RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and goal oriented - self motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 5, 2016
Very busy and productive which was satisfying to know goals were met individually and as a team.
Learned how to be very thorough, you could never write enough information.
Management was supportive and approachable.
Co workers were the best working family. Team players, coachers and patience to help when needed.
Hardest part of the job was to meet with management, due to very busy schedules, to assist you with added responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the wins, the team work, the people and the customers.
Pros
Meeting and working with great people
Cons
Time management - hard to meet with upper management due to busy schedules
Good brand to have
Manager, Client Action Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
growth opportunities if you network and work hard, but eventually there is a cap after which it is harder to break through to higher and better positions

your experience at RBC will depend completely on your manager. most managers are really good and supportive.

although there is room to grow, but that growth only comes in the form of title..pay increases for internal employees are terrible.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
bad pay upgrades
they should learn how to manager people
Account Manager/Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
the branch i work with, the manager there was very very bad, you have do every little thing, even it is not related to your role, he is still asking you to do it everyday. And he is kind of force me to stay the branch where i worked, not allow me to transfer to other locations. Also, when i registered a course which rbc will pay for it, it took him 3 month to get this approved and it happened twice in last two yrs. He basically does not want to give you any raise, always saying that you do not have enough experience for this you do not have any experience for that. His management skills are horrible.
Pros
other people sees that you have a good job but you basically do not
Cons
long hours, salary based, you will have to work at least 5 hours extra every week at least
Job security always at risk
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Salaries are competitive. Management is very poor. The salaries of workers were openly discussed among employees, and the atmosphere was always very tens. People were afraid to call in genuinely ill, spreading illness to everyone on the team, eventually causing a domino effect. Everyone was always scared for their job security, and morale was very low.
nice work place
Insurance Adviser Intern (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 4, 2016
There are peaks and lows when, depending in which department you are working, that one could be extremely busy, or not so busy. There are daily reviews of the previous day successes, pitfalls, challenges and lessons to learn. Targets are set based on the reviews of previous days.
Pros
perfect workplace
Cons
no complaint with anything.
Excellent Bank and People, a good place to work
Caribbean Markets Project Manager, Credit Cards (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I have enjoyed working at RBC as its a very professional and customer oriented organization. The organization ensures that their employees can actively engage in different activities and is always open to discussions in a very professional way.

I have found this the best bank in Canada to work and where have found the most professional people to work with.
Pros
The work, the people, the office, the environment is great
Cons
I cannot find anything
Excellent place to work.
Project / Team Lead - RBIS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The project was a very challenging project.
Initially getting in to the swing of the project was a challenge with such a complex project. The job was made easy with RBC coworkers who gave excellent knowledge transfer and a good understanding of the application.
Got good support from the RBC (RBIS) Team
Great place to work!
Operations System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I was only there for four months as a summer student, but it was amazing! The culture was great and everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The company set up lots of opportunities to meet people and connect with other people in the company as well as people higher in management positions. Would love to go back to RBC!
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Pros
Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons
Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
I really enjoy Driving!
Bonded Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2015
As a bonded driver, i was at the airport by 5am to help unload Bank Bags from the aircraft!. Then all drivers would Verify Correct Bag Destination! Then we all set-out to deliver Bank Bags specific to our ROUTE. I was driving about 385 km./day. At the end of the day, we would finish our Routes leading back to the airport in Saskatoon! We would then sort & reload the Bank Bags into the aircraft bound for Calgary! ALL deliveries & pick-ups we're TIME SENSITIVE!!!
Pros
plenty of scenery!
Cons
bad weather!
Catching up to startups
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Although RBC is a bank they are catching up with the startup culture and it's a great place to be. However, there are still people who are reluctant to change, especially middle managers and the environment/culture is very different across teams.
Great team work, good and fair recognition from co-workers
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aspen Landing BranchMay 19, 2016
- good working environment with colleagues
- enjoy to give out holistic advice to clients to reach their financial needs and achieve the goal
Pros
good incentives
Cons
work hours is long
A very welcoming company
Volunteer - Handling (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had done volunteering work with the RBC company for a few years without pay. It was a great experience because it helped me develop a few skills such as organization skills, and initiation skills.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Had to challenge myself every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2015
Fun work place
Big company and great bonuses
Good relation with my bosses
The hardest part was advancement
What I most like about RBC is working with a big company and experiences that I have earn from them.
Had to deal with different kind of clients every day and I love working in diversity.
I didn't like the fact that they did not give me the opportunities to show them that I can handle more works and go beyond myself.
Pros
Having to challenge myself and going above myself
Cons
Slow advancement
Great Environment to work, with competitive salary/bonus
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2016
- Good culture, co-workers are very friendly and always willing to help out
- A number of collaborative events, and social events
Pros
good salary
Cons
legacy technology
excellent place to work
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
RBC is a forward thinking, trending with the times company. They have many initiatives and an excellent training program for all staff.
Serving customers and giving sound financial advice is a typical day at RBC. Everyone works as a team.
You are constantly learning new and innovative ways to serve customers better.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
hours vary
walmart photo studio
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Hanover, ONApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company and the environment. Friendly staff and very accommodating place to work. Could stand for a little more training with some of the product to make it easier.
This company takes good care of its' employees!
Technical Team Lead (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
A well established infrastructure made it very easy to get things done. Internal processes were mature, and made sense.

Encouraged a hard-working, diverse work force.
Rbc
Work as Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, OntarioMarch 9, 2016
I absolutely loved working at RBC.

Working with people may sound like a cliché comment but it is exactly what I strive in.

I only left RBC after 10 years due to their inflexibility to rotate Saturdays.
Friendly, fun work place
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Its a good place to work, good benefit, nice people I loved my time over there.
People are helpful and friendly.You can learn a lot from your managers if they have enough time for you.
Pros
BENEFIT