Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

supervisor
Front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
very fast paced. working on your feet a lot. Everyone I worked with was great. Met a lot of friends there. You would have to be a customer focused individual.
friendly and welcoming place to work
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
a great place to work if you like to meet new people and want to try working in different departments in one location. the management team I worked with were friendly and made it easy to approach them with any issues. they had a very well structured system when it came to booking time off and posting your seclude. every staff member would take turns working on cash and covering breaks/sorting and putting away returns.if you worked front end you are giving lots are opportunists to request learning how to do different positions like uscan,, smoke shop (when of age) and customer service.
super supervisor
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
worked just for 2 months
loved my work because of my supervisor. she was super cool and very helping
customer service was interesting
every day we would learn how to manage various situation
Nice place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
Staff are always eager to help you out (ie. Codes and product placement knowledge). I wish management listened to us a little more and were more understanding at times. It can be hard to stand in one place for long periods of time, but overall can be fun and customers make it worthwhile. Only other thing is that there's not a lot of room for advancement :(
Can be a long term job because of great benefits and salary
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
Overall working for superstore is amazing but can be difficult because of management. Advancement is very slow maybe because of seniority and also because of supervisors.
Pros
Very welcoming environment
Cons
No full time
Overall - If a job needs to get done it gets done
Cart Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 January 2017
Overall the job for me is simple and that is why I have been here as long I have. I have been here a total of 6 and a half years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Overall its an enjoyable place to work but if everything cooperates. The people who I have known made my time here that much more enjoyable.
Pros
The people, atmosphere
Cons
Cooperation on how things are accomplished
communicates in an open manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitment made to others on the team
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitment made to others on the team. this is distinctly different from those who withhold ideas and opinion
Pros
wiping shelves
A good work environment with some unreliable employees.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON12 January 2017
Superstore was a stable job with very good management. As a part-time deli clerk I was responsible for running the meat slicer and cutting lunch meats for customers as well as cleaning, answering the phone, taking orders for meat/sandwich trays, making trays, organizing and putting product out on the shelf, as well as other odd jobs. I was also able to gain experience in the bakery department when they were temporarily short staffed.
My manager was a very dependable and understanding superior, and I thoroughly enjoyed working under her. My coworkers, while they were very fun people to be around and work with, a few of them could be very unreliable and frequently called in "sick", which resulted in other coworkers losing holidays and free time. Overall I enjoyed my time there, but I am ready for a change.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Unexpected shifts
great place to work stay in the union
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2017
it was a great place to work seen my skills almost immediately but once they made me grocery manager they expected my time for free.and even went as far as to dock my pay when I missed a single day regardless of any overtime put in for free
Fast paced
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 January 2017
Somedays are slow and other days its really busy so you have to be quick and efficient as possible and help customers with locating items to the best of your abilities
It's Okay
Front end cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 January 2017
This was a great first job. Coworkers were lovely and there are lots of hours. Although, standing for long periods of time starts to hurt your back.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Standing for long hours
Don't work there for more then a year
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
Customers are difficult to deal with at times, but supervisors will not assist with them. Management ignores concerns over work place safety. would be 0 stars if I could.
Pros
money
Cons
minimum wage after 7 years, no room for advancement
Real Canadian Superstore
Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2017
A company that once was great fell so far so fast. Scheduling was awful, many times across multiple departments people would be put on a schedule all over the place. One day your starting at Midnight, the next your starting at 6 AM. Management was incredibly poor with only a couple of supervisors here and there many of them came from other stores or parts of the company and have no interpersonal or leadership skills in the slightest. Security youd think would be great with a Union backing you, however its very clear that Management and the Union have something going on as people will be "suspended" falsely and the Union will take days to do anything about it, to even address it. Wage was great, for every X hours you saw a small increase and after a certain amount you get raised to the maximum wage of 20 an hour, which is certainly nothing to sneeze at. Many of the coworkers have a great sense of humor, very easy to get along with and work with.
Pros
Great coworker community, great wages, Benefits plan
Cons
Incredibly poor Management and Supervisory teams.
horrible
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
Management was very disappointing and upsetting. Made it hard to work there, very stressful. Co workers were great though. Management needs to be evaluated
Did not enjoy the work
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2017
I found the work environment to be unbalanced and the management was not competent at the time i was working there. As well the staff you worked with did not train you correctly and they tried to get rid of any new workers.
Pros
NON
Cons
Poor management/ unbalanced work team
Terrible 0/5 stars
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 January 2017
No training, bunch of people just standing around on night shifts waiting or looking for management to be told what to do. They double shift and cut you off by 30mins so you don't qualify for double time but expect you to work 16hrs, half the people working there hate there lives and take it out on you. Nothing good to be said. $10.85 for graveyard. Could collect cans for more. One word. Quit.
Pros
Nothing all cons
Fun and Interesting Experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
A typical day at work could range from slow to moderately busy. It wasn't too challenging. It was fun when working with coworkers you get along with. For the most part they are friendly. Working at the Deli, I learned a lot about different kinds of Canadian and imported cheese. I learned a lot about sales(displaying product) and tending to customers specific needs (making deli platters). I also learned how to be independent when managers couldn't be around to deal with certain tasks on my own, since they weren't always available on night shifts. Co workers were generally easy to get a long with. It's not really a hard job, once you learn how to multitask and develop a system for yourself, it become easy as pie. Free sampling of product was probably the best part.
Pros
flexible hours, moderately challenging, fun, interesting, free food sampling
Cons
Management not always available, not a lot of hours when you're new
Above Average
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2016
This place is a Godsend with reliable money. Hours are good here and you can always take somebodies shift here. The only down side is Management as they can breathe down your neck alot for no reason but that's how it is with those kind of companies.
Overall a great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 December 2016
The staff and management are professional, and love to make work fun. The atmosphere is always welcoming, supervisors are extremely helpful and knowledgeable, emotionally intelligent when it comes to tough situations.
Pros
Luncheons, breakfasts are sometimes provided for staff and customers.
Cons
Retail hours are very sporadic and all over the map.
A place which require lot of work skills
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 December 2016
Here my job is to replenish grocery, dairy and frozen department every single night with a team of staff using labour, time management and leadership skills.

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location