RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,018 reviews matching the search
Toxic Work Environment
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Everybody thinks working for a bank is a great place to work! THINK AGAIN! It is a toxic environment. Working here suck the life right out of you... Management points out everything you are doing wrong, never give you encouragement expect way to much out of people and in order to meet your sales goals you will have to put people into account packages they do not need and may not be able to afford.
Pros
Benefits and pension
Cons
Bias and unhealthy work environment
Disputes Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2017
Unless you are close friends with management you will rarely be promoted or be up for advancement/ career movement. The hours range from 7am to 12 am and change week to week with no warning. Other than the insurance benefits and pay it's one of the worst work environments, a call center with lack of staff, and angry customers because of the over 45 mins wait time.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
no advancement or opportunity, lack of staff, bad scheduling
Royal Bank of Canada
Client Effectiveness Coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada23 February 2017
RBC; Royal Bank of Canada being the largest Canadian bank continues to maintain its reputation. It is rated for best customer service and satisfaction. A typical day at work would include going over the coaching log for each intern and then participating in call listening. The workplace culture mainly consists of all ethnic groups with much diversity.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion is to sit beside each individual and do call listening.
The most enjoyable part of the job includes earning reward points based on best performance. These points then can be redeemed toward various products.
Pros
employee appreciation days, earn reward points
Cons
Learned to multi task, take responsibility of work done, communicate with lawyers and bank managers, work under pressure, etc
Accounts Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Great opportunity to learn various skills like analyze and communicate and obtain information and documents from lawyers, closing officers and lenders to close mortgages. Also, managed time efficiently and accomplished tasks in a deadline driven environment, worked as a team and as an individual, trained new staff through job shadowing and prepared job aids.
Pros
great team work, excellent management, lot to learn
Cons
travel time to and from work
Exceptional training. Team.
RBC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB6 February 2017
I loved learning with RBC. It was a very high pace environment and you had to be very alert and efficient. My most satisfaction came from people leaving with a smile, as well as helping other work mates and making their job easier. Everyone worked at watching each others back. If one was about to make a mistake and someone else caught it, they were quick to help out. Low staff made it harder sometimes but we all worked and did the best we could. Management tried hard to work with my needs when i was hit with major depression. My biggest practice was diversity with people and i found my job very successful.
Pros
Good Perks. Team building
Cons
High Stress when i caught fraud.
Sales Oriented
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 January 2017
I enjoyed my time with Royal Bank. I was willing to learn and the bank was willing to send me to internal training classes. It's important that an employer understands that not having some qualification is ok as long as you are willing and able to learn. Royal Bank and I had a win-win relationship. I was loyal to the bank and the bank in turn would transfer me to branches of my choice.

I loved the interaction with staff and clients. I believe I would still be at Royal Bank if I had not made a career change.
is a good place to work great people
Specialized Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
The company was a fabulous place to expose yourself to different functions pertaining to the industry. The people themselves were very much enjoyable to work with and driven to succeed not only for themselves but with other associates through their teamwork bringing forth a win win for all involved.
The management basis was one of a figurehead and were always available if needed. The company was very much into diversity which in today's market is necessary for uniting people of all cultures to work in any business. A typical day could be challenging and would require the completing the many tasks or assignments given some of which could be complex but the end results would be rewarding.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working late
All depends on how competitive you are
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 March 2017
The management is very robotic and by the book. Not too much constant supervision which is nice, but the trickle down effect of new policies and implementations are really bad. Good benefits and pay. Hardest part is dealing with management and how you manage your relationship with your co-workers.
Pros
Little supervision, benefits, pay
Cons
Management is very robotic "useless" in some ways
A great place to work with an exceptional workplace culture
Technical Writer co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
When I first started by co-op term at RBC, I did not expect the very open and friendly workplace environment I would become a part of. All of my co-workers and superiors were very friendly and easy to approach. I felt like i was a part of the team even though it was just a temporary Placement. RBC is a place of employment I would wholeheartedly recommend
Cons
Some
Enjoyed working at RBC.
Client Advisor Business Services (Former Employee) –  Hillsburgh, ON4 January 2017
I've worked at a few locations but got full time in Hillsburgh. That was my favorite location. I absolutely loved working with the ladies there. They made my day. We worked hard to be the best we could be and had a lot of fun. Its a small branch so I got to know the community real fast and just loved them. I would go back there.

