Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun and a hardworking environment
Cashier and Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONMay 20, 2016
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Angry Customers
I have learned a lot about customer service, working on a cash lane and most importantly keeping customers happy. The management worked hard and listened to the requests of the employees on things that could make work better. The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be dealing with angry customers just because you don't want them to be angry you always want to leave a customer happy and satisfied, but the best part of the job would have to be the relationships that you build with you colleges as well as the frequent shoppers.
Suitable for a student with no work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 19, 2016
Pros: Good customer service experience and part time benefits.
Cons: Poor management, rude supervisors and low wages. You also have to work weekends and evenings frequently.
I find that supervisors lack respect for employees (reprimanding you in front of customers at your cash register). In your training, you are told a number of things that would generally not be allowed. But when it comes time to practice these store policies, they let customers get away with it. It makes you look like an idiot in front of said customer.

You do get benefits part-time and I enjoyed a number of my co-workers. But the company as a whole needs to make improvements with management.
Very Good
General Merchandise Replenishment Clerk (Former Employee), calgary trailMay 17, 2016
Pros: free snacks
Cons: none
Close knit team members who were very kind to me and a supervisor who was always positive and inspiring. The hard labor redefined my personality and gave me more will power to put in hard work on demand and at my on will.
Productive and fun workplace
Replenishment Clerk (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABMay 17, 2016
Pros: Free Lunchs occasionally
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day at work for me would be filling dairy with products that are needed to be stocked as well at the grocery department. I trade the empty milk crates with full ones. As well as the eggs. I stock the shelves and make sure everything in the grocery is organized and neat. I have learns to give great customer assistance, deal with difficult situations, work well with my co-workers and many more, The hardest part of working is working alone, you can not get as much things done as you need to with only one colleague. I enjoy working with everyone, I get alone with all my colleagues and we occasionally have BBQ's and snacks from the bakery and other departments.
Would never recommend anyone work here
Clerk (Current Employee), Sudbury, ONMay 16, 2016
Cons: Management, Union representation.
One of the worst places to work. Management are awful to their employees, Store manager is extremely greedy to not give anyone hours, favoritism is what they recognize at all times, never hard work. And the union representation for everyone is just as awful as management. You're basically paying union dues for them not to do their jobs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out and going home.
productive, gain knowledge from customers and co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 16, 2016
Pros: involvement with customers.
Cons: short hours, rarly breaks during rush hours.
very fast paced, stand long period of time, time management, how to handle money and bundle cash. giving information on items that did not have a code. scan products through the machine.
good atmosphere to work in
Cashier (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 16, 2016
typical day at work is normally pretty fun and easy going.
i learned more about how to deal with customers in a large location instead of one on one in a smaller location.
,more team work as well
most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work with
Stressful, non team working environment.
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee), Simcoe / Kitchener, ONMay 13, 2016
Pros: wages
Cons: everything else
I worked for 2 different locations as an Assistant Produce manager and Full time night clerk. wages were good, management was not. When working nights, the day staff would do nothing all day then blame me in the morning when work for 5 people was not done by myself over 1 night. I would frequently shop there during the day and noticed nothing was getting done. they were constiantly on the lookout for loop holes with my hours making me work 10 days in a row of nights all the time. They refused to hire a part-time to help me with the work load yet had no problem hiring more part-time for the day shifts. There are many other things I could go on about what's wrong with this company but I won't.
Nice surrounding, bad hours.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2016
Pros: Nice employees
Cons: No hours
It was a great place to work, everyone was very kind. But I rarely got hours. Used to get around 4-8 hours a week. Learned a lot that will help me in my future job.
Don't recommend to work here
Cashier (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 12, 2016
Pros: More than average coworkers, some more than others.
Cons: Things get stolen
A typical day at work. Punch in Punch out. Management is sloppy.
Some supervisors are ignorant. In short, every day is the same there and that's saying something
Working in Superstore was very enjoyable and Learning process because everyday you meet new people and even we learn a lot from people
Production Worker (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 12, 2016
When i start the work our manager give us a task sheet for each person and we have to follow that sheet whole the day. I realized the importance of working in a team and complete that task together. Everything was so organised and well maintained there was no chance of mistake. Everybody was so nice and follow everything what their superior tell them to do and there was no chance of complaint. As on weekend there was too much rush or crowd in superstore, so we need to work a bit more than our regular speed. While doing so we daily meet many new customers and they all were having some different problems i finding their grocery and we need to look out for them.
Great place to work. A lot of great people.
Butcher's Assistant (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 9, 2016
Pros: Make your own break times. Amazing co-workers. Good hours.
Cons: Not best management. Bad organization of time schedule.
Worked as a Butcher Assistant - Clean department each night, stock shelves, price merchandise, serve customers professionally, and work midnights
productive and have fun
Grocery Staff (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2016
Pros: 15% discount
Cons: minimum pay
it is very good place for part time job as you can learn lots of things, such as communication with customers and coworkers.
it's a good place to work and learn more.
Salad bar clerk (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
A good place to work as a team, friendly Management, flexible schedules, Hardest part of the Job is when the peak days customers will finish all the Salads within 10 minutes so its a hard time to prepare the salad again, most enjoyable is co workers & management team they works as a team with us so we don't feel boring.
Decent part-time job
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, covered by union
Cons: Salary could be better
The hours are very flexible, as in you pick the hours and days you're available to work. The salary is ok considering the work you do. As an employee, you'll be covered by the union, so your job there is essentially guaranteed until you choose to leave. If you have another part-time job, this would be a good addition.
Flexible and fun atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONApril 30, 2016
Superstore is a great place to gain work experience. It is flexible with hours and you are treated as a valued member of a team.
productive and fun place to work
Produce Associate (Former Employee), British Columbia king George highwayApril 28, 2016
Pros: work individually
Cons: short shifts 2 days a week
5 hour shift, i learned how to handle fruits, i also learned lots about different veggies and fruits. a typical day of working is punching in and go straight to work and finish your side by the end of your shift
Photographer
Photographer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONApril 27, 2016
My passion for photography really grew during this job. I really enjoyed the constant client interaction for all the services the store provided. There were many obstacles to over come especially during high peaks such as christmas time . Stressful situations were a every day nature at the photo studio but made the day go by a lot faster and kept things interesting and on point.
Productive fun place to work at
HMR/ Cold Deli /Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: employee benefits and discounts
Cons: co-workers
Learned a lot about Food health and safety in a food handling position. Learned about cash handling in a cashier position.
Excellent team work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 20, 2016
It was pleasant working in Superstore because our whole staff had a strong bonding with each other. I really missed my amazing supervisor and my friends.