RBC Employee Reviews

Good Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  CA26 August 2016
Good Company, work from home option, flexible work hours, good atmosphere, quiet a few hurdles for career advancement - mangers don't want trained resource to leave or make a career move within the company.
productive workplace
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
It was an interesting experience, required proficiency in java coding. At times there was stress to deal with, and at other times the work place was relax.
standard admin job
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
Working for Day to Day administration routine , not busy location to work and no innovation we need to follow what it is in the book
Pros
too many vacations
Cons
salary was not enough
fun work place
Disputes Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2016
interesting carrier path. very friendly environment. manager is very good and helpful. Condense working shifts are available. colleagues are very helpful and work like a team.
Fun place to work
Disputes specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2016
This company offers great salary and great benefits , this company also offers activities and events that we are able to participate in . Great management
Pros
Activities
Cons
Career advancement
Productive and Fun
Junior Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 August 2016
Fun, awesome learning experience, diversified management, co-workers are really flexible, most enjoyable part was about being given different opportunities
Exceptional Place to Work
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
RBC Shareholder Services is an exceptional place to work. Great manager and co-workers.Great team support and fostering of team spirit.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Some times Long Hrs in Peak Season
Great company
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
RBC is a great company to work for, although the shift work can be tedious at times. They are fair and consistent with the hours given, plus the benefits are decent, although it could be a bit cheaper.
Stimulating workplace
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  685 W Hastings street22 August 2016
The Royal Bank of Canada is a great workplace to be apart of. I have acquired excellent customer service skills through my daily interactions with clients.
Nice colleagues. little risk
Operations Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2016
I find that banks do not take much risk, so if you are in the IT field and looking for something cutting edge, this isn't for you although the people are quite pleasant to work with and you will learn a lot otherwise.
Rbc
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2016
Good company to work at, mature processes, good life to work balance, Great for increasing technical and business competency working with complex mission critical systems, 3-rd party vendors.
Pros
Mature processes
Cons
Agility needs to be developed
fun work environment and very helpfull team leaders
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2016
- The environment everyday was very fun and comfortable, being punctual was most important for every employee.

- Learned more about what customer service is and applied it everyday at work, full training given by RBC on how to analyze all client information within database to provide best solutions to help ease their debt.

- Team leaders helped with any situations that were hard to solve, they did team meetings to discuss goals and any further improvements needed to apply to help clients ease their debt.

- At RBC there were teams for each team leader, members of each team were very helpful and respectful.

- The hardest part working at RBC was communicating with the clients over the phone because not every client was the same.

- The most enjoyable part was working in a team oriented environment where everyone helped each other, everyone was very respectful of each other.
Na
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2016
- Great environment to work
- Friendly staff
- Motivating senior management
- Enhanced my skill set.
- Proper learning opportunities
- Adequate work load
Lots of room for movement
Sr. BA/QA Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2016
everyday presented different fires to be fought. I learned to think quickly and rely on others for their expertise. My co-workers were amazing to work with and felt like a family were everybody pitched in to get the job done right the first time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
A challenging environment to work.
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2016
A challenging environment to work. It takes personal interest and drive to survive here.

The training here is top notch. Performance expectation is very high.
Positive
Conseiller expert en services bancaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2016
Great place to start out career. Not sure it is great for the long term with all the compression's being made on a yearly basis.
A typical large organization
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Like any publically traded, profit driven enterprise, RBC pays a great deal of lip service to their values and how important a role their people play in the bank's success. But make no mistake, unless you have significant tenure, an online MBA from Harvard and are willing to "bleed blue", your importance will only go so far. One term that speaks to the "culture" at RBC is hierarchical. As a low to mid-level employee, you're often discouraged from questioning decisions or seeking clarification. And like virtually all large enterprises, lines of business at RBC operate in their own silos, making cross-functional collaboration challenging.
Pros
Good pay, competitive benefits
Cons
You're a very small cog in a very large machine
Awesome Colleagues!
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2016
I learn new things everyday in my current role, and client satisfaction is the most important. I feel successful at my job when I know my clients are fully satisfied with my work as well.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Long, exhausting days.
Good company to work for and they provide excellent courses
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Deal with escalations received
Attend required meetings
Both interesting and difficult to determine route cause of problems reported and in some cases being able to go through the software code
Courses provide along with time to do them
Able to work from home
Pros
They provide the tools necessary to do the job
Cons
Distance
I love it
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I've had great experience working at RBC. you get what you expect from working at the bank as IT. Slowly adapting new technology but it takes a long time to implement actual process. People are great, I love the culture there, especially as a member of LGBTQ, I had no problem. I got lots of support there, and I miss working at RBC.
Pros
LGBTQ friendly
Cons
need permission or ticket to implement something simple and it takes FOREVER)