RBC Employee Reviews

my first ba role
Business Analyst, Strategic Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
i loved my 2 managers, however not the higher management of the Strategy department, which i found not very supporting and not very interested in the team as a whole
Great bank. Horrible job
Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal3 November 2017
The bank is the best in terms of systems in use for clients and for employees. However, the bank does not compensate well enough and does not match competitors in terms of benefits.
enjoyed the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK2 November 2017
Really enjoyed the public. Constant learning through online courses. Learned how to open accounts with previous clients. Enjoyed most of the people I worked with.
Pros
Cakes for birthdays
Cons
Working till 9 pm
Geat environment to learn
Securities Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Lot of opportunities to learn and advance. Sometime you need to know the right place to be or look for these opportunities. Hard work and compensation isn't always on top for what employees give to the company.
Pros
Banking and health benefits are very good
Cons
long hours, long commute
N/a
Investment & Retirement Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
My role at Royal Bank was to represent 3 bank branches by qualifying clients and determining their investment needs. One-on-one client meetings was one part of the sales process. In addition, conducting seminars, presentations, and teaching bank staff about investment products, which benefited the sales process by providing a steady flow of client referrals.
Productive and fun workplace
Analyst, Monitoring & Reporting, Operational Risk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Great place to work people are very friendly and outgoing. Very diverse environment. Fair Management
Engage in alot of social activities with the community.
working with business clients to help day to day needs
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
working with account managers to help clients with their business with accounts and all needs with the bank
day to day interaction with clients for any inquiring with accounts
truly enjoyed dealing with clients to get to know their business needs and able to help them and give all customer service needed to make sure their day to day needs were given to make business easier for day to day process
able to meet new people
District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
RBC is a great employer, I love going into work everyday. The job cluture is great and the people you work with a talented and great to be around. It makes life easier.
Work is fine
Regional Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2017
Work is fine. very regular time and hours. Lots of info to remember and know, which is overwhelming at first.
Work culture is great, friendly.
Working with clients can get very stressful, especially when emotions rise.
Pros
Colleges are great
Cons
working with clients is exausthing
good experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
Challenging work environment with opportunities to contribute in a variety of roles including consumer and business sales, inventory management, technical support.
Great Place to work
Senior Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2017
My typical day at work entails responding to clients with professional and accurate service for all their everyday banking transaction needs in RBC Advice Centre. Through each client interaction, I look for opportunities to offer additional advice beyond the immediate customer need and refer clients to the appropriate RBC partner/alternative channel in an effective and efficient manner.
Great place to work, goog work/life balance
PRIVATE BANKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
great place to work, good office culture and work/life balance. There is a effort to provide opportunities for development and growth for employees. Would recommend working here.
its okay, but not the best
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Okay place to work, but out of the 4 big banks culture isn't the best. Not much chance for advancement. Management doesn't care to see their employees advance and are happy to keep them where they are.
Rbc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 October 2017
During my employment with RBC, it was a great opportunity to work at the bank, this job gave me the opportunity to learn and developed in the banking field. The boss I had at that time was amazing.
Pros
Having that client relationship
Cons
sometimes it may take longer at end of day to balance but was compensated
Call centre cards advisor
- Amazing company
- Stressful
- Sales driven
- Appreciation given when earned
- Hardest part of job is it can be hard to move up
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very micromanaged
work culture have change
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 October 2017
centre manager and team leads are great, fair reward system, cross trainings for advancement of careers, christmas bonus. Only up to recently with new grid the work culture have change.
Pros
long tenure
RBC Royal Bank
Summer position, FATCA - Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
I really liked working at the Royal Bank. I liked helping people out how ever I could. When I worked at the bank I felt like I was always part of the team. Benefits were good. Sometimes fast paced but for me I like that.The job gave me great knowledge of bank services for my customers as well as for myself. Really enjoyed going to work there.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2017
RBC is a good company to work for if you want security if you are in a city. Being rural there is no where to advance. It is good that you can help many different types of families because it is all over Canada.
Pros
Canada wide top 5
Cons
Pushy sales
Awesome bank to work for
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 October 2017
RBC is one of the top banks in Canada. The culture and exposure to the financial world is imperative- RBC offers this. There is ample opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Forward thinking
Administration/Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
Overall great company to work at, however as at all large companies there are areas that are not perfect.
Management is encouraged to practice empowerment of employees and decision making, however letting go is challenging for some individuals.
Pros
Products and services are well thought out and communicated.
Cons
Too bureaucratic and political at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.