Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

Working at Superstore Mission, BC
Cashier/Personnel shopper (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC24 February 2017
My opinion of working at the RCSS in mission.
A typical day for me is picking orders for customers and bringing it to their vehicle. Also dealing with transactions, talking to customers and making sure they are happy with their order.
I deal directly with customers and communicate with them. Even when they are upset with a situation with their orders I will assure that the customer is happy with results.
The hardest part about my job is choosing the right product for the customers.
The most enjoyable part about my job is I love dealing with people and a very high pace job.
Pros
high pace job
Management was under trained in my honest opinion.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 March 2017
In my opinion the management was under trained. Many times me and fellow employees weren't treated with the necessary respect, as well as orders for the food we needed were not thoroughly thought out. The head management was trained accordingly but it was the department managers could have used a bit more training. Overall i had a decent experience here, i met some really nice people and the job itself was good but there were some things that could have been improved throughout the store.
Pros
Co workers were very nice
Cons
Management was a little under trained
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  51 Gerry Fitzgerald Drive.11 February 2017
Learned many new tasks, from planograms, to using the SAP system, customer sevice skills, merchandising, expiry date rotation and label and signage making. Hardest part would be the labor and the enjoyable part is the work environment and the people that I work with. A typical day at work consisted of doing returns, restocking, putting up labels and making missing labels and completing planograms and rotations in a timely manner. Management is very accommodating to your availability
Pros
Events and environment
Cons
Not enough salary for part timers
Fun place to work and a Great first job!
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
The average day at work depends on the time you are working.

Mornings:Mostly labeling (new prices are put into the system overnight and are printed in the morning) and also putting out the morning load.

Afternoons: Mostly working skids of product onto the shelves or any other tasks that the manager gives ex. Changing aisles for new seasons, reducing DNO products (items that no longer have a home on the shelves), etc.

Evenings: Clean-up (Facing and Returns) so the store is nice and tidy for the next day.

Overall the job is not too difficult and with kind management and employees it makes it an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Almost always stuff to do
Cons
Open early and Close late
Organize and restock shelves
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
The day starts with retrieving misplaced or returned items found at the customer service desk. After determining the items are available for resale, they are placed back on shelves along with the daily new stock. Typically, one to two palate full of items are brought out to the floor to be shelved. Endcaps are often changed or moved around to either display promoted items or accommodated for backstock. Engaging and diffusing customer problems are frequent while facing the items in aisles are done throughout the entire shift.
Real Canadian Superstore
Temporary Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 February 2017
The Real Canadian Superstore is a wonderful place to work for. The hours are very flexible and you work with wonderful colleagues. The Management team is very helpful in there way of making sure the customer is happy and the employees are always coming into work with a smile and wanting to do there shift.

A typical day at work for me is going in and seeing what is new for the day that needs to be done. Usually talking to each colleague about what has happened before my shift has started and what is needed to be done for the rest of the day so i am caught up with what has been done.
Pros
Employee Lunches, Good Colleagues to work with.
Team was very helpful
GM Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC31 January 2017
Good company to work for lots of great charities. Flexible work scheduler. Management seemed stressed or that they work too hard.
I was an over night stock person, way too much work to get done in 4 hours, if stock did not come in on time.
Very multi-culture got to meet lots of amazing team members who are from all parts of the world.

