Real Canadian Superstore

Real Canadian Superstore Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Taunton and HarmonyMarch 2, 2015
Pros: connection with colleagues, 10% discount, pc lunches occasionally
Cons: long hours standing, cannot take water to the lane
At the Real Canadian Superstore I would be a cashier, customer service representative, self-serve attendant, or cash office worker. As a cashier, customer service representative, and self-serve attendant I was required to be quick but also friendly, have a clean uniform and work area, and memorize certain codes to be more efficient. I would be required to stay calm when a customer was upset, and, specifically as a customer service representative, I would follow store policies to return products. As a cash office worker I was required to count the money from each station that was used. It was my job to close the store so I had to manage my time appropriately. I learned memorization techniques, how to be efficient in time crunch situations, and not to take all issues personally. I did not hear from managers very often, but when I was required to call them, some managers were more approachable and more efficient at speaking with customers. Some co-workers did not take the job seriously, but still did their job. The hardest part of the job was making sure to deal with stress appropriately and not take customer anger personally. For example, if a customer is returning a broken product and becomes upset with me, it is not my fault that the product is broken but it is my job to do what I can to relief the customer's anger. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with co-workers. Overall I enjoyed working for the company.
A good job for students
Part Time Clerk (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
This job has allowed me to go to school and continue to work. I have learned how to work professionally in a variety of environments. I have learned how to work independently, in a team and how to successfully communicate and serve the public.
Productive work place
Health and Beauty Representative (Current Employee), ottawa, onFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: dicounts
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work is when I arrive I do the cycle count, scan out damages, do a label run and work load or overstock while helping out customers.
Good company.
Front End Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great pay, good team
Cons: long hours, bad benefits
Depending on the day I would either be opening or closing the front end, so jobs slightly varied. I was in charge of all cashiers, made sure they had breaks on time. I made sure there was always correct staffing when needed during rushes. I was also fully trained in the cash office, so did everything from ensuring all tills had correct change, to deposits. My co-workers were an amazing team. The most difficult part was when the unexpected happened like someone called in sick and we were unable to cover their shifts, or a freak snow storm. The most enjoyable part would have to be training new staff and all work in the cash office.
Fast paced environment.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
I looked forward to going to work each day. Due to the fast paced nature of the Company time went by quickly as there was always lots to be accomplished. Strong team environment. An almost Family mindset when relating to team members. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be at times the repetitive nature of scanning through groceries in an assembly line matter. Once I was trained at self scan and customer service and it mixed things up a bit I found this is where I truly thrive.
very good place to work
Health & Beauty Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Its a fast pace environment, with a keen eye for details. Management that are easy to communicate with. co-works that work together as a team.
Team player
Apparel Clerk PT (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: fluent in spanish and english
Cons: low wages
Capable of performing tasks that require physical effort and mental concentration and I Can work independently and a team player.
fun fast and happy
Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches and discount
happy fun free lunches fast paced and always a great enviroment, rewarded for great sportsmanship and your great efforts at work.
Great environment and friendly people
Grocery (Former Employee), North Vancouver, British ColumbiaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: benifits, relationships, customer service and other skills.
Cons: wage, some parts of management, mental and physical fatigued
Arrive early to work before store closes, clock in to start. Team meeting to set goals and assign isles to workers. Spot arrived goods in correct place in an orderly fashion. Take a 15 minute paid break. Zone into reaching the goals set earlier, halfway through shift clock out for lunch. Clock back in after 30 minutes and complete tasks well before deadline. Keep isle clean at all times until completion. Hop in to help other co-workers to finish their goals and deadlines. Take another 15 minute paid break. Finish off by facing whole isle for the next store business day. End of shift and clock out.
A great place to work
Front End - Cashier (Current Employee), winnipegJanuary 29, 2015
You get to work with great people and you have fun while you are at work.
It was a great place to work.
Cashier / Food Server (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not alot of hours
Always cleaning simply because i work with food .
I learned so much about cleaning and cooking and working with customers,and business.
My co-workers were awesome,caring and more like friends then anything.
The hardest part of the job was cooking and cashing customers out at the same time because customers come first but we need to cook and do other duties. You get use to it, it become easy over a couple of months working .
Most enjoyable part of the job was having everything clean and done .
Busy Environment
Various Positions (Former Employee), Sudbury OntarioJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: very busy
Cons: work/home balance
Started out part time and moved up to mgmt. quickly. It was a very fast paced environment and there was always something to learn.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), DELTAJanuary 13, 2015
it was a wonderful expreience working at real canadian superstore learned a lot, enjoyed every day at work.
Good Company
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKJanuary 12, 2015
The daily work was relatively the same, but with each shift brought new challenges and at times the customers could make life very interesting.
Productive work place with always something to do
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 12, 2015
At my store I work in three departments since we are normally understaffed. Being a student I normally work the evening shift and I am in charge of the shipping and receiving, grocery, and dairy departments. Grocery is stocked at night, therefore the only responsibility I hold for that department during the day is answering calls or any questions that the customers may have. In the dairy I make sure that stock is always available for the customers and making sure that the product is kept in proper rotation. I like this section because there always seems to be product that needs to be filled and it keeps me busy making my shift go by faster. Near the end of the night I would have to unload an order of grocery which is normally one truck load. That normally takes me close to the end of my shift and before I leave I normally face the dairy products making it look nice for the customers that come in early in the morning the next day.
Great job for a student
Store standards (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Great training, great atmosphere for a student. Management was always nice and helpful.
great place with benefits
HMR and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Misssissauga. ONDecember 22, 2014
busy place
customer service comes first
management is good
co workers are ok
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2014
It was a typical day work, but i was enjoying my work.
good Management.
Everyone was so friendly and always ready to help.
helpful co-workers.
Initailly i feel hard to remember the code of products, but it was not hard to do so, as we do our work daily, it automatically memorised.
clothing organizer
Joe Fresh Clothing Department Worker (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: always fresh clothing
Cons: feet standing job
organized cloths, greeted customers, cleaned floors.......
Friendly staff to work with and some health benefits.
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee), Duncan, BCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: discount, dental, great people to work with
Cons: low hours, favoritism, some lazy workers
Great place to start working. You build many skills that can be used through your future. Friendships are easily built, and team mentality is quickly established.

Unfortunately, there is favoritism; and not the right people are given advances. Plus lazy workers don't get reprimanded.

1 2 3 4 5