Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

Very productive and good place to work
General Services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 26, 2016
A typical day a work was good, I usually always had something to do, until the middle of the day because i did all my duties around the store. I learned how to run a floor machine. Management was good. I never had any problems with my co-workers, we always got along well. There wasnt really any hard part to my job, it was fairly easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i got to walk around and talk with customers.
Pros
It was fairly easy
Cons
I didnt like cleaning bathrooms
Suitable for a student with no work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 19, 2016
I find that supervisors lack respect for employees (reprimanding you in front of customers at your cash register). In your training, you are told a number of things that would generally not be allowed. But when it comes time to practice these store policies, they let customers get away with it. It makes you look like an idiot in front of said customer.

You do get benefits part-time and I enjoyed a number of my co-workers. But the company as a whole needs to make improvements with management.
Pros
Good customer service experience and part time benefits.
Cons
Poor management, rude supervisors and low wages. You also have to work weekends and evenings frequently.
Productive, fun and a hardworking environment
Cashier and Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMay 20, 2016
I have learned a lot about customer service, working on a cash lane and most importantly keeping customers happy. The management worked hard and listened to the requests of the employees on things that could make work better. The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be dealing with angry customers just because you don't want them to be angry you always want to leave a customer happy and satisfied, but the best part of the job would have to be the relationships that you build with you colleges as well as the frequent shoppers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Angry Customers
Would never recommend anyone work here
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 16, 2016
One of the worst places to work. Management are awful to their employees, Store manager is extremely greedy to not give anyone hours, favoritism is what they recognize at all times, never hard work. And the union representation for everyone is just as awful as management. You're basically paying union dues for them not to do their jobs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out and going home.
Cons
Management, Union representation.
Productive and fun workplace
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be filling dairy with products that are needed to be stocked as well at the grocery department. I trade the empty milk crates with full ones. As well as the eggs. I stock the shelves and make sure everything in the grocery is organized and neat. I have learns to give great customer assistance, deal with difficult situations, work well with my co-workers and many more, The hardest part of working is working alone, you can not get as much things done as you need to with only one colleague. I enjoy working with everyone, I get alone with all my colleagues and we occasionally have BBQ's and snacks from the bakery and other departments.
Pros
Free Lunchs occasionally
Cons
Not enough hours
Stressful, non team working environment.
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Simcoe / Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2016
I worked for 2 different locations as an Assistant Produce manager and Full time night clerk. wages were good, management was not. When working nights, the day staff would do nothing all day then blame me in the morning when work for 5 people was not done by myself over 1 night. I would frequently shop there during the day and noticed nothing was getting done. they were constiantly on the lookout for loop holes with my hours making me work 10 days in a row of nights all the time. They refused to hire a part-time to help me with the work load yet had no problem hiring more part-time for the day shifts. There are many other things I could go on about what's wrong with this company but I won't.
Pros
wages
Cons
everything else
Great first job!
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONJune 18, 2016
I was hired on as a cashier at Real Canadian Superstore when I was 15. It was my first job ever, and I was far from a perfect employee. Working at RCS taught me respect and patience for others, how to handle money and perform brief security checks on customers (Looking into reusable bags, watching for suspicious behavior, etc.), and how to be an efficient/self-improving worker.
Pros
Free food and great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Working in Superstore was very enjoyable and Learning process because everyday you meet new people and even we learn a lot from people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 12, 2016
When i start the work our manager give us a task sheet for each person and we have to follow that sheet whole the day. I realized the importance of working in a team and complete that task together. Everything was so organised and well maintained there was no chance of mistake. Everybody was so nice and follow everything what their superior tell them to do and there was no chance of complaint. As on weekend there was too much rush or crowd in superstore, so we need to work a bit more than our regular speed. While doing so we daily meet many new customers and they all were having some different problems i finding their grocery and we need to look out for them.
active environment
grocery stocker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 13, 2016
starts normal with happiness and ends depending on what happens during the day.
I mostly learned from my own creativity first, and then from mistakes of others.
the hardest time at the job when there is a slow down. that creates pressure on employees to be more than creative. yet, I like it.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when working in a team and everyone is happy and equally contributing to the achievement of the set goal.
Pros
learning new experience
Cons
no promotions and more trainings
A great place to work
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 21, 2016
Everyday in my previous job was a challenging day for me.
I have learned and improved my time management skills and also have improved my communication skills.
My co-workers were really helpful and understanding with me and I am a best team worker.
The hardest part of my job was to complete my work on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I finish my tasks before the time.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 23, 2016
I really enjoy the rush that come with working with this company. Getting customers through the checkout quickly and efficiently as well as ensure the customers satisfaction of their shopping experience is the main goal of all cashiers. I greatly enjoy the customer service aspect that applies to this cashier position.
Pros
Break Time is enough to take a breather
Cons
N/A
Decent part-time job
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 4, 2016
The hours are very flexible, as in you pick the hours and days you're available to work. The salary is ok considering the work you do. As an employee, you'll be covered by the union, so your job there is essentially guaranteed until you choose to leave. If you have another part-time job, this would be a good addition.
Pros
Flexible hours, covered by union
Cons
Salary could be better
Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONApril 27, 2016
My passion for photography really grew during this job. I really enjoyed the constant client interaction for all the services the store provided. There were many obstacles to over come especially during high peaks such as christmas time . Stressful situations were a every day nature at the photo studio but made the day go by a lot faster and kept things interesting and on point.
Positive environment and surroundings with few negative factors that included weather conditions
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2016
The Superstore has been very beneficial in developing my social confidence with both costumer service and peers. Management and co-workers are all very welcoming and comforting. The hardest part of the job is working in the bad weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is entering a positive and enthused environment making my working experience much more enjoyable.
it's a good place to work and learn more.
Salad bar clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
A good place to work as a team, friendly Management, flexible schedules, Hardest part of the Job is when the peak days customers will finish all the Salads within 10 minutes so its a hard time to prepare the salad again, most enjoyable is co workers & management team they works as a team with us so we don't feel boring.
Fun workplace get to interact with people during the day and night and make new friends
Part-Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 25, 2016
Work is fast paced, lots of customers to deal with some happy and some in a rush have to stay professional, the hardest part of the job is probably the end when you have to clean the cashiers out and make sure everything is clean but other than that everything is great
lunch room has a nice big screen tv with satellite
Health and Beauty Department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
A typical night at work could be very stressfull. i learn to stay focused and also how to manage my time in a efficient manner. What makes the job hard and a bit difficult is the delivery load that we get at night. It's really heavy and I use pump trucks to pull the load.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the amazing co workers that i work with, they absolutely make my night much easier.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no room for advancement
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCApril 13, 2016
Other Pharmacies I've worked at had a machine to do some of the sorting and prep. This one unfortunately was not working so everything had to be done by hand. Manager was nice and coworkers were friendly as well.
Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
Demanding and rushed
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2016
being the only person working in the cosmetics department i was overloaded with work and other tasks that needed to be completed by end of shift, it was very difficult because of the language barriers as well as lonley and frustrating but working with all the products was alot of fun
very good
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 5, 2016
My typical day was coming in and get started for the day, loading up carts with stock to be put out and talking with the supervisor which was the top priority for the day. I learned that if you work as a team everyone gets along and alot of work gets accomplished. The hardest part of the job was pulling pallets when they came off the truck, but it had to be done so we did it.The most enjoyable part of the job was being to help customers and working with the co-workers.