The job i was doing was just not for me.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
hourly wage and takes forever to get to next pay raise
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Working at superstore was a great opportunity. I learned a lot about customer service and enjoyed working with others. The hardest part of the job was communication with customers who didn't speak English fluently. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with others and helping customers. I also enjoyed achieving goals, such as scanning a large amount of items in efficient time.
Pros
Good salary, fair break time, good benefits
Cons
Standing on feet
friendly and welcoming place to work
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
a great place to work if you like to meet new people and want to try working in different departments in one location. the management team I worked with were friendly and made it easy to approach them with any issues. they had a very well structured system when it came to booking time off and posting your seclude. every staff member would take turns working on cash and covering breaks/sorting and putting away returns.if you worked front end you are giving lots are opportunists to request learning how to do different positions like uscan,, smoke shop (when of age) and customer service.
Overall - If a job needs to get done it gets done
Cart Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 January 2017
Overall the job for me is simple and that is why I have been here as long I have. I have been here a total of 6 and a half years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Overall its an enjoyable place to work but if everything cooperates. The people who I have known made my time here that much more enjoyable.
Pros
The people, atmosphere
Cons
Cooperation on how things are accomplished
always a busy place and plenty tasks to keep busy during a shift
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 January 2017
rcs is a decent place to work, and always busy in the produce area. all though even that it is union and a secure job, most workers only get 21-27 hrs are given to most people there.
Pros
they provide lunch once a month for everyone working, and most days there are snacks such as veggiesn dips, fruits and nuts provided in the lunch room.
Cons
not enough hours to make ends meet.
lots of hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 February 2017
good job for people looking to gain lots of hours and pick up extra hours. It is a good place to meet people and work around others instead of being isolated and alone for your whole shift. its a busy store so lots of customers and the hours go by fast. customers can be kind of rude especially because we dont bag the groceries and they dont like to do it
Pros
hours
Cons
expected to take every available shift
Terrible 0/5 stars
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 January 2017
No training, bunch of people just standing around on night shifts waiting or looking for management to be told what to do. They double shift and cut you off by 30mins so you don't qualify for double time but expect you to work 16hrs, half the people working there hate there lives and take it out on you. Nothing good to be said. $10.85 for graveyard. Could collect cans for more. One word. Quit.
Pros
Nothing all cons
Cons
Many different areas of opportunity
Grocery Replinishment (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2017
I have been with this store from 2009. There is plenty of room for advancement and transfers within the store. If you are looking for something different you are always given the opportunity to find something that fits you
Pros
10% employee discount, competitive wages, stock options, flexible scheduling
Cons
Full time/part time privilege discrepancies
Good job, nice people!
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 February 2017
Great job for students, part-time work. Shift premium for overnight shifts although hard physical work for pay rate. Poor scheduling and hours management. All benifits you are promised never seem to show up. You have to bug them and keep reminding them. Some managers are really nice, considerate and fun to work with.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
False benifits, not enough hours
Excellent Management
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 March 2017
While working here I was given the opportunity to meet several managers that had a great attitude about their company. Management would give you a task to complete and wouldn't constantly be following you around to check up. There was a sense of freedom that allowed you to focus on the task at hand and get it right instead of rushing and making mistakes.
It Started Out Good
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 February 2017
It started out great with myself receiving sufficient hours during an average workweek, and management treating me with respect and patience. After a switch in store management, I began getting my hours cut and my respect from the store administration dwindled fast.
Pros
Decent work to do, not too stressful.
Cons
Hard work, rude management, and not enough hours.
An amazing company to work for
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
A typical day at Superstore includes stocking shelves, helping out on cash when help is needed and assisting customers with finding what they need. I have improved on my time management skills and customer service. The management is amazing and they treat their staff with respect and provide continuous support. My co-workers are trained well and we have all built close relationships with each other, we also work well together.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC10 December 2016
I really liked working as a cashier and the coworkers are very friendly. I also liked the customer service sometimes. I think I will definitely try my best to not upset the customers and will not enrage my fellow co-workers but working independently is utmost important. Coding is difficult, however, with time I got used to using the computer, scan machine, etc. I am always on time and talking with the manager there with respect. Diligent, and organized.
Nice place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
Staff are always eager to help you out (ie. Codes and product placement knowledge). I wish management listened to us a little more and were more understanding at times. It can be hard to stand in one place for long periods of time, but overall can be fun and customers make it worthwhile. Only other thing is that there's not a lot of room for advancement :(

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location