Permanent part-time position (20 hours/week @$16/hr), regular office hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, Ottawa, ON. Application deadline is December 10, 2012. Selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job Description for this Position:
Event Management/Fundraising—Experience essential
1. Event Management/ Fundraising: Annual Run, Auction, Comedy Night, Annual General Meeting, & miscellaneous
-Coordinate committee meetings, liaising with Chairperson and Executive Director. Send email notices for each meeting and assist Chairs as required.
-Seek additional new sponsorship potentials, review and develop sponsorship package.
-Brochure development, creative follow up, mass mailings, distribution, tracking.
-Liaise with committee of each event and develop timelines, monitor progress of committee member activities.
-Support Chairpersons of each event, committee members and act as a resource to them.
-Attend committee meetings as requested.
-Report to Executive Director formally on a weekly basis (informally, at anytime).
2. Client/ Board/ Committee Relations:
-Work with and support Staff, Board, office volunteers, Chairpersons and committees of special events and others as required
-Facilitate client referrals as required
3. Database/ Website Management:
-Maximize database use to enhance efficiency and obtain requested data with ease
-Proficient knowledge of database administration required; training will be provided on using Raisers Edge
-Strong ability to accurately input/ update names of all attendees, code all events
-Work with webmaster to update/ maintain website content
-While recognizing the capability to manage database will progress in various stages, candidate is required to ensure data is accurate, consistent, current, and available upon request.
4. Project Management/Administration such as:
-Friends of Reach campaign
-Seek grants and other potential revenue identification
-Office Administration duties.
1. Events including database use periodically reviewed and or re-structured.
2. Strong ability in database management, previous experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
3. Project development/ enhancement of on-going events
4. Identification and writing of grants/sponsorships and other new revenue generating ideas.
5. Bilingual in English and French languages an asset.