Real Canadian Superstore

Real Canadian Superstore Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: blank
Cons: long hours and no recognition
The pay for regular colleagues is decent however the amount of hours supplied is horribly lacking. The ability to move up is there until you actually move up in the company and you realize it was a mistake. The day to day store managers are decent people to work with and for, however the district managers are way out of touch with the stores and push – more... down unattainable expectations. Paul Brown, (District Manager) believes that the people are not working to their full potential and ignores the fact that all his management staff put in at least 10 hours a day with the normal being 12. He comes into the stores and spends all day sending emails ignoring the fact that his management team sacrifices so much to make up for the fact that the company will not supply more hours for the stores to do the job they need to. At the end of it all he turns around and says its not good enough. The senior management has really lost touch with the day to day operations of the stores and the store management team suffers – less
Not a very good work environment
General Services (Current Employee), winnipeg, manitobaApril 3, 2014
Cons: rude management
The job itself is as expected. It is not a workplace in which you can apply current skills, or even develop new ones. Its a rather plain/ boring work environment.Co-workers are pleasant to be around and are quite friendly (for the most part), but as for management, a lot are rude, and demand you to do work that is not for your department (even when – more... people of set department are available). – less
I enjoyed helping the kind customers.
Over the Counter Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Pros: stocking and orginizing
Cons: heavy work
I really liked communicating with people and the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when I had to pull the pallets. I had a lot of fun when I was organizing the medicines and restocking them at the pharmacy.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 28, 2014
It was a job that taught me even more customer service skills.
Superstore
Cashier (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 27, 2014
Involved a lot of standing. Did not work there long enough to get to know anybody.
Great!
Seafood Sales Associate (Current Employee), 3045 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON L5C 1T7March 17, 2014
This is a great place to work at. I've learned many skills in time management, people skills, and more. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful regardless of whether they are a friend to you or not. Hardest part of my job particularly is cleaning up the seafood section.
Decent first job
GROCERY CLERK (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 14, 2014
Management can be difficult but most of the guys are good guys. Work can be monotonous but usually not hard.
Good first job
FRONT-END SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), BramptonMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free thanksgiving dinner
Cons: long hours, muscle pain
A typical day at work consisted primarily of returning carts left in the parking lot back to the store. However in our spare time, we would often perform a wide range of tasks including: bagging groceries, re-stocking shelves, and bringing water jugs to Customer Service.

While working in this service industry, I learned vital skills regarding customer – more... service. Including how to speak to people appropriately and not to take everything a customer says to heart; as often times, a person may not be angry with you, and instead with the situation they are in.

While working at Superstore, we went through a wide range of management. Some of our managers where very good, and highly liked for their management style of trusting their employees to do their jobs. While under their leadership, employee satisfaction was considerably higher, and our store a generally happier workplace. Other managers preferred a more "hands-on" approach that often caused employees to only perform their basic job requirements.

During my employment, I went through a wide range of co-workers. Many times Service Clerks were not scheduled to work together. However, when we were, my fellow employees (for the most part) performed their duties effectively and ensured that their jobs were being accomplished.

The hardest part of my job was a combination of August heat and February blizzards. In addition, there were minor difficulties, but fortunately never anything serious enough to warrant a major complaint.

The most enjoyable part of my job is without a doubt the Thanksgiving dinner that Superstore's Cooking School prepared for staff. – less
not fun anymore
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 9, 2014
Pros: if you get the hours you get raises in pay fast but i am at top rate which took 7 years.
Cons: i do all the work so everything beyond that is a con
well superstore has been my first job I started right out of high school. I have learned a lot about myself and what I can do as a person when given the opportunities.. I am the fastest most efficient worker in the deli department and get taken advantage of a lot of times. I have been denied the assistant job but still am expected to do the jobs that – more... the assistant does which is rather exhausting but now that I am at top rate its not too bad but the staff are so lazy that I just cant deal with stupid people anymore.. I am left in charge of the staff so that is good in the sense that if they aren't moving fast enough on something I can have them do something else or train them a faster way which at times the managers of the department don't even train them to do. I guess with my job it always has something different to do not just standing in one spot doing the same thing.. not much about the job enjoys me any more hence why I am searching for something new and more to get out of my life. – less
Good pay and benefits, but you are just a number to the people that work there
Superstore Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2014
Pros: simple, good pay
Cons: rude people, horrible supervisors
I worked at Superstore for two years before I quit. At first it was a fun job, I was learning lots and got to talk to and meet new people everyday. The pay and benefits are good, but supervisors are rude and do not care about you as a human being at all. I would only go back if I was desperate for a job, and only because of the pay and benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee), St.CatharinesMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great breaks
Cons: terrible shifts
Great place to work and Great coworkers to work with. I enjoyed my duties even tho they were repetitive, I thoroughly enjoyed working for them.
Fun to do for experiance
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: making new friends, having a good enough lunch hour and breaks
Cons: short hours, schedual timing
I always had fun because I got to meet new people and learn something new everyday.
I learned how to treat customers with greetings and how to do customer service when it was needed.
The management was always on alerts and they made sure everything that had to be done was done when needed.
My co-workers were always easy to get along with. They were – more... always there to help me when I needed it, or if I had a question there was always someone near y to answer it for me.
The hardest part on this job was trying to remember all the codes for the produce items but I managed to get the hang of it thanks to my co-workers and people that worked there with me.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet new people and that I was able to get along with everyone very easily. I love how everyone there always treated me with respect and helped me towards me goals. – less
Friendly Colleagues
Bulk Foods Clerk (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: random free food in the lunch room
Cons: not a lot of hours
I enjoy how Colleagues and Managers always say hello with a smile and ask how you and others are doing. Their ready to help you if you ask and get to know and work with each other well.
Superstore is a good company for a first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: lots of customer service experience
Cons: short shifts, not many hours
I enjoyed my time at superstore as a produce clerk. It was good for me to start in a big union based company to see how rules and regulations should be followed. However, I don't see much of a future working in a grocery store, and would much rather get a solid career in the trades industry.
great experience
Associate (Former Employee), SurreyFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: early shift
Cons: short hours at the time.
Busy, and friendly.
Doing the magazines in the morning was my favorite position, I would love to do it again.
Stressful
Host (Former Employee), Duncan, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: helping people locate something in the store.
Cons: having to stand at the door for 4 hours.
I worked in Loss Prevention and found it was difficult, after a while, to always be looking at people as a potential thief.
Productive, fun workplace
Produce and Deli clerk (Current Employee), Sudbury OntarioFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: employee discount, fair hours
Cons: not lots of hours given, managment
Hard working days, stocking meats and vegetables. Excellent staff, very energetic and fun
Productive and Fun workplace
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: worked in cold environment
I served in Real Canadian Superstore as meat wrapper in meat department. My supervisor was very kind and supportive. I got the opportunity to learn about some physical work and teamwork. My co-workers were also very supportive and friendly.
Interesting workplace
Confidants
Mutual respect
Busy to work with
Stock Person (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 13, 2014
My typical day at work is busy always and I learned how to deal to the people management are fair to the employer. Co-workers are all good to work with and I'm get along with them the hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer but for my experienced all you have to have is patience and the most enjoyable part of the job joking around with – more... the co-workers. – less

1 2 3 4 5