RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  ONJanuary 19, 2016
you are left to innovate and maximize the use of your time for the project. by this approach more can be given to the project.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Project can get monotonous.
Excellent Bank and People, a good place to work
Caribbean Markets Project Manager, Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I have enjoyed working at RBC as its a very professional and customer oriented organization. The organization ensures that their employees can actively engage in different activities and is always open to discussions in a very professional way.

I have found this the best bank in Canada to work and where have found the most professional people to work with.
Pros
The work, the people, the office, the environment is great
Cons
I cannot find anything
RBC Associate position
nil (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Can anyone say what is the starting salary for this type of job with RBC; much appreciate.

How about the day to day tasks of this position?

thx.
It's a bank
Investment and Retirement Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 25, 2015
It's a large Canadian Financial Institution, so, very similar to the other ones. There are many different areas to work there.
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Pros
Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons
Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
is a good place to work
Cash custodian (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONDecember 3, 2015
good place to work, they have excellent benefits but I need more hours and I am not getting them. Good training program and always staying on top of technologies to make banking 1st rate
It was fun working there
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
People working here were very jovial.Ready to help at any time.helped me to enhance my career and will help me to grow .overall had a nice experience.
I really enjoy Driving!
Bonded Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2015
As a bonded driver, i was at the airport by 5am to help unload Bank Bags from the aircraft!. Then all drivers would Verify Correct Bag Destination! Then we all set-out to deliver Bank Bags specific to our ROUTE. I was driving about 385 km./day. At the end of the day, we would finish our Routes leading back to the airport in Saskatoon! We would then sort & reload the Bank Bags into the aircraft bound for Calgary! ALL deliveries & pick-ups we're TIME SENSITIVE!!!
Pros
plenty of scenery!
Cons
bad weather!
Same as last
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 25, 2015
Getting to know clients, having the A/C on while it is scorching hot outside was one of the pros. I loved getting to learn more about the bank institution as a client service representative (teller).
na
data entry (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 24, 2015
this is an ok job, nothing challenging. there is job security working at this position, but it isn't something that i want to be doing for the next 10 years. there are many things that i do not agree with
excellent place to work
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
RBC is a forward thinking, trending with the times company. They have many initiatives and an excellent training program for all staff.
Serving customers and giving sound financial advice is a typical day at RBC. Everyone works as a team.
You are constantly learning new and innovative ways to serve customers better.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
hours vary
Strong Company
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
RBC is very strong competitor among banks. It give good pay compare to other banks. However, the manager did not give too much support for employees' career pursuit.
Call Centre
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBNovember 5, 2015
Salary and Perks are good.
Managers/Supervisors are all decent. There are cliques.
Group Insurer is not easy to deal with if you get ill without a specific title of illness.
Pros
good remuneration
Cons
benefits provider is whacked.
Had to challenge myself every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2015
Fun work place
Big company and great bonuses
Good relation with my bosses
The hardest part was advancement
What I most like about RBC is working with a big company and experiences that I have earn from them.
Had to deal with different kind of clients every day and I love working in diversity.
I didn't like the fact that they did not give me the opportunities to show them that I can handle more works and go beyond myself.
Pros
Having to challenge myself and going above myself
Cons
Slow advancement
the ideas are good. The implementation is another matter.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with people. You make friends with your clients.
the hardest part is to get a promotion.
Pros
good locations, several branches to choose from.
Cons
never enough staff
A work-place where all your effort is appreciated.
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2015
Workplace where the manager always appreciate your hard work and is always giving you the opportunity to grow. Great health benefits and other benefits.
Good place to work!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
Good learning experience. Great colleagues. Limited growth opportunities in Burlington if you wish grow in Finance/ Accounting
fun workplace
Systems Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
It was very nice working with RBC. The staff nd the management is very helpfull. I would always nice working with all of them
Overall satisfing work experience.
Junior Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton NBOctober 19, 2015
Working there everyday was like a new puzzle to solve, which is a good fit for me. there was no one size fits all solutions. Offering financial advise and exploring options to help clients either save or make money made for a very satisfying experience.
Pros
Medical Insurance
Cons
technical issues largely unaddressed
Great place to learn and grow
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow as a career person and to network as well.

The management isn't always very logical unforunately and the salary is very low.

Staff can be both very fun to work with and very difficult as well.