not bad
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2015
Everyone doesn't enjoy the job, but they still work.
Management is ok, big company too many things to do.
Enjoyable part was the breaks, paid breaks...
Superstore
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2015
The co-workers were always fun to work with. Some managers are not the best to work with, however most were the best managers that I have ever gotten. Each shift was very busy.
Diverse culture
Cashier PT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work: fast-paced environment, diverse culture, and friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job is when you have a dissatisfied or angry customer.
superb working environment,enjoying working hours,full dedication,supportive staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 25, 2015
Pros: positive change in my body language, interpersonal skills and friendly relation
Cons: nothing
weekend are the toughest day to work just only because of rush,but i like doing my work in busy schedule with full dedication,which helps me to interact new people and helps in maintain customer relationships.i always enjoy in providing super appreciable service at work.
decent student job
Joe Fresh Apparel Clerk & Front End Cashier (Current Employee), KitchenerApril 23, 2015
decent student job, not much advancement, lots of evening and weekend shifts. Good job to develop work ethic. Great place to make friends, stay for the people, not for the job
Challenging but Rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee), Grimbsy, OntarioApril 20, 2015
Every day brings a new challenge working in management for Loblaw, but with each challenge comes a reward. I've had the good fortune of working with an incredible team in all stores and continue to learn from each and every colleague I encounter.
cashier/supervisor/office clerk (Current Employee), Leamington, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Sunday morning free doughnuts from Tim Hortons
Real Canadian Superstore is a great place to job. After you have worked there awhile you get 10% discount card that use to purchase and save some money.
it's fun to work with my co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: we have good benefit
Cons: they dont give more hours
most of the time it's fun to work there however sometimes its boring. my co-workers are pretty much fun and encouraging.
I want to come back
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none that I can think of
I want to come back to my old position in salad bar as my travelling will have to be put on hold. I am a compassionate person and when I heard of the shortage in staff, partly due to some health issues of co-workers, I wanted to come back and continue in my old department. I heard about how much I was missed and of how they wanted me back, so I said yes.
Abusive Management and Useless Union Personnel
Store Clerk (Current Employee), torontoApril 4, 2015
Cons: bad management
Superstore is a disgraceful place to work. Management tries to get you to work overtime without pay and the union does little for you when you are treated unfairly. Bakery departments seem to be the worst. If your manager happens to have worked at both the Brampton store and the Weston store...beware! Know your rights and don't trust him even for a minute. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He will try to manipulate management into getting rid of you if he doesn't like you even if you're a hard worker.
Great company to work for
Front End Cashier & Supervisor (Current Employee), Yorkton, SKApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible schdeule, always something to do
Cons: restricted shifts and hours
A typical day would start out with clocking in, then reviewing the schedule board and checking in with the department manager or a supervisor to find which till to operate, or which cashier requires a break. Afterwards, I would oversee the customer service desk, assisting customers with concerns and performing refunds, exchanges, and various other duties such as answering the telephone, and sorting till information (coupons, etc.). At the same time - while overseeing the service desk - I would normally supervise the scan-and-go machines; helping customers check out their purchases themselves.

The most difficult part of the job is counting tills at the end of a day. However the most enjoyable part is interacting with the public.
Productive and friendly working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbApril 2, 2015
At Superstore, I gained additional training on customer service. As, a cashier , I learned about accounts and finances. Superstore had a very friendly and productive working environment
stable hours, valuable customer service experience
Cashier (Current Employee), oakville ontarioApril 1, 2015
Pros: valuable team work and cutomer relations experience
Cons: multiple managers
constantly serving customers.
working in a team environment.
cashing out customer and handling money.
having to adapt to changes such as constant changing of management and rules.
hardest part of the job is finding a way to have every customer leave with a smile.
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the the smiles on a customers face as I helped them pack as well as finding a way to give the kids that came through an educational but fun experience.
another great experiencce was raising so much money for charity while cashing out customers seeing the donation slips cover the walls of customer service when i walked into the store.
management is not good
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 29, 2015
i don't like the supervisors. There is no flexible timings. the work pressure is more and the atmosphere is full of stress. i don't like working there.
Superstore Flow Position
Multi Department Worker (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough shifts
To be a worker in flow means you have to have the knowledge of multiple departments. For me the departments were grocery and dairy. As well on top of that I sometimes had to be the receiver during the day.
Fast paced, easy to adapt.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg MBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Shifts were mostly 5hrs.
Cons: Shifts were mostly 5hrs.
Decent job, mostly just standing on one spot as you type on the register and act like you're interested in the days of the many customers who stop by for a minute or two.
Management was mostly relaxed; work wasn't difficult. Although it became a pain when the old women tried to include/update you on the trending drama of superstore.
Hours are sporadic and scattered; no consistency.

1 2 3 4 5