RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

progressive company
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
the work environment is nice and very competitive. Management helps employees to excel, but there is not a push for actual advancement.
Pros
pay
Cons
advancement
Great place to work!
Operations System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I was only there for four months as a summer student, but it was amazing! The culture was great and everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The company set up lots of opportunities to meet people and connect with other people in the company as well as people higher in management positions. Would love to go back to RBC!
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Pros
Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons
Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
Great place to learn and grow
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow as a career person and to network as well.

The management isn't always very logical unforunately and the salary is very low.

Staff can be both very fun to work with and very difficult as well.
Great Company with No work/life Balance
management is okay
co workers are great
salary is low
The following error occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Productive with deadline and having fun while helping colleagues
Client Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
A delightful place to work for with supportive management. Learned lots of technical skills on personal grow and develop. Too many red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping each other to complete our assignments.
Pros
Flexibility
A very welcoming company
Volunteer - Handling (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had done volunteering work with the RBC company for a few years without pay. It was a great experience because it helped me develop a few skills such as organization skills, and initiation skills.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Had to challenge myself every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2015
Fun work place
Big company and great bonuses
Good relation with my bosses
The hardest part was advancement
What I most like about RBC is working with a big company and experiences that I have earn from them.
Had to deal with different kind of clients every day and I love working in diversity.
I didn't like the fact that they did not give me the opportunities to show them that I can handle more works and go beyond myself.
Pros
Having to challenge myself and going above myself
Cons
Slow advancement
they should learn how to manager people
Account Manager/Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
the branch i work with, the manager there was very very bad, you have do every little thing, even it is not related to your role, he is still asking you to do it everyday. And he is kind of force me to stay the branch where i worked, not allow me to transfer to other locations. Also, when i registered a course which rbc will pay for it, it took him 3 month to get this approved and it happened twice in last two yrs. He basically does not want to give you any raise, always saying that you do not have enough experience for this you do not have any experience for that. His management skills are horrible.
Pros
other people sees that you have a good job but you basically do not
Cons
long hours, salary based, you will have to work at least 5 hours extra every week at least
Catching up to startups
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Although RBC is a bank they are catching up with the startup culture and it's a great place to be. However, there are still people who are reluctant to change, especially middle managers and the environment/culture is very different across teams.
productive and goal oriented - self motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 5, 2016
Very busy and productive which was satisfying to know goals were met individually and as a team.
Learned how to be very thorough, you could never write enough information.
Management was supportive and approachable.
Co workers were the best working family. Team players, coachers and patience to help when needed.
Hardest part of the job was to meet with management, due to very busy schedules, to assist you with added responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the wins, the team work, the people and the customers.
Pros
Meeting and working with great people
Cons
Time management - hard to meet with upper management due to busy schedules
Fun and productive
Junior Planning Analyst, Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
well planned and very effective learning experience. Had really good relationships with the management. it was very balanced work-life experience.
not a nice experience
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Aggressive, unfair, detrimental, negative, unstable, politically driven, unpleasant environment and incompetent, insecure management. On the positive side, flexible breaks, good pay and bonuses.
Good Luck
CPO (Former Employee) –  TORONTOJune 2, 2015
This is a good company that is very poorly staffed

Chances of landing in a "good team" are 1 in 5. There is little to no control over the consistency of the experience and culture.

Some teams and some managers are great to work with, encourage you to go the extra mile and teach you a lot. But this is the exception to the rule.

Most of the time you're stuck with a team that is not engaged or motivated, and a manager who's insecure and malicious. There is also a general sense of inadequacy that goes all the way up the chain. Which is reflective of the corrupt hiring/promotion practices which are widely known.
RBC Associate position
nil (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Can anyone say what is the starting salary for this type of job with RBC; much appreciate.

How about the day to day tasks of this position?

thx.
Good brand to have
Manager, Client Action Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
growth opportunities if you network and work hard, but eventually there is a cap after which it is harder to break through to higher and better positions

your experience at RBC will depend completely on your manager. most managers are really good and supportive.

although there is room to grow, but that growth only comes in the form of title..pay increases for internal employees are terrible.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
bad pay upgrades
Excellent Bank and People, a good place to work
Caribbean Markets Project Manager, Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I have enjoyed working at RBC as its a very professional and customer oriented organization. The organization ensures that their employees can actively engage in different activities and is always open to discussions in a very professional way.

I have found this the best bank in Canada to work and where have found the most professional people to work with.
Pros
The work, the people, the office, the environment is great
Cons
I cannot find anything
Job security always at risk
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Salaries are competitive. Management is very poor. The salaries of workers were openly discussed among employees, and the atmosphere was always very tens. People were afraid to call in genuinely ill, spreading illness to everyone on the team, eventually causing a domino effect. Everyone was always scared for their job security, and morale was very low.
is a good place to work
Cash custodian (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONDecember 3, 2015
good place to work, they have excellent benefits but I need more hours and I am not getting them. Good training program and always staying on top of technologies to make banking 1st rate
the ideas are good. The implementation is another matter.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with people. You make friends with your clients.
the hardest part is to get a promotion.
Pros
good locations, several branches to choose from.
Cons
never enough staff