RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,086 reviews matching the search
Customer Servive Representaive
Client Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Working as a Customer Service Representative was fast paced, with plenty of face-to-face interaction with bank customers. I was expected to process financial transactions quickly and accurately while maintaining their professional demeanor at all times.An average day for a bank teller begins with opening the bank, counting the cash drawer and reviewing reports of transactions. The rest of the day involves greeting customers professionally and handling a wide variety of financial transactions efficiently and by bank rules and regulations. The day ends with a final count of the cash drawer, final reporting requirements and approval from the bank teller supervisor.
Benefits
Cons
risk of a robbery
The most enjoyable part of the job
Account Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
There were a number of things I liked best about that job. I enjoyed the level of open and direct communication. This moved things along quickly and few things were left unsaid. Another thing I liked was your ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.
fun
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2017
good benefits, good people, a lot of room to grow. managers are supportive and benefits are great. typical day at work will be at your desk waiting for calls and helping clients
learn new things
Policy Accounting Administrator - (Insurance) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
I learned new applications

It was a team environment

I met a lot of people

I learned new tasks

I met all levels of SLA services

I am very detail-oriented
High Stress environment
Senior Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
A highly stressful environment, work life balance is very rarely implemented although touted about. Salary compensation is below average. A lot of internal politics to navigate, career planning and advancement is minimal.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Tight deadlines, Immense stress
I stayed parttime almost 30 years
Expert Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2017
customer service with sales focus helping seniors training new girlskeeping up to date on new products chance to go to differnt branchs andloans or investments a large variety of hours for parttime. many carreers for traing to advance to managers or very diversified place to work rewards for high performance and good benefits for everyone
Tough goals you have to meet
CSR (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 May 2017
RBC requires you to achieve unbelievable sales goals, that only get steeper each year. It fosters a dishonest environment in which people feel pressured to meet these goals, or their managers and everyone else wont get their bonuses before Christmas
Pros
Best Managers
Cons
Sales Goals
Lot of entertainemtn
Account Service Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 May 2017
RBC is great place to work. Work environment is very friendly and peaceful. Management is very cooperative and ready to solve your problems.
Thank you.
Good company and good culture.
Investment representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal12 May 2017
RBC has treated me well and I have no complaints but I had other intentions in terms of career path for the long run. For a first I wanted to try starting my own company which I did right after being with RBC for exactly 5 years. I appreciate the experience that RBC has given me the opportunity to learn and my departure is entirely my own choice.
Pros
Best employer to me so far.
Cons
(signed documents for my position at the bank) Cannot own company.
csr
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
I was a teller, I took care of people's money and provided basic financial knowledge. It was ok. What more must I say before I can get to applying for jobs? Please, this system is dumb

Want to know more about RBC?

Ask a question
Tremendous opportunity to assist and educate individuals on basic and complex financial matters
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2017
Greta place to work, learn and advance. Typical day starts at 7:30 ends at 5 or 6. I like to come in a hour early to plan for the day so I am best prepared for client interactions. Best part of job is educating people on products and options that are available to them financially.
Productive workplace
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with clients. The branch that I worked at had an incredible client base. You knew that you would have a great day at work because of them.
Pros
Great cliental
Cons
Too far away
independent and action filled.
Volunteer crowd control (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2017
Being a one of the many crowd control people out there, you have a responsibility for safety and you have to be able to give people information in a positive manner even if it is hecktic.
Lots of Changes
Client Advisor, Business Services (Former Employee) –  High Prairie, AB9 May 2017
Worked in the midst of a lot of changes. It was very hard to start work in a place that was going through so many changes with management and staff. Staff didn't last very long and didn't have a lot of staff to begin with and still don't.
experience positive
Central Teller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2017
Beaucoup de responsabilites qui m'ont aide a gagner une belle experience dans le. domain bancaire.
Rbc
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
-interact with client
-dual-diligent for the transaction
-identify an investment opportunity
-help client construct financial plan to reach financial goal
IT is being decimated here
Program Manager Production Resiliency (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Offshoring and non technical management in IT is leading this once great company to near disaster in my opinion. As the leading bank in the country should show leadership in job creation and maintain a healthy job environment. Greed is killing IT.
Pros
Great Job satisfaction in Non IT areas
Cons
Low job satisfaction in IT
productive workplace requiring a lot of focus
Night Deposit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nassau, ON4 May 2017
in charge of entering deposits for clients accounts. Learned a little about business and how to be more responsible with my money. The culture in the workplace was simply production. This job required you to stay focus at all time to ensure to mistakes or misplacement of funds.
productive and fun workplace
Dispute Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
Lots of room to grow and move up within the company. Challenging at time but your learn a lot of skills within customer service, finance and fraud. Also can have the opportunity to meet great people.
Sales environment rather than advisory
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2017
Experience will differ based on the manager you work with. My initial manger was knowledgeable and supportive and wasn't always about number. The work environment creates competition amongst peers which can be good and bad. Succession planning is evident but will be more favourable to individuals who are more influential and recognized by their managers.
Pros
Good bonuses based on performance.
Cons
Aiming for bonus can be harmful to the clients who depend on you for advice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.