RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,048 reviews matching the search
great working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 March 2017
I was only there for a short term replacement contract but it was a very positive experience. I learnt a few new administrative tasks, and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Peaceful workplace that promotes diversity and excellence.
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2017
Working at RBC I can say is the best work experience I have in my career. From the administration to the entry level people, I felt valued and respected.
is a good place to work great people
Specialized Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
The company was a fabulous place to expose yourself to different functions pertaining to the industry. The people themselves were very much enjoyable to work with and driven to succeed not only for themselves but with other associates through their teamwork bringing forth a win win for all involved.
The management basis was one of a figurehead and were always available if needed. The company was very much into diversity which in today's market is necessary for uniting people of all cultures to work in any business. A typical day could be challenging and would require the completing the many tasks or assignments given some of which could be complex but the end results would be rewarding.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working late
Management and staff were great
Cards Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2017
Great work environment however compensation for role was not equal as well as it was very difficult to advance your career. Very Sales oriented. I felt that it was very difficult to move up within RBC, most jobs entailed some sort of selling which is not something for me
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Sales Sales Sales
Good work experience overall
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 March 2017
Nice work environment and balanced worklife

Colleagues are helpful and work load not overbearing.

Lot of of opportunities to train and advance
Strong camaraderie amongst co-workers, issues with management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Co-workers often worked together as a team and had a strong bond both in and out of the workplace. Managers often had a quick turnover rate and were under trained for the position.
fun workplace
Bilingual Client Fulfillment Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2017
Fun place to work. Cubicle work environment, respectful co-workers. Occasionally free lunches and regular organized team breakfast.
Pros
fun workplace, kind co_workers
Cons
work load
Royal Bank of Canada
Client Effectiveness Coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada23 February 2017
RBC; Royal Bank of Canada being the largest Canadian bank continues to maintain its reputation. It is rated for best customer service and satisfaction. A typical day at work would include going over the coaching log for each intern and then participating in call listening. The workplace culture mainly consists of all ethnic groups with much diversity.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion is to sit beside each individual and do call listening.
The most enjoyable part of the job includes earning reward points based on best performance. These points then can be redeemed toward various products.
Pros
employee appreciation days, earn reward points
Cons
Good workplace environment, very friendly management and peers
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
I enjoyed my time at RBC, the training was in depth and thorough. Management was nice and helpful. Overall good place to work.
Excellent Work Environment
Summer Student, Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great job, really enjoyed it and good pay.
Great place to work.
The people are amazing and managers are there to help and support you.
I learned that I have the ability to work hard and achieve my targets & goals.
Senior Adviser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Great place to work. The people are amazing and managers are there to help and support you. Lots of room for advancements but the pay could be a lot better.
Cool workplace, Management could use some work
Outbound Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Best part about the job is the co-workers, worst is management. Management was highly unprofessional,informal management is good but a lot of the time some structure is needed.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Poor Management
balance work
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 February 2017
Work and family life balance is nil. Pay is very low. asked to to work all sort of hours. Management is not that great, Its hard to keep up the balance
Sales driven
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON21 February 2017
daily office duties performed, financial transactions, sales and customer relations. I learned that i have the ability to work hard and achieve any goal
Fast pace environment
Manager - Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Technology that serves the business.
Multiple applications, not enough resources.
Vendor management included.
Technology based projects on top of application projects.
Budgeting.
Technology oriented bank
Network Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
Very productive and a lot of opportunity to learn. RBC always encourages employees to grow and gain experience. The hardest part of the job is sometimes there is no work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is always something to learn.
Very Okay
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  6880 Financial Drive Mississauga18 February 2017
This is a good environment that promote diversity and inclusion. Good employee management program and training as well. Good place to work.
Pros
Work life balance
Great Place to Work
Covarity Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
Worked with RBC for 7 years and was able to be promoted 6 times during that time. Unfortunately I encountered one manager that changed/ended my progression within the organization or I would still be there.
Pros
Best for work/life balace
good place to work
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
nice people to work with , most of the time you will work remotely unless you have to go to the client location with your laptop .
a lot of work nice setting.
The best work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
I loved my job. My bosses and team were very nice people to work with and we always encouraged each other to do our best. Our work consisted in taking phone calls in order to assist customers and to sell company products as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.