RBC

RBC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at Royal Bank of Canada
Commercial Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: repetitiveness
Royal Bank of Canada is a great financial institution where the main focus are to help our clients and communities build a better future. I try to give each client the best service possible to make sure they leave the facility with a smile. Since my two years of work, I have invested my time in delivering quality products and services as well as making a difference in the communities that I serve. My shared values of service, teamwork, responsibility, diversity and integrity help me guide my behaviors and decisions toward the well-being of my clients. Everyday you face different situations concerning financial problems, administrative tasks as well as responsibilities, which help me gain professional skills.

The best part of the job would probably be creating a relationship with clients and knowing that they trust you to make the best decision for them and their financial future. It is all about trust and loyalty.

Teamwork is extremely important for the reason that I have been a basketball player all my life and being part of a team with different personalities is always overwhelming. However, if you know how to interact and manage those diverse personalities you get something great. It is easier and more fun to work in a teamwork environment. Also, you not only learn from them but learn from yourself as well. In other words, how you manage certain situations and conflicts as well as how you can communicate and fix those issues.

Overall, it has been a great experience so far to be part of the Royal Bank of Canada team but I am now looking for new challenges where I can get – more... more responsibilities as well as gain professional experience and skills. – less
Excellent
Jr. Project Manager/Sr PCO (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
Responsibilities included:

 Following up with App Custodians and App Relationship Managers to confirm communication with clients outside and inside the Firewall, updating impact data on apps for particular migration waves for migration of 1200+ apps from Toronto Data Centre to Stratford Data Centre, Ensure eMPIR TP variances are constantly within limits for project

 Creating various weekly project reports extracting data from eMPIR System, Updating Master Test Plan, creating Pivot Tables and using various formulae to populate different columns in reports, maintaining and resolving issues on issue log, task completion updates on MS Project, monitoring risk log, distributing status reports as per communication plan.

 Organizing and attending meetings with project team, presenting project status reports to project team, updating impact information regularly on QA Reports pertaining to server type and connection type outside firewall.

 Updating server remediation category data for particular migration wave dates by obtaining information from Firewall Team, analyzing migration data to ascertain no apps to be migrated in near future are in red status, following up for updating information left unfilled in Third Party Questionnaires, documenting various processes for the project.
Productive and fun place to work
Collections Officer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 15, 2013
Pros: beautiful dynamic
Cons: constant procedural change
The Call Center of RBC Collections in Montreal is unique. It is a fun place where they've made working as a Collector a much more enjoyable experience than most people would imagine. Our manager (team leaders) are always very supportive and understanding and will always try their best to accommodate you, whether it is with your work schedule, or any other personal/professional aspects that may help bettering your working experience.

It is a young vibrant environment where youth and the mature knowledgable workforce share and information is always flowing. At RBC Collections, teamwork comes first, and anyone is always willing to give a hand when they can.

We even had a depanneur system where one can buy all sorts of sweets and drinks, as well as coffee, for a small contribution that funds our social committee events that carry on throughout the year.
Interesting and knowledgeable
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2012
Pros: learned computer skills, organization
Cons: transportation
My typical day at work would be me filing files into folders so that they are organized for my boss. Also writing out invitations for meetings for my boss.
The type of skills I learned over the time that i worked there was proper organization and computer skills; how to use some computer programs properly.
I was treated well by my co-workers even though i hardly knew them they were very vocal with me, well i questioned them to get a better understanding of what their job was and i learned alot about their job too. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my my job would have been learning the whole process of the computer skills, except learning is the way to get better at something, and i really enjoyed learning how to properly organize all the falls, yes it took awhile but learning how to organize files online and in person was really fun.
Day in a life of Estate Administration
Senior Trust Officer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: recently lack of teamwork and support of co-workers and management
No day for a trust officer is the same. The job can be stressful, but rewarding at the same time. During the time when a family member passes away or becomes incompetent in a power of attorney situation, we remain impartial and follow years of experience, policies and procedures to move the administration along. We get exposed to various family dynamics which can be a challenge at times.

During my work experience, I have learned key factors to having a proper will, planning and having discussions with friends and family regarding your wishes.

My current office is very small with 4 employees who deal with different aspects of estate and trust services.

The best part of the job is advising people they are inheriting money they weren't expecting to inherit.
Great experience overall
Banking Advisor - Outbound (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good salary, recognition for hard work
Cons: repetitiveness
A typical day at work would be starting getting all your systems ready on the computer to proactively contact existing RBC clients(the automated dailer makes the calls). Discuss clients financial goals, spot opportunities, up selling, making referrals to other colleges when needed.