My managers were awesome as well. They were always nice and pleasant to be around. The hardest or worst part of the job was always having to worry about numbers and %'s. The best part of the job was helping clients find ways to save on their banking needs.
Pros
Fun place to work, Love being around money.
Cons
The sales aspect of the job.
Freindly and helpful atmosphere
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
I have not experienced to any hard day here. From the trailing period to till working its all about to be a good. Sometimes I stuck for new things but all the office staff is very helpful. I learned the Canadian one of big brands AFA system where I am looking for queue handling. All the management personalities are wonderful and helpful. It is feeling good to work in a enthusiastic co-workers. I can not say to handle a application queue is a hard but yes its a full part towards attention to detail and accuracy. the enjoyable part is to get the RBC rich experience and catching up new people with great attitude.
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
Excellent professional enviroment, great co workers,
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2017
Excellent professional place. I learned quite a bit of customer service with this company. This was my first professional job and my first introduction to finances.A great opportunity that I am very thankful and appreciative for.
Pros
Great co workers, introduction to finances
Cons
was not enough work available to keep me on full time
Rbc
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Not the busiest location, clients come in to inquire about their account, statements, loans. Learn how to do new transactions everyday since every client have different needs and request. I work with great people, wouldn't relocate because of the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that every transaction are done successfully in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of working for RBC is the network area, all the contacts you are able to make here at this branch is exceptional.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Salary
Friendly and Professional
Client Service Representative CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
• Contributed to branch client experience by providing personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking needs.
• Put clients first by meeting, greeting and getting to know them; processed a variety of financial transactions and stayed abreast of customer's emerging financial needs
• Contributed to sales results by completing Everyday Banking reviews and adds value to all client interactions by spotting opportunities to provide advice beyond the immediate need that saves clients time and money
• Improved client understanding of all access choices and benefits while respecting client choice and preference
• Met weekly target goal within 2 weeks
Pros
Staffs are nice and helpful
Cons
hard to relocate
Great place with a great enviornment
Overnight Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
It's really a great company the people are nice and the office is great. The managers are great people too. The company give personal time when needed and you're not always under pressure. If you have done other call center jobs and didn't mind that I would definitely recommend RBC as they are a step up from that.
Innovating
Digital Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
Workplace has evolved as clients needs have changed and we are at the top when troubleshooting and running escalations to provide ultimate solutions to the client. Its ongoing learning has technology is changing and team members are like a huge family, the hardest part of the job is matrices that representatives are judged on.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Overwork
Best at teamwork in achieving common goal.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
As a casual employee, I only have few hours of work at RBC. I am assigned to process deposits of clients and work at fast paced environment in order to meet daily deadlines.
I easily learned all trainings with the coaching of my manager.
Teamwork is best played here. We meet our daily requirements and we adhere to coherence and diversity as a group.
Pros
Most of the time we have free lunches.
Cons
Few hours of work
Good opportunity to move up, pay is less than desirable
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
It can be very routine, when I was a client advisor the hardest part was telling a client their money was being put on hold. A lot of focus on providing the right advice and solutions to clients. The clients really made the job enjoyable, as you build a relationship with the "regulars".
Pros
Benefits are immediate - and vacation is 3 weeks to start
Cons
Pay
High political environment
TOKENS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
People with no skills are promoted if they have the right connections, while the qualified workers could be kept as the best kept secret in the organization, overlooked for recognition and advancement of career. It's basically a popularity competition of sorts.
Same goes for recruitment, if you know an insider who knows job openings , or a relative, they can influence management to get you the job. This is apparent when you see off springs of employees in high positions being immediately employed even if not qualified.
Pros
1 hr breaks, good lunch area
Cons
no job stability

84%