RCA Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
MRT (Current Employee) –  Calgary23 June 2017
One of the radiologists was just talking about bad reviews online and I had to come on here and put in my two cents. I have been here for 9 years and love working here! It is challenging fun, and great comraderie. They went through a restructuring a few years ago which upset a few people especially when friends lost their jobs. They were like family. But it had to be done and most everyone understood the situation. Morale was low for a bit, understandably, but is much better now.

They have the latest technology/equipment, great radiologists to work with, and provide generous salary and benefits.

Awesome team environment!
Pros
Great work, great people, great perks!
Great Work Environment
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
I worked as an ultrasound tech with RCA (Mayfair) for 1.5 years. I only left because I needed to move closer to my family. The work environment is very positive! They offer so much support to employees. The benefits package is amazing, very fair education allowance, great RRSP matching program and lots more. There are so many opportunities to take advantage of with this company. For ultrasound there are many learning opportunities that they provide the education and support for such as breast imaging, msk imaging and vascular. Relatively low stress environment to work in.
Lots of opportunities by choice for overtime work.
Pros
Benefits and support
A Huge Disappointment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2017
This company used to care about the patient and their experience while visiting one of the many RCA locations. That all changed drastically after the oil recession hit Alberta.

Their focus instantly changed from patient care to keeping as much money as they could in their pockets & not caring who had to suffer because of it. Many committed staff members were "let go" leaving current staff overworked & stressed out leading to unsafe conditions for both patients & employees.

There is absolutely NO job security no matter how committed you are & for being a company in the "health care" industry, they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE about mental health issues. Management "sweeps" the issues they are aware about under the carpet refusing to "deal" with it but when it doesn't "go away", they let the person/people go.

I would not recommend working for this Company unless you yourself have no morales or Values. Although they pay well, you will only fill the void they need until you are no longer needed. You will not be seen as a person but rather a number.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Disconnect between management & staff
Terrible place to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  AB1 February 2017
This is a terrible place to work! The work environment is toxic. The company works with just the bare necessity of techs often overworking them and compromising patient safety. Front receptionists often assist with technician jobs even though they are not licensed. This would be something very interesting for the governing bodies of these technicians to look into undercover! There is zero job stability and no loyalty. They will fire senior employees to hire less trained ones they can pay less. It is a very dirty, underhanded and shady company that does NOT care about patients (and even less about their staff) but rather only making the owners more money. Staff is afraid to say anything in fear they will be fired next....which is usually what happens if you say something. If you are looking at the company for a job...pay attention to these honest and open negative comments and run the other direction!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Zero job stability, dishonest, corrupt business, no loyalty, daily fear of job loss (on purpose by management). Too many negatives to even list them all.
You are just a number, they laid off many employees
x ray technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Laid off 30 + xray techs and receptionists at RCA/MAYFAIR Diagnostics, after laying them off asked them to come back as casuals without benefits. Clinics were over worked horrible company they do not care about the employees just about the money.
Cons
no job security
Horrible place to work treats staff poorly!
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2016
Was the worst place I have ever worked!

The management treats staff poorly unless you are a personal friend of theirs, and no big surprise as they let just about anyone be a manager. Higher up HR has some really unprofessional and uncaring and untrustworthy people working there.
They cut corners with patients and do unnecessary exams. All the staff are stressed there is zero job security working here and very little satisfaction, not to mention working with out of date equipment and equipment that is regularly breaking down.

It is very apparent working here that it's their bottom line that is important to them, not the patients, not the staff!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Being treated poorly, highly stressful working environment, bad management.
Lots of changes and still one of the best companies I've worked for
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
I joined RCA Diagnostics during a big transition for the company that enforced needed change to allow for growth. Through my position I could see that although some employees had issue with this, most staff embraced the changes and agree with the value it has brought to the growth of the company. I am excited to work for RCA. It is a forward thinking, progressive company that has gone to extreme lengths to research what patient care means to those who utilize our services, and how best to help the people we serve. That motivates me.

But if this wasn't enough, the company constantly internally posts career opportunities and is contentious to offer education and mentorship to promote lateral and advanced career moves to all staff who want it. It offers staff the opportunity to speak to leadership if they aren't happy and be heard; something I haven't experienced in my previous work history where a 'don't ask a question that you don't want to hear the answer to' mentality was prominent. Most companies wouldn't survey their staff on engagement, hold frequent town halls to offer open forums regarding change, host an abundance of team building and social events, and increase availability of their executives if they weren't interested in keeping their employees happy - all things that I've noticed during my time at RCA.

