RBC Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Has some great people and managers. Given the organization is large, there are silos that do not work at the same level. I am sure this will resolve with time as the new generation starts to get into leadership roles.
Pros
Great place to retire
Cons
Pay not comparable to competitors
not the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2017
a very stoic work place with tight restraints on personal time...you have 3 min to go to te bathroom. this is at the call senter , not branch. Team leaders are uneducated and will couse a great deal of stress if they do not like you
RBC Insurance = Waste of time
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
Very mismanaged side of RBC. The company as a whole is terrible to work for. Overall service and moral is extremely low. Zero to no chance of advancement. Bare minimum wages and weak leadership.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Place to work
SENIOR INSURANCE ADVISOR - Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2017
Excellent organisation to learn/grow and develop.EXCELLENT Brand value and reputation.
Supportive Managers - culture depends on each office and members of the team.
Pros
Good to start/Learn and Grow
Cons
Moving up the ladder, very slow and it is more about connections, not education/knowledge and experience.
Great company to work for, if you play ball
Deposit Monitoring Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 August 2017
RBC is a great company filled with many great people, however being a large bank it's also subject to all the pitfalls of big corporations.

Frequent long-winded meetings, abundant office politics, excessive hierarchical approval required to get anything done. I'm sure this varies greatly by department, and it's certainly possible to build a great career here, particularly if you are willing to conform to the expectations of those who will be assessing your performance.

I've found many people who have supported me in my career aspirations within RBC, it's just a shame that very few of them came from within my own office. Since I've expressed interest in pursuing my long-term career goals which lay outside my current department, I've essentially felt written-off by management here (which is perhaps understandable but still disheartening).
Pros
Good benefits, good corporate culture, networking opportunities, nice people, mobility, strong high-level leadership
Cons
Low ceilings in many departments, strict hierarchy & bureaucracy, high variance in quality of low-level managers
Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2017
confidential it was RBC Securities!!!!
a typical day at work
what I learned
management
work culture
the hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part of the job
it was wonderful expiereice
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
It was pleasant working with all people co-workers were wonderful
they all helped to meet the deadline for stop payment for cheques
and they had this in database system called iris
Positive Overall Experience
Investor Relations, Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
- Great team atmosphere and collaboratively culture
- Most employees think about solutions from the enterprise perspective and results rather than focus on individual contributions/results
- Great culture to that fosters a winning attitude and makes you strive to be the best
- Advancement in some areas may be more a function of time or other factors than results driven
Enjoyed working here
Senior QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Good organization to work, flexible hours, test team is great, workplace culture is good, work from home is allowed, good management, salary is as market
Extraordinary work, amazing people
Consultant, Program and Change Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
A place where the combination of work and people is truly a consultant's dream come true. Challenging and interesting projects, great empowerment and a collaborative team environment that permeates. I would absolutely go back in a heartbeat!
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  bathurst and college branch19 August 2017
RBC was great place to work.
Got along with whole team and Clients.
office environment was great.
All employees were helpful.
they help me and trained me well.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
low salery
Technology is always changing
ATM QA Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
RBC has put a massive focus on restructuring the company to be ahead of the curve in technology which is awesome to see on such a large scale. The management team has a clear focus and all the various departments work together extremely well to accomplish the common goals of advancing the company and the technology it operates on.
Pros
Approachable management, bleeding edge tech
Cons
Very competitive work area
Productive Work Environment
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 August 2017
Bank industry is changing very rapidly, jobs and duties are not the same. Lots of unhappy staff district wide.
Roles within branch level have become much more sale focused and employees are expected to product push on the clients.
The banks are no longer a place customers can go for truly needed products or advice. They will be pressured to sign up for products they do not need.
good starting work place after college/univesity for getting experience
Server/Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2017
- low or below average salary
- good working condition and relaxed environment
- no restriction or tight on start-time of work in the morning
- groups or politics play within corporation
- no guide-line or fair bonuses
- no salary increase according to living or inflation rate
Pros
good and relaxed working condition and sometimes have some casual drinkings after work as in groups
Cons
low or below everage salary expectation
Very dedicated to their employees skills and learning
Expert Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON13 August 2017
A typical day at work included demonstrating an excellent client experience. As an employee I learned new skills everyday at RBC. I was given one on one and group training. Every week our management team led a weekly outcome meeting with employees.
As an employee we were taught and demonstrated the importance of diversity and integrity in the workplace.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate clients. Even though we are taught how to react and cope with these clients it is hard to deal with someone blaming you personally and yelling at you for something you have no control over.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients make banking simpler and faster.
Pros
learning time, team, satisfied clients
Cons
irate clients
Diverse and Team Work oriented
Specialized Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
My job includes (what is a typical date at work)Training and Daily support of Processing Teams. My responsibilities are training individuals and Teams on RBC's products, policies, processes and platforms.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and assist the people that I support, whether it is fixing errors, or passing on my knowledge and information.
I wouldn't say that there is anything hard about my job, but I do look forward to more challenging opportunities, and there are currently minimum to no opportunities to move forward.
Great place to start your career
Senior IT Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Limited opportunities for career growth for people with international experience; unclear policies on staff promotion; management not much interested in employee opinions
Working
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
•Managing banking operations inclusive of implementing short / long plans; managing teams with focus on excelling business targets and services delivery metrics.
RBC is awesome
TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2017
No joke - this place is the best place to work in Canada! I miss it - the company is wonderful. Employee appreciation is the BEST hands down! Career advancement is good but you are so satisfied in any job it doesn't really matter much.
Pros
salary, awards and appreciation
Cons
no cons
supportive
Associate/Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2017
- supportive management
- professional working environment
- effective learning curves
- groups and or teams can work together towards one goal under the RBC umbrella

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.