RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,016 reviews matching the search
Bias and unhealthy work environment
Disputes Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2017
Unless you are close friends with management you will rarely be promoted or be up for advancement/ career movement. The hours range from 7am to 12 am and change week to week with no warning. Other than the insurance benefits and pay it's one of the worst work environments, a call center with lack of staff, and angry customers because of the over 45 mins wait time.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
no advancement or opportunity, lack of staff, bad scheduling
Learned to multi task, take responsibility of work done, communicate with lawyers and bank managers, work under pressure, etc
Accounts Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Great opportunity to learn various skills like analyze and communicate and obtain information and documents from lawyers, closing officers and lenders to close mortgages. Also, managed time efficiently and accomplished tasks in a deadline driven environment, worked as a team and as an individual, trained new staff through job shadowing and prepared job aids.
Pros
great team work, excellent management, lot to learn
Cons
travel time to and from work
nice place
Customer Service Representative - Coop Placement (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
It was friendly, a completely new experience for me. Hours were amazing The lunchroom was very big and nice. Staff was very focused, good team skills. really nice place to be
Innovating
Digital Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
Workplace has evolved as clients needs have changed and we are at the top when troubleshooting and running escalations to provide ultimate solutions to the client. Its ongoing learning has technology is changing and team members are like a huge family, the hardest part of the job is matrices that representatives are judged on.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Overwork
Toxic Work Environment
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Everybody thinks working for a bank is a great place to work! THINK AGAIN! It is a toxic environment. Working here suck the life right out of you... Management points out everything you are doing wrong, never give you encouragement expect way to much out of people and in order to meet your sales goals you will have to put people into account packages they do not need and may not be able to afford.
Pros
Benefits and pension
Cons
Talents are not recognized!!!
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 March 2017
Lot of politics and it generates unnecessary stress to talented workforce. Good talent lrave and organization don't care. Organization take advantage of good brand and hires folks at a low salary. Increments are not comparable to industry standards. Titles are overrated.
Pros
Good brand.
Cons
No appreciation for hard work.
Workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
A decent place to work
Promotes growth
Excellent benefits
Slow on the Career advancement
Overall an above average workplace
Overall work culture is positive
Lots of Opportunities
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 March 2017
Over the past year I have discovered how diverse RBC is and how many position offerings there are across Canada. I have been given a lot of opportunity for responsibility and also for my personal development to be a financial planner,
Rbc
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
Great Opportunities,Many Lines of Business', Bank becoming more technology driven, Heavy focus on Innovation; which is great!!, Work Life Balance-getting harder to manage...
Fun Environment
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
The company has taught me how to very technical and translate that into words that anyone would understand. They have also taught me to go above and beyond in genuinely helping the client's needs in IT.
great working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 March 2017
I was only there for a short term replacement contract but it was a very positive experience. I learnt a few new administrative tasks, and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
Peaceful workplace that promotes diversity and excellence.
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2017
Working at RBC I can say is the best work experience I have in my career. From the administration to the entry level people, I felt valued and respected.
is a good place to work great people
Specialized Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
The company was a fabulous place to expose yourself to different functions pertaining to the industry. The people themselves were very much enjoyable to work with and driven to succeed not only for themselves but with other associates through their teamwork bringing forth a win win for all involved.
The management basis was one of a figurehead and were always available if needed. The company was very much into diversity which in today's market is necessary for uniting people of all cultures to work in any business. A typical day could be challenging and would require the completing the many tasks or assignments given some of which could be complex but the end results would be rewarding.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working late
Management and staff were great
Cards Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2017
Great work environment however compensation for role was not equal as well as it was very difficult to advance your career. Very Sales oriented. I felt that it was very difficult to move up within RBC, most jobs entailed some sort of selling which is not something for me
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Sales Sales Sales
Good work experience overall
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto5 March 2017
Nice work environment and balanced worklife

Colleagues are helpful and work load not overbearing.

Lot of of opportunities to train and advance
Strong camaraderie amongst co-workers, issues with management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Co-workers often worked together as a team and had a strong bond both in and out of the workplace. Managers often had a quick turnover rate and were under trained for the position.
fun workplace
Bilingual Client Fulfillment Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2017
Fun place to work. Cubicle work environment, respectful co-workers. Occasionally free lunches and regular organized team breakfast.
Pros
fun workplace, kind co_workers
Cons
work load
Royal Bank of Canada
Client Effectiveness Coach (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada23 February 2017
RBC; Royal Bank of Canada being the largest Canadian bank continues to maintain its reputation. It is rated for best customer service and satisfaction. A typical day at work would include going over the coaching log for each intern and then participating in call listening. The workplace culture mainly consists of all ethnic groups with much diversity.
The hardest part of the job in my opinion is to sit beside each individual and do call listening.
The most enjoyable part of the job includes earning reward points based on best performance. These points then can be redeemed toward various products.
Pros
employee appreciation days, earn reward points
Cons
Good workplace environment, very friendly management and peers
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
I enjoyed my time at RBC, the training was in depth and thorough. Management was nice and helpful. Overall good place to work.
Excellent Work Environment
Summer Student, Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Great job, really enjoyed it and good pay.
Great place to work.
The people are amazing and managers are there to help and support you.
I learned that I have the ability to work hard and achieve my targets & goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.