The work life balance, company culture, pay and benefits are stellar, particularly for clinic staff. Since there is room for improvement for every company, I will say that this could be better for administration staff, but not enough to make it a company I
  more... wouldn't want to work for.

Despite the changes made last year, I feel that those who I work with are proud to be here, just as I am. Especially in this economic time where other industries are suffering and hard working people can't find a job, even at lesser companies. I am grateful for the opportunity and know my career will advance and thrive at RCA. I will also note that I am not being paid to write this review as I noticed an allegation from a previous, obviously disgruntle employee, and know for a fact that no one is - that's unethical. I write this review because I don't think positive word is heard enough when companies do right by their staff and customers, and RCA deserves this accolade.
Worst place I have ever worked
Medical Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2016
RCA Diagnostics/Mayfair Diagnostics does not care about their employees in any way. They do not give enough time for appointments and if the appointment times are not always filled, you are in danger of losing your job. The appointments are always double booked and no extra time is given for difficult patients, such as a non-English speaking, wheel-chair ridden, very elderly patients who are unwilling to cooperate. There are not breaks and there is rarely time to run to the washroom or get a drink. There is absolutely no communication or organization between management and staff. Patient and staff safety is overlooked in favour of making more money. Before I left a patient needed help getting off the exam tables and nobody was able to help her due to injury and lack of staff. Staff are exhausted and stressed out and it doesn't sound like any changes for the better are coming. There is no acknowledgement for all your hard work, other than getting yelled at by the occasional radiologist because the computers are down (they always are) or the internet is slow. Whomever wrote the last review was obviously paid to write it or is a radiologist themselves, because I don't know of any employee that currently works there that would recommend this company. If you are seriously considering working at RCA Diagnostics, I would recommend going into any of their clinics and asking literally any employee who doesn't own a share in the company if they would recommend working for them. Chances are very good that they will tell you to work for a different company if you can. I left on  more... my own accord as soon as I was offered a job elsewhere and I suggest you look elsewhere as well. If I could give it zero stars or negative stars, I would.  less
Pros
There are a couple nice radiologists
Cons
Everything about this company
Good company to work for
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2016
Reasonably decent company to work for with market competitive salary & benefits and reasonable job security & advancement possible.
Pros
Reasonble benefits & salary
Cons
Extremely stressful at time
Not Respectful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 May 2016
I recently worked for this company. They do pay well and have decent benefit plans, although this company uses personal hardships against its employees and the fear of losing your job as punnishment for all offenses big or small.

I was under going treatment for a mental health issue and the failed to follow my doctors work restrictions.

My illness was used as a weapon and eventually the work place became toxic and i ended up on the mental health ward.

Since then i have not been able to work and they also let go 4 of my close co-workers for seeking help or taking any sort of leave of absence.
Pros
Moeny
Cons
Not woth your mental health
Good pay/benefits, lacks job security
Booking clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2016
Started with RCA 2 years ago, loved the environment at first, that quickly changed with bullying from technicians and nothing being done by management. Staff are afraid to voice any concerns because job security is non existent with this company.

Casual staff being hired are not trained properly and are mistreated when mistakes are made. I find it unfair for the casual employees as well as the staff that has to work with them on a busy day untrained.

Most days are chaotic and stressful due to heavy workloads and not enough staff to preform the duties that are expected.
Interesting and challenging clinic.
Medical Radiation Technologist. (Current Employee) –  South Calgary Health Centre (Urgent Care)29 August 2015
A fun clinic to work at if you love a challenging pace. Servicing Urgent Care means receiving a lot of interesting cases. No radiologists on site here, so your responsibilities are somewhat increased. Good eyes are a must! A satisfying place to work- many compliments are given regarding the speed and efficiency of the workers here. The clinic is well organized and run very efficiently by the supervisor. Co-workers are great, teamwork is strong and communication at this clinic is very good.

Many changes have occurred and are still happening within the rest of RCA, which have been difficult for some of the employees. Some services and clinics are being upgraded and there is a lot of moving around at the moment. As a casual employee most of these changes do not affect the daily work day. I also occasionally fill in at Aspen, the Core, and Crowfoot and find those places enjoyable to work as well. It's a perk to be able to float through different clinics as casual staff to keep your work varied.

