Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive Environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Grimsby, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Since working in a high-end and high-pace environment, my job provides me with the essentials to provide great service with colleagues and to customers.
I enjoyed the customers and people I worked with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Not enough hours or wage
I had a great time working along side the other cashiers but unfortunately the job didn't provide enough hours or wage to fully support my family.
very good
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 5, 2016
My typical day was coming in and get started for the day, loading up carts with stock to be put out and talking with the supervisor which was the top priority for the day. I learned that if you work as a team everyone gets along and alot of work gets accomplished. The hardest part of the job was pulling pallets when they came off the truck, but it had to be done so we did it.The most enjoyable part of the job was being to help customers and working with the co-workers.
A exciting place to work
Grocery assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: free stuff and vactions
Cons: only because of the union
When working at superstore I felt better then when I was working for McDonald's, but they both employed me for my qualifications and they both made me feel good to work for them, though superstore made more of an expression then McDonald's saying what I've said superstore is a great place to work.
Not a good place to work
Baker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 26, 2016
- rude staff
- did not get obligated breaks
- understaffed
not friendly or repeatable
unreasonable demands
......
overall it is not a good place to work
Productive workplace with engaging and friendly staff
Part-Time HMR Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Generally, I served people hot food of their choice and served people on a cash register. Sometimes, I would get called to the front to open a cash register there to serve people. Sometimes I would also get called to cover someone else's shift in the Cold Deli department.

I learned here how to serve people in the public as well as get some first-hand experience in food and safety.

The management is reasonable and made clear the objectives that were to be achieved.

My co-workers were very friendly and engaging as well as helpful.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with impatient customers, though the vast majority of customers were friendly.

Overall, the job was very good to me.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: paid 15 minutes break
I was the cashier at Real Canadian Superstore, Langley. We were given training about how to scan the items and use the computers and so on. I used to love the scanning part, and i love meeting people and that was in my job so I was happy from my work. We used to greet every customer with a smile, that made me more happy go lucky person in my own life too.
Co-workers were a very good group to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Good management and wonderful employees/customers
Cons: Standing in one place on hours
Working at Superstore was my first admittance to the retail industry. It was nice to be able to talk and interact with the customers as well as getting to know the people you work with even if they aren't in the same department as you. The hardest part of the job wasn't the memorization of codes and products but the long hours of standing in one spot. The management was quite good with sending everyone on lunch or break on time and there wasn't much of cons in the position at all. All in all, quite a good place to work.
Nice People, Productive Workplace
taking care of the carts (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Easy, Learned how to lock all the doors
It was very organized you had to bring all the carts inside and keep it past the green line all times
Good job for students
customer service (Current Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: dental and medical benfits
Cons: low pay
Its a great customer service job to have. The environment was fast pace, and there was a lot of problem solving dealing with customers. The hardest part of the jobs being on your feet all day, and the easiest was being able to talk to clients.
A new experience
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 16, 2016
● Provided customer service by dealing with approximately 100 customers daily with the ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
● Trained and mentored approximately 5 new recruits on specific tasks in respective departments
● Neatly organized and shelved products as shipments arrived on a weekly basis, and safely moved products with basic material handling equipment
The people I worked with were great.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Orleans, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Free lunch some days, Union
Cons: Hours, nights.
I worked for RCSS for just over 4 years from halfway through my high school years, to a little after graduating. The People that I had worked with were great, Made a lot of friends, people/social skills, help and was recognized for my work.
Simple and easy to learn new tasks.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Lot's of hours.
Cons: Very short breaks. 5-10 minutes.
A typical day of work was being welcomed with friendly co-workers and staff.
I learned what it is to be a key part of the assembly team to achieve a common goal.
Management was very engaging and helpful when questions or concerns that needed to addressed.
My co-workers were very helpful when learning new tasks and showed me where I could learn these tasks on my own when I was alone.
The hardest part of the job was probably cooping with the very short breaks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and getting to know them on a first name basis and also seeing to their needs on a day to day basis.
Productive, fun, and action
PT Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 6, 2016
The shift starts with meeting customers and greeting them. I learned to start in time and finish in time. sometimes I had fun with my co-workers, supervisors, and the Front End Manger, they were really fantastic group.
Management in Superstore is really accurate, very organized, and fair.
The hardest part that when I was leaving and I found the concerns in the eyes of my supervisor, that was hard for me to leave people that so good in person.
I enjoyed to work at Superstore, and I hope to find a job in Superstore once again.
it was great
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
my typical night was stocking shalves. ppl i work with nice. the hardest part about my job was learing all the diff elis it was a big store. most enjoyable part of my job was learning the diff proudcut
It is what you make of it
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 14, 2015
Pros: fun, fast pace environment
Cons: not enough hours, bad management
As long as you are a personable, outgoing and friendly person this is the job for you. Management is not the best but overall the job itself is good and is what you make of it.
Night shift job
Grocery Night Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 11, 2015
Good job to have if looking for night shifts. The work environment provides you training and information on how to perform efficiently.
great company
Sales Representative/ Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: discount card
Cons: crazy hours
Working at Real Canadian Superstore for 4 years allowed myself to grow and learn considering it was my first job. My co-workers were all friendly and approachable which made matters a lot more simple. Mangers of the store were absolutely amazing and understanding
Good place if you are looking for something smaller beside your primary job
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2015
If you want to work a lot of hours then I suggest do not apply to superstore especially in front end department. They only offer 28 hours to people with all time availability. That is you need to available from 7am to 11pm - 7days a week. The front end department is not that flexible. But management is strong quite. Lunch is 30 mins for 8 hour shifts. Which is ridiculous. Apart from that in terms of minimum wage and increase it is okay. If you just need a second job beside you primary job then go for Superstore.
Good experience in customer service
Cashier at the Real Canadian Superstore (Current Employee), London, ONDecember 5, 2015
Pros: You get to meet a lot of people
Cons: Weird hours
I learned how to work with people and built up my customer service skills. My co-workers are all very pleasant to work with, we got along very well. Hardest part of the job would be trying to keep everyone happy. The best part of the job was working with the customers and getting to help them.