Management is great, always supportive. Co-workers(probably will depends on your team, however an overall review would be that they a pretty good).

The hardest part I would say would be that time to time you may not have a good day or maybe calls coming one after another, so it could be draining sometimes.

Most enjoyable part will be team outings, every quarter every team will go out (for example in the last 2 hours of your shift on a Friday or something) for dinner or karaoke and stuff.
Great experience working as a team
VP of Information Technology (Former Employee), mississauga ontarioApril 26, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: some team members weren't reliable
Being part of Junior achievement in RBC, I had the opportunity to come out of my shell and run in the elections to become a vice president. I was elected as the vice president of information technology, and was in charge of creating an attractive website to sell and market my company's product. I was led under a supervisor that taught me the basics of Human Resource management, as well as Information Technology in a workplace. It was difficult to find new and innovative ways to appeal to the customer base, and it was also hard to think of new products while staying within a budget. I earned experience in being a leader, working with others, being creative, and speaking to people. I also learned effective ways of marketing a product.
Cafeteria was extremely large, The work place at RBC was very clean, Clients personal informations were locked away at the end of the day.
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee), York Mills, OntarioAugust 12, 2012
A typical day at work involved processing searches and registrations on clients a ccount. Also preparing and posting Money Orders.

I learnt it is extremely important to pay attention to details, accuracy is also extremely important you are processing clients information that means accuracy is important.

Great management within the department, management kept frequent meetings to update her staff.

Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.

I don't recall the work being hard, I enjoyed my role and I did a good job to ensure all aspects of my position were met in a timely manner.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers, and the work itself was very interested
Service Representative (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJune 9, 2014
• Responsible for preparing and developing credit renewal submissions.
• Influence portfolio quality through capable credit risk assessment and strategic assessment
• Approve Transaction requests within delegated lending Limits
• Exercise due diligence in recommending and preparing credit renewal and new applications
• Identify opportunities to maintain completive credit structures based on clients current position, and proactively recommend solutions
• Answer inquiries from clients
• Provide information to customers
• Explain the type and cost of services offered
• Receive and log complaints
• Access and process information
• Maintain records and statistics
• Confirmation of payment
• Ensure validity of payments
• Verification of posting to correct account
not a career
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), albertaApril 8, 2014
Cons: pay, appreciation, high stress environment
In my experience with RBC I feel there was much room for advancement however no help getting there. The turn over is very high and there are always new faces. Staff do not know one another and there is very little effort by RBC to promote employee functions. You MUST always be happy and if your not fake a really good smile because there are alot of people in your face all day long that need your help and are at times very difficult and it is your job to focus on their problems and not yours. I very much enjoyed my time however I felt it was time to try something different. A bank teller is in no way a career but more of a step towards other positions within the bank.

the MAX. hours per week is 37.5 on a full time work arrangement
Helping to fine tune the morgage calculator
Snr. Financial analyst - Finance (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2012
Pros: friendly boss
Cons: contrat too short
Was assigned to review a mortgage calculator that a consultant had prepared for the bank for consistency and accuracy. I conducted the review by applying some accounting techniques. My supervisor did not tell me what exactly he wanted me to do, that was the hardest part. No co-worker was familiar with the calculator since it was new.

As I started detecting some inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the assignment became interesting. I was in touch with the consultants to draw their attention to those errors which they appreciated so much.

I learned that with a little effort, I can apply my self to any challenge to achieve a purpose to promote the image of my organization.
It was a productive fun workplace to be. Love my boss
Technical Support Analyst - Co-op (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: meet deadlines
- A typical day at work involved giving my manager updates on work done so far and what is still left uncompleted.
- I learned to be more resourceful, with my knowledge and time management. Also learnt to be more confident when speaking with my Team colleagues.
- Management is great. Although a little bit of pressure, but I love it because It helps me stay ahead and always meet deadlines.
- My co-workers are great, they are the best team I've ever worked with.
- Hardest part of the job in convincing some of my superiors that they might need to downsize the storage (SAN) which their Application Servers make use of, because it costs the bank lots of money.

