RBC Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very sad and negative
call center customer service representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Salary of 15$ an hour
Cons: Strict management, a lot of pressure, very negative environement, everybody is sad
From all my jobs in Canada and I have had quiet a few this is the one I hated the most. Everything is too strict, you cant even go to a washroom with out getting s*** from management. "You have your breaks for that" they will tell you. This place just sucks!
Great place to learn and grow
Client Service Rep (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 19, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow as a career person and to network as well.

The management isn't always very logical unforunately and the salary is very low.

Staff can be both very fun to work with and very difficult as well.
RBC Associate position
nil (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Can anyone say what is the starting salary for this type of job with RBC; much appreciate.

How about the day to day tasks of this position?

thx.
management is okay
co workers are great
salary is low
The following error occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
is a good place to work
Cash custodian (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONDecember 3, 2015
good place to work, they have excellent benefits but I need more hours and I am not getting them. Good training program and always staying on top of technologies to make banking 1st rate
Call Centre
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBNovember 5, 2015
Pros: good remuneration
Cons: benefits provider is whacked.
Salary and Perks are good.
Managers/Supervisors are all decent. There are cliques.
Group Insurer is not easy to deal with if you get ill without a specific title of illness.
A work-place where all your effort is appreciated.
Client Advisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2015
Workplace where the manager always appreciate your hard work and is always giving you the opportunity to grow. Great health benefits and other benefits.
progressive company
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: pay
Cons: advancement
the work environment is nice and very competitive. Management helps employees to excel, but there is not a push for actual advancement.
they should learn how to manager people
Account Manager/Banking Advisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2016
Pros: other people sees that you have a good job but you basically do not
Cons: long hours, salary based, you will have to work at least 5 hours extra every week at least
the branch i work with, the manager there was very very bad, you have do every little thing, even it is not related to your role, he is still asking you to do it everyday. And he is kind of force me to stay the branch where i worked, not allow me to transfer to other locations. Also, when i registered a course which rbc will pay for it, it took him 3 month to get this approved and it happened twice in last two yrs. He basically does not want to give you any raise, always saying that you do not have enough experience for this you do not have any experience for that. His management skills are horrible.
Great place to work!
Operations System Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
I was only there for four months as a summer student, but it was amazing! The culture was great and everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The company set up lots of opportunities to meet people and connect with other people in the company as well as people higher in management positions. Would love to go back to RBC!
productive and goal oriented - self motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 5, 2016
Pros: Meeting and working with great people
Cons: Time management - hard to meet with upper management due to busy schedules
Very busy and productive which was satisfying to know goals were met individually and as a team.
Learned how to be very thorough, you could never write enough information.
Management was supportive and approachable.
Co workers were the best working family. Team players, coachers and patience to help when needed.
Hardest part of the job was to meet with management, due to very busy schedules, to assist you with added responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the wins, the team work, the people and the customers.
Great experience overall
Banking Advisor - Outbound (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good salary, recognition for hard work
Cons: repetitiveness
A typical day at work would be starting getting all your systems ready on the computer to proactively contact existing RBC clients(the automated dailer makes the calls). Discuss clients financial goals, spot opportunities, up selling, making referrals to other colleges when needed.

Management is great, always supportive. Co-workers(probably will depends on your team, however an overall review would be that they a pretty good).

The hardest part I would say would be that time to time you may not have a good day or maybe calls coming one after another, so it could be draining sometimes.

Most enjoyable part will be team outings, every quarter every team will go out (for example in the last 2 hours of your shift on a Friday or something) for dinner or karaoke and stuff.
A very welcoming company
Volunteer - Handling (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Great people
Cons: Long hours
I had done volunteering work with the RBC company for a few years without pay. It was a great experience because it helped me develop a few skills such as organization skills, and initiation skills.
Had to challenge myself every day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Having to challenge myself and going above myself
Cons: Slow advancement
Fun work place
Big company and great bonuses
Good relation with my bosses
The hardest part was advancement
What I most like about RBC is working with a big company and experiences that I have earn from them.
Had to deal with different kind of clients every day and I love working in diversity.
I didn't like the fact that they did not give me the opportunities to show them that I can handle more works and go beyond myself.
Good brand to have
Manager, Client Action Group (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: bad pay upgrades
growth opportunities if you network and work hard, but eventually there is a cap after which it is harder to break through to higher and better positions

your experience at RBC will depend completely on your manager. most managers are really good and supportive.

although there is room to grow, but that growth only comes in the form of title..pay increases for internal employees are terrible.
Excellent Bank and People, a good place to work
Caribbean Markets Project Manager, Credit Cards (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: The work, the people, the office, the environment is great
Cons: I cannot find anything
I have enjoyed working at RBC as its a very professional and customer oriented organization. The organization ensures that their employees can actively engage in different activities and is always open to discussions in a very professional way.

I have found this the best bank in Canada to work and where have found the most professional people to work with.
Catching up to startups
Application Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Although RBC is a bank they are catching up with the startup culture and it's a great place to be. However, there are still people who are reluctant to change, especially middle managers and the environment/culture is very different across teams.
Fun and productive
Junior Planning Analyst, Co-op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
well planned and very effective learning experience. Had really good relationships with the management. it was very balanced work-life experience.
not a nice experience
Data Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Aggressive, unfair, detrimental, negative, unstable, politically driven, unpleasant environment and incompetent, insecure management. On the positive side, flexible breaks, good pay and bonuses.
Trading is about making trade offs.
Vice President (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: very long hours
The pay is exceptional, but so are the sacrifices you need to make in order to work on the trading floor. Long hours, lots of politics, and higher stress environment. Typically a learn as you go environment, but they do pay for industry courses such as your CSC and CFA.

Overall it can be very rewarding financially if you put your career and competition first.
Revenue
RBC website
YouTube
Join our Talent Community
Recherche d'emplois
Watch our video about becoming a Client Advisor!
Watch our video about becoming a Business Account Manager!
Watch our video about becoming a Financial Planner!

Twitter