RBC Employee Reviews

Freindly and helpful atmosphere
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
I have not experienced to any hard day here. From the trailing period to till working its all about to be a good. Sometimes I stuck for new things but all the office staff is very helpful. I learned the Canadian one of big brands AFA system where I am looking for queue handling. All the management personalities are wonderful and helpful. It is feeling good to work in a enthusiastic co-workers. I can not say to handle a application queue is a hard but yes its a full part towards attention to detail and accuracy. the enjoyable part is to get the RBC rich experience and catching up new people with great attitude.
Enjoyed working at RBC.
Client Advisor Business Services (Former Employee) –  Hillsburgh, ON4 January 2017
I've worked at a few locations but got full time in Hillsburgh. That was my favorite location. I absolutely loved working with the ladies there. They made my day. We worked hard to be the best we could be and had a lot of fun. Its a small branch so I got to know the community real fast and just loved them. I would go back there.

My managers were awesome as well. They were always nice and pleasant to be around. The hardest or worst part of the job was always having to worry about numbers and %'s. The best part of the job was helping clients find ways to save on their banking needs.
Pros
Fun place to work, Love being around money.
Cons
The sales aspect of the job.
Rbc
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
Not the busiest location, clients come in to inquire about their account, statements, loans. Learn how to do new transactions everyday since every client have different needs and request. I work with great people, wouldn't relocate because of the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is to make sure that every transaction are done successfully in a timely manner and the most enjoyable part of working for RBC is the network area, all the contacts you are able to make here at this branch is exceptional.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Salary
Best at teamwork in achieving common goal.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
As a casual employee, I only have few hours of work at RBC. I am assigned to process deposits of clients and work at fast paced environment in order to meet daily deadlines.
I easily learned all trainings with the coaching of my manager.
Teamwork is best played here. We meet our daily requirements and we adhere to coherence and diversity as a group.
Pros
Most of the time we have free lunches.
Cons
Few hours of work
High political environment
TOKENS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
People with no skills are promoted if they have the right connections, while the qualified workers could be kept as the best kept secret in the organization, overlooked for recognition and advancement of career. It's basically a popularity competition of sorts.
Same goes for recruitment, if you know an insider who knows job openings , or a relative, they can influence management to get you the job. This is apparent when you see off springs of employees in high positions being immediately employed even if not qualified.
Pros
1 hr breaks, good lunch area
Cons
no job stability
Needs some help
Account Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2016
Company could do with a reassessment of benefits and salaries. This leading bank can be a great place to work and with amazing people. However, they try to sell you the idea that overall employee benefits and compensation outweigh low wages. Unfortunately, the present time value of money is greater than a lot of the benefits they offer...not to mention you must be a permanent employee for these benefits.

Management can vary according to your team. Coworkers also are dependent on your team.

