Reading Town Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not For Everyboday
Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 February 2017
I briefly worked at Reading Town in West Vancouver. The students are all very bright and the reading material is interesting.

Unfortunately, the management is poor. A minor error, like writing the percentage symbol (%) caused much distress for the director because no one else had ever used it.

The school director blames bad student behaviour on instructors' personality, and refuses to take the basic corrective step of informing the parents.

The hours available were very limited.

The West Vancouver director's English comprehension isn't all that great, so errors in communication and understanding were common.

I didn't interact with my coworkers very much, but they were fine, helpful, and professional.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
Poor human resources management
Teaching students to understand and strengthen their reading, writing, and speaking skills.
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill22 July 2015
Working at Reading Town has allowed me to implementing what I have learned at Teachers College in regards to differentiated instructions and assessments. I love working in this educational environment, and everyday is a refreshing reminder that I am in a job that I love.
I have amazing colleagues and we are always collaborating to ensure our lesson plans are effective. Students are our first priority and we make sure we create a safe and equitable environment for our students.
Everyday was a new day
teacher taught and assisted students (Former Employee) –  Richmond, ON25 June 2015
I had a great time working for Reading Town and helping students with their academic needs. I learned a lot of skills that I apply to my day to day life. The management at Reading Town was organized, understanding, and professional. My co-workers were able to maintain the professional environment and commit to their tasks as asked to. The most enjoyable part of my day at Reading Town was to see child walk out smiling while having learnt at least one new thing and the appreciation by parents.
Impression
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 December 2014
Reading Town is a very good tutor institution and the boss are so nice to me and we have a good relationship with each other. I like this company very much.
love helping children
Student Assistance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2012
I was working in Reading Town about one and half year. i was preparing the study materials and assist children to have conputer test.
Great students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton22 June 2012
This is a great place to work after school. The students are really dedicated to learning and the class size is limited to three students.
Pros
small classes
Cons
part-time only