RBC Employee Reviews

Stable Employment
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON14 January 2017
A stable job and work environment.
Friendly co-workers and atmosphere.
Fast-paced, changing environment, with a forward focus on future technologies in finance.
Great people indeed
Head Cash and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sidney, BC14 January 2017
Enjoy working there.
For me longer hours as the branch is no where near my home.

Great company to work for, seem to look after their staff - general overall of rbc is excellent company.
Pros
Free banking and 1/2 price credit cards
Cons
Don't get paid very well
Aggressive - Fast paced environment
Home and Auto Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
The work environment is fast paced. There is a life-work balance. There were many training programs that were provided. All the sale associates were encouraged, assistance was provided when needed. Great management.
Amazing place always wanted to work for such an organization
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
I always wanted to work with such an amazing organization that values its employees growth and career in the long run, and also provides opportunities for career advancement and success.
Banking (contact centre)
Banking Advisor - Inbound (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
No room for growth
Dishonest
Salary wasn't worth it for the travel
New management was not honest about career paths
Not a good job culture/environment
Good workplace with good people
Credit Card Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
A very fast paced environment at the call centre. very repetitive work and boring. speaking to many customers. If speaking on the phone isn't your thing, not recommended to work at call centre.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative-Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Great company to work as a team. Diversity and Collaboration to do trouble shooting. Customer Service to do different transactions: deposit, withdraw, consolidations, credit cards, insurance, investment, accuracy, and admin stuff in a fashion design.
A very productive work place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2017
it a very diverse work environment and everyone gets along well, which i think increases the employee's moral. working with different people i have learned a lot, both work related and personal.
Financial and Technology
Manager - RBC Digital/Technology (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Excellent company to work for. Lots of learning, lots of opportunity for advancement. Ever evolving. Client focused. Value add focused
Excellent professional enviroment, great co workers,
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2017
Excellent professional place. I learned quite a bit of customer service with this company. This was my first professional job and my first introduction to finances.A great opportunity that I am very thankful and appreciative for.
Pros
Great co workers, introduction to finances
Cons
was not enough work available to keep me on full time
Productive environment
Developer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
Productive work environment with helpful and knowledgeable co-workers. Provides the ability to learn and grow as an employee and a good work life balance.
Fun workplace to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Wholesale Parameters Enhancement Program (WPEP) addresses the requirement to enhance its approach and implementation in estimating Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Usage Given Default (UGD) metrics across its Wholesale banking portfolio. These changes are required to meet Basel II regulatory requirements.
Enjoyed working at RBC.
Client Advisor Business Services (Former Employee) –  Hillsburgh, ON4 January 2017
I've worked at a few locations but got full time in Hillsburgh. That was my favorite location. I absolutely loved working with the ladies there. They made my day. We worked hard to be the best we could be and had a lot of fun. Its a small branch so I got to know the community real fast and just loved them. I would go back there.

My managers were awesome as well. They were always nice and pleasant to be around. The hardest or worst part of the job was always having to worry about numbers and %'s. The best part of the job was helping clients find ways to save on their banking needs.
Pros
Fun place to work, Love being around money.
Cons
The sales aspect of the job.
Nice place to work
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
It has been good experienced working with the bank.I got to learn few things and sharp my skills.The coworkers have been helpful and management too.Will love to join again
Pros
over times
Freindly and helpful atmosphere
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
I have not experienced to any hard day here. From the trailing period to till working its all about to be a good. Sometimes I stuck for new things but all the office staff is very helpful. I learned the Canadian one of big brands AFA system where I am looking for queue handling. All the management personalities are wonderful and helpful. It is feeling good to work in a enthusiastic co-workers. I can not say to handle a application queue is a hard but yes its a full part towards attention to detail and accuracy. the enjoyable part is to get the RBC rich experience and catching up new people with great attitude.
Good in maintaining the documentation
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Executing the test cases
Preparing the test plan and coordinating with other teams
Its good place to learn new things

Co-workers are good

Enjoyed working there
Friendly and Professional
Client Service Representative CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
• Contributed to branch client experience by providing personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking needs.
• Put clients first by meeting, greeting and getting to know them; processed a variety of financial transactions and stayed abreast of customer's emerging financial needs
• Contributed to sales results by completing Everyday Banking reviews and adds value to all client interactions by spotting opportunities to provide advice beyond the immediate need that saves clients time and money
• Improved client understanding of all access choices and benefits while respecting client choice and preference
• Met weekly target goal within 2 weeks
Pros
Staffs are nice and helpful
Cons
hard to relocate
My Review
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
I am in a specific group with in Technology and Operations. RBC encourages new technologies and new methods of doing software development. Agile and Scrum are preferred directions being followed.
Overall a secure and fun place to work. Great place to gain experience .
Senior Security Agent / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westmount, QC31 December 2016
A typical day at work is you punch in and you start taking calls for the rest of the day. The call flows vary on a daily basis however the average daily calls throughout the year is 65 calls.

I had the opportunity to learn several key skills such as strong analysis, fast adaptability, listening and communication skills, management and coaching.

The management in my department does a good job at making sure that I maintain or improve my performance. They are also great at encouraging agents and demonstrating the pros and the challenges of what management may face in a business. They also share their experiences and guide you very well.

I greatly appreciate my co-workers. I have learned the importance of co-workers respecting and supporting each other in a business. Several co-workers have become my friends and they have made these working years very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is the repetition and the lack of use of my creativity. Another downside is that there is a lack of opportunity in agents becoming part of management since managers no longer tend to get replaced if leaving there positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying and helping clients.
Pros
Benefits, friendly and supportive staff, safe workplace, learning opportunities
Cons
24/7 call center, working on Christmas holidays, salary, no career advancement in department
Lots of opportunity to move around within the organization
Client Service Representative/Central Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
Very corporate. Lots of opportunity to move around within the organization. RBC also has great benefits and great investment opportunities. I learned a lot and gained a lot of really valuable experience.