RBC Employee Reviews

Sales Oriented
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Royal Bank. I was willing to learn and the bank was willing to send me to internal training classes. It's important that an employer understands that not having some qualification is ok as long as you are willing and able to learn. Royal Bank and I had a win-win relationship. I was loyal to the bank and the bank in turn would transfer me to branches of my choice.

I loved the interaction with staff and clients. I believe I would still be at Royal Bank if I had not made a career change.
Exceptional training. Team.
RBC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB6 February 2017
I loved learning with RBC. It was a very high pace environment and you had to be very alert and efficient. My most satisfaction came from people leaving with a smile, as well as helping other work mates and making their job easier. Everyone worked at watching each others back. If one was about to make a mistake and someone else caught it, they were quick to help out. Low staff made it harder sometimes but we all worked and did the best we could. Management tried hard to work with my needs when i was hit with major depression. My biggest practice was diversity with people and i found my job very successful.
Pros
Good Perks. Team building
Cons
High Stress when i caught fraud.
Enjoyed working at RBC.
Client Advisor Business Services (Former Employee) –  Hillsburgh, ON4 January 2017
I've worked at a few locations but got full time in Hillsburgh. That was my favorite location. I absolutely loved working with the ladies there. They made my day. We worked hard to be the best we could be and had a lot of fun. Its a small branch so I got to know the community real fast and just loved them. I would go back there.

My managers were awesome as well. They were always nice and pleasant to be around. The hardest or worst part of the job was always having to worry about numbers and %'s. The best part of the job was helping clients find ways to save on their banking needs.
Pros
Fun place to work, Love being around money.
Cons
The sales aspect of the job.
Freindly and helpful atmosphere
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
I have not experienced to any hard day here. From the trailing period to till working its all about to be a good. Sometimes I stuck for new things but all the office staff is very helpful. I learned the Canadian one of big brands AFA system where I am looking for queue handling. All the management personalities are wonderful and helpful. It is feeling good to work in a enthusiastic co-workers. I can not say to handle a application queue is a hard but yes its a full part towards attention to detail and accuracy. the enjoyable part is to get the RBC rich experience and catching up new people with great attitude.
Rbc
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Not the busiest location, clients come in to inquire about their account, statements, loans. Learn how to do new transactions everyday since every client have different needs and request. I work with great people, wouldn't relocate because of the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that every transaction are done successfully in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of working for RBC is the network area, all the contacts you are able to make here at this branch is exceptional.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Salary
A great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture
Technical Writer co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
When I first started by co-op term at RBC, I did not expect the very open and friendly workplace environment I would become a part of. All of my co-workers and superiors were very friendly and easy to approach. I felt like i was a part of the team even though it was just a temporary Placement. RBC is a place of employment I would wholeheartedly recommend
Cons
Some
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
Excellent professional enviroment, great co workers,
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2017
Excellent professional place. I learned quite a bit of customer service with this company. This was my first professional job and my first introduction to finances.A great opportunity that I am very thankful and appreciative for.
Pros
Great co workers, introduction to finances
Cons
was not enough work available to keep me on full time
Best at teamwork in achieving common goal.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
As a casual employee, I only have few hours of work at RBC. I am assigned to process deposits of clients and work at fast paced environment in order to meet daily deadlines.
I easily learned all trainings with the coaching of my manager.
Teamwork is best played here. We meet our daily requirements and we adhere to coherence and diversity as a group.
Pros
Most of the time we have free lunches.
Cons
Few hours of work
Friendly and Professional
Client Service Representative CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
• Contributed to branch client experience by providing personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking needs.
• Put clients first by meeting, greeting and getting to know them; processed a variety of financial transactions and stayed abreast of customer's emerging financial needs
• Contributed to sales results by completing Everyday Banking reviews and adds value to all client interactions by spotting opportunities to provide advice beyond the immediate need that saves clients time and money
• Improved client understanding of all access choices and benefits while respecting client choice and preference
• Met weekly target goal within 2 weeks
Pros
Staffs are nice and helpful
Cons
hard to relocate
High political environment
TOKENS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
People with no skills are promoted if they have the right connections, while the qualified workers could be kept as the best kept secret in the organization, overlooked for recognition and advancement of career. It's basically a popularity competition of sorts.
Same goes for recruitment, if you know an insider who knows job openings , or a relative, they can influence management to get you the job. This is apparent when you see off springs of employees in high positions being immediately employed even if not qualified.
Pros
1 hr breaks, good lunch area
Cons
no job stability
Good opportunity to move up, pay is less than desirable
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
It can be very routine, when I was a client advisor the hardest part was telling a client their money was being put on hold. A lot of focus on providing the right advice and solutions to clients. The clients really made the job enjoyable, as you build a relationship with the "regulars".
Pros
Benefits are immediate - and vacation is 3 weeks to start
Cons
Pay
Great place with a great enviornment
Overnight Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
It's really a great company the people are nice and the office is great. The managers are great people too. The company give personal time when needed and you're not always under pressure. If you have done other call center jobs and didn't mind that I would definitely recommend RBC as they are a step up from that.
Needs some help
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2016
Company could do with a reassessment of benefits and salaries. This leading bank can be a great place to work and with amazing people. However, they try to sell you the idea that overall employee benefits and compensation outweigh low wages. Unfortunately, the present time value of money is greater than a lot of the benefits they offer...not to mention you must be a permanent employee for these benefits.

Management can vary according to your team. Coworkers also are dependent on your team.

Room for growth is very, very little in Quebec.
Fun workplace to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Wholesale Parameters Enhancement Program (WPEP) addresses the requirement to enhance its approach and implementation in estimating Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Usage Given Default (UGD) metrics across its Wholesale banking portfolio. These changes are required to meet Basel II regulatory requirements.
very respectful and supportive environment with room to grow
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
A typical would be to go on the phones and start taking calls. You learn how to properly handle customers and angry clients. It is very multicultural and friendly as well as very supportive. Every there wants to see you grow and will help you on your journey with RBC.
Never Again!!!
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 October 2016
Was hired with insufficient training for the Commercial Account Manager - Agriculture. Expectations were very high, and the mental abuse and harrassment was so unbearable, I had no choice but quit. No support from VP, and mentors, I was eventually pushed out without the option to transfer to another department. My mentor set me up for failure to succeed. Would not consider working in this territory in the future.
Pros
Branch staff was supportive.
Cons
Insufficient training and bullying/harrassment from VP and mentor.
It's a great place to work
Workflow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 November 2016
I enjoyed my job with RBC . Worked in a great environment with 11 other co workers. I worked in the cash operations side of the bank .. I supervised the worked flow of the other employees in turn reported to my manager ... I have since retired from RBC after almost 24 years of service . I am a people person and would enjoy this type of work with interaction with people ....
customer service
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
• Responsibilities included taking inbound calls, regarding cancellations, billing issues.
• Maintained time management skills and focused on the coordination of multiple activities all with tight deadlines
• Fulfilled client’s expectations in compliance with RBC Bank policies, practices and procedure.
• Ensuring adherence to all processes, procedures and campaign standards Always Exceeds the Sales Target in all Quarter’s.
• Also awarded Made a Difference award from Royal Bank Canada
good entry level sales position at the bank
BANKING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
Overall a good place to work, flexible hours, good benefit package, not having to work national holidays nor Sundays. Time management skills are a must, as is being organized and preparing the day ahead at the beginning of the day.
Pros
one hour lunch break every day
Cons
Minimum sales expectations increased every year