I love my boss (Ryan Blackburn)
I love my job.
Client and Sales Oriented
Financial Planner (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and i enjoy helping people with financial panning
Contacting and meeting clients to determine their retirement and investment goals. Planning, creating and managing capital accumulation to generate future capital and cash flows for reinvestment and meeting future expenses, including managing for risk-adjusted returns and to deal with inflation.
Preparing and proposing solutions to help clients meet their financial goals.
Also work with business owners for group solutions enrollment to enhance their employee retention.
General advice on estate and tax planning.
Working with branch staff and external Centres of Influence, i.e. Lawyers and Accountants, and Business Professionals for client referrals.
Fund Valuation Staff (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: friendly enviornment
Cons: long hours
Processed purchase and sales orders according to the trade instructions
Reconciled cash by ensuring the trades and dividend/interest payments are calculated accordingly. Also ensured that accruals and reimbursements are correct.
Escalated discrepancies and outstanding items to manager for further action and provided
all the backup documents and analysis.
Designed Excel worksheets for quick account analysis by other team members
Prioritized the workflow on funds throughout the day and submitted fund work packages for review in a timely manner
Sent fund prices daily to clients and business media on time
Backed up teammates during absences and also when they got held up with other issues

January 22, 2013

Good evening: What appreciate if the person who made the comment can provide a contact at RBC for this area. Comment really was helpful. Thanking you in advance.

Good Global Sanctions Experience
Senior Manager, Global Economic Sanctions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
Pros: good vacation and bonus package
Role at RBC is good from global perspective. It is from that perspective that one is able to implement a continuous challenging sanctions and AML Compliance program. This is a different set of skills from what is required as an auditor - the ability to effectively implement challenges and gaps, not just identify the gaps.

It is also a challenge finding qualified individuals for different positions within my team (Sanctions Payments Escalations & Sanctions Investigations). Our team is lean and requires skills that enable someone to pick things up quickly, ask the right questions and be able to interact with a variety of people.
QA Manager/Lead (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 7, 2015
Synergy project to integrate two lines of Businesses of RBC Trading. Currently RBC uses Third party applications for Equity and Options trading. By this new platform created, RBC would save large amount of money currently paid. The Wealth Management team has developed a Middleware Desktop application developed in .NET Frame work environment integrating OMS developed in Tandem and up/down stream applications. My responsibilities were to manage testing efforts, support business analyst activities and qualify the application. Testing cycle starting with order placement, trade execution, OMS functioning, Fill executions, trade reporting, trade archival through XML and FIX protocol
Day at the Bank
Operation Administrator - Contract (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
A day at RBC can be your most eventful, fun-filled and productive day. Everyday is a new and different. Every department is like its own community, it definitely defines true teamwork. Each task that every team handles are evenly distributed around the team and is completed. I have learned that your knowledge and skills are never limited to just the tasks given in your department. Cross-training is highly recommended! Time management is also key, which is probably the most challenging. Throughout the day, the volume of work varies, therefore time management is important. RBC is a great opportunity for one to grow and exceed their personal limitations.
Worst management, managers are always right no checks balances on managers whatever they say whether wrong or right you have to accept it.
Licensed advisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
They don't need humans they need robots (very stressful environment).
I give you an example of egg laying chicken, they need chicken who lays eggs every day without gaps after its life is over they dump the chicken.
After 2 to 3 years of service they start giving you hard times so you decide to leave yourself if not then they find ridiculous reasons to fire you.
Management is worst.
Very little almost no chances of growth/promotions until you prove you are a good dancer and joker in front of managers.
Every day you come to work is a learning experience.
Back-Up Support Officer - Business Deposits Proc (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good health insurance and incentives
Cons: too much cash to count.
It's a fast pace work that a person would really love to be a part of the team . You have a timeframe and a quota to meet on every shift of the work. The workplace itself is very conducive to work with and your officemate has one aim but to perform and finish the work. At the end of the day the hardest part is if theres a problem with regards to the balancing of cash receipt at the end of the day. At the end of the day when the team meet the deadline and balance the cash without problem gives you a good feeling.
Friendly & Co-operative Management & Team with great training
Policy Accounting Assistant (Contract-Agency) (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 20, 2012
Pros: paid training
Cons: contract ended
It was really great to work with great manager with wonderful team who used to trust me to deposit their Account Receivable funds into the bank. I enjoyed to take the responsibility to send the notices to the clients after verifying and analyzing their non-sufficient funds and credit visa card reports. I also enjoyed each and every job alloted to me like Client Status Change into the system, Distributing incoming & outgoing mails of policy accounting department, answering phone calls, emails fax etc.
Revenue
RBC website
YouTube
Join our Talent Community
Recherche d'emplois
Watch our video about becoming a Client Advisor!
Watch our video about becoming a Business Account Manager!
Watch our video about becoming a Financial Planner!

Twitter