RBC Employee Reviews

I love it
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
I've had great experience working at RBC. you get what you expect from working at the bank as IT. Slowly adapting new technology but it takes a long time to implement actual process. People are great, I love the culture there, especially as a member of LGBTQ, I had no problem. I got lots of support there, and I miss working at RBC.
Pros
LGBTQ friendly
Cons
need permission or ticket to implement something simple and it takes FOREVER)
Amazing Company
Disputes Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 December 2016
All i can think about is the day i rejoin my RBC family. i love everyone that works there from the CEO to the Canter manager, to the recruiters and my coworkers. Everyone there was exceptional and really embraced RBC's values.
RBC hires many foreign contracters
Technical System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
In my team, there are few full time employees. Most are contractors who hold work permits and they can be fired at any time. They are like slaves at RBC. You can imagine the culture at RBC.
Good workplace with good people
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
A very fast paced environment at the call centre. very repetitive work and boring. speaking to many customers. If speaking on the phone isn't your thing, not recommended to work at call centre.
worked with great people
Front line client adviser (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB15 November 2016
Job was good and most days interesting. Did not like the push on sales as part of my bonus as it did not look at what I did to makes the job I was doing important.
Pros
interesting most days
Cons
working saturdays and the push of sales
Great place to work and gain experience
Senior Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Friendly organization with good work life balance.
Typical 9-5 job
Lots of interaction with folks
Decent package for salary benefits and vacation.
Cons
Hard to advance vertically
It was a great place to work...
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
Now it's all about blood from a stone. Environment became toxic over the past 2 years. Layoffs left right and centre when they really do need the people. Now pressuring those left behind to work overtime and no appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Stressful/hostile environment
Good company to work for and they provide excellent courses
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2016
Deal with escalations received
Attend required meetings
Both interesting and difficult to determine route cause of problems reported and in some cases being able to go through the software code
Courses provide along with time to do them
Able to work from home
Pros
They provide the tools necessary to do the job
Cons
Distance
A very productive work place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2017
it a very diverse work environment and everyone gets along well, which i think increases the employee's moral. working with different people i have learned a lot, both work related and personal.
corporate environment with focus on sales volume penetration
Senior Account Manager Business-Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2016
I champion retail in store experience as branch champion. Where, the focus is on identifying and offering tailored holistic advice, to our business and personal clienteles. Acting as branch manager for branch operations and provide ongoing coaching to banking advisors and client care representatives. Ensuring, a high level of employee capability and engagement through focused sales routines. Regular morning huddles, focus team building synergy through insight that brings out the best in people.
Banking Advisor
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Great organisation to be part. Work environment very professional and friendly. Great benefits. typical day - assist clients with day to day transactions, Advise clients with objective of help them attain financial goal
Great place to be!
Business Client Advisor /Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Love my coworkers, love the company! It was really flexible and understanding of the fact that i often had many demands as a mother. The environment was welcoming and really allowed me to feel at home.
Great workplace
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Challenging and full of learning, employee gets opportunity to learn on the job, Good work life balance. Company standards are maintained. Growth rate is fine.
Pros
Descent salary, Employee friendly
Cons
Lesser Growth
Improve my skill and excellent work environment
Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 July 2016
A typical day start with assisting manager in assigning various deals to 7 auditors of about around 200 deals each and I learned that
I need to be fast and accurate as well as and manage good number of deals to work all time in auditor queue and my co-workers were excellent.

The hardest part was that after assigning and forwarding decline mortgage deals I hardly got time to help auditors in auditing and I
enjoy all job duties
My Review
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
I am in a specific group with in Technology and Operations. RBC encourages new technologies and new methods of doing software development. Agile and Scrum are preferred directions being followed.
Productive and dynamic workplace
Configuration Management Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Enjoyable experience where it helped me enhance my knowledge, skills and attitude in the right direction.It really gave me great exposure and experience
Great pay, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2016
If you're suited to this type of work, which involves a great deal of micromanagement, then you can do very well here. The total compensation was great, but in the end it just wasn't for me.
Fast pace environment
Manager - Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Technology that serves the business.
Multiple applications, not enough resources.
Vendor management included.
Technology based projects on top of application projects.
Budgeting.
fun place to work
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Some traditionalism and policy strictness limits your work potential growth. Manager politics. Fun to work at smaller branches. More service times at a teller wicket which provides exposure.
Exceptional
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Happy to work at RBC. It is nice multi-cultural place encouraging diversity and respecting its employees.It encourages learning and collaboration and risk taking.Provides opportunities for learning.