RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

Great work environment but..
Bilingual Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 27, 2016
- not all employees have basic qualifications (education etc)
- bilinguals highly disadvantaged
- managers are not motivated
- mandate changes constantly
- base salary review is a joke
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micromanaging
progressive company
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
the work environment is nice and very competitive. Management helps employees to excel, but there is not a push for actual advancement.
Pros
pay
Cons
advancement
Rbc
Work as Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, OntarioMarch 9, 2016
I absolutely loved working at RBC.

Working with people may sound like a cliché comment but it is exactly what I strive in.

I only left RBC after 10 years due to their inflexibility to rotate Saturdays.
This company takes good care of its' employees!
Technical Team Lead (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
A well established infrastructure made it very easy to get things done. Internal processes were mature, and made sense.

Encouraged a hard-working, diverse work force.
Fun and productive
Junior Planning Analyst, Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
well planned and very effective learning experience. Had really good relationships with the management. it was very balanced work-life experience.
Catching up to startups
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Although RBC is a bank they are catching up with the startup culture and it's a great place to be. However, there are still people who are reluctant to change, especially middle managers and the environment/culture is very different across teams.
A very welcoming company
Volunteer - Handling (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had done volunteering work with the RBC company for a few years without pay. It was a great experience because it helped me develop a few skills such as organization skills, and initiation skills.
Pros
Great people
Productive Workplace
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Focusing mainly on customer experiences and being the face of RBC while working in the branch. A lot of duties to fulfill and can be a very busy environment.
QA Analyst RBC
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It is a good position for me since I have a background in Software Development. The work environment is great and so are the people.
not a nice experience
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Aggressive, unfair, detrimental, negative, unstable, politically driven, unpleasant environment and incompetent, insecure management. On the positive side, flexible breaks, good pay and bonuses.
Great place to work!
Operations System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I was only there for four months as a summer student, but it was amazing! The culture was great and everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The company set up lots of opportunities to meet people and connect with other people in the company as well as people higher in management positions. Would love to go back to RBC!
Great place to work.
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  ONJanuary 19, 2016
you are left to innovate and maximize the use of your time for the project. by this approach more can be given to the project.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Project can get monotonous.
Gain knowledge and experience
Mortgage Specialist & Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
The manager at RBC wasnt helpful, he even stole my deal to his wife (who was also an Accounts Manager at RBC) . Salary pay was low compare to the brokerage channel. Single financial product.
Pros
Title of the job was good
Cons
Salary, hours
Excellent Bank and People, a good place to work
Caribbean Markets Project Manager, Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I have enjoyed working at RBC as its a very professional and customer oriented organization. The organization ensures that their employees can actively engage in different activities and is always open to discussions in a very professional way.

I have found this the best bank in Canada to work and where have found the most professional people to work with.
Pros
The work, the people, the office, the environment is great
Cons
I cannot find anything
RBC Associate position
nil (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Can anyone say what is the starting salary for this type of job with RBC; much appreciate.

How about the day to day tasks of this position?

thx.
It's a bank
Investment and Retirement Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 25, 2015
It's a large Canadian Financial Institution, so, very similar to the other ones. There are many different areas to work there.
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Pros
Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons
Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
Industry leading AML regime
Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
Given RBC is the leading bank in Canada, it's apparent that the organization takes Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing very seriously. As long as you show a willingness to learn and provide quality work, good things will happen.
Pros
Great people, great work life.
is a good place to work
Cash custodian (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONDecember 3, 2015
good place to work, they have excellent benefits but I need more hours and I am not getting them. Good training program and always staying on top of technologies to make banking 1st rate
It was fun working there
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
People working here were very jovial.Ready to help at any time.helped me to enhance my career and will help me to grow .overall had a nice experience.