RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,381 reviews matching the search
Extraordinary work, amazing people
Consultant, Program and Change Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
A place where the combination of work and people is truly a consultant's dream come true. Challenging and interesting projects, great empowerment and a collaborative team environment that permeates. I would absolutely go back in a heartbeat!
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  bathurst and college branch19 August 2017
RBC was great place to work.
Got along with whole team and Clients.
office environment was great.
All employees were helpful.
they help me and trained me well.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
low salery
Technology is always changing
ATM QA Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
RBC has put a massive focus on restructuring the company to be ahead of the curve in technology which is awesome to see on such a large scale. The management team has a clear focus and all the various departments work together extremely well to accomplish the common goals of advancing the company and the technology it operates on.
Pros
Approachable management, bleeding edge tech
Cons
Very competitive work area
Productive Work Environment
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON15 August 2017
Bank industry is changing very rapidly, jobs and duties are not the same. Lots of unhappy staff district wide.
Roles within branch level have become much more sale focused and employees are expected to product push on the clients.
The banks are no longer a place customers can go for truly needed products or advice. They will be pressured to sign up for products they do not need.
good starting work place after college/univesity for getting experience
Server/Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2017
- low or below average salary
- good working condition and relaxed environment
- no restriction or tight on start-time of work in the morning
- groups or politics play within corporation
- no guide-line or fair bonuses
- no salary increase according to living or inflation rate
Pros
good and relaxed working condition and sometimes have some casual drinkings after work as in groups
Cons
low or below everage salary expectation
Very dedicated to their employees skills and learning
Expert Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON13 August 2017
A typical day at work included demonstrating an excellent client experience. As an employee I learned new skills everyday at RBC. I was given one on one and group training. Every week our management team led a weekly outcome meeting with employees.
As an employee we were taught and demonstrated the importance of diversity and integrity in the workplace.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate clients. Even though we are taught how to react and cope with these clients it is hard to deal with someone blaming you personally and yelling at you for something you have no control over.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients make banking simpler and faster.
Pros
learning time, team, satisfied clients
Cons
irate clients
Diverse and Team Work oriented
Specialized Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
My job includes (what is a typical date at work)Training and Daily support of Processing Teams. My responsibilities are training individuals and Teams on RBC's products, policies, processes and platforms.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help and assist the people that I support, whether it is fixing errors, or passing on my knowledge and information.
I wouldn't say that there is anything hard about my job, but I do look forward to more challenging opportunities, and there are currently minimum to no opportunities to move forward.
Great place to start your career
Senior IT Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2017
Limited opportunities for career growth for people with international experience; unclear policies on staff promotion; management not much interested in employee opinions
Working
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
•Managing banking operations inclusive of implementing short / long plans; managing teams with focus on excelling business targets and services delivery metrics.
RBC is awesome
TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2017
No joke - this place is the best place to work in Canada! I miss it - the company is wonderful. Employee appreciation is the BEST hands down! Career advancement is good but you are so satisfied in any job it doesn't really matter much.
Pros
salary, awards and appreciation
Cons
no cons
supportive
Associate/Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2017
- supportive management
- professional working environment
- effective learning curves
- groups and or teams can work together towards one goal under the RBC umbrella
Great benefits however
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
Company refuses to give cost of living pay increases even though they make billions in profits annually. They attempt to put together a pretty picture of 'overall' compensation, that the benefits should make up for not getting raises - but it doesn't. Management often says one thing and does another. Code of conduct is inconsistently enforced.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No cost of living pay increases
perfect work life balance job
Account service agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
very good team
good manager
worked at Yorkmills
great work life balance
flexible schedule
at RBC nothing is free
the hardest part of job was no career advancement
Review
Senior Analyst, Entitlements (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2017
The management does not know how to manage people properly. Even after putting in 60 hrs every week, they demand more hours. No team work. No motivation. No encouragement. Not a place to work if you want to advance your career.
Pros
Cons
Everything - from long hours to poor mannagement skills
Great work term
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2017
An open environment for artificial intelligence.
Still at an early stage for artificial intelligence.
Relaxing working culture for intership.
Great opportunity to get connected with people.
Good workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON5 August 2017
A fast paced environment which will keep you busy all day. The people that I worked with were more than helpful, and always a pleasure to work with. Overall a good place to work.
no job advancement from Mortgage Specialist
Residential Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
I worked for them for just over 20 years, 16 as a Mortgage Specialist. After getting very tired of this last role due to how long I had been doing it and the nature of how it had changed, I was not given the opportunity to advance my career to any other roles within this very large domestic company, despite multiple internal job applications of over a year, with a handful of interviews, much "job shadowing", internal networking etc. I feel bitter with them about this. My conclusion is that too much history with one employer is not to your advantage. Best to keep changing employers as there is no loyalty. Used to be much better when I started. Benefits were much more generous too. Met some good people internally and clients over the years and that's about it...They have their head very far up their own, you can guess the rest, to really care about you....
Pros
well known blue chip, for what its worth to clients and me (less and less)
Cons
very arrogant organisation, management...a shadow of its former self...
Private Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
I have found RBC to be the best bank to work for out of all of the banks I have been to. There is a lot of tenure between employees so they must be doing something right
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No overtime and long hours
Productive, fun to work and Learning
Front-end Java developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
Chance to learn new technologies.
Afternoon lunch and evening boat parties every quarter.
Hardest part is project timelines but not all the time. Some days are fun and some days it becomes hectic. Extra hrs some times needed depending upon the project. Have to work on multiple projects at the same time on a need basis.
Liaising with different technical teams as many legacy systems being used.

Meetings sometimes eats up the whole day.
Pros
Free Lunches and evening Parties
Cons
Meetings sometimes takes up whole day
call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2017
working in the call centre has been an experience where I enjoyed assisting clients with their Life and Living Benefits policies.
Communicating with clients and agents daily with many various requests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.