RBC Employee Reviews

good experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
Challenging work environment with opportunities to contribute in a variety of roles including consumer and business sales, inventory management, technical support.
Great Place to work
Senior Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2017
My typical day at work entails responding to clients with professional and accurate service for all their everyday banking transaction needs in RBC Advice Centre. Through each client interaction, I look for opportunities to offer additional advice beyond the immediate customer need and refer clients to the appropriate RBC partner/alternative channel in an effective and efficient manner.
Great place to work, goog work/life balance
PRIVATE BANKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
great place to work, good office culture and work/life balance. There is a effort to provide opportunities for development and growth for employees. Would recommend working here.
its okay, but not the best
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Okay place to work, but out of the 4 big banks culture isn't the best. Not much chance for advancement. Management doesn't care to see their employees advance and are happy to keep them where they are.
Rbc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 October 2017
During my employment with RBC, it was a great opportunity to work at the bank, this job gave me the opportunity to learn and developed in the banking field. The boss I had at that time was amazing.
Pros
Having that client relationship
Cons
sometimes it may take longer at end of day to balance but was compensated
Call centre cards advisor
- Amazing company
- Stressful
- Sales driven
- Appreciation given when earned
- Hardest part of job is it can be hard to move up
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very micromanaged
work culture have change
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2017
centre manager and team leads are great, fair reward system, cross trainings for advancement of careers, christmas bonus. Only up to recently with new grid the work culture have change.
Pros
long tenure
RBC Royal Bank
Summer position, FATCA - Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
I really liked working at the Royal Bank. I liked helping people out how ever I could. When I worked at the bank I felt like I was always part of the team. Benefits were good. Sometimes fast paced but for me I like that.The job gave me great knowledge of bank services for my customers as well as for myself. Really enjoyed going to work there.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2017
RBC is a good company to work for if you want security if you are in a city. Being rural there is no where to advance. It is good that you can help many different types of families because it is all over Canada.
Pros
Canada wide top 5
Cons
Pushy sales
Awesome bank to work for
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 October 2017
RBC is one of the top banks in Canada. The culture and exposure to the financial world is imperative- RBC offers this. There is ample opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Forward thinking
Administration/Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
Overall great company to work at, however as at all large companies there are areas that are not perfect.
Management is encouraged to practice empowerment of employees and decision making, however letting go is challenging for some individuals.
Pros
Products and services are well thought out and communicated.
Cons
Too bureaucratic and political at times.
Productive place with great team members
Client Advisor / Cash Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
There is always something new to learn everyday. Friendly staff that are willing to help or assist in any way possible. Flexible working hours are sometimes offered .
Pros
All-inclusive banking without fee
Cons
Nepitism by management
Rbc
Initiatives & Implementation Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Good company that provides learning and professional development. Provides employees programs and valuable opportunities to grow their networking skills.
Management is Terrible
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
I left RBC, and the biggest problem is management. I'm tired of hearing about PMP. that gives a good foundation for project management understand but it does not create good managers.Most managers are only their because they have been at RBC forever. this is not how you make solid foundation for a company. Many have no idea how to resolve conflict, communicate, plan, or work with others.
Pros
Very bright open atmosphere lots of events and friendly workers.
Cons
Management is terrible across the board.
work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2017
not enough emphasis on employee growth a lot of performance based jobs which made it stressful. Taking days off became a challenge as there were many things you had to do.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delisle, SK13 October 2017
Public interaction, handling money, Atm , Booking appointments,learning new Computer applications daily,proactive calling, direct sales. Loved any moment of RBC
Pros
Great pay Opportunity for advancement
Cons
slow work days
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 October 2017
good company to work for. good for students to get their foot in the door and get into the best sector of banking. if your going for your cfa get an entry lvl job at one of these places.
Good
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 October 2017
Was happy to work there for a while and people there are very friendly and support each other. Hours was not enough and start much too early that affects family life so left for another job.
Good Company Ovetall
Technical System Analyst Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Very Good Company and have very good culture, a lot of things to learn, good balance between work and life. I recommend everyone to RBC, U WILL ENJOY YOUR TIME WORKING HERE
Nice growth culture
Représentant Service a la Clientèle (Current Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC12 October 2017
RBC is good for career building. they teach you a lot of stuff. they also give continuous training to keep employees sharp on any news. objectives are also easily attainable if you work properly.