fun work environment and very helpfull team leaders
Collections Agent (Former Employee) – Mississauga, ON – August 17, 2016
- The environment everyday was very fun and comfortable, being punctual was most important for every employee.
- Learned more about what customer service is and applied it everyday at work, full training given by RBC on how to analyze all client information within database to provide best solutions to help ease their debt.
- Team leaders helped with any situations that were hard to solve, they did team meetings to discuss goals and any further improvements needed to apply to help clients ease their debt.
- At RBC there were teams for each team leader, members of each team were very helpful and respectful.
- The hardest part working at RBC was communicating with the clients over the phone because not every client was the same.
- The most enjoyable part was working in a team oriented environment where everyone helped each other, everyone was very respectful of each other.
Good company to work for and they provide excellent courses
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – August 11, 2016
Deal with escalations received Attend required meetings Both interesting and difficult to determine route cause of problems reported and in some cases being able to go through the software code Courses provide along with time to do them Able to work from home
Agente en recouvrement (Current Employee) – Montréal, QC – August 3, 2016
Very good and fun work place, best part of the job is being able to really help people going through hardship. The hardest part is trying to educate the client, so they can understand a little bit better the consequences and the impact a bad credit can have on their lives.
Client Advisor (Former Employee) – Vancouver, BC – July 18, 2016
I found management unhelpful and could not seem to prioritize either our goals and/or purpose. Sales driven without equitable distribution of acknowledgement dispersed to all staff. Incredible pressure to achieve sales targets with "chats" if the sales were not achieved, even those employees that have been with RBC for going on 30 years were feeling threatened. Work/Life balance valuation is poor at best. Constant split days off and changes to job arrangements without any recourse for the employee. My schedule changed 3 times adding more hours and days with another change coming again in June which lead me to leave.
Year end bonus
Work arrangements changing constantly and sales pressure is intense
Représentante des services financiers (Former Employee) – Montréal, QC – July 8, 2016
Very nice clients, very nice colleagues, difficulties with management. Branch environment is not the best of the company since it is very retail oriented- similar to a retail shop- accent is on Sales and work is late hours on end of week and Saturdays. The work is replaced by new technologies and is very repetitve otherwise. Advancement is extremely slowly at best of cases. Many people leaving or changing and never replaced which creates strains for the remaining. Could be extremely stressful because of ever growing sales targets. The company was really the best I have ever worked for only 8 years ago...since the retail concept was implemented, hard to believe it became such an impossible and neurotic environment !
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) – Toronto, ON – July 4, 2016
There are both positive and negative things. Late hours are typical. The management, however, stimulates innovations and arranges periodically technological competitions on hottest topics. The working conditions vary heavily from department to department.