RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

progressive company
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
the work environment is nice and very competitive. Management helps employees to excel, but there is not a push for actual advancement.
Pros
pay
Cons
advancement
Great place to work!
Operations System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I was only there for four months as a summer student, but it was amazing! The culture was great and everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The company set up lots of opportunities to meet people and connect with other people in the company as well as people higher in management positions. Would love to go back to RBC!
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Pros
Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons
Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
Branch environment review ONLY
Représentante des services financiers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2016
Very nice clients, very nice colleagues, difficulties with management. Branch environment is not the best of the company since it is very retail oriented- similar to a retail shop- accent is on Sales and work is late hours on end of week and Saturdays. The work is replaced by new technologies and is very repetitve otherwise. Advancement is extremely slowly at best of cases. Many people leaving or changing and never replaced which creates strains for the remaining. Could be extremely stressful because of ever growing sales targets. The company was really the best I have ever worked for only 8 years ago...since the retail concept was implemented, hard to believe it became such an impossible and neurotic environment !
benefits
Cons
advancement
Great Company but some Senior Management Concerns
technology delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
The company is a great to work for and colleagues are fairly decent. Pay is relatively good, benefits are average. Management - highs and lows, depends on the team you are in. There are areas in the bank where management is great.

There are areas in the bank where the staff are often made the scapegoat because the middle management make mistakes or do not take accountability for delivery that they are responsible for. Where management is comprised of people who where from the capital market side of the business, you need to be very careful. Always need to be vigilant and need to protect yourself. Mean, cheating, bullies and backstabbing is found very often.
Pros
co-workers, some very good management, challenging work
Cons
Top heavy, too many layers, low moral is some areas
Great co-workers and some pretty awesome clients
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2016
I found management unhelpful and could not seem to prioritize either our goals and/or purpose. Sales driven without equitable distribution of acknowledgement dispersed to all staff. Incredible pressure to achieve sales targets with "chats" if the sales were not achieved, even those employees that have been with RBC for going on 30 years were feeling threatened. Work/Life balance valuation is poor at best. Constant split days off and changes to job arrangements without any recourse for the employee.
My schedule changed 3 times adding more hours and days with another change coming again in June which lead me to leave.
Pros
Year end bonus
Cons
Work arrangements changing constantly and sales pressure is intense
Great place to learn and grow
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow as a career person and to network as well.

The management isn't always very logical unforunately and the salary is very low.

Staff can be both very fun to work with and very difficult as well.
they should learn how to manager people
Account Manager/Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
the branch i work with, the manager there was very very bad, you have do every little thing, even it is not related to your role, he is still asking you to do it everyday. And he is kind of force me to stay the branch where i worked, not allow me to transfer to other locations. Also, when i registered a course which rbc will pay for it, it took him 3 month to get this approved and it happened twice in last two yrs. He basically does not want to give you any raise, always saying that you do not have enough experience for this you do not have any experience for that. His management skills are horrible.
Pros
other people sees that you have a good job but you basically do not
Cons
long hours, salary based, you will have to work at least 5 hours extra every week at least
productive and goal oriented - self motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 5, 2016
Very busy and productive which was satisfying to know goals were met individually and as a team.
Learned how to be very thorough, you could never write enough information.
Management was supportive and approachable.
Co workers were the best working family. Team players, coachers and patience to help when needed.
Hardest part of the job was to meet with management, due to very busy schedules, to assist you with added responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the wins, the team work, the people and the customers.
Pros
Meeting and working with great people
Cons
Time management - hard to meet with upper management due to busy schedules
Great Company with No work/life Balance
management is okay
co workers are great
salary is low
The following error occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
A very welcoming company
Volunteer - Handling (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had done volunteering work with the RBC company for a few years without pay. It was a great experience because it helped me develop a few skills such as organization skills, and initiation skills.
Pros
Great people
Catching up to startups
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Although RBC is a bank they are catching up with the startup culture and it's a great place to be. However, there are still people who are reluctant to change, especially middle managers and the environment/culture is very different across teams.
Fun and productive
Junior Planning Analyst, Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
well planned and very effective learning experience. Had really good relationships with the management. it was very balanced work-life experience.
Productive with deadline and having fun while helping colleagues
Client Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
A delightful place to work for with supportive management. Learned lots of technical skills on personal grow and develop. Too many red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping each other to complete our assignments.
Pros
Flexibility
Had to challenge myself every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2015
Fun work place
Big company and great bonuses
Good relation with my bosses
The hardest part was advancement
What I most like about RBC is working with a big company and experiences that I have earn from them.
Had to deal with different kind of clients every day and I love working in diversity.
I didn't like the fact that they did not give me the opportunities to show them that I can handle more works and go beyond myself.
Pros
Having to challenge myself and going above myself
Cons
Slow advancement
not a nice experience
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Aggressive, unfair, detrimental, negative, unstable, politically driven, unpleasant environment and incompetent, insecure management. On the positive side, flexible breaks, good pay and bonuses.
Good brand to have
Manager, Client Action Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
growth opportunities if you network and work hard, but eventually there is a cap after which it is harder to break through to higher and better positions

your experience at RBC will depend completely on your manager. most managers are really good and supportive.

although there is room to grow, but that growth only comes in the form of title..pay increases for internal employees are terrible.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
bad pay upgrades
it depends on the team/department you work with
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
There are both positive and negative things. Late hours are typical. The management, however, stimulates innovations and arranges periodically technological competitions on hottest topics.
The working conditions vary heavily from department to department.
Pros
TEchnology innovations
Cons
Job security always at risk
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
Salaries are competitive. Management is very poor. The salaries of workers were openly discussed among employees, and the atmosphere was always very tens. People were afraid to call in genuinely ill, spreading illness to everyone on the team, eventually causing a domino effect. Everyone was always scared for their job security, and morale was very low.
nice work place
Insurance Adviser Intern (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 4, 2016
There are peaks and lows when, depending in which department you are working, that one could be extremely busy, or not so busy. There are daily reviews of the previous day successes, pitfalls, challenges and lessons to learn. Targets are set based on the reviews of previous days.
Pros
perfect workplace
Cons
no complaint with anything.