RBC Employee Reviews

Good in maintaining the documentation
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Executing the test cases
Preparing the test plan and coordinating with other teams
Its good place to learn new things

Co-workers are good

Enjoyed working there
Friendly and Professional
Client Service Representative CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
• Contributed to branch client experience by providing personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking needs.
• Put clients first by meeting, greeting and getting to know them; processed a variety of financial transactions and stayed abreast of customer's emerging financial needs
• Contributed to sales results by completing Everyday Banking reviews and adds value to all client interactions by spotting opportunities to provide advice beyond the immediate need that saves clients time and money
• Improved client understanding of all access choices and benefits while respecting client choice and preference
• Met weekly target goal within 2 weeks
Pros
Staffs are nice and helpful
Cons
hard to relocate
My Review
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
I am in a specific group with in Technology and Operations. RBC encourages new technologies and new methods of doing software development. Agile and Scrum are preferred directions being followed.
Overall a secure and fun place to work. Great place to gain experience .
Senior Security Agent / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westmount, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is you punch in and you start taking calls for the rest of the day. The call flows vary on a daily basis however the average daily calls throughout the year is 65 calls.

I had the opportunity to learn several key skills such as strong analysis, fast adaptability, listening and communication skills, management and coaching.

The management in my department does a good job at making sure that I maintain or improve my performance. They are also great at encouraging agents and demonstrating the pros and the challenges of what management may face in a business. They also share their experiences and guide you very well.

I greatly appreciate my co-workers. I have learned the importance of co-workers respecting and supporting each other in a business. Several co-workers have become my friends and they have made these working years very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the lack of use of my creativity. Another downside is that there is a lack of opportunity in agents becoming part of management since managers no longer tend to get replaced if leaving there positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying and helping clients.
Pros
Benefits, friendly and supportive staff, safe workplace, learning opportunities
Cons
24/7 call center, working on Christmas holidays, salary, no career advancement in department
Lots of opportunity to move around within the organization
Client Service Representative/Central Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
Very corporate. Lots of opportunity to move around within the organization. RBC also has great benefits and great investment opportunities. I learned a lot and gained a lot of really valuable experience.
Great Place to work, learn and earn
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 December 2016
Great place to start and develop your career especially if you get a good mentor in your manager. DC pension sucks but otherwise good benefits.Overall a great company.
Ok place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta30 December 2016
Pay is lousy. Can be difficult to move up because if you are good at your position managers don't wan't to lose you. Good place to work to gain experience in loans and mutual funds.
good
Account Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 December 2016
as per RBC review before. i had written a review for this job before i have just done many functions in the job. i had worked for over 15 years and i had written my review before.
Enjoyable work environment with great working individuals
General Ledger Accounting Assistant, Insurance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
Great group of people to work with. Every day is similar in terms of tasks and duties. Most people are quiet and work on their own with little interaction between one another.
Amazing place to work
Central Teller (Former Employee) –  Yonge, ON23 December 2016
I enjoy to serve people with their financial needs according to my position. It was fun ordering foreign notes and after calculate commisions, profit and losses.
Pros
Knowledge rates in the market at the time and meet people.
Cons
When it was over rated busy
Amazing Company
Disputes Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 December 2016
All i can think about is the day i rejoin my RBC family. i love everyone that works there from the CEO to the Canter manager, to the recruiters and my coworkers. Everyone there was exceptional and really embraced RBC's values.
Professional environment, great opportunity for career growth & development.
Analyst, Tax Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2016
Educated, professional co-workers. Management oversight and support. Great opportunity for career advancement and growth, competitive salary and benefits.
excellent work place
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 December 2016
A company that cares about its staff and clients. It is a diverse work place with many career opportunities. Managements believe equal opportunity for both men and women.
Great manager and fun group to work with
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2016
Good company but the job becomes boring after a training because it is always the same thing. Co-workers are great and there is a lot to be learned in this job.
Pros
4 shifts of 10 hours
Cons
2 year contract without the opportunity to move in the company
Great Institution
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 December 2016
Great Bank, leader in the market, technology, systems, platforms, platforms etc...
Good career path and great opportunity to grow and develop.
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
Amazing company to work for if you love working with clients. Great management who works with you to meet your goals. good bonus at the end of the year if you meet your sales targets.
Good opportunity to move up, pay is less than desirable
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
It can be very routine, when I was a client advisor the hardest part was telling a client their money was being put on hold. A lot of focus on providing the right advice and solutions to clients. The clients really made the job enjoyable, as you build a relationship with the "regulars".
Pros
Benefits are immediate - and vacation is 3 weeks to start
Cons
Pay
Rbc
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Not the busiest location, clients come in to inquire about their account, statements, loans. Learn how to do new transactions everyday since every client have different needs and request. I work with great people, wouldn't relocate because of the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that every transaction are done successfully in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of working for RBC is the network area, all the contacts you are able to make here at this branch is exceptional.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Salary
Great workplace
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
Challenging and full of learning, employee gets opportunity to learn on the job, Good work life balance. Company standards are maintained. Growth rate is fine.
Pros
Descent salary, Employee friendly
Cons
Lesser Growth
Specialized Office Clerk - General - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
A plan of work will be given the same day by Manager. My co-workers was very helpful. Great place to work and very fulfilling to work at the end of the day.