RBC Employee Reviews

balance work
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2017
Work and family life balance is nil. Pay is very low. asked to to work all sort of hours. Management is not that great, Its hard to keep up the balance
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
Amazing company to work for if you love working with clients. Great management who works with you to meet your goals. good bonus at the end of the year if you meet your sales targets.
Good company with great work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2016
RBC is a great company to work for. There is good work/life balance. Management is mostly supportive (there are some bad apples).
If you network and work hard, there are lots of opportunities and room for growth. It's a great brand to have on your resume.

The only negative is that when you move around in the company, pay bumps are limited to 2-10%. Sometimes they will be willing to pay more to candidates coming from outside, vs their existing employees which can be frustrating.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Pay
A great place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
The people I work with are extremely professional, which provided new people like me a great opportunity to learn, to grow. I'm feeling really lucky to start my career and first job at RBC.
Exciting and supportive workplace
Financial Transactions Administrator (Former Employee) –  155 wellington street29 June 2016
Very fun place to work and supportive management. Flexible hours and lots of opportunities to learn. The job is very demanding but the rewards are worth the work.
Pros
learning opportunity
productive fun workplace
Cards Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
great place to work, nice people. lots of food and social gatherings. good team work - new family formed. benefits and work hours manageable. room for growth
Fast pace environment
Manager - Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Technology that serves the business.
Multiple applications, not enough resources.
Vendor management included.
Technology based projects on top of application projects.
Budgeting.
Professional and fun
Account Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I love working for RBC. The management and staff are amazing. Pay is reasonable and I love that they offer variety of pension plans and savings plan for employees.
Senior Adviser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Great place to work. The people are amazing and managers are there to help and support you. Lots of room for advancements but the pay could be a lot better.
Good workplace environment, very friendly management and peers
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
I enjoyed my time at RBC, the training was in depth and thorough. Management was nice and helpful. Overall good place to work.
Client servicing
CLIENT SERVICE SKILLS and SALES ACHIEVEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
I had an internship for few months.I learned all the financial transactions as a bank teller .My supervisor and manager was so supportive in teaching me how the bank machine works and their system of working in a bank .The management was great!!And I loved working in a bank as a client service representative.
Pros
GREAT ADMINISTRATION
Cons
NOTHING MUCH
Excellent place to start your career.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Although RBC is a big organization, the team spirit runs deep in its office culture. Overall, a great office culture, everyone helps out each other.
Productive place to work
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2016
Good employer and place to start a career. Great training for the commercial account manager in Toronto.
The hardest part of the job is the balance between life and work. Be ready to do extra shift. Poor management team, a lot of employee turnover.
fair place to work
Credit Cards Advisor\ ERM (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
its a good place to work, however some managers take there power to the head and that heavily effects work place satisfaction
Pros
looks good on teh resume
Cons
no work life balance even tho they promote it so much
Windows 7 Roll-Out
Technical Support (Account Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2015
Description of Position –
- 2nd Tier Account Team Lead of Windows Migration
- Register Machine to the CCU (Central Configuration Unit) Machine Data inventory
- Install Red dawn application used to back-up/restored data
- Windows Migration using Bonas stick
- Call and Raised a ticketing system on command center reporting problem of windows migration and any application support by IBM

Onsite Migration Services is to have at least 95% of the workstations migrate successfully to Windows 7 by start of business July- October 2015. 500 end-User successfully Migrated into Windows 7 of all branch office and customer service in British Columbia a project by IBM Management.
Invest By Phone
Member of the Invest By Phone Select Group (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2016
Fast paced job where you deal with clients calling in with investment inquires.
Great people for the most part. Management should and could do alot better when dealing with staff.
Cons
Underpaid
Good salary/benefits
Manager, Retail and E-commerce Rewards (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
Good work/life balance;
Good salary/benefits;
Good employee training programs;
Company is too big and sometime react to changes in a slow pace;
Sales driven
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON21 February 2017
daily office duties performed, financial transactions, sales and customer relations. I learned that i have the ability to work hard and achieve any goal
It was a great place to work...
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
Now it's all about blood from a stone. Environment became toxic over the past 2 years. Layoffs left right and centre when they really do need the people. Now pressuring those left behind to work overtime and no appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Stressful/hostile environment
I love it
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I've had great experience working at RBC. you get what you expect from working at the bank as IT. Slowly adapting new technology but it takes a long time to implement actual process. People are great, I love the culture there, especially as a member of LGBTQ, I had no problem. I got lots of support there, and I miss working at RBC.
Pros
LGBTQ friendly
Cons
need permission or ticket to implement something simple and it takes FOREVER)