Only downfall of this clinic may be that the equipment is a bit outdated, however that is being remedied this fall with all new DR. This site can also get extremely busy at times so a new DR room will be a big help. Many of the other clinics are getting their equipment updated as well this year with all the changes being made in the company, which is nice.

All in all a good job if you don't mind hard work!
Pros
good salary, nice variety of cases, fast-paced, excellent colleagues and clinic supervisor, well organized
Cons
can get very busy, somewhat isolated from the rest of RCA
Good job
MRT (Current Employee) –  Calgary21 August 2015
A recent restructuring has affected morale somewhat, but this is a great place to work. I've worked for several different radiology providers in Calgary. They provide good support to technologists, good money and benefits, and a fun working environment, at least at the clinic I work. It's a little busier now after restructuring, but right in line with what people expected of me at my other jobs. It was pretty slack before the restructuring so I can see why they made changes.

Admin was pretty accommodating, but now I think their hands are tied somewhat. Lots of changes in admin that will hopefully settle out.
Pros
Fun people, interesting work, good pay and benefits
Cons
Recent restructuring has decreased morale. Admin support has decreased too.
Has potential but needs some work!
Radiation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Casual Clinics20 August 2015
This company has the makings of becoming a good workplace. Clinics have great equipment and are well run by their supervisors. Tech and reception staff are hardworking and provide excellent patient care.

There's a lack of rapport between the administration staff and tech staff/clinic supervisors that often results in disorganization and disrupts the workday. Things like email notifications or responses are often overlooked.

Job security is an issue due to recent restructuring and layoffs. Workers are afraid to voice their opinions without backlash due to this lack of security. There is little opportunity for advancement or contribution.

Staff are constantly coming and going (being hired and fired) with little or poor training given, which puts additional stress on current employees and compromises patient care. Due to recent layoffs less staff are also trying to cope with more volume of patients in addition to new staff who have not been properly oriented.

Radiologists are good, but maybe out of touch with the above issues in management.

There is a lot of potential here. This company was the best place to work in Calgary. Maybe the "restructuring" will carry over into the offices and communication and organization will improve. Job satisfaction currently depends largely on what clinic you are placed at.
Pros
good co-workers and clinic supervisors, nice clinics and equipment, lots of perks outside of work (get-togethers, etc.)
Cons
poor management, lack of communication between administration and workers, disorganization in central offices, training poorly organized, lack of leadership
Great company
Medical Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2015
I have been with RCA Diagnostics a few years & find the work challenging & fulfilling. I was employed throughout the recent changes & having worked alongside some staff that were 'let-go' found the changes justified.
Pros
Clinic prides itself in providing excellent patient care
Treat their staff poorly
Medical radiological technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary11 August 2015
This company is in need of new management. They recently "restructured" by letting 1/3 of their staff go and the ones that were laid off were the lucky ones. The staff that is left is severely overworked and under appreciated. There are no breaks, so you don't get to sit down or use the bathroom until lunch. They do not give enough time for appointments, so you can't provide quality patient care. It's like an assembly line. It is severely unorganized and none of the radiologist seem to know what's going on in terms of management. There is zero job security with this company.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Overworked, no job security, treated poorly
Reasonable wage
MOA (Current Employee) –  Mayfair21 July 2015
Lots of front lining for techs and admin. Rules are different for everyone. No consistent way of doing things. Too many to-do's per person. Too much training of casual employees. Radiologists expect you to drop everything to cater to their needs.
Pros
Good wage, potlucks (always cleaned up by front desk staff), fast tech support
Cons
Ridiculous expectancy of shifts (ie: working until 9pm), constant training of new people, admin not responsible for themselves or those they are meeting, fear of losing job
Great staff and management
Patient Navigator/Reception/ MSK assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB14 June 2015
RCA was a great place to work, I really enjoyed my time there. It had a wonderful management team and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting and talking with the patients and working with the technologists.
Pros
benefits and co-workers
Cons
cut backs
It was good
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  calgary13 June 2015
When I first initially started I was 18 years old, the company was under good staff and great Admin.

Then it changed this year with new people rolling in and changing things around.

they made alot of expensive upgrades and downfalls and had to let over 1/3 of its staffing go. This includes xray technologists, mammogram+BMD techs, managers and reception.
Pros
potlucks, benefits, social gatherings, managers
Cons
Administration was untrustworthy