RBC Employee Reviews

RBC Review
Client Advisor Business Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2016
I love working for RBC.
Great place to learn about work and self related goals.

In my position, I'm able to help people everyday with their banking and I even help my co-workers. I was taught to be a natural leader here, and I am very thankful for that.
Pros
You work as a Team
Cons
Bonus isn't that great if you're a Teller
Good Company with good culture..
Network Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
The company provides decent services with good corporate culture and technical management. The IT/ Network Analyst work-hours are typically as expected. Not much after work-hour activities and on-call..
Pros
Nice location. Good culture.
Cons
Not much work from Home-office.
Very much customer oriented - always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience
Customer Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2016
The quarterly meetings were very much full of knowledge. Due to so much turnover at the branch it was at times challenging to keep up with different styles and approaches used to implement new policies and procedures.
Pros
incentives for making more sales at the end each month
Cons
Too much Management turnover
It was a great place to work...
Mortgage Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2016
Now it's all about blood from a stone. Environment became toxic over the past 2 years. Layoffs left right and centre when they really do need the people. Now pressuring those left behind to work overtime and no appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Stressful/hostile environment
Role of Manager Client Care
Communications
Revenue Growth Generation
Branch Management
Due Diligence
 Manage sales of bank products, new business, operations, customer service, and Client Advisors activities at retail banking center and work with regulatory compliance, internal policies and procedures.
observational coaching of 12 Client Advisors oversee weekly and monthly sales to determine if goals met.
Ensuring a smooth running of bank transactions, responding to financial and banking queries.
Handling client queries face to face, over the phone or via correspondence.
Branch environment review ONLY
Représentante des services financiers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 July 2016
Very nice clients, very nice colleagues, difficulties with management. Branch environment is not the best of the company since it is very retail oriented- similar to a retail shop- accent is on Sales and work is late hours on end of week and Saturdays. The work is replaced by new technologies and is very repetitve otherwise. Advancement is extremely slowly at best of cases. Many people leaving or changing and never replaced which creates strains for the remaining. Could be extremely stressful because of ever growing sales targets. The company was really the best I have ever worked for only 8 years ago...since the retail concept was implemented, hard to believe it became such an impossible and neurotic environment !
benefits
Cons
advancement
Not a bad company to work for. Room for advancement.
Client Access Support Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2016
The job was always challenging and interaction with customers was rewarding. The culture changed in the nineties. Employee benefits were reduced and mutual loyalty between employees and the company took a hit.
great company
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 June 2016
constructive and supportive work experience, feeling of value in your position. advancement opportunities and great in number. want to see you succeed in targets and offer guidance and support in getting you the numbers you want. goal setting mentality. RBC culture and community involvement are great. benefits and perks are awesome.
Pros
benefits, steady pay, vacation pay, points and rewards, end of year bonus
Cons
tirsome doing the same thing every day, no commision in targets
Business Analyst Typical Work at RBC
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
As a Business Analyst, I gathered requirements from different stakeholders and elicit information through various business analysis techniques in order to implement changes from very detailed project level to strategic initiatives.
fun work environment and very helpfull team leaders
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2016
- The environment everyday was very fun and comfortable, being punctual was most important for every employee.

- Learned more about what customer service is and applied it everyday at work, full training given by RBC on how to analyze all client information within database to provide best solutions to help ease their debt.

- Team leaders helped with any situations that were hard to solve, they did team meetings to discuss goals and any further improvements needed to apply to help clients ease their debt.

- At RBC there were teams for each team leader, members of each team were very helpful and respectful.

- The hardest part working at RBC was communicating with the clients over the phone because not every client was the same.

- The most enjoyable part was working in a team oriented environment where everyone helped each other, everyone was very respectful of each other.
Great organization - one of the best bank to work for
Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
There is a reason why they are ranked number 1 amongst the Canadian. A great organization where you learn from the best. Plenty of opportunity to gain experience and advance your career.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
it depends on the team/department you work with
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
There are both positive and negative things. Late hours are typical. The management, however, stimulates innovations and arranges periodically technological competitions on hottest topics.
The working conditions vary heavily from department to department.
Pros
TEchnology innovations
a Beginning
Counsel clients in their (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2016
I started in the Banking World at RBC and the many years I spent there moulded me into the professional I became.
I perfected and honed my analytical and comprehensive skills and gave me an under standing of the Finance at its basics
Pros
Experience
Cons
mobility
Worked for RBC 30 years as Systems Technical Analyst was laid off 2008
Sr. Systems Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
Worked for RBC 30 years as Systems Technical Analyst was laid off 2008. I offer a distinguished career earmarked by accomplishments in the leading edge of technology. My professional experience as an analyst includes over 30 years of experience in configuration, support and administration for source code management, quality assurance in both the mainframe and client server environments
Pros
RESSOP
RBC Capital Markets
Order Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  155,Wellington Street29 September 2016
Very nice place to work and build your career, unfortunately, they are downsizing right now.
Managers are super friendly and helpful
Co-workers are super friendly and helpful
Management is very good and open
Pros
Free lunches, outings
Cons
Nothing I know of
Very supportive colleagues and great co-op experience
IT Usability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
I worked as a co-op student at an IT team with RBC. I am not an IT student, but my supervisor spent great efforts helping me grow. The vibe of the team was supportive. Team members had lunch together and shared stories from both work and life. In addition, RBC offers great employee benefit package.
Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2016
Analyzed, verified and adjudicated credit applications according to policies

Prepared monthly Excel reports and summaries for team using

Reviewed customer credit history, debt servicing, and max advance guidelines

Negotiated terms and conditions to ensure acceptable level of risk

Department lead during IBM Watson migration

Coordinated workflows to ensure processing efficiency and accuracy
Pros
Employee Points system
Cons
Naw Flexible hours
Productive and fun work place
Agente en recouvrement (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 August 2016
Very good and fun work place, best part of the job is being able to really help people going through hardship. The hardest part is trying to educate the client, so they can understand a little bit better the consequences and the impact a bad credit can have on their lives.
Productive and great place to work
Foreign Currency Account Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
Everything about RBC is just outstanding. Good Company to work for !!! I recommend everyone who is considering to get a job at RBC to definitely join and expect nothing short of a professional growth and a fun environment.
Lots of room for movement
Sr. BA/QA Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2016
everyday presented different fires to be fought. I learned to think quickly and rely on others for their expertise. My co-workers were amazing to work with and felt like a family were everybody pitched in to get the job done right the first time.
Pros
work from home