RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Company closed
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, BRantford2 February 2017
A lot of movement from Branch to Branch, Great benefit program and investment opportunities. Good training program. Able to move cities if needed.
good work place
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
god work place. friendly peers. decent pay , as a big organization, kind of conservative. branch management team does care about staff.
fun place to work
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
Some traditionalism and policy strictness limits your work potential growth. Manager politics. Fun to work at smaller branches. More service times at a teller wicket which provides exposure.
very respectful and supportive environment with room to grow
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
A typical would be to go on the phones and start taking calls. You learn how to properly handle customers and angry clients. It is very multicultural and friendly as well as very supportive. Every there wants to see you grow and will help you on your journey with RBC.
Enjoying helping people
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 January 2017
Good benefit,
Flexible when need,
Focus on advice not sales, by focusing on advice the sales follow.
Learning team work and being professional.
A great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture
Technical Writer co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
When I first started by co-op term at RBC, I did not expect the very open and friendly workplace environment I would become a part of. All of my co-workers and superiors were very friendly and easy to approach. I felt like i was a part of the team even though it was just a temporary Placement. RBC is a place of employment I would wholeheartedly recommend
Cons
Some
Great place to work and gain experience
Senior Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Friendly organization with good work life balance.
Typical 9-5 job
Lots of interaction with folks
Decent package for salary benefits and vacation.
Cons
Hard to advance vertically
Sales Oriented
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Royal Bank. I was willing to learn and the bank was willing to send me to internal training classes. It's important that an employer understands that not having some qualification is ok as long as you are willing and able to learn. Royal Bank and I had a win-win relationship. I was loyal to the bank and the bank in turn would transfer me to branches of my choice.

I loved the interaction with staff and clients. I believe I would still be at Royal Bank if I had not made a career change.
Good Company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
It work okay to work for a bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 January 2017
Cashing customers cheques, doing deposits, doing up money orders, helping customers, opening/closing bank accounts, doing cash withdraws, helping customers set up their debit cards , and other related duties as required
Pros
Working hours were good
Cons
Was only a temp position
providing customers with great advice
Sales and Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
Working as a banking advisor required me to provide clients with advice and solution, instead of focusing on sales. The job required great communication and multi tasing skills.
Productive and dynamic workplace
Configuration Management Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Enjoyable experience where it helped me enhance my knowledge, skills and attitude in the right direction.It really gave me great exposure and experience
Love it!
Manager Client Care (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 January 2017
I really enjoyed working for RBC Royal Bank. They treat their employees well, lots of opportunity for training and to move up. They are one of the few banks that are opening branches and making them fit the new technology that's rolling out.
average employer, very process oriented, predictable
Investment and Retirement Planner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
Very conservative, predictable career stream. Little advancement beyond branch manager outside Toronto. Very MBA oriented, in fact, get them to pay for it. RBC people are very impressed with themselves.
Pros
predictable, fair
Cons
no advancement
It is ti work with the pepoel you can learn evey day .
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 January 2017
I Am working in diffrent work place and I like what I do mostely in teaching and it is good to teach and learn with Rbc
Working in the company is a good aportunity

God bless
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
great place to work in the financial world !!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
Great people and many chances to move up. Awesome place to start if you want to move up in the banking world.

Best thing about RBC is the diversity, it is celebrated and so much opportunities to get out and help people through RBC.
Excellent
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Good co-workers and management, lots of opportunities for advancement, nice office, some good people work there, Leading technologies, creative teammates, flexible work time
Great company
Entitlements Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Room to excel in your position, and the tools to do so are given. Great opportunities are always presented when asking how to achieve them.
Good Company
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST - CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 January 2017
Excellent,company, awesome management and team leaders, great support team. Amazing third level support, and server support technicians. Great team to work with.

84%