RBC Employee Reviews

Banking Advisor
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Great organisation to be part. Work environment very professional and friendly. Great benefits. typical day - assist clients with day to day transactions, Advise clients with objective of help them attain financial goal
Fun place to work, low pay though
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
Completely sales and relationship management role
Base pay is quite low
More stress than compensation
Great colleagues and bosses
Lots of scope for progression
they should learn how to manager people
Account Manager/Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 April 2016
the branch i work with, the manager there was very very bad, you have do every little thing, even it is not related to your role, he is still asking you to do it everyday. And he is kind of force me to stay the branch where i worked, not allow me to transfer to other locations. Also, when i registered a course which rbc will pay for it, it took him 3 month to get this approved and it happened twice in last two yrs. He basically does not want to give you any raise, always saying that you do not have enough experience for this you do not have any experience for that. His management skills are horrible.
Pros
other people sees that you have a good job but you basically do not
Cons
long hours, salary based, you will have to work at least 5 hours extra every week at least
productive fun workplace
Cards Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
great place to work, nice people. lots of food and social gatherings. good team work - new family formed. benefits and work hours manageable. room for growth
Great career potential.
Sales and Service representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2016
This company was a great place to work. I really enjoyed the team atmosphere and the salary and wages are good and there's plenty of room for advancement.
great company
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 June 2016
constructive and supportive work experience, feeling of value in your position. advancement opportunities and great in number. want to see you succeed in targets and offer guidance and support in getting you the numbers you want. goal setting mentality. RBC culture and community involvement are great. benefits and perks are awesome.
Pros
benefits, steady pay, vacation pay, points and rewards, end of year bonus
Cons
tirsome doing the same thing every day, no commision in targets
Fun place to work
Disputes specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2016
This company offers great salary and great benefits , this company also offers activities and events that we are able to participate in . Great management
Pros
Activities
Cons
Career advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 September 2016
Good place to work. Good benefits. Work life balance depends on the department you work for. For finance lots of growth opportunities in Toronto
Wonderful place to work
Fraud Agent, Endorsements (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  York Mills, ON19 April 2016
I enjoyed my second career at RBC starting at age 45. I would hard but the support of my various managers and colleagues was commendable; my interest in Fraud fighting was born and lasts to this day. Workplace Assessments led to helpful accomodation. The commute to my final position was the hardest part of the job , A whole new industry with the chance to offer innovative suggestions and to learn about varied products thus building on my prior years of bilingual help desk work in the totally unrelated telecommunications industry have encouraged me to continue seeking to fight fraud in any arena.
Pros
Learning experience; new career ; salary and benefits
Cons
Commute once my team's site relocated to over an hour each way
Such a great, fun place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2016
The team environment is great, management is supportive of career advancement, team leads will support you and report a job well done to management. Competitive salary and great benefits. If you work hard, you'll do well here.
Pros
Boss's treat!
Cons
None I can think of
good place
Claims First Response Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meadowvale Village, ON4 August 2016
This is a great place for a lot of people, there are good people who work here. Moving on, there is not a lot of opportunity for growth in my department and I am looking elsewhere.
Pros
benefits, overtime opportunities, coaching and development
Cons
shift roation, nit picking, call center
Professional and respectful employee relationships
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
RBC concentrates on core values such as integrity, respect, privacy and diversity.
RBC gives opportunity to hard working individuals to grow and succeed.
Pros
Competitive salary
High political environment
TOKENS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
People with no skills are promoted if they have the right connections, while the qualified workers could be kept as the best kept secret in the organization, overlooked for recognition and advancement of career. It's basically a popularity competition of sorts.
Same goes for recruitment, if you know an insider who knows job openings , or a relative, they can influence management to get you the job. This is apparent when you see off springs of employees in high positions being immediately employed even if not qualified.
Pros
1 hr breaks, good lunch area
Cons
no job stability
Exceptional Place to Work
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
RBC Shareholder Services is an exceptional place to work. Great manager and co-workers.Great team support and fostering of team spirit.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Some times Long Hrs in Peak Season
standard admin job
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2016
Working for Day to Day administration routine , not busy location to work and no innovation we need to follow what it is in the book
Pros
too many vacations
Cons
salary was not enough
Awesome Colleagues!
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2016
I learn new things everyday in my current role, and client satisfaction is the most important. I feel successful at my job when I know my clients are fully satisfied with my work as well.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Long, exhausting days.
Great company
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
RBC is a great company to work for, although the shift work can be tedious at times. They are fair and consistent with the hours given, plus the benefits are decent, although it could be a bit cheaper.
Overall a well run company
Senior Manager FX (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
RBC is a great organization with fairly competitive compensation and benefits. The culture of my working environment has changed and therefore I have decided it is time for a change.
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
Exceptional training. Team.
RBC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB6 February 2017
I loved learning with RBC. It was a very high pace environment and you had to be very alert and efficient. My most satisfaction came from people leaving with a smile, as well as helping other work mates and making their job easier. Everyone worked at watching each others back. If one was about to make a mistake and someone else caught it, they were quick to help out. Low staff made it harder sometimes but we all worked and did the best we could. Management tried hard to work with my needs when i was hit with major depression. My biggest practice was diversity with people and i found my job very successful.
Pros
Good Perks. Team building
Cons
High Stress when i caught fraud.