Real Canadian Superstore

Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Place of novel occurances
Photographer/Service Counter (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 29, 2015
This placement allowed me to test my flexibility and patience working with customers to produce personal portraits. I had plenty of room to hone my interpersonal skills.
Productive and Fun
CAO (Current Employee), brampton, ontarioJuly 29, 2015
I love working at the Real Canadian Superstore, it is like my second home. I love what I do which can vary from sitting in a office looking at reports and inventory to going on the floor and dealing with customers face to face. Even though I have fun at work we all manage to always get all are work done and go above and beyond then what is expected.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2015
Superstore is a disgraceful place to work. Management tries to get you to work overtime without pay and the union does little for you when you are treated unfairly. Bakery departments seem to be the worst. If your manager happens to have worked at both the Brampton store and the Weston store...beware! Know your rights and don't trust him even for a minute. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He will try to manipulate management into getting rid of you if he doesn't like you even if you're a hard worker.
A company pays minimum wage for a position that requires a lot out of one individual
Customer Service/Bakery Department (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable team to work with.
Cons: Not enough staff to help cover all tasks and job was minimum wage.
Would start the day by being asked about the previous day and being reviewed on it.

I learned how to write on cakes and to take orders for the bakery department.

Some of the managers were on employees side but not all would be willing to listen.

Co-Workers were sometimes hard to get a long with because of thier attitude.

Hardest part about the job was staying after hours (and not getting paid) to complete tasks so as to not get lectured by management the following day.

The most enjoyable part was interacting with the public.
Overall a decent job if you are willing to put in time and effort
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKJuly 19, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, upper management
Only a job for you (management) if you are willing to put in a lot of extra time and physical effort. A lot of stock has to be worked by the management and your regular 9 hr day turns easily to a 10-12 hr day. Pay and benefits are good. Job security as well. You only get fired if you screw up badly.
Professional work place
General services (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Upset customers
Superstore was a really fun place to work at, it is where I received most of my experience like customer service, moving products, rotating products, stocking shelves, cleaning, and unloading trucks. The management team was very organized and flawless, the employees got along very easily even if they worked in different departments, and the customers made working there much more enjoyable and they helped improved some personal qualities such as public speaking.
fun
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: nice
Cons: nothing
fun learning environment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 1, 2015
I really was a great leader for this company and they did not appreciate anything. It was hard to get a thank you and appreciation shown unless you were breaking your back for them.
Owned by Lowblaws great company to work for.
Cashier (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: There were pizza days free BQ's
Cons: Once per week 9 hour shifts
Real Canadian Superstore was a wonderful company to work for. It was fast paced and I enjoyed that. On days that it was not quite so busy involved cleaning the work area, zoning. Always something to do. Other times when not to busy the cashiers would help each other by bagging for the customers. Real Canadian Superstore does not normally bag.The management team there were wonderful from the store manager down. I got along with all the co-workers everyone pulled their weight. Whenever I had a question whether it was a co-worker for supervisor it was always answered for me. Very good training. I honestly enjoyed everything about my job there, I did not find anything hard about it. A typical day at work involved going to the customer service desk, sometimes a short meeting to find out if we were doing charity work, deal of the week, anything new in produce (codes).
Busy but overall friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJune 21, 2015
My time at superstore was mostly enjoyable, however management was not great as they gave me too many hours while I was also trying to balance my grade 12 year. My coworkers were great and supportive.
Superstore
Cashier (Current Employee), Vacouver, BC, CanadaJune 19, 2015
Pros: good fun, great team
Cons: nothing
It is a fun, working is fun together, enjoying every day with good environment. The management works together to make sure everything runs well and smoothly. Good Job Team
Great diverse environment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: staff showing up late
I enjoyed working at the Real Canadian Superstore. I worked there for over three years and learned a lot about Joe Fresh clothing line.
job review
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 12, 2015
The job can get really busy depending on the location that you work at, everyone is nice to you. The hardest part about the job is dealing with customer's complaints because depending on the department where you are hired, there isn't much you can do except for calling for the people in the correct department
Great company
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 5, 2015
I was a seafood clerk while working at The Real Canadian Superstore, my main duties were keeping the product cool, and well stocked.
Do not give enough hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 5, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Not enough hours
I am a cashier and enjoy everyone I work with for the most part but there is no room for advancement and they just don't give enough hours for someone to live on.
Wonderful Co-workers, good benefits as well.
Joe Apparel (Current Employee), kelownaJune 3, 2015
Overall this was a fairly enjoyable place to work, my co-workers are wonderful and it makes coming to work all that more enjoyable. In this job I learnt how to cash in and out tills, learnt how to work stock in a sufficient way, and obtained excellent customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was sometimes balancing all the different tasks at once. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people everyday and having the opportunity to make someones day even a little better.
A great work place environment
Cashier (Current Employee), saskatoon,skJune 3, 2015
Pros: co workers are great, treats you like family
Cons: few shift hours
environment is amazing, co workers are like family, great dental benefits, are very much recommended for students, hours are flexible
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits and wage.
Typical day as a grocery clerk - Hard work; challenging myself physically to work as efficiently as possible. Discovering new ways of getting the products out on the sales floor as quickly (and effectively) as possible.

What I learned - There is more then 1 way to do a job. Always look for new ways to improve your skills and become a more effective worker.

Management - Management was good at superstore. You always have something to do. Most managers are very encouraging and will out of their way to help you when you need it.

Co-workers - The staff that work at superstore are often very friendly. They help make the environment a better and safer place to work.

Hardest part of the job - the physical work that comes with being a grocery clerk.

Most enjoyable part of the job - co-workers, management and the ability to work out while doing my job.
good place to work for a student
FRONT-END CASHIER (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 30, 2015
Pros: well structured, union, sense of community
Cons: separation among departments, 4 week advance schedule
ive only been working here for a few weeks, and i really enjoy it. my co workers are nice, and i have many friends here. I learn a lot.
Great workplace
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), Lloydminter, ABMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed the people i worked with, management wasn't the best, work was overall a fairly easy thing to do. Flexiable for anyone.

1 2 3 4 5