RBC Employee Reviews

Summary
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 October 2016
RBC gave me valuable insight on the financial industry and the ability to grow as I an individual. They helped train me to be successful in my positions.
Great place to work but management is taking the company in the wrong direction
Senior Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta16 October 2016
Culture within the bank is changing. Employees are no longer valued the way they used too. Company was great to work for 5 years ago.
Good environment
QA Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
A fast pace environment and the people working there are very professional and helpful. We all work well as a team. Very friendly environment.
Great career potential.
Sales and Service representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2016
This company was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the team atmosphere and the salary and wages are good and there's plenty of room for advancement.
Different Branches
Banking Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2016
I am currently training as a Banking Advisor Intern at Royal Bank of Canada. I have recently moved to a different branch. And the work environment is very different from branch to branch.
Referrals are preferred
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
IF you seek to get into RBC at a higher level in the hierarchy then make sure you are backed by a solid referral or else your chances are limited. Best of luck!
Pros
Competetion
Its good
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 October 2016
It is a good place to work, the people are great. The only issue is that i spend more time doing other roles than my own because the banks are really working hard to decrease the amount of people employed.
Never Again!!!
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 October 2016
Was hired with insufficient training for the Commercial Account Manager - Agriculture. Expectations were very high, and the mental abuse and harrassment was so unbearable, I had no choice but quit. No support from VP, and mentors, I was eventually pushed out without the option to transfer to another department. My mentor set me up for failure to succeed. Would not consider working in this territory in the future.
Pros
Branch staff was supportive.
Cons
Insufficient training and bullying/harrassment from VP and mentor.
productive
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
High pressure work
Technology
Work with business.
IT AND business knowledge
work with too many vendors
Too many levels within the organization who do the same role.
Fun Company with alot of work to keep you busy through the day.
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
the works day was ideal 8-4 or 9-5 job was enjoyable as there were different scenarios and accounts to work on daily. management is amazing and very helpful with employees.
customer service
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
• Responsibilities included taking inbound calls, regarding cancellations, billing issues.
• Maintained time management skills and focused on the coordination of multiple activities all with tight deadlines
• Fulfilled client’s expectations in compliance with RBC Bank policies, practices and procedure.
• Ensuring adherence to all processes, procedures and campaign standards Always Exceeds the Sales Target in all Quarter’s.
• Also awarded Made a Difference award from Royal Bank Canada
great place to work
Risk Agent (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 October 2016
-all around great company to be apart of.
-many new skills in an office envronment
-ok management
-great people to work with
Fun sorkplace. Good way to meet other peers
Manager Client Care (Current Employee) –  Casselman, ON3 October 2016
Open close. Make sure daily plan is up to date the scheduling. Plan the day focusing on conversation netween staff and client. Listen from cliet feedback
Royal Bank of Canada
Banking Advisor/Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2016
I enjoy my role at RBC in that it provides me the opportunity daily to offer clients essential and valuable advice in terms of general banking, savings, investing, credit and credit management, mortgages and estates. I've learned over the years that it appears that, in many cases, there is a large percentage of clients who've not been provided key banking information whether from their parents, school(s) or peers. I take a great amount of pride in providing clients excellent advice and products to assist them in reaching their goals and managing their finances wisely and responsibly. My peers are among the most professional and financially educated colleagues I've worked with and enjoy their partnership and team based values.
Pros
Salary range compared to competitors
nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norway House, MB3 October 2016
all around good place to work. got pretty stressful at times, but working with a good team really helped with motivation and attitude. all in all a good place.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
hours way too short
Good
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Doing my internship. Nice experience. In the hindsight, very few teams get to do some quality work. Well, depends on project and the impact of internship on it
RBC Capital Markets
Order Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  155,Wellington Street29 September 2016
Very nice place to work and build your career, unfortunately, they are downsizing right now.
Managers are super friendly and helpful
Co-workers are super friendly and helpful
Management is very good and open
Pros
Free lunches, outings
Cons
Nothing I know of
Great atmosphere with a very collaborative team
Business/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2016
Friendly environment, prudential management in investment decisions, nice policies to employees

Relatively slow work pace, low turn-over
Manager, Strategy & Transformation Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
RBC was an exceptional place to work. They valued their employees and encouraged growth. I ceased to work at RBC after moving to the US and got married.
Thoroughly enjoyed working at RBC. Great people, culture and projects were challenging. I ceased to work at RBC because I moved to the US after getting married.