RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,428 reviews matching the search
Great Compnay!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Working in RBC for sometime. It is a great company, great people and environment. Good work life balance. Lots of opportunities to grow and improve within.
Pros
great people
not bad
Project Coordinator/ AML Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
I would say it is not a bad place to work for now that I have seen worse culture as well. It gives people a homely atmosphere but again it also depends on people you work with
Good place to work but the expectation is too high
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 September 2017
The IRP job is not my favorite. Lots of cold calls . You are limited to one branch. There is no training in regards to building a net work out of the bank.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Worst office set up.
Awful
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  East York, ON17 September 2017
Worked at RBC for 3 years. Management is not even management. Zero ethics, zero values. Zero thought into who they are hiring, leading to horrible employees. I didn't know what a real leader and real management was until I left RBC. Would not recommend to work there.
Excellent time working at RBC
Client Advisor Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
While working at RBC, I had the privilege to work alongside some great individuals who allowed me to flourish within the work area. Not only did I feel comfortable while at RBC, but I also established strong relationships with my co workers and supervisors.
Senior Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Great Place and people to work with. I was on contract and had full support from team and management. Management relied on the skill set you brought to the group and respected your opinion. You felt as though you skills were appreciated.
Pros
Work and Home life balance
Cons
Have to book your desk. No designated sitting space
Very friendly and supportive work environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Management staff always trying to bring values to our work. No micro management, fully trust individual's potential, and always willing to support. Compensation is so far the best in all financial industries i have worked for. Lots of opportunities to grow. Company values diversity.
Pros
Flexibility, friendliness, very diverse, opportunities to grow, great compensations
Cons
fun workplace and some became like a family
Cheque Collection Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
learned to be very productive and reach benchmarks. i just don't feel compensated with all the efforts and hard work that is put in to finishing work daily
Pros
productive
Cons
long hours of sitting causes back pain
Office Politics
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 September 2017
The role in and of itself is not difficult however there is a definite disconnect between upper management and the branch level. While each branch is different and the culture varies significantly most branches are enjoyable to work at. Upper management frequently will require emphasis to be placed on certain things with little regard for feedback from the front lines. This does impact your ability to advance from an entry level position despite success in the role. However if you know this going in it should not pose much of an issue. Understanding that the upper management generally just wants you to do what they say and play along will serve you well. In terms of the role itself, there is alot more to it than what it seems. There is a large emphasis on sales, client experience and operational excellence but achieving excellence in the role is very attainable. Being a retail position there is little job flexibility as is expected. There are plenty of networking and support systems in place for you to build contacts and improve your career. All in all the job is a good learning experience and you will develop many skills that will benefit you in the future after this entry level position.
Cons
Office Politics
customer service orientated
Branch and Royal Direct Expert Advice Specialist (Former Employee) –  montreal canada13 September 2017
busy, fast paced, stresfull, great management , fair and encouraging,hardest part of the job dealing with about 100 people a day , most enjoyable making the clients happy
Pros
team work
Great Bank/Great Culture
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 September 2017
very positive work atmosphere
strong team culture
great support and training
management is engaged and connected to staff
strong brand recognition
great opportunity for advancement
Team Orientated
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC12 September 2017
I had a good time working there, its professional, team orientated. The staff were kind and the management team did a great job supporting everyone with clients and career asperations.
Productive , Process oriented and Fun to work
DICE Program QA Lead & Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Productive , Process oriented and Fun to work.

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow your career
Working on delivering latest technology solutions,Great employer for diversity and inclusion.
Nice experience in a big company
Représentante service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal12 September 2017
Happy client, happy company! The values is to make the people financial goals happened while giving them advice and educate them to use the technologies.
Pros
Flexibles benefits
Cons
Hard for the advancement
Great way to learn banking skills
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Nice Bank to work out of top 5 banks. Learned alot of banking skills that I can take to other careers. Overall I would recommend applying here as it is a very nice work place. Management is welcoming most of the times and employees are very helpful.
Pros
Benefits, RRSP matching contribution.
Cons
Short hours for some job positions.
Excellent benefits, stressful workload
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
Sales targets increasingly harder year over year. Annual bonus reflected and decreased. Excellent flex benefits. Short and long term disability. Flexible work arrangements
Really good management, supportive and friendly
Investment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
I really like this position with RBC DI and the management, they are friendly and supportive. For a family reason, I have to leave, there really isn't any cons. If I have to choose one, it is the location.
change of focus
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 September 2017
the first few years of RBC was amazing, it was client focused and it was about finding what the client needed. I enjoyed coming to work and loved the work ethic that RBC stood for. The focus of the company changed from always being our clients first choice, to becoming the number one BANK. Sales became the focus. I
Pros
some great Managers
Cons
SALES Sales
Good place to work and develop skills
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
Good place to work and develop skills. Generally good working conditions with peers and managers keen to succeed and develop talent. Recommended for short or long term career.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 September 2017
I only worked there a ahort time since I went to school fulltime! But the atmosphere was great! Meeting new customers everyday was great. Having to know and learn so much from the community. It really had deversity of workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.