RBC Employee Reviews

Found 1,123 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun workplace
Poster Designer & Creator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
RBC is a great place to work. It is a productive and fun workplace. I've learned many skills, especially in communication and management skills. Everyone is kind.
a challenging environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls ONT27 June 2017
The commercial lending division of a major Canadian Chartered Bank. The job required the supervision of a commercial loan portfolio.
This included both marketing and underwriting and also workouts and problem loans.
My portfolio was one of the most profitable in the region
Pros
A very interesting job
Cons
Very demanding and low pay
Fun Workplace
Business Analyst/Product Owner/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Amazing work culture and very flexible.
People willing to share information and guide you along the way.
Very diverse and lot of development opportunities.
Pros
Development
Cons
Salary
Fun workplace but not enough compensation for duties.
Credit Specialist and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2017
As a credit specialist you are under a lot of stress from management and customers that you talk to on a day to day basis. Being in the office chair for long hours at a time can take a toll on your body.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Poor compensation
Call Center in a basement
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC26 June 2017
Though they've changed locations, the work itself is tedious and boring as soon as you've become accustomed to it. Advancement is there, and the opportunity is amazing, but it does require a lot of work.
Pros
My boss
Cons
The location
Great people to work with.
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 June 2017
The people are great, however, the workload is always increasing. We do our jobs plus that of two other departments now for the same pay. It was a fun place to work 10 years ago but now the focus is less on staff and more on profits. It's a bank, after all. Having ergonomic work stations and chairs should be a cost that they would be willing to pay, but it's not.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful Job
Great people, not so great management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
RBC is a huge place, so it'll depend on the department you're in. I was in IT HR Corporate Systems. Corporate Systems itself was pretty good. The culture was good, my team was fantastic and I really enjoyed working there. The problem was the management. Empty promises, no action, even as far as forgetful action (promising to do something, then nothing happens). People were given new positions and announcements were made, only for them to never transpire. The push to adopt Agile is everywhere, and the people are ready and willing to embrace change, but the old processes don't support the change. People still are expected to work in their own silo. Resource allocation is by percentages. RBC was supportive of training (all the time, it was great), they tried to embrace new technologies (with some success) so it was an excellent team work environment. I'd highly recommend the place, if you get a good boss.
Pros
Culture, training, opportunities
Cons
Management needs better training
Good job culture
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
Preparing for client appointments
How to prioritize and work under pressure
Management is good at coaching
Very busy
Making clients dream come true,
I was secured at my job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
I enjoyed working for RBC and loved the people, I worked with. The benefits and bonuses were great. I had to leave due to health reasons. Everything is fine now.
Working remotely... not the best for me
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 June 2017
A good place to work at. My job was a working remotely which can lead to difficultly balancing work and family life.
Working during family time and vice-versa.

Learned that I enjoy a more structured work setup.
Good Company
QA Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Very Good company to work for.
Politics everywhere.
If you are part of the group hard to move up.

Lots of perks like free blue jays games, company outings.
Great learning opportunity
Data Analyst - Cash Services National Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 June 2017
Presented with a lot of opportunity to grow knowledge in data analytics and visualization to produce impactful work. Delightful group of people to work with
Great organization
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, Ont19 June 2017
Great organization to work for...very fast paced, creates a culture for diversity, giving back to the community and respect for privacy. Fair rewards and recognition for performance and scope for advancement .
Pros
The ability to learn something new each day ...helping clients to meet their financial goals
Massive firm, corporate culture
Market Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
Manager was only out for his own career, very selfish and near sighted. I was not around long enough to see if advancement would have been a challenge, I suspect that it may have. Big corporation, top-heavy, everything is a process and a form, not much creativity.
Not a good place to work at
CA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
Management team always fail to value your effort. People who actually know how to use the system are stuck at CA and BA. Nothing you do is correct. Impossible sales target. Too many office politics. Always bully the new guys. Most likely, BM and ABM knows nothing. People who actually know how to use the system are stuck at CA and BA. Bank too cheap to upgrade system and ATM. Salary way too low for the thing we do. Do not care about client. Do not care about employee.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Good employer Consistent organizational changes
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  CA18 June 2017
Provided logistical support to customers, depositing cheques and handling accounts.
Personally, interfaced with customers regarding enquiries relevant to account details.
Compiled evaluation reports summaries and conducted distribution to other departments.
Performed office organization activities, with direct reporting to the department manager with relevant updates.
Job Review
Sr. Quality Assurance Lead, QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
I have been working at RBC (More than 6 months)
Pros
RBC has a great atmosphere and it doesn't feel like a 9-5 routine work
Work Life Balance is good with great vacation period and flexibility
Salary is competitive with other banks
Cons
Can get hierarchical at points but I would say is still decent and somewhat multicultural at management level
Slow advancement
Advice to Management
Continuously provide feedback
Highlight path to advancement
Career coaching with clear action plan
fun workplace friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  mcphillips and court15 June 2017
very skillful and helps you gain understanding of everyday banking and shows you different ways to meet peoples needs. very useful in your own personal life.
Pros
its helpful
Cons
it gets very busy
Friendly place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
RBC is a wonderful place to work. friendly staff and management. Our everyday clients are great and sweet! There is always lots to learn in the banking industry.
Productive and Fun
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB13 June 2017
On a typical day at work we Provides account services to clients by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks, traveler's checks, and answering questions in person or on telephone referring to other bank services.
Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciling loan coupons and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency

I learned more about Banking operations and administrative functions
Culture- Core Values is always observed
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea or Hot Choco
Cons
No career growth unless someone resign

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval