RBC Employee Reviews

Manager, Strategy & Transformation Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2016
RBC was an exceptional place to work. They valued their employees and encouraged growth. I ceased to work at RBC after moving to the US and got married.
a Beginning
Counsel clients in their (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 27, 2016
I started in the Banking World at RBC and the many years I spent there moulded me into the professional I became.
I perfected and honed my analytical and comprehensive skills and gave me an under standing of the Finance at its basics
Pros
Experience
Cons
mobility
RBC Review
Client Advisor Business Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2016
I love working for RBC.
Great place to learn about work and self related goals.

In my position, I'm able to help people everyday with their banking and I even help my co-workers. I was taught to be a natural leader here, and I am very thankful for that.
Pros
You work as a Team
Cons
Bonus isn't that great if you're a Teller
Good benefits, too much work, not enough recognition or advancement opportunities
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 22, 2016
They hire externally, not well organized, team work is talked about but not done. Too much pressure to sell, the advice to clients gets forgotten for the sake of the numbers.
na
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working at the RBC offers you to work in a diverse working environment. The co-workers are helpful. You are encourged to update your skill set.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
standard admin job
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2016
Working for Day to Day administration routine , not busy location to work and no innovation we need to follow what it is in the book
Pros
too many vacations
Cons
salary was not enough
Rbc
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2016
Good company to work at, mature processes, good life to work balance, Great for increasing technical and business competency working with complex mission critical systems, 3-rd party vendors.
Pros
Mature processes
Cons
Agility needs to be developed
fun work environment and very helpfull team leaders
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 17, 2016
- The environment everyday was very fun and comfortable, being punctual was most important for every employee.

- Learned more about what customer service is and applied it everyday at work, full training given by RBC on how to analyze all client information within database to provide best solutions to help ease their debt.

- Team leaders helped with any situations that were hard to solve, they did team meetings to discuss goals and any further improvements needed to apply to help clients ease their debt.

- At RBC there were teams for each team leader, members of each team were very helpful and respectful.

- The hardest part working at RBC was communicating with the clients over the phone because not every client was the same.

- The most enjoyable part was working in a team oriented environment where everyone helped each other, everyone was very respectful of each other.
Positive
Conseiller expert en services bancaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2016
Great place to start out career. Not sure it is great for the long term with all the compression's being made on a yearly basis.
Good company to work for and they provide excellent courses
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Deal with escalations received
Attend required meetings
Both interesting and difficult to determine route cause of problems reported and in some cases being able to go through the software code
Courses provide along with time to do them
Able to work from home
Pros
They provide the tools necessary to do the job
Cons
Distance
Insurance
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  OntarioAugust 8, 2016
Home and auto insurance has been sold off. Currently only sales and service for the department with no job growth for insurance roles.
Pros
Cons
No job growth
good place
Claims First Response Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meadowvale Village, ONAugust 4, 2016
This is a great place for a lot of people, there are good people who work here. Moving on, there is not a lot of opportunity for growth in my department and I am looking elsewhere.
Pros
benefits, overtime opportunities, coaching and development
Cons
shift roation, nit picking, call center
Productive and fun work place
Agente en recouvrement (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 3, 2016
Very good and fun work place, best part of the job is being able to really help people going through hardship. The hardest part is trying to educate the client, so they can understand a little bit better the consequences and the impact a bad credit can have on their lives.
Great company to work for.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2016
Worked here for over two years and it's been a pleasure. Had the opportunity to meet a lot of executives and make new friends. Great cafeteria as well.
Great co-workers and some pretty awesome clients
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2016
I found management unhelpful and could not seem to prioritize either our goals and/or purpose. Sales driven without equitable distribution of acknowledgement dispersed to all staff. Incredible pressure to achieve sales targets with "chats" if the sales were not achieved, even those employees that have been with RBC for going on 30 years were feeling threatened. Work/Life balance valuation is poor at best. Constant split days off and changes to job arrangements without any recourse for the employee.
My schedule changed 3 times adding more hours and days with another change coming again in June which lead me to leave.
Pros
Year end bonus
Cons
Work arrangements changing constantly and sales pressure is intense
non productive job
Operations Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2016
oik ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

this is big company , the place I worked was their technical head office,

I am just filling this out its been so long when I was working there dont , ok ok ok ok ok, , , , , ,
Rbc
Banking Advisor/ Account manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 13, 2016
Fantastic company to work for. Opportunities to move up. Great work culture. Learned a lot about banking and finance. Great place to work.
Overall a well run company
Senior Manager FX (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
RBC is a great organization with fairly competitive compensation and benefits. The culture of my working environment has changed and therefore I have decided it is time for a change.
Branch environment review ONLY
Représentante des services financiers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 8, 2016
Very nice clients, very nice colleagues, difficulties with management. Branch environment is not the best of the company since it is very retail oriented- similar to a retail shop- accent is on Sales and work is late hours on end of week and Saturdays. The work is replaced by new technologies and is very repetitve otherwise. Advancement is extremely slowly at best of cases. Many people leaving or changing and never replaced which creates strains for the remaining. Could be extremely stressful because of ever growing sales targets. The company was really the best I have ever worked for only 8 years ago...since the retail concept was implemented, hard to believe it became such an impossible and neurotic environment !
benefits
Cons
advancement
it depends on the team/department you work with
Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
There are both positive and negative things. Late hours are typical. The management, however, stimulates innovations and arranges periodically technological competitions on hottest topics.
The working conditions vary heavily from department to department.
Pros
TEchnology innovations