RBC Employee Reviews

Good opportunity to move up, pay is less than desirable
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
It can be very routine, when I was a client advisor the hardest part was telling a client their money was being put on hold. A lot of focus on providing the right advice and solutions to clients. The clients really made the job enjoyable, as you build a relationship with the "regulars".
Pros
Benefits are immediate - and vacation is 3 weeks to start
Cons
Pay
Rbc
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Not the busiest location, clients come in to inquire about their account, statements, loans. Learn how to do new transactions everyday since every client have different needs and request. I work with great people, wouldn't relocate because of the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that every transaction are done successfully in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of working for RBC is the network area, all the contacts you are able to make here at this branch is exceptional.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Salary
Great workplace
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Challenging and full of learning, employee gets opportunity to learn on the job, Good work life balance. Company standards are maintained. Growth rate is fine.
Pros
Descent salary, Employee friendly
Cons
Lesser Growth
Specialized Office Clerk - General - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
A plan of work will be given the same day by Manager. My co-workers was very helpful. Great place to work and very fulfilling to work at the end of the day.
Excellent working place
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Challenging, productive and excellence driven progressive culture where one can achieve any possibilities with hard work, determination and goals within a time frame.
Pros
strong learning environment
Cons
long hours depending on the roles and responsibilities
Very fun place to work
Team Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
I learned so much about finances. It was very fun to see all the details at the bank. I loved the structure and the whole organization.
Employees are very nice which makes RBC a great place to work
Professional and fun
Account Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
I love working for RBC. The management and staff are amazing. Pay is reasonable and I love that they offer variety of pension plans and savings plan for employees.
Great pay, great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2016
If you're suited to this type of work, which involves a great deal of micromanagement, then you can do very well here. The total compensation was great, but in the end it just wasn't for me.
Team work and amazing and talented staff
Customer Services / Cage Custodian (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC3 December 2016
customer service has being great got something to learn on daily basis, great management and family like friends. Good number of client count with owesome personality.
Pros
Good work environment and life balance
Best at teamwork in achieving common goal.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
As a casual employee, I only have few hours of work at RBC. I am assigned to process deposits of clients and work at fast paced environment in order to meet daily deadlines.
I easily learned all trainings with the coaching of my manager.
Teamwork is best played here. We meet our daily requirements and we adhere to coherence and diversity as a group.
Pros
Most of the time we have free lunches.
Cons
Few hours of work
productive fun workplace
Cards Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
great place to work, nice people. lots of food and social gatherings. good team work - new family formed. benefits and work hours manageable. room for growth
Good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
IT was a good job, got a cash to establish myself by meeting clients on the CSR lineup and building my desk this way. It was a good start to my career .
Business Analyst Typical Work at RBC
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
As a Business Analyst, I gathered requirements from different stakeholders and elicit information through various business analysis techniques in order to implement changes from very detailed project level to strategic initiatives.
Great community and work culture
Execution Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Many employees at RBC have been working at RBC for longer time. This is a sign of a great company. RBC values his employees and community very much. Great place to work.
As an intern
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 November 2016
Its been a while but all i can remember is customer are very demanding. I mostly fetch coffee for the staff and help fill out application.
High political environment
TOKENS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
People with no skills are promoted if they have the right connections, while the qualified workers could be kept as the best kept secret in the organization, overlooked for recognition and advancement of career. It's basically a popularity competition of sorts.
Same goes for recruitment, if you know an insider who knows job openings , or a relative, they can influence management to get you the job. This is apparent when you see off springs of employees in high positions being immediately employed even if not qualified.
Pros
1 hr breaks, good lunch area
Cons
no job stability
Great workplace great people
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Everyone was willing to help.
Great ability to grow within the company.
Reviews are very helpful to aide in achieving goals within the company.
Great location within downtown Toronto.
A great place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
The people I work with are extremely professional, which provided new people like me a great opportunity to learn, to grow. I'm feeling really lucky to start my career and first job at RBC.
Enjoy working at RBC
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Many years of experience working with multiple teams in a large enterprise, including Business Units and Technical Infrastructure teams
Excellent company
Business & Application Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2016
Great place to work, plenty of opportunity with focus on self-improvement. Technology and change is a way of life at RBC, and it drives innovation every day.