Real Canadian Superstore

Real Canadian Superstore Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I want to come back
Salad Bar Clerk (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none that I can think of
I want to come back to my old position in salad bar as my travelling will have to be put on hold. I am a compassionate person and when I heard of the shortage in staff, partly due to some health issues of co-workers, I wanted to come back and continue in my old department. I heard about how much I was missed and of how they wanted me back, so I said yes.
Abusive Management and Useless Union Personnel
Store Clerk (Current Employee), torontoApril 4, 2015
Cons: bad management
Superstore is a disgraceful place to work. Management tries to get you to work overtime without pay and the union does little for you when you are treated unfairly. Bakery departments seem to be the worst. If your manager happens to have worked at both the Brampton store and the Weston store...beware! Know your rights and don't trust him even for a minute. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He will try to manipulate management into getting rid of you if he doesn't like you even if you're a hard worker.
Great company to work for
Front End Cashier & Supervisor (Current Employee), Yorkton, SKApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible schdeule, always something to do
Cons: restricted shifts and hours
A typical day would start out with clocking in, then reviewing the schedule board and checking in with the department manager or a supervisor to find which till to operate, or which cashier requires a break. Afterwards, I would oversee the customer service desk, assisting customers with concerns and performing refunds, exchanges, and various other duties such as answering the telephone, and sorting till information (coupons, etc.). At the same time - while overseeing the service desk - I would normally supervise the scan-and-go machines; helping customers check out their purchases themselves.

