RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,047 reviews matching the search
Amazing work environment
Insurance Tracking Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 February 2017
Love working for RBC, very employee positive and appreciative of all. Everyday was a good day and the managers are all very open to you and your needs. Very flexible with family and work life or personal life.
employers
Customer Service Officer - Part time (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC10 February 2017
Felt that as a long time employee my loyalty and hard work was not appreciated.
Younger less experienced employees were appreciated more and promoted more frequently. Only because they were more interested in sales than customer service.
Job Details
- Investment & Retirement Planner (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON10 February 2017
meet with clients
prepared plans
presented plans
explain investment options and alternatives
estate and tax planning

Hardest part was the change of managers

best was helping clients as well as working with great people
Pros
Great bunch of co-workers
Cons
Change of managers
RBC hires many foreign contracters
Technical System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
In my team, there are few full time employees. Most are contractors who hold work permits and they can be fired at any time. They are like slaves at RBC. You can imagine the culture at RBC.
Network Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Very friendly and supportive of its employees.
Management always seeks to improve everybody's work day experience. Learning is always promoted and courses / classes are made available to employees who are willing to learn.
Great place with a great enviornment
Overnight Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
It's really a great company the people are nice and the office is great. The managers are great people too. The company give personal time when needed and you're not always under pressure. If you have done other call center jobs and didn't mind that I would definitely recommend RBC as they are a step up from that.
Exceptional training. Team.
RBC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB6 February 2017
I loved learning with RBC. It was a very high pace environment and you had to be very alert and efficient. My most satisfaction came from people leaving with a smile, as well as helping other work mates and making their job easier. Everyone worked at watching each others back. If one was about to make a mistake and someone else caught it, they were quick to help out. Low staff made it harder sometimes but we all worked and did the best we could. Management tried hard to work with my needs when i was hit with major depression. My biggest practice was diversity with people and i found my job very successful.
Pros
Good Perks. Team building
Cons
High Stress when i caught fraud.
fun workplace
Front End Collections/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  May, ON3 February 2017
call center
high turn over rate
micro managed
lots of reporting managers
pay on banking side was ok reasonable
wish there was more vacation
Pros
good company overall
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Company closed
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, BRantford2 February 2017
A lot of movement from Branch to Branch, Great benefit program and investment opportunities. Good training program. Able to move cities if needed.
good work place
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
god work place. friendly peers. decent pay , as a big organization, kind of conservative. branch management team does care about staff.
fun place to work
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Some traditionalism and policy strictness limits your work potential growth. Manager politics. Fun to work at smaller branches. More service times at a teller wicket which provides exposure.
very respectful and supportive environment with room to grow
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
A typical would be to go on the phones and start taking calls. You learn how to properly handle customers and angry clients. It is very multicultural and friendly as well as very supportive. Every there wants to see you grow and will help you on your journey with RBC.
Enjoying helping people
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 January 2017
Good benefit,
Flexible when need,
Focus on advice not sales, by focusing on advice the sales follow.
Learning team work and being professional.
A great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture
Technical Writer co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
When I first started by co-op term at RBC, I did not expect the very open and friendly workplace environment I would become a part of. All of my co-workers and superiors were very friendly and easy to approach. I felt like i was a part of the team even though it was just a temporary Placement. RBC is a place of employment I would wholeheartedly recommend
Cons
Some
Great place to work and gain experience
Senior Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Friendly organization with good work life balance.
Typical 9-5 job
Lots of interaction with folks
Decent package for salary benefits and vacation.
Cons
Hard to advance vertically
Sales Oriented
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Royal Bank. I was willing to learn and the bank was willing to send me to internal training classes. It's important that an employer understands that not having some qualification is ok as long as you are willing and able to learn. Royal Bank and I had a win-win relationship. I was loyal to the bank and the bank in turn would transfer me to branches of my choice.

I loved the interaction with staff and clients. I believe I would still be at Royal Bank if I had not made a career change.
Good Company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
It work okay to work for a bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 January 2017
Cashing customers cheques, doing deposits, doing up money orders, helping customers, opening/closing bank accounts, doing cash withdraws, helping customers set up their debit cards , and other related duties as required
Pros
Working hours were good
Cons
Was only a temp position
providing customers with great advice
Sales and Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
Working as a banking advisor required me to provide clients with advice and solution, instead of focusing on sales. The job required great communication and multi tasing skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.