Room for growth is very, very little in Quebec.
Good opportunity to move up, pay is less than desirable
Mortgage Specialist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 December 2016
It can be very routine, when I was a client advisor the hardest part was telling a client their money was being put on hold. A lot of focus on providing the right advice and solutions to clients. The clients really made the job enjoyable, as you build a relationship with the "regulars".
Pros
Benefits are immediate - and vacation is 3 weeks to start
Cons
Pay
Excellent professional enviroment, great co workers,
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 January 2017
Excellent professional place. I learned quite a bit of customer service with this company. This was my first professional job and my first introduction to finances.A great opportunity that I am very thankful and appreciative for.
Pros
Great co workers, introduction to finances
Cons
was not enough work available to keep me on full time
Friendly and Professional
Client Service Representative CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
• Contributed to branch client experience by providing personal and business clients with professional and accurate service for their everyday banking needs.
• Put clients first by meeting, greeting and getting to know them; processed a variety of financial transactions and stayed abreast of customer's emerging financial needs
• Contributed to sales results by completing Everyday Banking reviews and adds value to all client interactions by spotting opportunities to provide advice beyond the immediate need that saves clients time and money
• Improved client understanding of all access choices and benefits while respecting client choice and preference
• Met weekly target goal within 2 weeks
Pros
Staffs are nice and helpful
Cons
hard to relocate
Never Again!!!
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 October 2016
Was hired with insufficient training for the Commercial Account Manager - Agriculture. Expectations were very high, and the mental abuse and harrassment was so unbearable, I had no choice but quit. No support from VP, and mentors, I was eventually pushed out without the option to transfer to another department. My mentor set me up for failure to succeed. Would not consider working in this territory in the future.
Pros
Branch staff was supportive.
Cons
Insufficient training and bullying/harrassment from VP and mentor.
customer service
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2016
• Responsibilities included taking inbound calls, regarding cancellations, billing issues.
• Maintained time management skills and focused on the coordination of multiple activities all with tight deadlines
• Fulfilled client’s expectations in compliance with RBC Bank policies, practices and procedure.
• Ensuring adherence to all processes, procedures and campaign standards Always Exceeds the Sales Target in all Quarter’s.
• Also awarded Made a Difference award from Royal Bank Canada
Fun workplace to work for
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Wholesale Parameters Enhancement Program (WPEP) addresses the requirement to enhance its approach and implementation in estimating Probability of Default (PD), Loss Given Default (LGD) and Usage Given Default (UGD) metrics across its Wholesale banking portfolio. These changes are required to meet Basel II regulatory requirements.
It's a great place to work
Workflow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 November 2016
I enjoyed my job with RBC . Worked in a great environment with 11 other co workers. I worked in the cash operations side of the bank .. I supervised the worked flow of the other employees in turn reported to my manager ... I have since retired from RBC after almost 24 years of service . I am a people person and would enjoy this type of work with interaction with people ....
enjoyed working with public
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cardston, AB22 September 2016
The Job at the bank was one I enjoyed the people I worked for were okay co-workers but there was one that I had problems working with making me quit. I have learned from this experience that I do not like to be treated as a outsider. The clients were enjoyable to be with. Found many to be very thankful for what I was able to help them with. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the client leave with smile on there face. Having conversations with clients and now not being able to see them is the hardest part of leaving the job
Productive and busy
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  6880 Financial Dr Mississauga21 September 2016
It is always fun to work as I have no idea of how the day went by as it is always very busy.
Being in HR has increased my knowledge to a great extent. HR is all about policies that keep changing, payrolls etc, I learn new things everyday that helps me in my day to day life as well.
I enjoy talking to managers, employees or former employees to educate them or guide them in what they are looking for.
The thing that i am looking for some change is that we are on calls all day, so the chance of learning or participation in other meetings or training is limited.
good entry level sales position at the bank
BANKING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
Overall a good place to work, flexible hours, good benefit package, not having to work national holidays nor Sundays. Time management skills are a must, as is being organized and preparing the day ahead at the beginning of the day.
Pros
one hour lunch break every day
Cons
Minimum sales expectations increased every year
rbc
Junior Achievement (Former Employee) –  downtown toronto24 October 2016
working at junior achievement was a very different environment then what im used to. It was in a office building in the middle of downtown Toronto. Junior achievement was owned by Royal Bank of Canada and the main reason the program was made was for teens in high school to learn how to market and sell products.
Pros
free lunches, great environment
Cons
commission pay
Royal Bank of Canada
Banking Advisor/Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2016
I enjoy my role at RBC in that it provides me the opportunity daily to offer clients essential and valuable advice in terms of general banking, savings, investing, credit and credit management, mortgages and estates. I've learned over the years that it appears that, in many cases, there is a large percentage of clients who've not been provided key banking information whether from their parents, school(s) or peers. I take a great amount of pride in providing clients excellent advice and products to assist them in reaching their goals and managing their finances wisely and responsibly. My peers are among the most professional and financially educated colleagues I've worked with and enjoy their partnership and team based values.
Pros
Salary range compared to competitors
Retrieved credit bureaus for co-applicant clients to be added on Primary’s Visa or MasterCard Account
ACCOUNTS SERVICES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
* A typical day at work - Very Busy from beginning to the end. I loved it. it was a great experience.

* What I learned - everything there is to know in a banking industry, especially when clients are requesting limit increases and/or requesting a co-applicant credit card.

*Management- my supervisors were amazing

*My Co-Workers- Incredibly wonderful bunch. A lot of team work.

*The hardest part of the job- Not sure. I didn't find anything difficult.

* The most enjoyable part of the job- Everything.
Pros
Great Team Work and I loved my position- day went by fast. You just have to work fast, as you would have to process so many applications in a day.
Cons
it was only a contract job. Wasn't able to get in permanently
Good training, poor management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB13 September 2016
Developed vision problems on the job; RBC's insurance company refused to pay benefits. Income was cut off. Credit was severely damaged. Was promised return to work program, though was never rehired due to "job no longer available." Quite illegal practice at this company. Regretful of this as a career choice. Would never recommend.
Cons
LTD program is deficient; Management does not support staff.