The most difficult part of the job is counting tills at the end of a day. However the most enjoyable part is interacting with the public.
Productive and friendly working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbApril 2, 2015
At Superstore, I gained additional training on customer service. As, a cashier , I learned about accounts and finances. Superstore had a very friendly and productive working environment
stable hours, valuable customer service experience
Cashier (Current Employee), oakville ontarioApril 1, 2015
Pros: valuable team work and cutomer relations experience
Cons: multiple managers
constantly serving customers.
working in a team environment.
cashing out customer and handling money.
having to adapt to changes such as constant changing of management and rules.
hardest part of the job is finding a way to have every customer leave with a smile.
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the the smiles on a customers face as I helped them pack as well as finding a way to give the kids that came through an educational but fun experience.
another great experiencce was raising so much money for charity while cashing out customers seeing the donation slips cover the walls of customer service when i walked into the store.
management is not good
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 29, 2015
i don't like the supervisors. There is no flexible timings. the work pressure is more and the atmosphere is full of stress. i don't like working there.
Superstore Flow Position
Multi Department Worker (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough shifts
To be a worker in flow means you have to have the knowledge of multiple departments. For me the departments were grocery and dairy. As well on top of that I sometimes had to be the receiver during the day.
Fast paced, easy to adapt.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg MBMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Shifts were mostly 5hrs.
Cons: Shifts were mostly 5hrs.
Decent job, mostly just standing on one spot as you type on the register and act like you're interested in the days of the many customers who stop by for a minute or two.
Management was mostly relaxed; work wasn't difficult. Although it became a pain when the old women tried to include/update you on the trending drama of superstore.
Hours are sporadic and scattered; no consistency.
Great experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONMarch 24, 2015
everyday teaches me something different such as, dealing with different types of customers. You have to communicate a lot either with the customers or other co-workers.
Work life
Decorator/packager for baked goods (Former Employee), bramptonMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Great staff/team. Working there has it perks and you get to meet lots of new people. There is always something to do. If you love food working in a grocery store would be beneficial to you.
Fun and fast paced environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: high energy position
Cons: multiple pricechecks at once
I was price checker at Superstore. My job consist off price checks put aways running perishable put aways back to there original location, carts, carryout's, customer service, maintaining cleanliness of the workplace.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 11, 2015
It was my most enjoyable job that I had ,,,all co-workers and supervisor was awesome. still missing them so much . And some of the regular customers was very nice, that job wasn't very hard but I had to quit because i got a new full time job
Awesome job
Natural Value Replenishments (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2015
Pros: met new people and made new friends
Cons: long hours lots of standing around
On the average day, I go a bit early so I can buy my lunch for break. After that I sign in and head directly for the Dairy Freezer because for one natural dairy products are the highest selling natural items. They also expire sooner than everything else. I learned a lot about how grocery stores work, from how digital tags work to managing resources and counting inventory. My supervisor and boss were both very kind to me and both helped me through the learning process. I also had a kind and hardworking co worker, we both enjoyed helping each other. At first I was helping her out because she was new and came from Ukraine, later on we were both helping each other and I realized I liked working more with other people and communicating rather than being alone. That also ties in with the hardest part the job, the first week of working I had little clue what I was doing and where anything was, during that week I was left alone since my supervisor was on vacation. So I was left working alone and with the brief knowledge that I had of the whole store. I worked mostly during summer time and I am Muslim so we have a thing called fasting, where you don't eat or drink anything from 3 am to 9 pm which made my job 100x harder, but I managed with the help of other workers. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is helping out the customers, when they ask for help and once I've personally guided them and they've thanked me is the best part of my day cause we both always walk off with a smile! Now I'm left with no hours because I was only a temporary worker because someone was on maternity leave.
Good for high school students terrible for anyone else
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no advancement, no raises, limited training, lots of red tape
Wage is 10.50 to start but union dues make it less than min wage at the end of the day and raises are non existent (still @ 10.50 after 5 years). There is a great deal of micro managing and training is lackluster to say the least. The people are really the only positive thing about the job.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 2, 2015
Great co-workers, great customers. Learned great customer service skills, how to be more reliable, and how to work well with others,
Overall good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Taunton and HarmonyMarch 2, 2015
Pros: connection with colleagues, 10% discount, pc lunches occasionally
Cons: long hours standing, cannot take water to the lane
At the Real Canadian Superstore I would be a cashier, customer service representative, self-serve attendant, or cash office worker. As a cashier, customer service representative, and self-serve attendant I was required to be quick but also friendly, have a clean uniform and work area, and memorize certain codes to be more efficient. I would be required to stay calm when a customer was upset, and, specifically as a customer service representative, I would follow store policies to return products. As a cash office worker I was required to count the money from each station that was used. It was my job to close the store so I had to manage my time appropriately. I learned memorization techniques, how to be efficient in time crunch situations, and not to take all issues personally. I did not hear from managers very often, but when I was required to call them, some managers were more approachable and more efficient at speaking with customers. Some co-workers did not take the job seriously, but still did their job. The hardest part of the job was making sure to deal with stress appropriately and not take customer anger personally. For example, if a customer is returning a broken product and becomes upset with me, it is not my fault that the product is broken but it is my job to do what I can to relief the customer's anger. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with co-workers. Overall I enjoyed working for the company.
A good job for students
Part Time Clerk (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
This job has allowed me to go to school and continue to work. I have learned how to work professionally in a variety of environments. I have learned how to work independently, in a team and how to successfully communicate and serve the public.
Productive work place
Health and Beauty Representative (Current Employee), ottawa, onFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: dicounts
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work is when I arrive I do the cycle count, scan out damages, do a label run and work load or overstock while helping out customers.
Good company.
Front End Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great pay, good team
Cons: long hours, bad benefits
Depending on the day I would either be opening or closing the front end, so jobs slightly varied. I was in charge of all cashiers, made sure they had breaks on time. I made sure there was always correct staffing when needed during rushes. I was also fully trained in the cash office, so did everything from ensuring all tills had correct change, to deposits. My co-workers were an amazing team. The most difficult part was when the unexpected happened like someone called in sick and we were unable to cover their shifts, or a freak snow storm. The most enjoyable part would have to be training new staff and all work in the cash office.
Fast paced environment.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
I looked forward to going to work each day. Due to the fast paced nature of the Company time went by quickly as there was always lots to be accomplished. Strong team environment. An almost Family mindset when relating to team members. The hardest part of the job I would have to say would be at times the repetitive nature of scanning through groceries in an assembly line matter. Once I was trained at self scan and customer service and it mixed things up a bit I found this is where I truly thrive.

1 2 3 4 5