Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews in Canada

Decent
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 25, 2016
Great wages and health benefits for PT workers.
Dress code could use some upgrading to keep up with the current trends and what not.
Pros
Good wages, Health Benefits
Cons
Bad dress code, store conditions are iffy
Very unclean work space with very little time for employees
Cashier/Courtesy WestKelowna (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 25, 2016
a very dirty work enviroment with very rude management, every day when you went in youd see the slumly looks on everyones faces as they moped over to theyre tills to begin the day, and I only have ever heard of very very few cashiers ever getting raises of anything more than 5 cent
Pros
Cons
the physical state of the store will leave your immune system ill
Productive work environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work would be walking around the store, finding products we where low on and refilling them. I learned how to keep myself busy at all times as well as time management.

the toughest part of my job was dealing with costumers who where always after me for discounts because I was a new employee. What I enjoyed most about this job was the friendly work environment my co-workers provided.
Pros
Prductive workplace, friendly staff.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy working at Real Canadian Superstore because it a fun place to work with enjoyable co-workers and has a great environment.
great colleagues and managers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BCJuly 18, 2016
I was recognized after the first week with a pin from my direct supervisor and ASM for my work ethic and my job performance that was above and beyond expectations for someone so new and not fully trained.
A typical day started with going to the back of department and see what my tasks for the day were, and start on them immediately.
I learned time management and how to work as a team for a common purpose, the customers.
The hardest part was when I work the closing shifts I usually finished my tasks before my shift was done. I would help my fellow colleagues with theirs and some would appreciate it while others didn't like how I was able to do it, they figured I shouldn't be working so fast, and thought it made them look bad. So I would usually just do some deep cleaning in the backroom and cooler and write that on my task sheet.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers, especially when they were only able to speak French and I was the only one in the department that could. It made the customers feel special and very welcome and they usually looked for me when they came in again.
Pros
lots, benefits, colleague discount, pension
Cons
it was tough to juggle school and my activities, snowboard team, training, and hold to the needs of the contract
fun pool table in lunch room
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 17, 2016
i was a cashier. Wrang in peoples items and took payment. Helped people find things threw out the store. Put extra stuff away people changed mind on.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
min wage
Good place to be. Nice co-workers & managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
I would scan groceries. Take price inquiries from customers. Process their payment via cash or electronic forms. Smile alot
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Problem Customers
Good people to work with, very fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 8, 2016
Overall, its an awesome job working as a cashier even though you need to face bunch of different costumer. I grew and learn a lot from my co workers,supervisor and especially, my manager she is one of the best Ive ever met in my entire life
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Normal working, too much talking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at my job consisted of walking in, not getting greeted and scanning through customers items. I've learned the skill to handle irrational customers. I found the store to be too big and they hired way to many people as to where my hours got cut. Co-workers are only friendly with there "groups" of workers. The hardest part of my job would be having to deal with angry customers with the anxiety I have but I'm progressively getting better. The most enjoyable part to my day was seeing all the smiling kids every time I were to compliment them.
Cons
breaks at the beginning of the shift, cut to a minimum of 8hrs a week, to much group talking including supervisors
My life at Real Canadian Superstore
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port CoquitlamJuly 5, 2016
I have worked there for over five years. There is great support from other staff, and the supervisors all know their jobs Too bad there are only part time hours
First job First love.
Dairy/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2016
Loved working for superstore, it was around the time i had just finished high school and a lot of friends working there helped develop a strong relationship with me and work. Enjoyed every minute of my job up until I sought more compensation in terms of pay.
Pros
Free lunches were given every once in a while which was nice.
Cons
alot of staff changes caused for a weak bond, employees to supervisors at least
Fun place to work with great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 1, 2016
I have been working at the Superstore for almost 8 months now, and I really enjoy the staff and the customers. The are very considerate of a persons availability, and treat us with respect.
Pros
always free fruit in the break room to keep us happy and healthy
Cons
wish i had more hours
fun
DELI CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
nbice atmosphere to work in friendly managers and good team work among empployees and managers as well good communition skill among the eployees
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 23, 2016
I really enjoy the rush that come with working with this company. Getting customers through the checkout quickly and efficiently as well as ensure the customers satisfaction of their shopping experience is the main goal of all cashiers. I greatly enjoy the customer service aspect that applies to this cashier position.
Pros
Break Time is enough to take a breather
Cons
N/A
A great place to work
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJune 21, 2016
Everyday in my previous job was a challenging day for me.
I have learned and improved my time management skills and also have improved my communication skills.
My co-workers were really helpful and understanding with me and I am a best team worker.
The hardest part of my job was to complete my work on time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I finish my tasks before the time.
Demanding and rushed
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2016
being the only person working in the cosmetics department i was overloaded with work and other tasks that needed to be completed by end of shift, it was very difficult because of the language barriers as well as lonley and frustrating but working with all the products was alot of fun
Great first job!
Front-end Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONJune 18, 2016
I was hired on as a cashier at Real Canadian Superstore when I was 15. It was my first job ever, and I was far from a perfect employee. Working at RCS taught me respect and patience for others, how to handle money and perform brief security checks on customers (Looking into reusable bags, watching for suspicious behavior, etc.), and how to be an efficient/self-improving worker.
Pros
Free food and great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced, good fellow workers and customers
Lottery sales and operations (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 15, 2016
Over two decades of service, the pros override the cons. The wages and benefits are great, and definitely earned as shifts are quite hectic! Most of all, and important, the people are unforgettable.
Pros
people
Cons
hectic @ times
Amazing work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 14, 2016
There is honestly nothing bad i can say. As long as i have worked here there has been nothing that it negative to say. My fellow co-works and management are super. and my customers make my day.
multitasking
Natural Value Clerk (Current Employee) –  2549 Weston RoadJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work is full of energy and a constant learning process. Working as a team is incredible but I have to work by myself most of the time and manage my own tasks in the best way to complete and improve my responsibilities.
Pros
getting better everyday
Cons
payment is not the greatest thing

Real Canadian Superstore Reviews by Location