RBC Employee Reviews

Rbc
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2017
RBC is a good company to work for if you want security if you are in a city. Being rural there is no where to advance. It is good that you can help many different types of families because it is all over Canada.
Pros
Canada wide top 5
Cons
Pushy sales
Awesome bank to work for
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 October 2017
RBC is one of the top banks in Canada. The culture and exposure to the financial world is imperative- RBC offers this. There is ample opportunity for growth and career advancement.
Forward thinking
Administration/Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
Overall great company to work at, however as at all large companies there are areas that are not perfect.
Management is encouraged to practice empowerment of employees and decision making, however letting go is challenging for some individuals.
Pros
Products and services are well thought out and communicated.
Cons
Too bureaucratic and political at times.
Productive place with great team members
Client Advisor / Cash Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
There is always something new to learn everyday. Friendly staff that are willing to help or assist in any way possible. Flexible working hours are sometimes offered .
Pros
All-inclusive banking without fee
Cons
Nepitism by management
Rbc
Initiatives & Implementation Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Good company that provides learning and professional development. Provides employees programs and valuable opportunities to grow their networking skills.
Management is Terrible
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
I left RBC, and the biggest problem is management. I'm tired of hearing about PMP. that gives a good foundation for project management understand but it does not create good managers.Most managers are only their because they have been at RBC forever. this is not how you make solid foundation for a company. Many have no idea how to resolve conflict, communicate, plan, or work with others.
Pros
Very bright open atmosphere lots of events and friendly workers.
Cons
Management is terrible across the board.
work life balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2017
not enough emphasis on employee growth a lot of performance based jobs which made it stressful. Taking days off became a challenge as there were many things you had to do.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delisle, SK13 October 2017
Public interaction, handling money, Atm , Booking appointments,learning new Computer applications daily,proactive calling, direct sales. Loved any moment of RBC
Pros
Great pay Opportunity for advancement
Cons
slow work days
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 October 2017
good company to work for. good for students to get their foot in the door and get into the best sector of banking. if your going for your cfa get an entry lvl job at one of these places.
Good
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 October 2017
Was happy to work there for a while and people there are very friendly and support each other. Hours was not enough and start much too early that affects family life so left for another job.
Good Company Ovetall
Technical System Analyst Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Very Good Company and have very good culture, a lot of things to learn, good balance between work and life. I recommend everyone to RBC, U WILL ENJOY YOUR TIME WORKING HERE
Nice growth culture
Représentant Service a la Clientèle (Current Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC12 October 2017
RBC is good for career building. they teach you a lot of stuff. they also give continuous training to keep employees sharp on any news. objectives are also easily attainable if you work properly.
Excellent Work Enviornment
Expert Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2017
Excellent Work Enviornment - one can experience a top-notch and standard client advisor experience with RBC . RBC is one of the progressive banks in Canada.
Nice working environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Good environment, dynamic. People are very bright.
Like often in big company, a lot of politics and that can slow the work sometimes.
A lot of possibility for changing position inside the company.
Royal Bank
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
I really liked working at the Royal Bank. I liked helping people out how ever I could. When I worked at the bank I felt like I was always part of the team. Benefits were good. Sometimes fast paced but for me I like that.The job gave me great knowledge of bank services for my customers as well as for myself. Really enjoyed going to work there.
Pros
No overnight shifts
Adequate
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
Enjoyed the team and my manager, but the team had difficult people to work with, who probably aren't there anymore. I have to fill this review in just to continue.
This company attracts wonderful people
Personal Banker, Online Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 October 2017
The Royal Bank of Canada, like ALL banks, turns not only their customers but also their employees into numbers. It's all about what you can do for their bottom line. Sell, Sell, Sell. If you can get a customer in and out the door as quickly as possible and take their money for something at the same time, cha ching.. they happy!

I worked at the Royal Banks Contact Center in Moncton. You become a pod person. You have your little 4x4 section that you're plugged into. It's a pretty slick system the Royal Bank has set up there. Average talk time has to be below 5 minutes and you have to meet your talk time quota AND your selling quotas or it's bye baby goodbye. Every second of your day is timed. You can't be unplugged a second more than you're supposed to be.

So what happens if you don't meet your quotas? Coaching. Their coaching is to help you be a High Achiever in selling... that includes selling little old ladies account packages way above what they need because you have to meet those sales targets. Coaching on talk time "Say it like this...", and "Gently bring the conversation back to business when a customer gets chatty.".. and "Be friendly, but don't encourage social conversations."

If I could meet my talk time quotas, my sales suffered. If I could meet my sales quotas, my talk time suffered. No amount of coaching helped because I could not in good conscience sell something just for the sake of sales. I was there to be of service to my customers, not the other way around. So I was let go because I couldn't consistently meet the sales targets of the
  more... Royal Bank of Canada. We're not talking a big miss either... we're talking very small differentials.

Too bad the big banks have made us all numbers. Too bad the banks are so focused on taking every dime they can possibly squeeze out of you. Too bad they have no soul.
Pros
My co-workers were wonderful
Cons
The pay is a pittance for the miserable existence you have to endure to earn it
Career Building Opportunity
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
One of the few organisations today that you can actually build your career internally, but you have to be careful to ensure that you land with the right leader in the right business or functional area.

RBC as an organisation is gold standard in terms of training and leadership development.
Pros
Opportunities abound across such a large organisation
Cons
Politics
Good
Pega Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
Good place to work life balance.

The environment is professional yet friendly. Co-workers are very supportive and the manager is understanding and fair. Lots of opportunities to grow within the company. Cross training is provided often so that employees are secured with jobs. Fun activities are organized and every quarter employees are awards.
Not a bad place, little advancement
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
Working at RBC was pretty good but little advancement, working at the head office was good but it all depends on your co workers, management and upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.