Real Canadian Superstore Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Well-paced job with friendly co-workers
Commercial Bakery (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
Management always tries their best to be accommodating with vacation time. All staff get a fair share of hours, but that means only 20-25 hours per part-time person each week.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No raise after working a year
Great place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 September 2017
Overall, the company had an excellent workplace environment. The job was easily manageable and enjoyable to come to everyday. The staff was extremely friendly too.
Enjoyable Gatherings
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 September 2017
There are usually events held by the company to keep the employees relaxed. It happens after work. They also hand out free food together with it. It's fun sometimes.
Pros
Free food
fun workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK13 September 2017
Time fly's by fast when you're focused on your task, a busy day at superstore made me motivated to work faster. Managers are nice as well as the employees.
Pros
coworkers are fun to work with
Cons
one 15 min coffee break on 6 hour shift
hi
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
its a good place to work but due to some circumstances have to leave that job wsh to work again if its full time job for sure
looking for full time day opportunity
a basic day at the job
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2017
the work expected of us was fair and simple. we had an easy work flow, friendly staff and great managers. The store has a good reputation of products, I even shopped there for my family.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Supervisors and Managers in my department is coming up from least post, some are not qualified to sit in that position. Their behavior with colleagues are not good.
Real Canadian Superstore
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2017
A physically active job, lots of stocking shelves. Management is OK. No complaints here. If you are looking for a part-time job and are a student, this job would be ideal.
face paced and constantly learning new things
Meat/Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
Customer service, cutting, merchandising, ordering, scheduling, inventories, training, quality assurance, up selling, a lot of training as acting store management while opening and closing the store. Also perform weekly food safety audits in all fresh departments
Pros
constantly learning
Cons
poor quality of life
Average minimum wage retail job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC2 September 2017
About what you might expect from a minimum wage retail job. Minimum wage with guaranteed raises, strong union guarantees job security and average/slightly above average benefits. Quality of life depends massively on department, store, and management. Many departments are understaffed, with the exception of holidays, and not falling behind can be nearly impossible.
Pros
Union, Flexible Hours
Cons
Customers, Too Few Staff

Want to know more about Real Canadian Superstore?

Ask a question
Typical working with horrible management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC2 September 2017
It is an okay job I had worked there for over 2 years. They recently went through a management change which a majority of managers had been replaced. New managers were not great so I had made a decision to resign.
Management was Great
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
Management was good. they didn't expect the employees to behave like workaholic robots like the general corporate employee status quo. This job is very ideal for a student or anyone who just needs a little extra mullah.
Decent place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 August 2017
Being a manager is a lot better than being a unionized employee. The schedule is unfair for union employees and the compensation is minimal. Hours are not conducive to any type of work/life balance or general health.
Teamwork is very present at this company. Management and employees work together and are very welcoming, appreciative and respectful with each other
Joe Fresh Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC27 August 2017
Real Canadian Superstore is a great place to work if you like variety in everyday job duties. Everyone is welcoming and very easy to work with. There is no barrier between employees and management, everyone works together which is the best part of working at this company.
Not a good place to work for anyone with a family life
Department Manager, Natural Value / OTC Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2017
Split shifts never two days off together. Usually a Sunday then Tuesday. When you are in management you work long hours since you are salary and in the union.
Pros
Grocery discount
Cons
Wage, split shifts
Just awful
Click and Collect (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2017
Awful place to work. They do these four hours shifts at ridiculous hours. For example they'll have you work until 9pm (or later) then have you come in at 5 am the next day. Coworkers dont want to be there and just let you carry them. Management loves to micromanage, does not respect when you have prior commitments. Was promised 28 hours at interview, received 16 at max.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
unreasonable shifts, terrible coworkers, managers expect you to help them in their personal lives
wasn't in my interest
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB18 August 2017
Superstore was a good place to work at, however the long shifts got in the way of my studies in school. and the main reason I quit was because I wanted something in my interest, Something I could grow in and always be interested. which for me was always cars having project cars, engine swaps. I know my way around cars and I can never get bored of them. Its a passion, a hobby something I cant get over.
Pros
free pop during lunches, 10% Discount
Cons
Long shifts at once
a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  westwinds,AB16 August 2017
Superstore is a good place to work. I only work on weekend there.workplace culture is good and supervisors are quite helpful.i learned a a lot of things from here.
Pros
dealing with people
Cons
less hours
Good environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 August 2017
hile working as a cashier at Superstore, I was responsible for helping guests with ringing through, and paying for their groceries. This job definitely helped me build my communication skills and independence. While I was at Superstore, I also was responsible for supervising the self-checkout, which helped me further improve my multi-tasking abilities.
great place
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2017
great company to work with. they take great care of their employees and make sure that every employee gets a fair chance to succeed and develop his skills
Pros
free food
Cons
part time